Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30
Re: London Stadium show-1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 23, 2018 10:42

Bloody journalists !

The "Satisfaction hitmakers" etc .......

Dear o dear !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 23, 2018 10:42

MartinB
strat72
I really wish BV would delete all reviews made by dickheads who were not at the show, but are basing their worthless drivel on shitty youtube clips recorded on shitty phones.

If you weren't at the gig.......... STFU please.

Agree. It is ridiculous the make judgements on the basis of crappy videos.

So my praise is also ridiculous?

Please let everybody have their own opinion. I can judge very well on the basis of a YT video. And this was a great show.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 23, 2018 10:54

Fool to cry...beautiful n great version.hope they play it more on this tour.
Jeroen

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 23, 2018 10:55

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MartinB
strat72
I really wish BV would delete all reviews made by dickheads who were not at the show, but are basing their worthless drivel on shitty youtube clips recorded on shitty phones.

Please let everybody have their own opinion. I can judge very well on the basis of a YT video. And this was a great show.

Well, maybe ridiculous is not the right word. But it is as unreliable as negative judgements.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:07

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MartinB
strat72

thumbs up

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:08

"lem motlow"

I try to be patient with you,a bit like when someone is interacting with a retarded child.I get it,you like Keith.Keith said this,Keith did that,Keith is great and your “keithsman”.try to keep your comments within the limited scope of your understanding of The Rolling Stones and just talk about Keith from now on.it looks like he got a new jacket,maybe discuss that.[/quote]

What you mean is i sound like a retarded child when you disagree with what i say.
I have plenty of praise for Mick Jagger on this tour, is that also a retarded observation.
I wasn't going to say anymore about this but intimidating posts from some iorr posters are relentless, asking BV to delete posts from anyone who is critical of the bands performance in any way. There were threads in 2016 & 2017 designed to bash Keith for playing crap. As soon as any other band member is criticized other than Keith its a no go area. Keith is great so far this tour, i think the band are brilliant, i just think Charlie is the weak link. Ok i shouldn't have said it and i'm sorry.

Just reading through the Dublin show reports and well respected reviewer Dean Goodman made a similar observation to me. Is he also retarded for disagreeing with your observations.

Dean Goodman
While we expect the band to be a little rusty after each extended vacation, the only real problem was Charlie, who seemed uncomfortable with the brisk crosswind. I sometimes wonder if the Stones should get a new drummer. Songs like "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Midnight Rambler" plodded along interminably.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 11:11 by keithsman.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:17

keithsman
Keith is great so far this tour, i think the band are brilliant, i just think Charlie is the weak link. Ok i shouldn't have said it and i'm sorry.

I think it is fair to criticize. But you deleted your key phrase: "Sorry to say but they need a new drummer." I think the core Stones consist of Mick, Keith, Charlie and the new guy Ronnie. ;-) If you kick one of them out - they are done for good. They wouldn't want to continue with one of them missing.

So: Criticize Charlie - ok. But if you want him out you actually want to the Stones to quit. And that is not criticism.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:21

Cristiano Radtke
Fool to Cry

Cool version.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:23

Interesting that there were no original songs in the set post Steel Wheels, Love Is Strong would have been great to hear. Solid overall though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 11:48 by WorriedAboutYou.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:28

WorriedAboutYou
Interesting that there was no original songs in the set post Steel Wheels, Love Is Strong would have been great to hear. Solid overall though.

True. Ride em on down is a cover even if recently published. Love is strong would be great. Also YGMR or Sparks will fly. Love that material.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:33

Well, I know judging YouTube videos cannot compare to the real thing, but what I've heard from them sofar, Dublin and London, on YouTube, they seem to be in very good shape and much better than in previous years. And Keith does not wreck the SFTD soloos anymore either.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:37

MUCH stronger show than Dublin. The band came out very strong, and played very well (with the exception of a craggy ending to JJF and an absolute car carsh in Satisfaction but, hey, screw ups are fun). Crowd was very engaged - at least in pit and GC that I could see - and sound was good. FTC was obviously a great surprise and was played perfectly. Mick's falsetto was great.

Didn't have great hopes for this show given the crappy stadium but it way exceeded my expectations.

syrel

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:41

keithsman
Just woke to read all the comments and insults and see that it is in fact just me, my opinion and it is clearly the wrong opinion and i apologize again.

Ok you can't all be wrong, i accept that, i was clearly wrong, i just got the impression he wasn't hitting the drums as hard.

Can we drop this now please.

Well whatever it is and whoever is to blame, in my ears at least some of the faster songs appear to be plodding a bit. It may not be that noticable at the shows due to the sheer sound volume, but good or even excellent recordings reveal this impression, while bad recordings seem to hide it. They're not the fantastically tight unit they used to be, but I have a hard time blaming any one in particular, maybe it's just the age.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:44

syrel
MUCH stronger show than Dublin. The band came out very strong, and played very well (with the exception of a craggy ending to JJF and an absolute car carsh in Satisfaction but, hey, screw ups are fun). Crowd was very engaged - at least in pit and GC that I could see - and sound was good. FTC was obviously a great surprise and was played perfectly. Mick's falsetto was great.

Didn't have great hopes for this show given the crappy stadium but it way exceeded my expectations.

syrel

Totally agree Syrel. Fool To Cry was a nice surprise. Overall I thought the show was great. A few mistakes as you say (having to quickly restart Midnight Rambler but no one really noticed). Yep crowd seemed to love it where I was in GA. Looking forward to Twickenham. Well done lads! smileys with beer

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:50

They sounded great last night.

Keith was much better than he has been in recent years and it seems that the guitar section has become stronger again (plus they were loud in the mix which was great). I never worry about Mick or Charlie.

I still find it a bit mind boggling that they are still able to do it at such a level.

Rest assured, on current form, you will not be disappointed.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:58

"we had a great time last night, and thanks to our special guest liam gallagher"

Date: May 23, 2018 12:05

schwonek
keithsman
Keith is great so far this tour, i think the band are brilliant, i just think Charlie is the weak link. Ok i shouldn't have said it and i'm sorry.

I think it is fair to criticize. But you deleted your key phrase: "Sorry to say but they need a new drummer." I think the core Stones consist of Mick, Keith, Charlie and the new guy Ronnie. ;-) If you kick one of them out - they are done for good. They wouldn't want to continue with one of them missing.

So: Criticize Charlie - ok. But if you want him out you actually want to the Stones to quit. And that is not criticism.

Well i didn't mean they should sack him, i mean they should maybe call it a day after this tour and leave the Stones with a memory of finishing on top playing to sold out stadiums and delivering a great show to be proud of. I think this is the time to stop as the "Stones" and Keith, Mick Ron And Charlie could spend their last few years in the business pursuing the music that inspires them most, playing in various bands with other musicians, Charlie himself might retire from Rock and do more Jazz, its more manageable and he could go on for years playing Jazz. Mick loves his more modern approach to recordings he seems disinterested in finishing a Stones album, perhaps those 40 demos will make a great solo album. Keith has the possibility of showcasing his solo albums with a Wino's tour before time runs out, Keith more Roll as apposed to Rock now so we know where his heart lies, Ronnie is just amazing , such energy i think he is held back sometimes in the Stones , he wants to fly and he can make a solo album in a few months, it would be great to see him hit the road with some other great musicians, who knows the Faces is still a possibility with Rod.
I just get fed up with Mick and Keith being so incompatible when it comes to recording.

They would never get rid of Charlie or anyone else but its frustrating at times. Sometimes i watch old footage of the Stones and Charlie was just incredible, there's naturally a noticeable decline in his energy, he doesn't look like he is enjoying it so much now on stage, he's trying to keep up but he looks uncomfortable, we all get old it's no ones fault but that age difference between band members is noticeable now, Charlie is showing his age a bit more.
It is what it is and i look forward to seeing them soon, i understand that many of you want them to go on and on and that's great, i respect that, but personally i want to see them bow out on top in a blaze of glory, go with a bang and not a whimper as Bill Wyman said. It would be different if they offered something new with a new album, or played Exile or something, but these tours are almost identical since 89' not much has changed and i personally get tired of the same songs played all the time.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:11

Best show in London since 1982 (BV), that's just amazing thumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:23

powerage78
Best show in London since 1982 (BV), that's just amazing thumbs up

I don't know if I'd go that far but definitely a superior performance in London last night.

Posted by: Father Ted ()

keithsman
schwonek
keithsman

Well i didn't mean they should sack him, i mean they should maybe call it a day after this tour and leave the Stones with a memory of finishing on top playing to sold out stadiums and delivering a great show to be proud of. I think this is the time to stop as the "Stones" and Keith, Mick Ron And Charlie could spend their last few years in the business pursuing the music that inspires them most, playing in various bands with other musicians, Charlie himself might retire from Rock and do more Jazz, its more manageable and he could go on for years playing Jazz. Mick loves his more modern approach to recordings he seems disinterested in finishing a Stones album, perhaps those 40 demos will make a great solo album. Keith has the possibility of showcasing his solo albums with a Wino's tour before time runs out, Keith more Roll as apposed to Rock now so we know where his heart lies, Ronnie is just amazing , such energy i think he is held back sometimes in the Stones , he wants to fly and he can make a solo album in a few months, it would be great to see him hit the road with some other great musicians, who knows the Faces is still a possibility with Rod.
I just get fed up with Mick and Keith being so incompatible when it comes to recording.

They would never get rid of Charlie or anyone else but its frustrating at times. Sometimes i watch old footage of the Stones and Charlie was just incredible, there's naturally a noticeable decline in his energy, he doesn't look like he is enjoying it so much now on stage, he's trying to keep up but he looks uncomfortable, we all get old it's no ones fault but that age difference between band members is noticeable now, Charlie is showing his age a bit more.
It is what it is and i look forward to seeing them soon, i understand that many of you want them to go on and on and that's great, i respect that, but personally i want to see them bow out on top in a blaze of glory, go with a bang and not a whimper as Bill Wyman said. It would be different if they offered something new with a new album, or played Exile or something, but these tours are almost identical since 89' not much has changed and i personally get tired of the same songs played all the time.

Charlie did actually smile last night while he was playing. God's honest truth.

Posted by: maumau ()

keithsman
Just woke to read all the comments and insults and see that it is in fact just me, my opinion and it is clearly the wrong opinion and i apologize again.

Ok you can't all be wrong, i accept that, i was clearly wrong, i just got the impression he wasn't hitting the drums as hard.

Can we drop this now please.

I hear you, you're right it's time to drop and stop, too much heat for something that in fact is pretty much a daily matter here: judging for the better and the worse without being at the gig

peace

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:32

Beautiful picture of the lads. Keith, Liam and Charlie, my holy trinity. Kicked myself in bed this morning as I dreamed that Liam guested on SFM and I missed it as I couldn't get off work to attend the show. Thank God they opened with it and thus made such a thing impossible.
I am glad to see that there seems to be no hard feelings between Mick and Liam after the Q Awards back in 1996....

smileys with beer

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:33

Looked pretty packed stadium last night?

Was it uncomfortably packed or okay to move around, in the general admission section?

Anybody in the golden circle, was it okay for access to facilities? Amsterdam was a nightmare.

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:42

fantastic gig. i was in pit a. what a surprise to get SFM as an opener - great way to start a show - the band started as they meant to go on. seeing the sheer joy in their faces as they played was really nice to see. keith played well, i was at Barcelona last year and this was a 100% improvement. fool to cry... loved it. mick completely in to it, such a great song not played enough. highlight for me was btmmr, ok keith doesn't play it so much but i love it and the way he delivers with genuine feeling ticks the box for me.
sound was fantastic. special mention to liam gallagher - last couple of songs with Bonehead and Live Forever, a special song for me.
don't quite understand the negativity around, it was a good show!

Date: May 23, 2018 12:52

MadMax
Beautiful picture of the lads. Keith, Liam and Charlie, my holy trinity. Kicked myself in bed this morning as I dreamed that Liam guested on SFM and I missed it as I couldn't get off work to attend the show. Thank God they opened with it and thus made such a thing impossible.
I am glad to see that there seems to be no hard feelings between Mick and Liam after the Q Awards back in 1996....

smileys with beer

Yeah i seem to remember something about Liam flicking his cigarette ash into Micks hair ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 12:53 by keithsman.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:54

I do agree, fantastic show. BTMMR was highlight as well for me.

BTW, can you please open a separate topic with whom should quit and be replaced, let's discuss the last night show here

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2018 13:22

Found a cool FTC video with good sound here [www.youtube.com] but it was rotated so I fixed that and reuploaded it with due credit : [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 13:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 13:24

Well I got into my work in Swindon about 50 minutes ago, absolutely knackered. I should be in a fit state to do a day's work though. Great show, with the odd misfire but that's why we love 'em. They're real. I personally enjoyed Liam's set a lot, being a bit of an Oasis fan and he obliged by playing a mostly Oasis set, finishing with a rousing accoustic 'Live Forever'.

Fool To Cry was done very well I thought, and Keith stayed awake this time grinning smiley

When I heard FTC while queueing outside, I actually thought it was from the PA. That must have been the longest showday soundcheck ever - how many did they do - 5 or 6 songs?

I bumped into a few members of the IORR Band on the way out of the stadium plus some others - DP, Wild Sliwowitz and David?? After a long trek, we reached Stratford Tube Station and squashed onto a train as best we could before we all got off at different stops and went our ways. Much later I met ErwinH & Duke Richardson, also from the IORR Band as they were staying in the same place. They had a nightmare journey back and ended up getting a taxi from Stratford to King's Cross.

So another great Rolling Stones time, enjoyed from the front row of GA (LD) and I look forward to my next dose on Friday thumbs up

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: May 23, 2018 13:25

[theartsdesk.com]

Ok, I'll admit it, I was a bit nervous about going to this one.
After all, each concert gets nearer to being the last one, for them, for me?
But wow! What an evening, what a concert, I came away saying 'best ever!'

Great crowd, great atmosphere, half empty?... Only in the minds of the bashers here..........
At last I was able to put the negativity of some posters here right outa my mind and enjoy a fantastic brilliant concert

Fool to Cry never been one of my favourites, usually skip it. But this live performance was mind blowingly beautiful. Believe me, you just had to be there

Brown Sugar seemed a bit under par to me, but can't put my finger on why.
Satisfaction, they seemed a bit bored with, and 'come on guys, before the curfew!!'

But my oh my, what an evening, what a show.
If I never get there to see them live again, I will remember this show for ever

Get a ticket if you can!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2018 13:30

What a great thing that "Street Fighting Man" made it to the set list, and even better, they started the show with it. It is one of those true 'London anthems' - an absolutely right place to play it there (fond memories of it being played in Hyde Park five years ago). It must've been a thrill to witness and experience that live. From the crap youtube clip I only was able to observe that the singers even emphasized the first "Sleepy London Town" part in chorus. A home run!

An interesting re-appearance of "Fool To Cry". Can't much judge it from the base of youtube, but a nice surprise.

From the base of reports it was one of their better shows recently. Happy for the people who were there!

A full house again?

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home