Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:51

Thanks smileys with beer
So glad for you you had a great show.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:57

Final observation, Ronnie was so on last night, playing all over the place , brilliant, Keith too, that's the difference, that's how Ronnie can play and compliment Keith when he gets his box of tricks right.
So when people keep saying he was great ( when he wasn't ) it's because they don't seem to notice he can do so much better, it's as though they don't know what he is capable of. Ronnie we are not worthy, you was incredible last night.

If Micks voice gets better we are all in for a big surprise because the boys are off the starting blocks on the B of the Bang this year, its going to get better than they have been since 2005.

Keith sober is making all the difference to him and to the band, its like a light has been turned on, Keith is the light, when he is on his game and in the mood the whole band become The Rolling Stones again, you can see Mick enjoying being up there more, confident that Keith won't let him down, love this band, can't wait for Cardiff then Twickenham, the boys should be on fire by then smiling smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 26, 2018 20:03

Believe me they are on fire now!

Date: May 26, 2018 20:13

keithsman

Fascinating seeing Keith instinctively covering for Micks voice problems, i've noticed this so many times before, Keith raising his game if Micks not 100%
Keith pulled off a great gig at The Desert Two for similar reasons, although i think Mick was ill that time, same again when they played Vegas, Keith singing three songs and playing really strong throughout.
Just wish Keith put that effort in every show.

Yes on Brown Sugar Shelter and Satisfaction Mick had some voice issues. He can be fine to the next show, though. From what I have heard it is voice overload at the end of the performance, because he was really working hard throughout the show.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 20:16

Rolling Stones review – satisfaction guaranteed from rock’s old stagers

From left: Ronnie Wood – ‘the Hogarth of Hounslow’, the ‘superhuman’ Mick Jagger, ‘hawk-like’ Charlie Watts and ‘piratical’ Keith Richards in action at the London Stadium. Photograph: Antonio Olmos for the Observer

(...)
"Everything feels so spectacularly unmoored these days. But some things are more impervious to the ravages of time and the disruptiveness of recent history than geography or architecture. As much as is humanly possible, the Rolling Stones are exactly what they used to be – scrawny Englishmen with a thing for the blues, capable of reproducing the foundation documents of rock music with guts and flair. You’d go see Bach if he were alive: this is the white guy guitar band equivalent."

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: May 26, 2018 20:41

jumpingjackflash5
keithsman

Fascinating seeing Keith instinctively covering for Micks voice problems, i've noticed this so many times before, Keith raising his game if Micks not 100%
Keith pulled off a great gig at The Desert Two for similar reasons, although i think Mick was ill that time, same again when they played Vegas, Keith singing three songs and playing really strong throughout.
Just wish Keith put that effort in every show.

Yes on Brown Sugar Shelter and Satisfaction Mick had some voice issues. He can be fine to the next show, though. From what I have heard it is voice overload at the end of the performance, because he was really working hard throughout the show.

Yes he was really stretching with his vocals while duetting with Florence and it just went at 4.20 mins into Wild Horses, after that Mick saved it as best he could being the professional that he is.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2018 20:49

It might be also slight viral infection, who knows. But I suppose he'll be fine.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2018 20:51

pgarof
Believe me they are on fire now!

From those who were at both London shows, seems the overall general consensus is London show #2 was superior despite any vocal issues Mick may have been having.
Even good old trustworthy and reliable Dean Goodman gave it the ultimate stamp of approval:

"With just three shows completed, it seem the Stones have shifted into top gear at a much earlier stage than on previous tours" along with "Keith didn't seem to fluff any of his intros".

High praise indeed - his full review here along with other rave reviews and some great pics: London show #2

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 26, 2018 21:03

Let me be the one who thinks the first show was better.
But that’s just to pick one. Both were great.

Date: May 26, 2018 21:12

BowieStone
Let me be the one who thinks the first show was better.
But that’s just to pick one. Both were great.

Did you think the audience was better last night, the applause after JJF put shivers up my spine, i can see why they still do this, that sort of energy and appreciation from a young audience is just incredible, its not just respect, they are actually still gaining new fans with these shows, people saying they were so impressed with London 1 that they went straight away to get tickets for London 2, this put a smile on my face so big you wouldn't believe it. smiling smiley

They are not filling Stadiums because of their reputation or past, they are selling out because they are still The Best Rock And Roll Band In The World.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 26, 2018 21:24

Definitely more drunk people yesterday. So partly because of that they were louder, I think.

Date: May 26, 2018 21:38

BowieStone
Definitely more drunk people yesterday. So partly because of that they were louder, I think.

In some way i've always thought these songs were written by Keith to be consumed drunk, stoned or both winking smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 26, 2018 22:30

They're still a very powerful band that can rock the house down when they feel inspired.

Miraculous.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 22:33

They were amazing ronnie on midnight rambler was so good too

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 26, 2018 22:36

There were old guys dancing in the isles, one old guy said his wife last saw them when she was 16, he had never seen them and was nearly in tears. He was so excited he shook my hand at end and was speechless

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:04

Mick had a dry voice on Brown Sugar, the kind ov voice I have heard a number of times, when the next show got cancelled, like in Melbourne and other places. Still, the encores worked fine, so may be he has got some miracle drug that works in just minutes. I am hoping he is fine for the next show in Souhampton on Tuesday.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:52

The pictures presented in the review section for this show are phenomenal.
[iorr.org]
(same link Hairball/ thanks)

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2018 01:43

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 15:48 by roller99.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2018 01:49

AMAZING photo, roller99! Thanks for sharing. smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2018 01:54

Got a free ticket to Pit B from a kind friend! My own Lucky Dips only pulled GC's.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2018 01:58

All these photos. In the old days you got a couple of them. If you were lucky! Now you get them in hundreds. I don't mind them. But after watching 30-40 of them I'm kind of satisfied.
But don't mind me. It was just a personal reflection...

Posted by: legin ()
Date: May 27, 2018 01:59

I agree with others that the pic's from the show in the reviews section are wonderful and convey the great time we all had..band and fans!..This Dartfordian went home very happy indeed!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 02:00 by legin.

Date: May 27, 2018 02:05

philrock90
They were amazing ronnie on midnight rambler was so good too

Anyone seen a link to Midnight Rambler ?, can't seem to find anything on youtube.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 27, 2018 02:16

For London 2, I was initially allocated a single distant nosebleed but collected my ticket in the company of friends - a family of 4 who got a pair of GAs and a pair of GCs. A sympathetic ticket office on seeing we were all together upgraded us all to GC and we were ecstatic. Once inside we grabbed an amazing spot tucked right into the corner on Keith’s side, next to the Pit. I recognised a good few faces in the Pit - Beast And Topi amongst them. I bumped into Beast and Flairville in the street at the end as the crowds dispersed. And to top it all off, we got THAT performance.

For me, best setlist of the tour so far. A warhorse it may be but It’s hard to beat JJF as a show opener. I have always loved LSTNT, it came out in 1967, 3 months before I did grinning smiley. Dead Flowers is a personal live 1st for me as was Fool to Cry on Tuesday. Keith changing his set every night is welcome change. He looks bright eyed and healthy and clearly enjoying himself a lot. Ronnie is playing the guitar of his life.

Mick’s little comedy routine was fun and topical. He came flying out of the traps rather fast and was mesmerising. Hopefully his faltering voice towards the end of the show was as a result of pacing himself poorly and he will rest up and be okay for Southampton on Tuesday.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 27, 2018 08:11

Hi everyone! Here are some of my videos:

Full JJF:
[youtu.be]

Midnight Rambler (part of it):
[youtu.be]
My favorite part is when Mick and Keith improvised "Come on in my Kitchen" at the middle of the song!!!!!

Part of Miss You, when I started to get worried about Mick's voice, but nothing bad I think:
[youtu.be]

Full Paint it Black:
[youtu.be]

Full Dead Flower:
[youtu.be]

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 08:11 by benstones.

Date: May 27, 2018 08:50

Thanks for the links to your videos benstones, amazing Rambler. Wow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 08:52 by keithsman.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 27, 2018 11:13

FULL Rambler

[youtu.be]

love the come on in my kitchen part and micks gesture to keith after that

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 27, 2018 11:25

Fun with Florence

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 27, 2018 11:28

ahahah great photos!

anyway, with a rambler like that no wonder people go back home happy and satisfied

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 11:30 by maumau.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 27, 2018 11:36

I'm really proud of the band...

But, hey, Mick maybe you shouldn't sing "falsetto" (as you did on "Fool to Cry"), until you feel your voice recovered 100%. I'm not singer, of course, but I think that "falsetto" burdens. Seriously, maybe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home