Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: London Stadium #2 UK 25-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 28, 2018 12:06

Silver Dagger, thanks for your superb capturing of "Midnight Rambler"!

Yeah, that was a hot version! They generally can't do much wrong with this number, it's one of those rare numbers that has never been "Vegazised", but still I think it has slightly suffered a bit from being a war horse for so long. But after the special Taylor versions (which, while being wonderful, a bit suffered for being so clearly a Taylor showcase), this is the best version for some time I've seen. The number always stands or falls with Keith (actually never falls but it differs from night to night due to Keith's mood), but this time especially Wood's fast and aggressive solos stand out - shit, especially the last one is something not typical at all for him or the Stones. Hard kick assing rock stuff. That kind of surprise is something I always welcome! And yeah, that little piece of Robert Johnson by Jagger another little detail making this version special.

Another little observation concerning the other clips I checked out - if the faster rockers tend to be slower and slower, the slower songs tend to be faster and faster... (check "Dead Flowers" and "Wild Horses") - will this lead some day to every tune played by the same tempo....grinning smiley

That said, that duet by Florence and Mick is simply a touching one... They both look and sound so good... (though Mick's voice breaks down in that "and tears must be cried" line, after which it is a question of pure professionalism for him to finish the song - and probably the whole concert).

I hope anyone having entered the concert won't be offended with my remarks based solely on the evidence of youtube. Thank you.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 12:44 by Doxa.

Date: May 28, 2018 12:11

Doxa

Yeah, that was a hot version! They generally can't do much wrong with this number, it's one of those rare numbers that has never been "Vegazised", but still I think it has slightly suffered a bit from being a war horse for so long. But after the special Taylor versions (which, while being wonderful, a bit suffered for being so clearly a Taylor showcase), this is the best version for some time I've seen. The number always stands or falls with Keith (actually never falls but the it differs from night to night), but this time especially Wood's fast and aggressive solos stand out - shit, especially the last one is something not typical at all for him or the Stones. Hard kick assing rock stuff. That kind of surprise is something I always welcome! And yeah, that little piece of Robert Johnson by Jagger another little detail making this version special.

Another little observation concerning the other clips I checked out - if the faster rockers tend to be slower and slower, the slower songs tend to be faster and faster... (check "Dead Flowers" and "Wild Horses") - will this lead some day to every tune played by the same tempo....grinning smiley

That said, that duet by Florence and Mick is simply a touching one... They both look and sound so good... (though Mick's voice breaks down in that "and tears must be cried" line, after which it is a question of pure professionalism for him to finish the song - and probably the whole concert).

I hope anyone having entered the concert won't be offended with my remarks based solely on the evidence of youtube. Thank you.

- Doxa

grinning smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 28, 2018 12:30

Silver Dagger
Here's my video of Midnight Rambler. This song has become an organic beast - growing nightly. Tuesday night was brilliant but they pushed it even further on Friday with Mick ad-libbing Come On In My Kitchen. It's a thing of beauty. Watch it and marvel.

Fantastic version. Cheers for posting!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 28, 2018 13:44

Another great video of MR, similar perspective

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 28, 2018 14:32

Doxa

Yeah, that was a hot version!

Well, you've got me watching a youtube video, and I don't regret it!
It is fascinating to see Ronnie taking the song in another direction. Unexpected surprises
like these are one of the reasons why even those who think they've seen it all, are still
coming to the shows after all these years.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Rolling Stones - London 25-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 28, 2018 17:21

Thank you to @flo_tweet for an amazing set and beautiful performance on Wild Horses! #StonesNoFilter

[twitter.com]

Rolling Stones - London 25-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 28, 2018 17:24

Wild Horses couldn’t drag me away... #stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:10

Jumping Jack Flash close up with Mick and Keith.

The smile from Keith at 1.10 mins and Mick at 4.13 says it all, the boys are still weaving their magic and enjoying every moment of it.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 21:18 by keithsman.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:03

yes Rambler is very good !

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 29, 2018 20:42

Florence rehearsing Wild Horses on backstage, before the Stones concert. [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:05

An amazing pic taken in one of the London concerts.

[www.instagram.com]

Date: June 1, 2018 22:24

Omg that rambler is beyond brilliant

Date: June 1, 2018 22:27

Haha around 6 min mick says shut up ronnie

Posted by: MarekM ()
Date: June 1, 2018 23:43

Haven`t seen here link to full concert video:

YouTube

The Glimmer Stone smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home