Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30
Re: London Stadium show-1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:12

Gildan tees are usually of a good quality.

Mind you, they should be for 35£

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:13

bv
About the London curfew at 10:30pm...

There was always a 10:30pm curfew when The Rolling Stones used to performe at Webmley Stadium. Twelve times in total since 1982. Every show used to start 8:25pm and finished 10:30pm sharp in time for the curfew. I think may be one time they did an extra minute or two, with the result a big fine. Also, I do believe the police pulled the (power) plug on some major act some years ago at Hyde Park, when they tyried to break the curfew.

Even if we do love rock music, others who live in a big city might have their own life. If there were no limits then there would be music and noise for them all night, and the more late hours people drink, the less sleep the locals will get. I don't mind heading home at 10:30, as long as they have been performing a great show for a couple of hours.

Also, keep in mind the fact that it isn't the actual show that is the problem, but all the stuff that hapens after the show is over at 10:30. First everyone of the 70,000 or so people will leave, with noise. Then the trucks will work and get the equipment out of the stadium. It will take hours, probably most of the night. Imagine you had a large stadium on your doorstep, then I am sure you would be happy about having a reasonable curfew.

I have heard that the Stones might be on stage at 8pm or 8.15pm.

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:23

rebelrebel
BowieStone
Every category is sold out according to axs. Somebody ordered a lot of tickets in every category in the past 12 hours.

Yep, amazing. They still had availability this morning though Pit has been unavailable for a few days now after being freely available for many weeks.

If you click on the tickets page on the Stones website it says Box Office only. I highly doubt it's sold out. All remaining tickets for tonight will be on sale at the box office only.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:31

Finnstone
rebelrebel
BowieStone
Every category is sold out according to axs. Somebody ordered a lot of tickets in every category in the past 12 hours.

Yep, amazing. They still had availability this morning though Pit has been unavailable for a few days now after being freely available for many weeks.

If you click on the tickets page on the Stones website it says Box Office only. I highly doubt it's sold out. All remaining tickets for tonight will be on sale at the box office only.

well, if you click on 'box office' you'll be redirected to the 'every category sold out page'.

Date: May 22, 2018 16:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 16:36 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:40

thecitadel

I have heard that the Stones might be on stage at 8pm or 8.15pm.

Don't be late! After 8pm show day there is only one place to be ... where you want to see the show! Personally I try to be in my position one hour before they go on stage, just to be on the safe side...

Bjornulf

Date: May 22, 2018 16:47

Personally I don't mind curfew 10:30pm because I can't party all night long two times per week for two months every year.

This is also a great preparation for retirement, because then you get supper at 5pm and your pills at 6pm and they turn off the lights in your rrom soon after.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:47

Instagram

An instagram pic from inside the stadium

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:48

bv
Personally I don't mind curfew 10:30pm because I can't party all night long two times per week for two months every year.

This is also a great preparation for retirement, because then you get supper at 5pm and your pills at 6pm and they turn off the lights in your rrom soon after.

but BV, if you've been tailgating at all, you gotta time that last bathroom break perfectly to just before they come out, so none of the show is missed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 16:49 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:57

The Cow at Stratford International is already rammed with Stones fans, playing Stones music !Got my t-shirt, got my beer,IORR !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:06

BowieStone
Finnstone
rebelrebel
BowieStone

well, if you click on 'box office' you'll be redirected to the 'every category sold out page'.

I don't believe there r no tix avail at box office

plexi

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:08

Could you guys post the photo of official t-shirt / lito for this concert?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:10

Date: May 22, 2018 17:16

Looking great.

That golden circle is a lot smaller than in Europe last year.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:26

London Yellow Silk Screen Poster:

"This silk screened poster takes a simple approach at reworking the No Filter Tour graphics. Uniquely, the concept was conceived by the designer of the tour's artwork, Mark Norton. Norton has worked on many projects for the Stones, including Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge."

[Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

London T-Shirt:

[Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:28

Still on in the air. Landing at Gatwick 16:00. Hotel in Sussex Gardens, then of to London Stadium. Just hope I'll make it. Tell them to wait for me.
All the Best!

Date: May 22, 2018 17:30

timbernardis
BowieStone
Finnstone
rebelrebel
BowieStone

plexi

There will be tix available at box office. It's not sold out at all.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:38

BowieStone
timbernardis
BowieStone
Finnstone
rebelrebel
BowieStone

plexi

There will be tix available at box office. It's not sold out at all.

based on what?

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:39

My favourite band and football club! Enjoy the show everybody smileys with beer

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.rs]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:42

gagiwh

amen to that. COYI

Date: May 22, 2018 17:47

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:50

[Twitter.com] · Large picture[/

Adrian-L
Ronnierocks
They also do this for most shows at a The 02 Arena.
Perhaps it's someone's job at London Underground.

it's a London Transport thing that started in the wake of the 7/7 terrorist atrocities on the network.

Maybe it's Ronnie - when he's not painting setlists he's cleverly scribbling on Underground service information boards. smiling smiley

This is exciting! Bringing it all back home....the Stones are back in London!!!
Have a great time everyone!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:57

Hope everyone attending has a great time. And doubly hoping we’ll get some decent streams to keep those of us who cannot attend entertained!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 22, 2018 18:00

gagiwh

Keep your hammers crossed!

Right club, wrong stadium...
West Ham should have stayed at Upton Park.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 22, 2018 18:14

bv
About the London curfew at 10:30pm...

There was always a 10:30pm curfew when The Rolling Stones used to performe at Webmley Stadium. Twelve times in total since 1982. Every show used to start 8:25pm and finished 10:30pm sharp in time for the curfew. I think may be one time they did an extra minute or two, with the result a big fine. Also, I do believe the police pulled the (power) plug on some major act some years ago at Hyde Park, when they tyried to break the curfew.

Even if we do love rock music, others who live in a big city might have their own life. If there were no limits then there would be music and noise for them all night, and the more late hours people drink, the less sleep the locals will get. I don't mind heading home at 10:30, as long as they have been performing a great show for a couple of hours.

Also, keep in mind the fact that it isn't the actual show that is the problem, but all the stuff that hapens after the show is over at 10:30. First everyone of the 70,000 or so people will leave, with noise. Then the trucks will work and get the equipment out of the stadium. It will take hours, probably most of the night. Imagine you had a large stadium on your doorstep, then I am sure you would be happy about having a reasonable curfew.

they pulled the plug on bruce springsteen (& guest paul mccartney)!

Date: May 22, 2018 18:24

HalfNanker
bv

but BV, if you've been tailgating at all, you gotta time that last bathroom break perfectly to just before they come out, so none of the show is missed

No time for tailgating. In places like Hyde Park and Havana I was in the queue before noon and did not have any breaks until after the show was over. If you want to be at a good position like on the rail then you need to time eating and drinking way ahead of the show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 22, 2018 18:46

Have a great time everyone!

Date: May 22, 2018 19:04

Picture by Brian Rasic - [www.Instagram.com]

Date: May 22, 2018 19:09

Tumbling Dice - soundcheck: [www.instagram.com]

Date: May 22, 2018 19:17

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home