Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 30
Re: London Stadium show-1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:16

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Silver Dagger
Have they ever opened with Street Fighting Man before?
lots of times. i think all the arena gigs on the licks tour.

HBO PPV New York MSG January '03 comes to my mind...

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:20

gotdablouse
Found a cool FTC video with good sound here [www.youtube.com] but it was rotated so I fixed that and reuploaded it with due credit : [youtu.be]

Nice version, thanks

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:20

bye bye johnny
IanBillen
redkev
Fool To Cry was sublime and delighted that UMT won the vote. They kept the arrangement quite close to the original and even though its was massively different from the Still Life version it was still brilliant.

Fool to Cry was not played on the 81 (/82) tour .. Nor is it on the record 'Still Life'?

Jus noting that.

Note that "Under My Thumb" was played in '81/'82 and is on 'Still Life'. ; )

Thanks. Yes I was talking about UMT although I can understand why Ian thought I was talking about FTC. I didn't word it very well - I put it down to being a bit worse for wear after the gig smiling smiley

Still buzzing today about just how good they were - am hoping it was recorded and will be released at some stage. Yes there were a few clangers but the set flow was brilliant, the choice of SFM as opener was inspired and the energy amongst the band and crowd was something very special.

I went with a friend who is not particularly a Stones fan but she was blown away and said it was one of the best gigs she had ever been to (high praise as she has been to loads over the years).

Its unfortunate that some people seem more interested in pointing out the mistakes and flaws in their performance than enjoying a band who, whilst long past their peak, still entertain like no other. Enjoy them while they're still doing this - its hard to imagine a world post Stones but its getting closer and anytime soon really could be the last time.

Rolling Stones 22-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:30

Samir Hussein/Redferns

Posted by: Bjorn ()

Well...it sure ain´t 1982 anymore...I wouldn´t listen to this if they threw the bootleg after me...and I got paid...awful versions...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

dnewton99
mine are going up here.. slowly [www.youtube.com]

Thanks, just watched FTC, very nice ! Good of you to say what you used to film, practically no one does that for some reason. That DMC-ZS50's got pretty decent sound (a tad trebbly possibly) continuing the long tradition of quality mics on the Panasonic cameras (can speak from my TZ-7 and 3D1) with very little distortion. Actually I can't hear any on your recordings.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Rolling Stones 22-May-2018
Date: May 23, 2018 16:34

Dylan Martinez/Reuters

Date: May 23, 2018 16:39

Bjorn
Well...it sure ain´t 1982 anymore...I wouldn´t listen to this if they threw the bootleg after me...and I got paid...awful versions...

Out of curiosity, what did you find awful about Street Fighting Man, Ride 'Em On Down, Under My Thumb, Fool To Cry or Sympathy For The Devil?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:39

DandelionPowderman
Finnstone
After the show did it take long to get back onto public transport(tube from Stratford I guess) and into central London. Am coming on Friday.

Not too bad, but prepare to get squashed on the tube smiling smiley

I got the circle line to Paddington this morning at 8.30 and the squash was nearly as bad as last night. For Londoners it's an everyday ocurrence and they just tolerate it.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:51

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
Finnstone
After the show did it take long to get back onto public transport(tube from Stratford I guess) and into central London. Am coming on Friday.

I got the circle line to Paddington this morning at 8.30 and the squash was nearly as bad as last night. For Londoners it's an everyday ocurrence and they just tolerate it.
Walked to the back of ga for satisfaction then a very quick walk to the tube, was back at Regent’s Park on jubilee line for 1130. Two friends I was with waited til end of satisfaction and took an hour to get on a tube. It’s a single, if wide, fairly indirect route back to station with lots of stewards and sign posting. In summary, I’ve seen worse.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:56

yorkshirestone
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
Finnstone

Walked to the back of ga for satisfaction then a very quick walk to the tube, was back at Regent’s Park on jubilee line for 1130. Two friends I was with waited til end of satisfaction and took an hour to get on a tube. It’s a single, if wide, fairly indirect route back to station with lots of stewards and sign posting. In summary, I’ve seen worse.

So have I. And not so far away. Wembley. The new stadium has more than 10,000 extra seats and still has to manage on the same transport insfrastructure as the old stadium.

But you know what to expect the minute you buy a ticket for an event there and it's all part of the day and experience.

Rolling Stones - London 22-May-2018
Date: May 23, 2018 17:19

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:30

Took us around 45 minutes to reach Stratford Station. Big crowd, slow moving, usual situation. We took a shortcut down some steps to the right which are just before the merch stands when you're walking away from the stadium. We came out just near the car park entrance. Not sure if we saved much time but it felt like we made up time as there were less people on the steps route and everyone was walking at a brisk pace. Worth considering if you need to run for your last train.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:34

Great night. Highlights were opening with SFM, those riffs sounded satisfying.
Fool To Cry was a nice surprise, never thought I'd see anything of Black and Blue in the set. Slipping Away was great, especially as the Moon was out in the sky.

I think they should drop Midnight Rambler though. Although it's a good one to get the crowd going, it's far too long and they've done it so many times considering it's not a Hit song.
I was in the general standing area, about 10 rows from the barrier. How much was the gold circle or the seats at the side?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:42

keithsman
Is it just me but the show the other night in Dublin and now again tonight, Charlies drums sound very weak to me.
Sorry to say but they need a new drummer.
I love you Charlie but it's time to call it a day.

Sounds like you need to get your hearing tested for starters.What a lot of old tosh!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:02

DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Fool to Cry is the weak link of the show imo, and in the video posted seemed like a buzz kill for a majority of the crowd.
Almost would prefer the more up-tempo Emotional Rescue w/falsetto (God forbid), but nah....at least Fool has a cool '70's groove going for it.

It was a highlight, and people went crazy when Mick stopped singing and towards the ending, as we also can hear in the YT-video..

I guess that depends if you like the song in the first place.
Not one of my favorites by a long shot, and probably the weakest track on Black and Blue IMO.

Date: May 23, 2018 18:06

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Fool to Cry is the weak link of the show imo, and in the video posted seemed like a buzz kill for a majority of the crowd.
Almost would prefer the more up-tempo Emotional Rescue w/falsetto (God forbid), but nah....at least Fool has a cool '70's groove going for it.

It was a highlight, and people went crazy when Mick stopped singing and towards the ending, as we also can hear in the YT-video..

Not one of my favorites by a long shot, and probably the weakest track on Black and Blue IMO.

I meant that the audience loved the version they played yesterday. People were ecstatic.

Date: May 23, 2018 18:16

DandelionPowderman
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball

I meant that the audience loved the version they played yesterday. People were ecstatic.

I understand what you meant, and probably the video I watched didn't give the full impression of the entire audience reaction ( the one I watched showed several people standing w/arms crossed looking a bit emotionless).
But as a personal preference, I thought it was the weak link of the show, and there were probably others who felt the same. Not everybody LOVES Fool to Cry, and there's a good chance that many casual fans don't even know it. Other than that small bump in the road, overall the show looked and sounded like a fantastic show especially opening with SFM- but my opinion is simply based on youtube video and reviews I've read.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:19

What a great solo by Wayne Perkins on the studio version.
Love this song, Till The Next Goobye also by the way...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 18:27 by powerage78.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:27

Here is a much closer SFM

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:29

stargroover
keithsman
Is it just me but the show the other night in Dublin and now again tonight, Charlies drums sound very weak to me.
Sorry to say but they need a new drummer.
I love you Charlie but it's time to call it a day.

Sounds like you need to get your hearing tested for starters.What a lot of old tosh!
The criticism should be motivated, I have already asked several times, where Charlie was wrong and I had no answer, so I still do not understand this criticism.
When Keth was criticized in some concerts it was because of his mistakes, but I did not notice Charlie's mistakes.

Date: May 23, 2018 18:39

powerage78

The guitar solo is the saving grace and highlight on the studio version of Fool to Cry, and yes Till the Next Time is a fantastic song.
And even though there's similarities between the two, it's really the superior percursor to Fool. Maybe/hopefully they'll slip it into an upcoming setlist in place of Fool - more surprises are always nice. thumbs up

Date: May 23, 2018 18:54

powerage78

Which song are you talking about? smiling smiley

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:56

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball

I understand what you meant, and probably the video I watched didn't give the full impression of the entire audience reaction ( the one I watched showed several people standing w/arms crossed looking a bit emotionless).
But as a personal preference, I thought it was the weak link of the show, and there were probably others who felt the same. Not everybody LOVES Fool to Cry, and there's a good chance that many casual fans don't even know it. Other than that small bump in the road, overall the show looked and sounded like a fantastic show especially opening with SFM- but my opinion is simply based on youtube video and reviews I've read.

It didn't depend on how much you liked the song in the first place.
It depended on whether you were there, enjoying the live experience.

I was formerly on the 'don't care much for this song' side,
But that beautiful mind-blowing performance would be enough to covert anyone.
As DP says, it was a highlight, and as I said in an earlier post, you just had to be there to know what we mean. And luckily I was

Date: May 23, 2018 18:56

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball

Yeah, I was there, Hairball. I'll let others confirm it instead.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:58

Date: May 23, 2018 19:05

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 19:19

Fool to cry, why ?

DandelionPowderman
powerage78

Which song are you talking about? smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: May 23, 2018 19:19

Here's some bits of IORR, also on a pro-shot video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 23, 2018 19:31

dnewton99, great videos, thanks!

The band sounds great.

bjorn, if you are judging the music from the videos, please remember that there is absolutely not bottom (bass and drums) in these videos, it's all top end from these small recording mics.

Live, one of the first things that became apparent to me was Darryl Jones' powerful bass and Charlie's mic'ed bass drum.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home