Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

This No Bag policy
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:18

My sister is really concerned, her daughter is a diabetic and needs to take medical items with her to the concert at Coventry.

I have tried to reassure her, that there will be no problem and cited the wording on the Ricoh website.

My sister has emailed the Ricoh arena and to be honest its not clear cut, one message saying medical allowances will made, then next message, stating no A5 bags allowed.

Has anybody in the same circumstances had any problems for the first two concerts, i know there were a few scenes regarding bags at London.

Re: This No Bag policy
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:38

They just need to see what you are bringing. I am sure you can bring anything you need and like as long as they understand what it is, and they understand it is harmless.

Security is in charge of preventing guns, bombs, all sorts of terror and violence. We make their work easier, and queues move faster, by only bringing what we need. We don't really need an umbrella tonight, and we don't need big bags with a lot of useless junk. Also, if you bring a lot of bananas then you are damaging their sales budget and also you may throw bananas on stage, so no wonder they don't allow food.

Bjornulf

Date: May 25, 2018 13:43

bv
They just need to see what you are bringing. I am sure you can bring anything you need and like as long as they understand what it is, and they understand it is harmless.

Security is in charge of preventing guns, bombs, all sorts of terror and violence. We make their work easier, and queues move faster, by only bringing what we need. We don't really need an umbrella tonight, and we don't need big bags with a lot of useless junk. Also, if you bring a lot of bananas then you are damaging their sales budget and also you may throw bananas on stage, so no wonder they don't allow food.

Thanks.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:52

odean73
My sister is really concerned, her daughter is a diabetic and needs to take medical items with her to the concert at Coventry.

I have tried to reassure her, that there will be no problem and cited the wording on the Ricoh website.

My sister has emailed the Ricoh arena and to be honest its not clear cut, one message saying medical allowances will made, then next message, stating no A5 bags allowed.

From the Coventry into page

"Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper declaration and inspection"

More here : [www.ricoharena.com]

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:53

Do what I did in london and take a carrier bag...If they have problems with the size I just tore a bit off it

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 25, 2018 14:19

And, odean73, it will definitely help if your sister could bring a prescription or anything in writing about the medical items she needs to bring in with her.

Cheers

dead.flowers

Date: May 25, 2018 15:20

andy js
odean73

From the Coventry into page

"Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper declaration and inspection"

More here : [www.ricoharena.com]

Pointed that out to her, thanks.

Date: May 25, 2018 15:20

raphph
Do what I did in london and take a carrier bag...If they have problems with the size I just tore a bit off it

Like your style. thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2018 15:22

dead.flowers
And, odean73, it will definitely help if your sister could bring a prescription or anything in writing about the medical items she needs to bring in with her.

Cheers

dead.flowers

Will do, thanks.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 16:19

odean73
raphph

My misses uses these bags that sort of fold up into themselves and then zip up closed to a size of less than a wallet. Could easily go in the back pocket.

And then once in you've got abundant bag space.

I'm not sure what the point of an empty big bag is though?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 25, 2018 16:38

sjs12
odean73
raphph

My misses uses these bags that sort of fold up into themselves and then zip up closed to a size of less than a wallet. Could easily go in the back pocket.

And then once in you've got abundant bag space.

I'm not sure what the point of an empty big bag is though?

I'm planning to wear my waterproof when I go in (no umbrellas, remember, and no bags big enough to put a coat in!) and carry a foldup bag big enough to keep it in once I'm inside. Fingers crossed that it stays in there all evening.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 25, 2018 16:49

a small, clear bag should work. think of it like the airport but with a smaller bag allowed.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 25, 2018 16:54

[www.eastpak.com]

This should pass the controls.
OK for a wallet, a power bank + cable, some kleenex, gums, or misc

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 25, 2018 16:59

A bag/luggage manufacturer should have made a partnership with the Stones in order to sell small, concert security compliant bags for men and women.

Get your 100% concert compatible Rolling Stones bag !
Would have been a must for the summer...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 18:07

Or this one:

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 25, 2018 18:24

Prerequesite for backstage access: winking smiley

[thecondombag.com]

Date: May 25, 2018 19:00

Thanks for all the advise.

My sister has received a message from the stadium, asking her to itemize the medical items and they will send her an official letter for security.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:01

I know from last year I couldn't bring a plastic bag with me into the stadium in Amsterdam. The crazy thing was that I just got the bag from the official merchandise stand, because I bought T-shirts etc outside the stadium before I went in.
I told the security guy this, but No, I was not allowed to bring the shirts into the stadium in a bag.
What I did was: I got the shirts out off the bag, walked true the security and than three meters ahead I put the stuff right into the bag again and that was ok.
Crazy, or what?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:06

I thought it meant ........ Don't take your mother in law

ROCKMAN

Date: May 26, 2018 02:11

Rockman
I thought it meant ........ Don't take your mother in law

That as well.smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:23

Heck in that case Lisa will have ta take Frank ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 2, 2018 07:49

GJV
I know from last year I couldn't bring a plastic bag with me into the stadium in Amsterdam. The crazy thing was that I just got the bag from the official merchandise stand, because I bought T-shirts etc outside the stadium before I went in.
I told the security guy this, but No, I was not allowed to bring the shirts into the stadium in a bag.
What I did was: I got the shirts out off the bag, walked true the security and than three meters ahead I put the stuff right into the bag again and that was ok.
Crazy, or what?

This is typical security theater that does nothing to make anything safer for anybody. I have a hoodie and a vest from a company in US called Scottevest. It has 21 pockets and if packed full I could bring a backpack and shit to fill it in the pockets.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 2, 2018 10:09

daspyknows

This is typical security theater that does nothing to make anything safer for anybody. I have a hoodie and a vest from a company in US called Scottevest. It has 21 pockets and if packed full I could bring a backpack and shit to fill it in the pockets.

Why only 21 pockets? I see a model with 26. At any rate, there's a guy doing a pat-down and then another guy waving a metal detector. At some stage you'd need to empty the pockets, and the people behind you will be thrilled (not).

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 2, 2018 11:12

there's a guy doing a pat-down and then another guy waving a metal detector. At some stage you'd need to empty the pockets, and the people behind you will be thrilled (not).

It'll be like when Max entered Barter Town...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2018 17:55

crholmstrom
a small, clear bag should work. think of it like the airport but with a smaller bag allowed.

That’s how they do it in the States.for concerts they use the NFL rule,purses and handbags must be within certain size limitations and be clear plastic.they have stands set up on the grounds where you can check your own bag in and buy a clear one.its a hassle but makes it easier for security to spot the person with the hand grenades.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 2, 2018 18:42

Leonioid
there's a guy doing a pat-down and then another guy waving a metal detector. At some stage you'd need to empty the pockets, and the people behind you will be thrilled (not).

Just empty your pockets before the security check, hold your keys, your purse, your smartphone and everything with metal etc. in your hands. You will wait only a few seconds to run into the stadium...

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 2, 2018 21:20

makes it easier for security to spot the person with the hand grenades...
and bananas grinning smiley

Is that a banana in your bag... or are you just happy to be here?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home