Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:28

Keith's two songs were The Worst and Happy.

Rolling Stones - London 25-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()

With Florence Welch:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: shattered ()

UKRod
Honky TONY Woman?? That's a new one!! The first transgender Rolling Stones song?

Reminds me of the spelling error on a Spinal Tap album. What was it...Clam Caravan and should be Calm Caravan?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:29

I think Mick's voice went (changed tone, became darker, broke up, went nasal) in the mid/late 90's. Since then he has to be very careful with his voice.
As Dandelion pointed out he sings better now but the voice is weak. Which has to do with age I guess.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:31

UKRod
Honky TONY Woman?? That's a new one!! The first transgender Rolling Stones song?

Certainly the first openly racist one!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:31

I don’t think his voice is ‘weak’ at all, and, uh, what’s the deal w/ Flo praying at the temple of Mick eye rolling smiley

Date: May 26, 2018 01:32

Stoneage
ThroughTheLonelyNights
Stoneage
ThroughTheLonelyNights
AntoineParis
No street FM ;(

[www.facebook.com]

I hope they didn´t get in trouble and skipped it because of the rebellious lyrics ;-) ...

SFM isn't really rebellious by now. It's about 1968. UMT on the other hand is rebellious. It goes against PC or #Metoo. Like some of the other songs in the setlist.
One has to take in that 1965-1972 was a different period in so many ways compared to 2018.

I think Street Fighting Man is one of their few rebellious songs and highly up-to-date - Under my thumb is nothing more than just sexist but not rebellious (anyway besides the lyrics I like the song)

Okey. We don't agree there then. SFM is about the student revolts in Paris in 1968. A historical footnote by now. Being sexist on the other hand, like in UMT, is about the most rebellious you can be today in Western society.

Topic is too complex to discuss here, unfortunately - as it would ruin this thread - but interresting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 01:33 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:32

He also has to be careful with his voice because he's ALMOST SEVENTY FIVE YEARS OLD.

It's remarkable he can do what he can at his age.

Date: May 26, 2018 01:33

keefriff99
He also has to be careful with his voice because he's ALMOST SEVENTY FIVE YEARS OLD.

I think Flo forgot his age...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:34

Cristiano Radtke
tattooyou
I’m just home from the show - definitely no Slipping Away!

Thank you, tattooyou! smileys with beer

True. It was played on London #1 - that is where that clip is from. Anyway - great gig it seems.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:35

Okey TTLN. Fine with me. Take care.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:37

Gazza
UKRod

Certainly the first openly racist one!

Country Tony will have a word or two...

Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates w
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:38

It was an incredible show!!!! Keith was fantastic and Mick owned the show. First time Mick has this tone... much more Bluesy than usually. During Midnight Rambler he sang a few words of Robert Johnson’s song: Come on in my kitchen (it gave me goosebumps).
The band was so tight tonight. Everyone had a blast. I’ve seen them since my 8 years old and never missed a tour and there is one thing I can’t understand: the logic would say that after the years, you get older, you get tired, but what I saw tonight is a band getting better and better, with more energy. Keith was so so good tonight, so concentrated on his guitar. I mean, I saw them in Werchter 2007!!!! When Keith couldn’t play!!! Mick and Keith have 75 years old now!
Speechless. Can’t get tired of them. They geniuses.

Benjamin.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()

35love
keefriff99

So did Noor Alfallah, allegedly.

BOOM!

Posted by: Hairball ()

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
schwonek
Hairball
tattooyou
The Worst and Happy were played tonight.

Hope you're right about that for Happy's sake, but all other setlists have mentioned Before the Make Me Run...the mystery continues...

I think we heard Slipping away ...

We did? I didn't hear a thing from Keith's set..

The setlist posted here reflects the same as the instagram photo setlist you posted...
setlist

Yup, we did: [iorr.org]

And schwonek is right, the caption on that Instagram video says:

"The Stones are performing right now for their 2nd London date. This is Keith singing. Always loved that song (don’t ask me the title, bad music memory I have)"

So either the setlist posted by the Stones is wrong on this part, or the guy who posted the video was kidding.

Or the guy who posted the video used one from the other night thinking maybe it would have been the same as tonight - either way looks like he was wrong!

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:40

just got back. Very good show, enjoyed it, but preferred London 1 (even that I had Gold circle this time instead of GA, the first show was better for me at least).
Florence & the machine as a warm up was excellent, and also very good on Wild horses.
Everyone was good, had impression that Jagger had an issue with the voice from Brown sugar onwards (or SMU). But overall, very good during the whole show as usual.
The crowd was very into the show,
Another thing - for those who will see them on the other shows - Gold circle is much smaller that in Europe last year, so very close to the stage.
more later

Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates w
Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:42

benstones
It was an incredible show!!!! Keith was fantastic and Mick owned the show. First time Mick has this tone... much more Bluesy than usually. During Midnight Rambler he sang a few words of Robert Johnson’s song: Come on in my kitchen (it gave me goosebumps).
The band was so tight tonight. Everyone had a blast. I’ve seen them since my 8 years old and never missed a tour and there is one thing I can’t understand: the logic would say that after the years, you get older, you get tired, but what I saw tonight is a band getting better and better, with more energy. Keith was so so good tonight, so concentrated on his guitar. I mean, I saw them in Werchter 2007!!!! When Keith couldn’t play!!! Mick and Keith have 75 years old now!
Speechless. Can’t get tired of them. They geniuses.
Fully agree, saw them in Werchter as well ;-)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:44

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
schwonek
Hairball
tattooyou

Hope you're right about that for Happy's sake, but all other setlists have mentioned Before the Make Me Run...the mystery continues...

The setlist posted here reflects the same as the instagram photo setlist you posted...
setlist

"The Stones are performing right now for their 2nd London date. This is Keith singing. Always loved that song (don’t ask me the title, bad music memory I have)"

So either the setlist posted by the Stones is wrong on this part, or the guy who posted the video was kidding.

Or the guy who posted the video used one from the other night thinking maybe it would have been the same as tonight - either way looks like he was wrong!

Yes, maybe it could be, but he was completely wrong, anyway.

This is what happens when we have next to zero live streamings or infos. grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:46

Hairball

When I think about it: Really, Slipping Away sounds a little like The Worst if you didn't know the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:46

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
schwonek
Hairball
tattooyou

setlist

Yes, maybe it could be, but he was completely wrong, anyway.

This is what happens when we have next to zero live streamings or infos. grinning smiley

It was The Worst and Happy.
I know cos I was there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:48

Happy to hear that Happy was played!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:49

johnypar
just got back. Very good show, enjoyed it, but preferred London 1 (even that I had Gold circle this time instead of GA, the first show was better for me at least).
Florence & the machine as a warm up was excellent, and also very good on Wild horses.
Everyone was good, had impression that Jagger had an issue with the voice from Brown sugar onwards (or SMU). But overall, very good during the whole show as usual.
The crowd was very into the show,
Another thing - for those who will see them on the other shows - Gold circle is much smaller that in Europe last year, so very close to the stage.
more later

Thanks for the info regarding the Gold circle, can't wait for next saturday.

Date: May 26, 2018 01:53

keefriff99
35love
keefriff99

So did Noor Alfallah, allegedly.

BOOM!

Ah. Well, I have a steady guy.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:15

Was Florence the one who guested on a song on a US Stones tour and she paid so much attention to Mick that he had to admonish her by whispering something like, "Play to the audience, not to me!"

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:27

chatoyancy
Was Florence the one who guested on a song on a US Stones tour and she paid so much attention to Mick that he had to admonish her by whispering something like, "Play to the audience, not to me!"

London O2, 2012
:-)

Benjamin.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:30

This photo is great!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:31

Just Your Fool
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:43

Really good show and everybody obviously having a blast. They hit ths stage at a out 8.20 with a short but effective JJF (that triple chord after Gas Gas Gas gets me every time. When they only played one of the blues numbers I hoped they were giving themselves time to fit something extra in, but in fact they finished around 10.20 and never played SFM at all. Grrr. But that and Ronnie's spectacularly ugly T shirt were the only complaints.

Keith playing strong and clear, and a marvellous Rambler. Glad they had Florence
on Wild Horses not Shelter - she doesn't seem to be able to sing at less than full blast, and Shelter when it came was really good without her.

Stadium full except for a few seats in the section next to me (maybe kept for LDs that weren't sold?).

Such a pity no signal i the stadium.

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:48

Damn... i was at the first show. This was the better one and i missed it...

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: May 26, 2018 02:50

benstones
chatoyancy

London O2, 2012
:-)

Thanks for info. I found this video of Florence doing Gimme Shelter with the Stones (actually with Mick) ... [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home