Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:13

So Jagger's voice was alright?

- Doxa

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:16

Looks and sounds like all the Stones are finding their form, thanks for the pics and twitter , instagram links, great that Mick didn't have laryngitis after all, what a relief for all of us.
Cheers Cristiano , what a trouper you are for everybody smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 01:28 by keithsman.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:31

Setlist?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:32

masseywinos

Setlist?

Here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:41

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:42

already posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 01:42 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: May 30, 2018 01:49

MonkeyMan2000
Is LSTNT in D? Always thought it was G, except for the chorus.

Several songs are listed in the wrong key on these setlists. It's in G, and GS is not in minor..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:51

Great great gig.jagger was very focused and tight.spitted quite a few times snot from his nose.keith was very good and sometimes just playing ronnie was not as in front as in amsterdam 2017.i am tired now but will report in a few days.charlie was the Basher snd tight.gonna enjoy some red wine and sleep.great setlist snd i enjoyed it very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 01:52 by corriecas.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:53

DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000

Several songs are listed in the wrong key on these setlists. It's in G, and GS is not in minor..

Yes, I noticed that one too. But GS is a bit confusing as it actually should be in minor given the chord progression. Still it somehow works with a major chord...

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:58

The picture of Mick and Keith singing together is very cool. It would be great to do a side by side with that picture and one from the '72 tour. A lot of history between those two

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:59

The one song i did not like was Gimme shelyer.at least the female singer was screaming too much.
And i have heard Miss you too many times. I fall asleep.
Jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:02

Cristiano Radtke
Sweet Virginia

‘You got it in ya’ ****THANK YOU****

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:11

MonkeyMan2000
DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000

Yes, I noticed that one too. But GS is a bit confusing as it actually should be in minor given the chord progression. Still it somehow works with a major chord...

Just so long as it wasn't in mail box key -- that is, simply mailed in. smiling smiley

Most fans like myself just look at the song titles.

You mechanics can fuss over the spark plugs.

As long as the engine's running fine, I'll just enjoy the ride.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:13

I can hardly sit down, what with all these horseshoes up my arse. First, the weather cleared beautifully! Then my Lucky Dips landed me in Pit B. Then the boys were on their game! Sweet Virginia was a treat, and it was just a great night. AND, when my hotel seemed buggered up beyond redemption, it turns out one of the staff is an IORR lurker and sorted it brilliantly. Happy, happy, happy!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:15

SomeTorontoGirl
I can hardly sit down, what with all these horseshoes up my arse. First, the weather cleared beautifully! Then my Lucky Dips landed me in Pit B. Then the boys were on their game! Sweet Virginia was a treat, and it was just a great night. AND, when my hotel seemed buggered up beyond redemption, it turns out one of the staff is an IORR lurker and sorted it brilliantly. Happy, happy, happy!

Lol, IORRians everywhere! grinning smiley

Cheers, STG!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:19

Just got back from St Marys. Great show. All four of them in really good form.
Sweet Virginia the highlight. Low point for me Paint in Black.
Keith played great. Minimalist but effective. Even Sympathy he was good.
Let’s spend the night together a bit leaden.
They all looked real happy to be there with each other. Roll on Saturday!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:51

Thanx for all the postings folks....i'd like to see a different opener every gig ...

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 30, 2018 02:52

I thought Keith played LSTNT in standard tuning tonight. Which I thought was good, rather than using open G. But now I don’t trust this memory. Can anyone help?

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 30, 2018 03:03

SomeTorontoGirl

Same here STG! My girlfriend and I got Pit B LD also. Seems lots of people got Pit B. FWIW, we picked up our LDS at about 3:00. The person at the window fanned out a bunch of envelopes and I picked one randomly. The show was a blast. My first Sweet Virginia after almost 40 shows! And the weather clearing was great. Celebrity sitings: we think we saw at least of one of Keith's grandkids in front of us. And we think spotted Marlon's wife. Plus, Liv Tyler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 03:12 by djrambler.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 03:20

Just got home. Yes was a great night. Micks voice excellent. Got PIT A with lucky dip . Stones on their game and NO RAIN.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 30, 2018 03:51

Reports and pictures here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 03:52 by bv.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2018 04:10

Great pics bv!

This one looks like Mick is refereeing a guitar dual between Keith and Ronnie with Ronnie doing his best to impress with a dramatic pose! smiling smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 04:14

I just got back from the gig. I can’t count the songs or say what was played. However, I hope I can come up with some memories of tonight.
First of all, I have to say that this was a special show for me. It was the Stones in my home town. A first ever! I spent the day getting ready and then went to the pub. What else?

On getting to the stadium we went through security very quickly. Maybe London was strict but here is Southampton things aren’t too bad!

So we're in the venue and have a few drinks whilst the vaccines are on. Walking into the stadium at the back with GA tickets it we seems like we’re pretty near the front. In fact, you don’t need to barge your way too far forwards to get to a really good spot. This is a small venue.

The show starts earlier than I thought it would. Maybe 8.20pm. Start Me Up is a good opener for this audience. The only bad thing tonight is that the audience is lame. They know the hits but not the Stones!

After Start Me Up we had the usual openers. Tumbling Dice sounds good always and to me is the quintessential Stones song. Just your Fool was just great too. Then Under My Thumb which pleased the crowd followed by Sweet Virginia. I guessed it as soon as Mick went up to the microphone with the acoustic and the harmonica. This was one of the highlights of the night. If you want to see the stones at their “gospel” and "country" best then this is where to start.

The next highlight to me was The Worst. I haven’t seen Keith do this since the Voodoo Lounge Tour so it was pretty special. I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw Ron’s pedal steel being brought on stage. It was a lovely version with Bernard on vocals alongside Keith. I don’t think the crowd near me digged it much so I made a bit of a point of cheering more than anything before. Then BTMMR which again I don’t think the crowd knew and I made a point of cheering.

Next up Sympathy and, to be fair, this works really well once dark. However, it wasn’t until Miss You that the crowd really got going. They loved it and finally every one was up dancing and singing along. What a great song and a great version. Definitely a highlight of the night!

Midnight Rambler was my favourite of the night. What a great version! Slow, bluesy and slinky. Wow! I will never forget that moment.

Then on to the final run. Somehow they forgot to turn Sasha up for the solo on Gimme Shelter. What a shame as I really like what she has done with this song. In fact, it was a bit of an anti climax with her being inaudible in the mix. Nevermind, a great version of Satisfaction and then home time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 04:21 by sjs12.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:07

vertigojoe
Low point for me Paint in Black.

Oh, why? I thought it was tremendous, such a powerful song.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:07

Drove home from Southampton to Dartford and got in at 2:00 a.m. after dropping my gig buddy off in Orpington. Kent.

Can't sleep so having a couple of Irish Whiskeys to relax before bed. So glad we went to this show scored Pit A with our lucky dips and had a fantastic view.

It was far more intimate than the 2 London shows and it was great to hear them play Sweet Virginia.

Also good that they opened up with another different number to Dublin and the 2 London shows. We guessed right that it may be Start me up such a great opening number.

It took the crowd a while to get into the show but once they did it was a great atmosphere and Keiths rain stick worked and kept the storms at bay.

My only complaint is that all 3 shows I have attended so far is that Sasha's microphone does not appear to be working or her amp as I could barely hear her all 3 times.

Other than that the Stones are in great form and I can't wait for the Twickenham show now.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:14

SomeTorontoGirl

Man, he must have been made up.................if you can't meet the band,,,,,,, SomeworldinfamousTorontogirl will do nicely.................>grinning smiley<

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:56

nobodyimportant
vertigojoe

...please explain, what do you mean... I feel shiver every time I hear this song... (because of that overwhelming beautiful sounds)

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 30, 2018 07:59

AshtrayGirl
nobodyimportant
vertigojoe

...please explain, what do you mean... I feel shiver every time I hear this song... (because of that overwhelming beautiful sounds)

Honestly I agree that PIB has been a low point for quite a few years. Its one of the best, but feels know that it goes on repeat, missing some groove and hard drums.

Date: May 30, 2018 08:48

SomeTorontoGirl

grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2018 08:51

fantastic pictures bv

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home