Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 30, 2018 08:57

I’ve seen some footages of SMU and the intro sounds not really good.. Bit like the SMU intro of Hyde Park 1. Am I right or is it the bad sound quality in the videos?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2018 08:59

JJF
[youtu.be]

GS
[youtu.be]

SATIS
[youtu.be]

PIB (part of)
[youtu.be]

HTW
[youtu.be]

SFTD
[youtu.be]

SMU
[youtu.be]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 09:17 by maumau.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 30, 2018 09:17

RG
I’ve seen some footages of SMU and the intro sounds not really good.. Bit like the SMU intro of Hyde Park 1. Am I right or is it the bad sound quality in the videos?

Agreed , hope its the video, altough Scarf me up is a modern Classic!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 30, 2018 09:40

tiffanyblu
RG

It's not the video, It's the same fingers problems as usual smiling smiley (Hyde park)

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 30, 2018 09:44

AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

It's not the video, It's the same fingers problems as usual smiling smiley (Hyde park)

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2018 09:48

Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
I can hardly sit down, what with all these horseshoes up my arse. First, the weather cleared beautifully! Then my Lucky Dips landed me in Pit B. Then the boys were on their game! Sweet Virginia was a treat, and it was just a great night. AND, when my hotel seemed buggered up beyond redemption, it turns out one of the staff is an IORR lurker and sorted it brilliantly. Happy, happy, happy!

Lol, IORRians everywhere! grinning smiley

Cheers, STG!

Thanks for all your pics, Cristiano!

Date: May 30, 2018 10:13

MonkeyMan2000
DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000
Is LSTNT in D? Always thought it was G, except for the chorus.

Several songs are listed in the wrong key on these setlists. It's in G, and GS is not in minor..

Yes, I noticed that one too. But GS is a bit confusing as it actually should be in minor given the chord progression. Still it somehow works with a major chord...

There is no minor chord being played in GS. What fools us to believe that, though, is Keith's licks and riffing, where he uses the minor pentatonic blues scale.

The C#-chord is not in minor, though, it's major/sus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 11:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 30, 2018 10:16

tiffanyblu
AshtrayGirl
nobodyimportant
vertigojoe
Low point for me Paint in Black.

Oh, why? I thought it was tremendous, such a powerful song.

...please explain, what do you mean... I feel shiver every time I hear this song... (because of that overwhelming beautiful sounds)

Honestly I agree that PIB has been a low point for quite a few years. Its one of the best, but feels know that it goes on repeat, missing some groove and hard drums.

It's bee a bit slow and dragging on some shows. On London #1 it was faster and excellent!

Date: May 30, 2018 10:17

AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

Usual? How many times have this happened? I've seen it once (and I know it happened on HP II as well). Which other gigs?

Date: May 30, 2018 10:46

DandelionPowderman
AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

Usual? How many times have this happened? I've seen it once (and I know it happened on HP II as well). Which other gigs?

Every 2017 gig. Not with SMU but with Sympathy. It is just that Keith has trouble with the first chords.

JJF goes well.

SMU, SFTD and especially BS are a different story.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 30, 2018 10:54

Yeah, that's why I don't like Scarf Me Up as the opener - too much risk that it goes wrong. JJf is safer because if he messes up the opening riff it's less noticeable.

Still, a great gig last night. From where I was sitting (block 30, which was on the side next to the No filter pit), the sound was a bit quiet at the start - I assume there was no sound check and so the sound guys used the first 2 or 3 songs to get the sound right. Volume and sound quality improved as the night went on. My only crticism is that Sasha's microphone is too quiet in Gimme Shelter - her part should really stand out but at the 3 shows I have seen on this tour it's been hard to hear her.

Of the shows I have seen so far (Dublin, London 1 and Southampton), Dublin had the best sound (i.e. Loudest and clearest) but that may be because I was in the Gild Circle right in front, whereas for the other two shows I was in the stands).

Date: May 30, 2018 11:07

PaintMonkeyManBlack
DandelionPowderman
AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

Every 2017 gig. Not with SMU but with Sympathy. It is just that Keith has trouble with the first chords.

JJF goes well.

You mean he has trouble with the first B-chord in SFTD? Or that he played a few wonky solos (some were good, imo)?

I think he starts JJF way too slow. Charlie saves him a bit by increasing the tempo when he gets in (same with MR and BS).

The SMU-intro was fine in Oslo 2014, Roskilde 2014, Hamburg 2017, Amsterdam 2017 and on London #1, as far as I could hear.

Hence Scarf Me Up is the exception, not the rule, imo smiling smiley However, there are people who attend more shows than I do. Maybe they know more?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 30, 2018 11:13

nobodyimportant
vertigojoe
Low point for me Paint in Black.

Oh, why? I thought it was tremendous, such a powerful song.

It drags along tempo wise and the sound in a stadium does nothing for it.

Date: May 30, 2018 11:14

DandelionPowderman
PaintMonkeyManBlack
DandelionPowderman
AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

JJF goes well.

You mean he has trouble with the first B-chord in SFTD? Or that he played a few wonky solos (some were good, imo)?

I think he starts JJF way too slow. Charlie saves him a bit by increasing the tempo when he gets in (same with MR and BS).

The SMU-intro was fine in Oslo 2014, Roskilde 2014, Hamburg 2017, Amsterdam 2017 and on London #1, as far as I could hear.

Hence Scarf Me Up is the exception, not the rule, imo smiling smiley However, there are people who attend more shows than I do. Maybe they know more?

I am talking about the first chords on opening numbers. Keith always starts very rusty. Why can he play the first SFTD chords and solo's very well now, and in 2017 it sounded like an amateur.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 30, 2018 11:27

Next opener? Brown Sugar?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 11:29

Honky Tonk Women ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 11:30 by 1962.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 11:30

Not Fade Away ?

Date: May 30, 2018 11:50

PaintMonkeyManBlack
DandelionPowderman
PaintMonkeyManBlack
DandelionPowderman
AntoineParis
tiffanyblu
RG

JJF goes well.

I am talking about the first chords on opening numbers. Keith always starts very rusty. Why can he play the first SFTD chords and solo's very well now, and in 2017 it sounded like an amateur.

I'm not so sure if the difference is that big, though. And the bum notes didn't appear at every gig last year. So... he's having good and bad days, not good and bad tours, imo.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: May 30, 2018 12:24

Thanks for the great pictures!
Surely, the frontpage of local 'Daily Echo' paper is about the concert?? is it possible to have scans please? Thanks

Date: May 30, 2018 12:40

This is a different video of SMU to discuss the quality of the intro

[youtu.be]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 12:48

Keith has NO idea how SMU starts anymore....2 bum notes in the first 5!

Rod

Date: May 30, 2018 12:50

bitusa2012

Keith should quit right away, the Stones disband and this website closed

the rest is joy and happiness

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2018 12:54

bitusa2012

they should simple drop this song 'cause it bullsh*t anyhow

Date: May 30, 2018 12:55

bitusa2012

Must have been pure luck in London, then?

Date: May 30, 2018 12:58

slewan
bitusa2012

they should simple drop this song 'cause it bullsh*t anyhow

they should simply pack their things and retire, cant stand this bullsh*t no more, look at Mick, barely trotting on the catwalk, unbearable

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:00

bitusa2012

Imagine: if you're in the Pit in Germany, you pay €799 (ca. US-$ 924) for such a Intro ....

Date: May 30, 2018 13:03

Irix
bitusa2012

Imagine: if you're in the Pit in Germany, you pay €799 for such a Intro ....

It's beyond imagination, actually I can't understand why people yesterday did not react at such a plain abuse. Must have been a mass of deluded drunks

Date: May 30, 2018 13:04

JN99
The Worst.
One easy way to spot the difference between Malcolm and Micawber, is that Micawber is missing one of those black dots high up on the fret:

Well Malcolm is a sunburst Tele so it's quite easy to tell them apart winking smiley

Oops, a little research and I stand corrected, the Sunburst one is Sonny. Makes sense eh? So have either Sonny or Malcolm been seen?

What about Gloria? Haven't seen that one since Doom And Gloom..

Date: May 30, 2018 13:06

waterrats

Twitter

So LSTNT was not in standard tuning, as reported here earlier.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:09

maumau, Your talks:
""Keith should quit right away, the Stones disband and this website closed

the rest is joy and happiness"".

""they should simply pack their things and retire, cant stand this bullsh*t no more, look at Mick, barely trotting on the catwalk, unbearable"".

Are you always speaking in this way?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home