Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:12

tioms
maumau, Your talks:
""Keith should quit right away, the Stones disband and this website closed

the rest is joy and happiness"".

""they should simply pack their things and retire, cant stand this bullsh*t no more, look at Mick, barely trotting on the catwalk, unbearable"".

Are you always speaking in this way?

sorry tioms, sarcasm took my hand
sometimes I really cant stand some anal-ytical talks
needed to vent some
now feel better cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 13:16 by maumau.

Date: May 30, 2018 13:22

maumau
tioms
maumau, Your talks:
""Keith should quit right away, the Stones disband and this website closed

the rest is joy and happiness"".

""they should simply pack their things and retire, cant stand this bullsh*t no more, look at Mick, barely trotting on the catwalk, unbearable"".

Are you always speaking in this way?

sorry tioms, sarcasm took my hand
sometimes I really cant stand some anal-ytical talks
needed to vent some
now feel better cool smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:57

Sweet Virginia from last night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 18:52 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:18

bitusa2012 wrote: "Keith has NO idea how SMU starts anymore....2 bum notes in the first 5!"

It has not to do with a particular intro, IMO. Simply, sometimes Keith is (and was) nervous at the start of gigs, regardless of the song. Remember, in 2003 he "abused" Brown Sugar's intro, at least on 4 different nights. Same with UMT intro, in 1981. No big deal to me.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:20

I would love to be barely trotting along anywhere if and when I reach 74 grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:36

Beast
I would love to be barely trotting along anywhere if and when I reach 74 grinning smiley

Quite!

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:41

So, as usual there were some flubs here and there, like the intro to "Start Me Up".

I couldn't give a rats anus personally, it was forgotten about within seconds and they played a very solid show.

I had an amazing night out watching the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll band in the world do their thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 14:43 by mikehat.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:42

Beast

You will be Sara!

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:47

Silver Dagger

video: [youtu.be]
Best number of the tour so far! Thanks. Wish we could see Keef tho...

Date: May 30, 2018 14:51

drwatts
Silver Dagger

Best number of the tour so far! Thanks. Wish we could see Keef tho...

I was in Pit A this time so Keith was out of view quite a bit.

Date: May 30, 2018 14:54

Midnight Rambler from Southampton. It shows just how much Ronnie is working his socks off. Sorry about the bloody cameraman who got in the way but I think it shows the song from a different perspective than normal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 14:58 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:06

Silver Dagger

Great stuff. I really love this song and seeing as I missed it at Stockholm (I had LD tickets but couldn't make the gig) it kind of made up for that.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:10

DandelionPowderman
tiffanyblu
AshtrayGirl
nobodyimportant
vertigojoe
Low point for me Paint in Black.

Oh, why? I thought it was tremendous, such a powerful song.

...please explain, what do you mean... I feel shiver every time I hear this song... (because of that overwhelming beautiful sounds)

Honestly I agree that PIB has been a low point for quite a few years. Its one of the best, but feels know that it goes on repeat, missing some groove and hard drums.

It's bee a bit slow and dragging on some shows. On London #1 it was faster and excellent!

Well, it is a song about bereavement, so I think it's suited to a more doomy tempo.

Date: May 30, 2018 15:14

john lomax
Sasha's microphone is too quiet in Gimme Shelter - her part should really stand out but at the 3 shows I have seen on this tour it's been hard to hear her.

Yes, I agree. At London 1 I thought it must be an oversight on someone's part, but I couldn't hear her at London 2 or last night either. Disappointing.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:26

nobodyimportant
john lomax
Sasha's microphone is too quiet in Gimme Shelter - her part should really stand out but at the 3 shows I have seen on this tour it's been hard to hear her.

Yes, I agree. At London 1 I thought it must be an oversight on someone's part, but I couldn't hear her at London 2 or last night either. Disappointing.

Last night I couldn't hear her at all when she came down the ramp. Surely it will be sorted for next time as not hearing her greatly detracts from the song.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:35

You can't have everything I guess.winking smiley Still an awesome vid!

Date: May 30, 2018 15:45

nobodyimportant
DandelionPowderman
tiffanyblu
AshtrayGirl
nobodyimportant
vertigojoe
Low point for me Paint in Black.

Oh, why? I thought it was tremendous, such a powerful song.

...please explain, what do you mean... I feel shiver every time I hear this song... (because of that overwhelming beautiful sounds)

Honestly I agree that PIB has been a low point for quite a few years. Its one of the best, but feels know that it goes on repeat, missing some groove and hard drums.

It's bee a bit slow and dragging on some shows. On London #1 it was faster and excellent!

Well, it is a song about bereavement, so I think it's suited to a more doomy tempo.

There is a limit! smiling smiley

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:49

Just got home from last night's show.

My review - they were F@#@ing Awesome. - The only thing we want to complain about, is that there was nothing to complain about.
Song highlight - Sweet Virginia
Concert highlight - watching two young ladies lose their minds at how great these old guys were and realising they knew most of the songs. Me and Mrs Radar were more than happy to be cheerleaders and encourage the dancing, arm waving and screaming!
We had already lost our minds years ago, so were pleased to pass on the torchspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh and thank you Southampton for playing your part. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 16:07 by undertheradar.

Rolling Stones - Southampton UK 29-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:49

REVIEW: The Rolling Stones at St Mary's Stadium

The last time The Rolling Stones played Southampton was the year England won the World Cup.

More than 50 years later the legendary rock band returned to the city for a knock-out performance on the pitch at they thrilled more than 30,000 music lovers at St Mary’s Stadium.

Despite earlier downpours of rain, it stayed dry and nothing was going to dampen the excitement, enthusiasm and energy on and off the stage.

These rock icons might have a combined age of 294 years but Mick Jagger, 74, Keith Richards, 74, Charlie Watts, 76, and Ronnie Wood, 70, certainly showed how to hold back time with an explosive set of back-to-back hits and crowd-pleasers.

Jagger – who became a father for the eighth time last December when his 30-year-old girlfriend Melanie Hamrick gave birth to their son, proved he’s still an unstoppable force of nature from the moment he burst on stage in his skinny black jeans, rhinestone shirt and blue satin bomber jacket.

Launching into opener Start Me Up and maintaining the tempo with Let’s Spend the Night Together followed by Tumbling Dice and It’s Only Rock ’N’ Roll it was clear we were watching the ultimate frontman of the greatest ever rock band still at the very top of their game.

Not only does Jagger have an incredible voice but his energy and moves were something to behold as he constantly ran up and down the huge stage and into the crowd along the T-shaped jutted runway, often skipping and looking every inch a young dancer or top athlete.

The weaving double playing of guitarist Ronnie Wood with Keith Richards was incredible, and even drummer Charlie Watts still performs with vigour.

All the on-stage action was also transmitted on four huge LED video screens, along with stunning visual artwork. This was a massive, spectacular production which was “in the millions of dollars” to put on. It was part of the second leg of the Stones’ No Filter tour and the third of 14 UK shows, coming after London Stadium and Croke Park in Dublin. Some 725,000 people will see the Stones over these dates.

With such an epic back catalogue of hits from the band that started in 1962, the set list has been different for each show. It was exciting speculating what would come next.

You Can’t Always Get What You Want became an extended singalong with the crowd, followed by the thrilling Paint It Black and Honky Tonk Women.

Jumpin’ Jack Flash was another highlight with Jagger leading all the arm-waving and dancing in the crowd, followed by the icing on the cake, Brown Sugar, where the energy became superhuman closing the set. This was followed by the encore with Gimme Shelter and the ultimate smash hit (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.

All the band seemed in high spirits, loving every minute as much as the crowd. Jagger shared lots of good humoured banter with the fans throughout.

"I guess there are lots of Southampton fans here - I've got to congratulate you on another great escape!" he laughed.

He also told them "I had just enough time to have a kick around with Matt Le Tissier" before making reference to a time he spent "at a prison up the road" and saying there were two prison cells at St Mary's which were good for putting away fans in.

He recalled their first Southampton gig at The Gaumont in 1963 and most recent in 1966.

“That was the World Cup year and we’d like to thank you for coming back to see us after all this time,” he said. The feeling was mutual.

[www.dailyecho.co.uk]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:14

Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second Hyde Park gig in 2013.

Love Keith for it, who gives a shit about one bum note anyway, go play the record if you want perfection, this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what.

Date: May 30, 2018 16:22

This is class! But I can't see it anywhere on the Stones site?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:25

st Mary's stadium is just a great place to see the stones, I loved every minute of the show.
We were seated in block 6 so perfect view,
Sound was great loud crisp and clear.

I don't over analyse the individual stones playing, it's the whole sound that matters to me.
And I thought they sounded tight and focused,
I just loved it.
My granddaughter who's 14yr was mesmerised by it all, she never sat down.
So great to see the stones in a compact stadium.

Date: May 30, 2018 16:26

keithsman
Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second both Hyde Park gigs in 2013.

Love Keith for it, who gives a shit about one bum note anyway, go play the record if you want perfection, this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what.

Re: Rolling Stones - Southampton UK 29-May-2018
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:35

bye bye johnny
REVIEW: The Rolling Stones at St Mary's Stadium

Curious can anyone tell which song this was?? TIA...thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:36

Ok, so, if this is on purpose, why not fully assume and correct bum notes on DVD ?
Rebel Keith, hum ? Not on Hyde Park and Havana Moon official release...

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second both Hyde Park gigs in 2013.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 16:40 by powerage78.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:40

nobodyimportant

This is class! But I can't see it anywhere on the Stones site?

Purchase link was included in the post - [TheRollingStonesShop.com]

Date: May 30, 2018 16:40

powerage78
Ok, so, if this is on purpose, why not fully assume and correct bum notes on DVD ?

DandelionPowderman
keithsman

You better quote keithsman instead, and ask him..

Date: May 30, 2018 16:46

keithsman
Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second Hyde Park gig in 2013.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:48

Complaints usually come from those who have not been present

Date: May 30, 2018 16:54

That's beside the point 1962.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home