Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30
Re: London Stadium show-1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 25, 2018 10:12

HomerSimpson
stonehearted
roller99
Anyone who was not present at this show has no place being in this thread.

That right there is just about the most offensive, antagonizing thing I've ever read on this forum.

People so full of themselves they feel entitled to elevate themselves above other fans.

Because of the price of a concert ticket.

The fan police.

Some people think they own the Stones.

"But, he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarettes as me..."

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Yes totally agree, i also think that some posters are trying to sway our moderator into turning this discussion based part of iorr (tell me ) into a cheerleading force by encouraging deletion and banning of any comments that are not supportive of these live shows..

Discussions need differing opinions to survive and stay interesting, if we just praise the Stones constantly no matter what it becomes very one sided and unrealistic, well false for want of a better word.
Plenty of mistakes and poor playing in the London performance, that show was not above criticism imho.
After reading the amazing comments about keith's performance i expected to watch him play brilliantly, so was aghast then he had bum notes all over the place.
Don't tell be he didn't mess up HTW and Satisfaction, don't tell me it only appears that way on youtube and if you were there he played great because i only have to see Jaggers reaction to know those mistakes were as bad as you can get.

I'm getting this attitude all the time that because they are old its out of order to criticize, and that's a fair point, but on the other hand if they are going to charge so much money for tickets they are going to be judged on their performance and delivery in a harsh way, for that money they are expected to deliver the goods professionally.
I see Mick delivering those goods, he does what it says on the can, but can that be said for the other members ? not yet , there is definitely room for improvement from Keith , Ronnie and Charlie.

Re: London Stadium #1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 25, 2018 11:22

I have a great photo of Mick that I took this show, but have no idea how to post it

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 25, 2018 11:34

BluzDude
I have a great photo of Mick that I took this show, but have no idea how to post it

You have to upload it on some public website on the internet and then you can link it here using the "Insert Image URL" tool (the icon with a mountain and sun)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-25 11:46 by maumau.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 25, 2018 11:52

Here's my full 118 photos from London night 1

[flic.kr]

Date: May 25, 2018 11:56

BluzDude

Send it to me, Allan. I'll post it for you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:00

raphph

[flic.kr]

Wow just like the others you previously posted, these are incredible pics raphph - all of them!!! thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2018 12:03

Hairball
raphph

[flic.kr]

Wow just like the others you previously posted, these are incredible pics raphph - all of them!!! thumbs up

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:06

Hairball
raphph

[flic.kr]

Fantastic pics indeed, an absolute must collection!

Date: May 25, 2018 12:10

Hairball
raphph

[flic.kr]

Thanks very much!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:19

Hairball
raphph

[flic.kr]

I remember seeing the photos you took last year in Paris, and they were all great, but this year's photos are even better. Congratulations, especially for this one:

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:23

Hairball
raphph

[flic.kr]

Another thanks for you.... Great shots thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2018 12:29

You are all too kind! Am glad everyone else can enjoy them!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:48

stonehearted
roller99

That right there is just about the most offensive, antagonizing thing I've ever read on this forum.

People so full of themselves they feel entitled to elevate themselves above other fans.

The fan police.

Full of myself? Elevating myself? Rubbish. You cannot experience the nuances of a show though a YouTube clip. When you're up front, you can hear the band playing through their amps, before it gets to the PA. Darryl asked me if I could hear this exact thing. So people up front have a much different experience than those further back. Critiquing a performance shot with a phone is like reviewing a car without having driven it. Sour grapes....

Date: May 25, 2018 12:52

stonehearted
roller99

The fan police.

Why thank you, I'll wear that comment proudly, even though it's totally misinformed and dripping with jealousy.

Date: May 25, 2018 13:07

raphph

[flic.kr]

oh my these are fabolous!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:24

maumau
I am asking: what if, for a long time, ALL you can think of your partner is how good, fun and smart she was 30 years ago?

It is time to let go and separate.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:29

raphph

[flic.kr]

Wow! Awesome. Great shots raphph!

Date: May 25, 2018 13:35

schwonek
maumau
I am asking: what if, for a long time, ALL you can think of your partner is how good, fun and smart she was 30 years ago?

Exactly

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:49

Late, but:
Under My Thumb
[youtu.be]
Fool To Cry
[youtu.be]
Slipping Away
[youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter
[youtu.be]

Also posted at HOT STUFF - [iorr.org]

All the Best!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 25, 2018 14:01

schwonek
maumau

What does that mean? I dont go to their concerts but I love their earlier work, their masterpieces. Am I supposed to leave iorr.org because of that?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 25, 2018 14:47

Redhotcarpet
schwonek
maumau

What does that mean?

It is a question of faith. So very personal. Your decision.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 14:59

Thanks eye popping smileythumbs up

raphph

[flic.kr]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: May 25, 2018 15:22

powerage78

raphph

[flic.kr]

winking smiley

Date: May 25, 2018 15:29

roller99
stonehearted
roller99

The fan police.

Full of myself? Elevating myself? Rubbish. You cannot experience the nuances of a show though a YouTube clip. When you're up front, you can hear the band playing through their amps, before it gets to the PA. Darryl asked me if I could hear this exact thing. So people up front have a much different experience than those further back. Critiquing a performance shot with a phone is like reviewing a car without having driven it. Sour grapes....

So from what you are saying unless you are at the show ( and at the front is best ) you can't criticize the sound of the show or make judgements, especially not on this thread, so all of us who watch youtube should be stopped from commenting.

So does that mean we can't judge the audio, video or DVD releases from all the Stones shows throughout the years. Should we not comment or make judgement's unless we were there. Or are those recordings valid because they are taken directly from the instruments before they reach the PA. Surely when you are at the front at a Stones show you still hear the sound from the PA as well as the sound coming through the amp's, i'm a bit confused.
I was there in Paris last year at the back on one occasion and at the front on another and the mistakes and general sound and cock ups on Sympathy etc were very similar to the recorded examples we get on you tube, i'm not sure being there at the front hearing the music through the amps and not the PA ( if that is at all possible ) can change the perception of sound to a degree that that mistakes don't happen.

That's an unusual analogy to use, with all due respect criticizing a car without driving it has nothing to do with listening to music.
Obviously when you are at the show the sound is much better and fuller, you get the vibration of Keith's guitar coming through your body, its amazing, i agree nothing recorded can ever give you that live experience and the mistakes are lost with everyone going crazy to the music, but mistakes still come through if you listen well and i think mistakes do show up more on a youtube clip.
But if only people who attend the show can comment on iorr we wouldn't have many members.

Date: May 25, 2018 15:45

raphph
powerage78

raphph

[flic.kr]

winking smiley

Yes fantastic pictures raphph, love the one at the end with Charlie giving Keith a bit of a cuddle. Also especially love the ones with Keith saying hello to to the fans with cigarette in hand before he sings. He looks so alive and in the moment taking it all in, he's so happy up there these days.
Is it just Ronnie's make up , he doesn't look very well in some of those pics.

Date: May 25, 2018 16:00

keithsman
roller99
stonehearted
roller99

The fan police.

So from what you are saying unless you are at the show ( and at the front is best ) you can't criticize the sound of the show or make judgements, especially not on this thread, so all of us who watch youtube should be stopped from commenting.

So does that mean we can't judge the audio, video or DVD releases from all the Stones shows throughout the years. Should we not comment or make judgement's unless we were there. Or are those recordings valid because they are taken directly from the instruments before they reach the PA. Surely when you are at the front at a Stones show you still hear the sound from the PA as well as the sound coming through the amp's, i'm a bit confused.
I was there in Paris last year at the back on one occasion and at the front on another and the mistakes and general sound and cock ups on Sympathy etc were very similar to the recorded examples we get on you tube, i'm not sure being there at the front hearing the music through the amps and not the PA ( if that is at all possible ) can change the perception of sound to a degree that that mistakes don't happen.

That's an unusual analogy to use, with all due respect criticizing a car without driving it has nothing to do with listening to music.
Obviously when you are at the show the sound is much better and fuller, you get the vibration of Keith's guitar coming through your body, its amazing, i agree nothing recorded can ever give you that live experience and the mistakes are lost with everyone going crazy to the music, but mistakes still come through if you listen well and i think mistakes do show up more on a youtube clip.
But if only people who attend the show can comment on iorr we wouldn't have many members.

I just don't think you can compare a YouTube clip recorded with a tiny mic and a tiny camera in a phone with a DVD made by the band, or being at the gig. Yes, sure, mistakes will show up in any media. As far as the sound coming straight from the amps, I thought that the bass sounded far more present at this show. I've always thought that the band kept Darryl purposely turned down. The day after the show, I asked Darryl about this. The lower frequencies can be heard at the front while the highs tend to render through the house.

Sure, people are free to comment, that was aimed at a few specific people (or person) that pontificate on stuff without having direct experience. Sorry to offend.

Date: May 25, 2018 16:03

No offence taken roller99, you always explain yourself in an articulate way when pressed, its all good with me thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 25, 2018 16:04

keithsman
raphph
powerage78

raphph

[flic.kr]

winking smiley

Yes fantastic pictures raphph, love the one at the end with Charlie giving Keith a bit of a cuddle. Also especially love the ones with Keith saying hello to to the fans with cigarette in hand before he sings. He looks so alive and in the moment taking it all in, he's so happy up there these days.

Well he certainly seemed very happy all night!

Date: May 25, 2018 16:07

raphph
keithsman
raphph
powerage78

raphph

[flic.kr]

winking smiley

Well he certainly seemed very happy all night!

He reminds me of this Buddha type figure as he gets older, he really does seem relaxed in his own skin, it wasn't always that way for Keith, he's had a tough ride but he finally got there.

Date: May 25, 2018 16:15

smileys with beersmiling smiley
keithsman
No offence taken roller99, you always explain yourself in an articulate way when pressed, its all good with me thumbs upsmileys with beer

Thank you kindly!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home