Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 26, 2018 10:57

dcba
roller99
I thought tonight's show paled in comparison to Tuesay's.

-The crowd around me was all teens.

Do you realize it's Mick's definition of a perfect gig. Young people, punters who go to a Stones gig for the very first time! That's what Mick works at so very hard.

yes that is probably why the crowd seems so lively also in the back. you gotta to be in good shape to keep up with mick, still smoking smiley

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 11:26

maumau
great again dnewton98 smiling smiley

(ICGN)S
[youtu.be]

BS
[youtu.be]

GS
[youtu.be]

SFTD
[youtu.be]

MY
[youtu.be]

YCAGWYW
[youtu.be]

DF
[youtu.be]

by Adammvideos

full (ICGN)S
[youtu.be]

by Jeff Galasso
PIB
[youtu.be]

JYF
[youtu.be]

by TheGigChannnel
SMU
[youtu.be]

H
[youtu.be]

TW
[youtu.be]

WH
[youtu.be]

TD
[youtu.be]

LSTNT
[youtu.be]

JJF
[youtu.be]

More going up now from me dnewton98 on Youtube, dnewton99 on here. I always think PIT has a worse sound in that location for any artist but I wouldn't trade that close up experience.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 26, 2018 11:31

More going up now from me dnewton98 on Youtube, dnewton99 on here. I always think PIT has a worse sound in that location for any artist but I wouldn't trade that close up experience.

I agree 100%
You've done a great job again, thanks!

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 26, 2018 12:05

maumau
dcba
roller99

Do you realize it's Mick's definition of a perfect gig. Young people, punters who go to a Stones gig for the very first time! That's what Mick works at so very hard.

yes that is probably why the crowd seems so lively also in the back. you gotta to be in good shape to keep up with mick, still smoking smiley

They would have to be in good shape to keep up with Keith...just watched him running down the catwalk during miss you..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 12:44

Just watched some videos of last night. Miss You was brilliant.

Date: May 26, 2018 13:02

sjs12
Just watched some videos of last night. Miss You was brilliant.
'

I thought alot of the songs were performed amazingly - maybe much more organically as opposed to rote.. the energy from Mick and band was so much fun

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 26, 2018 13:19

Had a fantastic time last night! Highlights for me were Midnight Rambler which had a slightly slower tempo that gave it a bluesier groove going and also Miss You was great, the best version I have heard them do live.

Can't wait for Twickenham now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 13:21 by Ket.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 26, 2018 13:20

I was in pit A on Tuesday and in pit B yesterday, and I loved both. I would rate them equally, both were fantastic shows. Very pleased with song selection on both days (I am one of the few who really like Dead Flowers). Can't wait for the next one!

Date: May 26, 2018 14:00

Wish I could go to all the UK & EU shows - but back to the USA I go tomorrow.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 26, 2018 14:22

dnewton99

Thank you for the video's, time and effort.

Have a safe journey home.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 14:43

Thought we might have seen Mick, down the cricket at Lords.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 26, 2018 14:46

undertheradar
maumau
dcba
roller99

They would have to be in good shape to keep up with Keith...just watched him running down the catwalk during miss you..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There was a baby in arms not far from me (in big ear protectors, of course). Lots of children too - a real all- age gig.

Date: May 26, 2018 14:59

Two great pics from BluzDude. Mick (Tuesday) and Keith (Friday):

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 12:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 26, 2018 15:00

undertheradar
dnewton99

Thank you for the video's, time and effort.

Have a safe journey home.

You are welcome... i like watching vids from my view... I started taking concert vids a number of years ago and got decent at filming on a pocket camera without watching thru camera. Blur of lights still makes me cranky when focus goes wrong on faces like Mick's..

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 15:14

London I was already excellent - but last night they took it a step further. Altough the opener was kind of expected in contrary to Street Fighting Man we soon got our fair chair of setlist variation. Starting with an excellent version of Let's Spend The Night Together with beautiful guitar playing by both Ronnie and Keith. Just Your Fool was great as always although I think it is time to play Hate To See You Go or another B&L song. Next was a mini Sticky Fingers section with Dead Flowers and Wild Horses. I would have loved to see some guitar riffage on Live With Me or Monkey Man but I have to say Dead Flowers was really well played and got a great reaction from the crowd. A highlight was of course an emotional duet on Wild Horses with Florence Welch. In contrast to the hideous Gwen Stefani, Florence knows how to use her strong voice to complement the song without being intrusive. A real class act.
Mick really gave everything during the first half of the set. Just listen to the last verses of LSTNT and DF, which he was singing higher than usually. This would lead to some minor problems with his voice later on, taking short cuts and relying more on Bernard (he backed up the verses of Satisfaction for example).
Loved the variation in Keith's set. Last year we got the same two every night, even in Paris. The "not really romantic" The Worst was beautiful and heartfelt and Happy was rocking. The band just always seems surprised when he's doing another chorus during the outro but they follow him quickly.
Sympathy was another highlight. Altough Keith may have hit a few more bum notes than at the first London show, he played his solos with more authority and enthusiasm which lead to some inspired playing. The homerun was very intense and energetic, everybody focused but still enjoying every second of it. I had the feeling the show was shorter than usual, surely they can get SFM in there, which would lift up the intensity of the homerun even more! At the end of Satisfaction I noticed Charlie struggling but that didn't hold him back from keeping up with the other guys. He's still pounding those drums as strongly as ever, the only noticeable deterioration in his playing is that he sometimes looses time during fills, but only quite seldom.
Something one could criticize are some of the tempi. IORR and Satisfaction are back to their normal speed but in my opinion BS, MR and JJF must be played faster. Keith often starts them a tad too slow and Charlie often tries to speed them up as soon as he comes in. The last section of MR is about as fast as the beginning once was! But yes, that is only a minor complaint and not many will notice, especially not during the show. As long as it's got a groove it doesn't bother me too much.
All in all an excellent show last night. I'd say as good as Paris II if it weren't for the absence of SFM in the homerun. But I'm really looking forward to the rest of the tour which I'm sure will include many incredible performances!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 26, 2018 15:48

Cristiano Radtke
For those who might want a soundtrack for their bathroom break, here it is. grinning smiley [www.instagram.com]

Hmmm... sounds pretty good for me, in fact (much) too good for a bathroom break!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 26, 2018 16:00

"Loved the variation in Keith´s set"...Yeah, that´s one way to put it...Coming down again...really worked fine...and Happy! How I´ve been longing for that song!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2018 16:20

Bluz Dude - nice shots! Thanks for posting, Dandy!

Last night seemed really good where I was, especially Rambler - a little something extra there for sure.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 26, 2018 17:37

ok jagger is off for the next show

listen to BS or Shelter

it's done, laryngite

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: May 26, 2018 18:15

AntoineParis

listen to BS or Shelter

it's done, laryngite

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com][/quot

Yes he doesn’t sound really good sad smiley(

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 26, 2018 18:50

jumpingjackflash5
Keith's riffs were strong on Sympathy [youtu.be] he almost "mirrored" Mick's singing smiling smiley

Thanks for the clip JJF5, Keith full of attitude, trying things out on Sympathy and doing more work than usual.

Looks like most people preferred London 2 but curiously not everyone, obviously depending on where you are sitting or standing makes for a different experience. One youtube clip shows Ronnie making a mess of his solo on Dead Flowers and another youtube clip shows him nailing it, so i have to put my hands up and apologize because as roller99 said, you do really need to be there at the show to make judgments and criticisms, but with the sound being so random at a Stadium gig its hard to make judgments even when you are there.
One would think in 2018 these sound problems should be ironed out by now, either that or Rock music was not intended for Stadiums.

Fascinating seeing Keith instinctively covering for Micks voice problems, i've noticed this so many times before, Keith raising his game if Micks not 100%
Keith pulled off a great gig at The Desert Two for similar reasons, although i think Mick was ill that time, same again when they played Vegas, Keith singing three songs and playing really strong throughout.
Just wish Keith put that effort in every show.

One final thought, i wonder if Mick puts so much emphasis on getting fit for these mini tours that maybe he runs that 75 year old body down a bit, could this make him prone to get laryngitis. He might be asking just a little bit much from his body, hope he takes it easy and rests for a few days now, leave the exercise alone for a bit.
Of all the people in the band to worry about it turns out Mick is becoming the week link, who would have thought that.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2018 18:53

AntoineParis

listen to BS or Shelter

it's done, laryngite

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Shhh! You know nothing of the sort.
He knows what to do.
Amber on the throat, ASL (American sign language) and whatever else secret Bond tricks at his disposal (not the Bond girls, rest Mick, rest)

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:00

Well what a night last night, the show was such a good one. I have seen them twice on every British tour since 1971 and I honestly cant say I have seen a better show.

The sound was perfectly balanced and full and the stadium was jam packed. All around me were young and middle aged people dancing and having a great time. One young guy said'this is special, you never know when it's the last time.

A couple of 20 odd year olds next to me came on Tuesday and were blown away so had to come back, one said this is better that real life, I need some catching up to do because I came into this music as they are coming to the end.

Every song was a massive buzz , sometimes in other shows I had thought I wish they did a different number here but not last night. It was full on energy from the first chord til the end.

Now when I watched a couple of homemade phone vids from the first two shows I did start to think hmmmm not as good as I'd hoped but it just goes to show you CAN'T rely on YouTube to get anywhere near one percent of a live show.

I was home by 2.30am totally exhausted, I'm now looking at availability of tickets for other shows.

The Rolling Stones I salute you, there never been anything else to touch what you have and still do.

Just on a finishing note I am so disappointed by a lot of posters on here criticising and pulling apart every song, and set list whining etc etc, I just don't get it. I

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:02

AntoineParis

listen to BS or Shelter

it's done, laryngite

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Hmmm yeah...something not quite right about that, and given his usual energetic dance/performance along with the wild singing some of the songs demand, seems maybe he's pushing the limit. Could be that three shows over an eight day period are asking too much, but pretty sure he'll recover for Southampton in a few days - probably getting throat massages and drinking expensive tea right now. While I'd hate to see Mick tone it down in order to survive the touring schedule, if we're realistic he's been toning it down with every tour for the last few decades. The 1,2,3 punch of these last three shows - where you know he's trying to give it his all - might be taking it's toll. At least he's not breathing in hot and dusty desert air ala desert trip, and a few days rest will hopefully be just what the Dr. ordered. thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:09

Just curious. May I ask where you saw the band live in 1971 ?

pgarof
Well what a night last night, the show was such a good one. I have seen them twice on every British tour since 1971 and I honestly cant say I have seen a better show.

The sound was perfectly balanced and full and the stadium was jam packed. All around me were young and middle aged people dancing and having a great time. One young guy said'this is special, you never know when it's the last time.

A couple of 20 odd year olds next to me came on Tuesday and were blown away so had to come back, one said this is better that real life, I need some catching up to do because I came into this music as they are coming to the end.

Every song was a massive buzz , sometimes in other shows I had thought I wish they did a different number here but not last night. It was full on energy from the first chord til the end.

Now when I watched a couple of homemade phone vids from the first two shows I did start to think hmmmm not as good as I'd hoped but it just goes to show you CAN'T rely on YouTube to get anywhere near one percent of a live show.

I was home by 2.30am totally exhausted, I'm now looking at availability of tickets for other shows.

The Rolling Stones I salute you, there never been anything else to touch what you have and still do.

Just on a finishing note I am so disappointed by a lot of posters on here criticising and pulling apart every song, and set list whining etc etc, I just don't get it. I

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 19:11 by powerage78.

Date: May 26, 2018 19:14

It was my very first gig at the chalk farm roundhouse in London, at the end of the show I remember Jagger twirling around throwing buckets of water over the crown a d buckets of red roses.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:20

thumbs up
Yesterday show was better than any Stones show you attend before ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 19:21 by powerage78.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:42

Hairball
AntoineParis

listen to BS or Shelter

it's done, laryngite

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Hmmm yeah...something not quite right about that, and given his usual energetic dance/performance along with the wild singing some of the songs demand, seems maybe he's pushing the limit. Could be that three shows over an eight day period are asking too much, but pretty sure he'll recover for Southampton in a few days - probably getting throat massages and drinking expensive tea right now. While I'd hate to see Mick tone it down in order to survive the touring schedule, if we're realistic he's been toning it down with every tour for the last few decades. The 1,2,3 punch of these last three shows - where you know he's trying to give it his all - might be taking it's toll. At least he's not breathing in hot and dusty desert air ala desert trip, and a few days rest will hopefully be just what the Dr. ordered. thumbs up

*I make the disclaimer I have not watched any of these videos, only short clips from FB that showed Mick in top form.
I only commented
‘SHHH’
because that negative speculation has no root.
And Hairball, let’s enjoy and party the ‘No Filter 2’

Date: May 26, 2018 19:47

I didn't say it was the best show I said I can't say I have seen a better show.maybe because I can't remember all those years ago but I can say I came out on such a high last night and was amazed at how good it was. Also I had a great view, I was seated to one side a d last time I was standing near the fron bit could only see the screens as everyone stood up and where taller that me. That spoiled it for me, it was Hyde park.

They have always been a buzz for me but this time it just felt a little bit more special, maybe other shows were better but last night was a blast , full on rock and roll at the highest level

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:51

dnewton99
maumau
great again dnewton98 smiling smiley

Thanks for recording and uploading your videos, dnewton99! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home