Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 30
Re: London Stadium show-1 UK 22-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:14

Gazza
Very good. You gave him a decade to redeem himself. Did you want him kicked out of the band in 2007?

Well it wasn't a decade it was 5 years, i was so disappointed in Keith in 07' that i said to myself i will never pay to see them again, but come 2012 i was impressed with Keith again, he has wobbled here and there but looks to be hitting his stride again these last two shows and i'm sure he will improve as the tour progresses.

I don't want anyone kicked out but there comes a time when a man should retire, i think Charlie is reaching that time. Just my opinion, you say the sound mix is crap or whatever but the band are Rocking, i think they would Rock even harder if Charlie was able to raise his game.
Strange how Keith can be slaughtered on iorr but no one else in the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 02:15 by keithsman.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:15

why play so many of the biggies?

mick answered that at soundcheck today

"this is the world's stage. this is for everyone"

(possible secret jacket code. suit jacket onstage. l'wren or somebody l'wren-ish.
street jacket onstage. somebody quite different. talking about
personality structure, not appearance)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 03:02 by rev20.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:16

Cristiano Radtke
Some great pics by raphph. More here: [www.instagram.com]

Ha! These are mine! I was just coming here to post the hi-rez versions!

Check out my instagram Instagram Link for about 30 more!

Rolling Stones - London 22-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:17

Date: May 23, 2018 02:20

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:24

keithsman
Gazza
Very good. You gave him a decade to redeem himself. Did you want him kicked out of the band in 2007?

Well it wasn't a decade it was 5 years, i was so disappointed in Keith in 07' that i said to myself i will never pay to see them again, but come 2012 i was impressed with Keith again, he has wobbled here and there but looks to be hitting his stride again these last two shows and i'm sure he will improve as the tour progresses.

I don't want anyone kicked out but there comes a time when a man should retire, i think Charlie is reaching that time. Just my opinion, you say the sound mix is crap or whatever but the band are Rocking, i think they would Rock even harder if Charlie was able to raise his game.
What I do not understand about your comment is why, what's wrong with Charlie? What does not convince you?

Date: May 23, 2018 02:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 02:27 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:28

Just got home from an epic show. My first since Hyde Park so it was great to hear the Stones at a decent volume! Sound quality could have been better, bit muddy but overall it was a massive improvement from last time I saw them.

SFM as an opener was a lovely surprise - and they started off tight as @#$%&. A few sloppy moments here and there during the show but they quickly pulled it round each time. They all seemed to really enjoy themselves, lots of smiles from everyone and the crowd was excellent.

Fool To Cry was sublime and delighted that UMT won the vote. They kept the arrangement quite close to the original and even though its was massively different from the Still Life version it was still brilliant.

Forget watching YT vids to try to get a feel for it - waste of time. Still the greatest rock n roll band in the world!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:33

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:35

schwonek
Cristiano Radtke
"See ya later!"

[twitter.com]

Great picture! Thx Cristiano

Yeah, but not from tonight's show.

Date: May 23, 2018 02:43

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:43

keithsman
Gazza

This conversation is between you and I, and I dont see Keith being 'slaughtered' at all. By anyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 02:45 by Gazza.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:44

Cristiano Radtke
Fool to Cry

Un.believable.
Blown away.
Best band in the world, to be able to pull that out of the back pocket.
WOW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 02:45 by 35love.

Date: May 23, 2018 02:47

OK here are some of my shots - I'll post the full album when I have time!1

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:49

In my opinion there is a misunderstanding about Charlie, if someone thinks the songs are slower because of him he is wrong. The time of a song is decided by the band, going faster can be a problem for a guitarist, indeed I am almost certain that the reason why some songs are slower is certainly not Charlie.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:53

keithsman
Gazza
keithsman
Is it just me but the show the other night in Dublin and now again tonight, Charlies drums sound very weak to me.
Sorry to say but they need a new drummer.
I love you Charlie but it's time to call it a day.

Yeah. Its just you.

How did you feel when watching some of the trainwreck guitar performances of 2006-07?

Ridiculous comment.

Yes i saw many of those train wreck shows in 07' credit where credit is due keith pulled his shit together since then.

Its just my opinion about Charlie, sorry to offend anyone.
He's almost 77...what you hear is what you get. At this point, nothing is going to change so just deal with it.

Date: May 23, 2018 02:55

raphph
OK here are some of my shots - I'll post the full album when I have time!

Amazing photos, raphph. Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Date: May 23, 2018 02:56

Cristiano Radtke
raphph
OK here are some of my shots - I'll post the full album when I have time!

Amazing photos, raphph. Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

And you Cristiano! It's welcome seeing you "like" my pics on instagram! That makes me happy as I know where they will end up!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:57

A great show. I loved SFM as the opener and Fool to Cry was brilliant - it worked really well in the stadium. Really impressed at how the band mixed up the set list. Sound quality in the stands was a bit muddy at times (whereas from the Gold Circle in Dublin the sound was excellent). A friend who was with me (not a big Stones fan) said she loved the show and in particular loved seeing the joy on the band's faces - she said it was obvious the band loved playing together. And Insaid - that's why I love them and keep coming back to see them!

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:57

Just watched UMT. The lyrics are a mess. No “squirming dog”. No “sweetest pet in the world “. No “the way she does just what she’s told”. It’s a misogynist song with misogynistic lyrics. It’s nice to hear some variety but it seems Mick is going too PC here. Just like the line in Some Girls about what black girls want all night is left out or changed to white girls.

Part of the original appeal of the Stones was the whole F**k You attitude they used to have. I saw an old interview from 78 today. Mick was asked about sexist and racist lyrics on SG. He said the next album would be more racist and sexist! In fact here is that clip. 78 interview.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:58

I do not agree with Charlie being the weak link. If one were looking for weak links one should start in the guitar section and then go to the singer.
Charlie sounds about the same. He was never the flamboyant drummer but he has a distinctive touch. Which I tend to like...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 23, 2018 02:59

Cristiano Radtke
Fool to Cry

Quite rusty in the beginning, not enough of a commitment on Mick’s part. Hopefully makes another appearance .......

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:01

They shut off all the freaking cell towers, or they block periscope. Friday I'm coming armed. Great show, Keith was on fire, you could hear Darryl, Mick tore it up.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:03

HomerSimpson
Just watched UMT. The lyrics are a mess. No “squirming dog”. No “sweetest pet in the world “. No “the way she does just what she’s told”. It’s a misogynist song with misogynistic lyrics. It’s nice to hear some variety but it seems Mick is going too PC here. Just like the line in Some Girls about what black girls want all night is left out or changed to white girls.

Part of the original appeal of the Stones was the whole F**k You attitude they used to have. I saw an old interview from 78 today. Mick was asked about sexist and racist lyrics on SG. He said the next album would be more racist and sexist! In fact here is that clip. 78 interview.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:03

roller99
They shut off all the freaking cell towers, or they block periscope. Friday I'm coming armed. Great show, Keith was on fire, you could hear Darryl, Mick tore it up.

God forbid something happens. What if there is an emergency situation and cell towers are off?

Date: May 23, 2018 03:04

roller99

They didn't - I had intermittent signal throughout in gold circle

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:14

Cristiano Radtke
Fool to Cry

[/quote

Some nice guitar work in there thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:18

Reports and pictures here. Please send your stories for publication:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:19

roller99

I'm a West Ham season ticket holder and the lack of a mobile phone signal within the stadium is a massive problem for people on certain networks. I have never (In the 40 times I have attended matches there) been able to receive or make calls/texts and I have never been able to use the internet.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:20

HomerSimpson

Is he saying "she does just what I'm told?" That doesn't even make sense.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home