Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Groupon deals on No Filter tickets
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 21, 2018 07:38

Hi all,
Just received this from Groupon, 15% discount code available for new sign ups. They are a reputable company, I’ve used them a number of times.
[www.groupon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 07:41 by flairville.

Re: Groupon deals on No Filter tickets
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 21, 2018 11:16

Resorting to Groupon?! Doesn't look too good...

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 11:38

flairville
Hi all,
Just received this from Groupon, 15% discount code available for new sign ups. They are a reputable company, I’ve used them a number of times.
[www.groupon.co.uk]

29 May at St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton | 2 June at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry | 5 June at Old Trafford, Manchester | 9 June at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh | 15 June at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff | 19 June at Twickenham Stadium, Twickenham

Ticketing Options:

£59.95 for one (1) best available seated ticket
£89.95 for one (1) general admission standing ticket

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 21, 2018 11:52

Beast

Yikes, there's a bit of a shocker ! Groupon !?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 21, 2018 12:01

They really @#$%& it up with ticket prices this time

I dont care about all that talking about if you sell out you are to cheap. This is a insult to everybody who bought very expensive tickets wich are now very cheap.

And no this is not the same as lucky dip as lucky dip was ment to be limited and had another purpose as it was always used when they did sell out.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 21, 2018 12:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack

I dont care about all that talking about if you sell out
you are to cheap. This is a insult to everybody who bought
very expensive tickets wich are now very cheap.

And no this is not the same as lucky dip as lucky dip was ment
to be limited and had another purpose as it was always used when
they did sell out.

As long as everybody can get into a Stones show - I´m fine with it.
The Stones get their money anyway. I don´t want to see a show with 1/3
empty seats. I hope that many young rockfans take the chance now.

You and me, the old fans - we can pay more.

Date: May 21, 2018 13:39

TooTough
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I dont care about all that talking about if you sell out
you are to cheap. This is a insult to everybody who bought
very expensive tickets wich are now very cheap.

And no this is not the same as lucky dip as lucky dip was ment
to be limited and had another purpose as it was always used when
they did sell out.

As long as everybody can get into a Stones show - I´m fine with it.
The Stones get their money anyway. I don´t want to see a show with 1/3
empty seats. I hope that many young rockfans take the chance now.

You and me, the old fans - we can pay more.

I am not an old fan. I have two babies and have to decide wisely where to spent my money on. I am not complaining since i have a very good job and i saw the stones 14 times and will add one more show this summer.

See you this summer!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:00

It doesn't matter if you pay £500 for a ticket and the person standing next to you gets in for free when the band hits the stage you won't be thinking about ticket prices,just go and enjoy the show.

Nate

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:07

"I don´t want to see a show with 1/3 empty seats. I hope that many young rockfans take the chance now"

I don't think that you (we) run such a risk, Too Tough. IMO, Dublin was the highest hurdle for them. For various reasons, we have talked about. But they filled 7/8 of the stadium, attracting 70,000 people. So, I would say, no serious worries, as for attendances. Only reasons for calling unfair the current selling strategy, because, as PaintMonkeyManBlack says, many people bought expensive tickets witch are now cheap...

But I hope that many young people take the chance, anyway! ,

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:25

laertisflash
"I don´t want to see a show with 1/3 empty seats. I hope that many young rockfans take the chance now"

I don't think that you (we) run such a risk, Too Tough. IMO, Dublin was the highest hurdle for them. For various reasons, we have talked about. But they filled 7/8 of the stadium, attracting 70,000 people. So, I would say, no serious worries, as for attendances. Only reasons for calling unfair the current selling strategy, because, as PaintMonkeyManBlack says, many people bought expensive tickets witch are now cheap...

That's why I'm Lucky Dipping 9 shows, at a total cost of 75% of the price of a single Pit ticket grinning smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:06

grzegorz67
laertisflash

That's why I'm Lucky Dipping 9 shows, at a total cost of 75% of the price of a single Pit ticket grinning smiley
Good man. Blend of GA/Ld/seats for my three shows average price 60 quid a ticket

Date: May 21, 2018 15:26

yorkshirestone
grzegorz67
laertisflash

Good man. Blend of GA/Ld/seats for my three shows average price 60 quid a ticket

If you're willing to queue up, the front of GA is absolutely fine. I had a normal priced GA for Dublin, was 12th in the queue and scored an excellent spot on the rail, just in front of the sound mixing desk. From there you can see the whole stage clearly and the sound is excellent. Well worth 70 quid.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 21, 2018 16:42

Nate
It doesn't matter if you pay £500 for a ticket and the person standing next to you gets in for free when the band hits the stage you won't be thinking about ticket prices,just go and enjoy the show.

Nate

Strange times though.
I recently had some NHS treatment (ie free) at a 'Private hospital'. So was getting the same service as other people who pay a shed load of money at the same hospital for private health care.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 21, 2018 16:58

jlowe
Nate

Nate

Strange times though.
I recently had some NHS treatment (ie free) at a 'Private hospital'. So was getting the same service as other people who pay a shed load of money at the same hospital for private health care.

You mean the United States?

And ‘Desert Trip’ was sold thru Costco.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:00

Groupon deals?! What the.....?
BOGOF next? Just back from my local Cheapo Store, but they don't put out the offers on 'near the sell-by date' till about an hour before closing.......

Seriously, I admire your attitude Nate, over the years I have spent between ten bob and £ashedload on tickets. No time for regrets.

Got my ticket for tomorrow, cost me £waytoomuch, but like Nate says, whining about that (or anything) will be the last thing on my mind as soon as the show starts - can't wait!

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:05

Is there any way that Pit tickets to some of these will be reduced?

Date: May 21, 2018 17:14

raphph

No. They'll go to Lucky Dippers and a few people will be let in from GC at show start to fill the gaps. That's what happened in Dublin.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:48

This "what the market will bear" ticket selling model has been going on for years now and I think it is very cynical on behalf of the artists. Should a ticket to a rock show cost you the equivalent of half a month's rent? The answer is no.

I think one day the bubble is going to burst for all artists. It's not like a bloody LED video screen costs tens of millions of dollars anymore. Granted the Stones have put up an elaborate LED video screen implementation, but still.

I can watch TV at home for free.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2018 19:18

Groupon wow...and I thought selling through Costco w/discounts was the low point.
Feel bad for those who paid full price, but I did mention when sales started it was worth waiting for price drops and discounts - there was NO way they would sell all those tickets at those ridiculous prices.
I imagine the secondary markets will be cutting prices by at least 75% off face value just as it happened with the Desert Trip and the *Vegas shows. For those still waiting, might want to check out those sites (stubhub, etc.) - you might be able to get in the Pit for very cheap. And I don't know of there are dollar type discount stores in the UK (we have 99cent stores, etc. in the US), but next thing you know might be able to get a ticket from there.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 19:32

grzegorz67
raphph

No. They'll go to Lucky Dippers and a few people will be let in from GC at show start to fill the gaps. That's what happened in Dublin.

Would you know if any general standing was let into the golden circle?

Date: May 21, 2018 19:38

odean73
grzegorz67
raphph

TornandFrayedSue said she saw it happen from her seat, but only after the show has started. Happened between songs 1-4. I didn’t personally see it and was happy with my spot on the rail in GA.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 19:48

grzegorz67
odean73
grzegorz67
raphph

TornandFrayedSue said she saw it happen from her seat, but only after the show has started. Happened between songs 1-4. I didn’t personally see it and was happy with my spot on the rail in GA.

Thanks.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 21, 2018 21:22

paulywaul
Beast

An unexpected twist, perhaps. However, to those whom are not middle-class and cannot afford the original offers, then perhaps such offers will provided an otherwise unavailable opportunity. I would never sneer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 21, 2018 21:36

ycagwywpmd
Groupon deals?! What the.....?
BOGOF next? Just back from my local Cheapo Store, but they don't put out the offers on 'near the sell-by date' till about an hour before closing.......

Seriously, I admire your attitude Nate, over the years I have spent between ten bob and £ashedload on tickets. No time for regrets.

Got my ticket for tomorrow, cost me £waytoomuch, but like Nate says, whining about that (or anything) will be the last thing on my mind as soon as the show starts - can't wait!

This made me laugh, thanks.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 21, 2018 22:00

This is the obvious consequence of announcing a full UK stadium tour on 26 February 2018, allowing only just under 3 months of ticket sales before the first date.

I think the band's promoters and management gave them exceptionally bad commercial advice on the likelihood of strong ticket sales for the 6 initial UK stadium shows on this tour.

I expect massive areas of empty seats for most of these shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 21, 2018 22:29

SonicDreamer
This is the obvious consequence of announcing a full UK stadium tour on 26 February 2018, allowing only just under 3 months of ticket sales before the first date.

I think the band's promoters and management gave them exceptionally bad commercial advice on the likelihood of strong ticket sales for the 6 initial UK stadium shows on this tour.

I expect massive areas of empty seats for most of these shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

Awwwww, c'mon SD...
The Stones have always announced and sold tickets with only a few months prior.
It's what we love about them!

Would you rather they keep your money for 12-18 months?! I wouldn't.

Who really gives a shit how the promoters fills these shows? I don't.

Go have fun.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 22, 2018 10:28

Hairball
Groupon wow...and I thought selling through Costco w/discounts was the low point.
Feel bad for those who paid full price, but I did mention when sales started it was worth waiting for price drops and discounts - there was NO way they would sell all those tickets at those ridiculous prices.
I imagine the secondary markets will be cutting prices by at least 75% off face value just as it happened with the Desert Trip and the *Vegas shows. For those still waiting, might want to check out those sites (stubhub, etc.) - you might be able to get in the Pit for very cheap. And I don't know of there are dollar type discount stores in the UK (we have 99cent stores, etc. in the US), but next thing you know might be able to get a ticket from there.

Desert Trip pit tickets went from $1700 usd (face) to $5000 usd on secondary, then plummeted steadily to $300 usd by the first show day - for both weekends.

I recently used Groupon for Uriah Heep - got a $65 ticket for $25. You bring your promo code to the box office to exchange for a ticket. I noticed the actual ticket had '$0.00' on it - meaning it was probably a comp, meaning Groupon probably paid little or nothing for the approx 250 discount tickets that were sold (venue capacity was 1200). They just wanted to fill seats. It sure helped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 10:35 by mosthigh.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 22, 2018 11:03

Big Al
paulywaul
Beast

An unexpected twist, perhaps. However, to those whom are not middle-class and cannot afford the original offers, then perhaps such offers will provided an otherwise unavailable opportunity. I would never sneer
If it means younger or more casual fans get a chance I’m all for it

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 22, 2018 13:07

Shocking? Groupon offered Stones tickets years before. Nobody noticed. First time Berlin 2014 if I remember right. Seats far away from the stage. Some weeks ago they offered Prague incl overnight. So this is nothing knew now. Enjoy!

Tom

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2018 18:19

mosthigh
Hairball

Desert Trip pit tickets went from $1700 usd (face) to $5000 usd on secondary, then plummeted steadily to $300 usd by the first show day - for both weekends.

I recently used Groupon for Uriah Heep - got a $65 ticket for $25. You bring your promo code to the box office to exchange for a ticket. I noticed the actual ticket had '$0.00' on it - meaning it was probably a comp, meaning Groupon probably paid little or nothing for the approx 250 discount tickets that were sold (venue capacity was 1200). They just wanted to fill seats. It sure helped.

Yes, I was the lucky recipient of the apprx. $300 Desert Trip three day PIT pass for wkd. 2. Bought it on stubhub a day or two before the show, and then went to a special rented room to pickup at the nearby Hyatt (or Hilton?) where there were official stubhub staff giving out wristbands along with hundreds of other people who had bought the discounted tickets. Huge bags of wristbands in all categories...they were practically giving them away...it was all very well organized! And then *Vegas '16 immediately after Desert Trip was another stubhub success for me - bought a pair of floor seats the day of show for apprx. $250 which were originally face $750+fees (making them over $800). Was there with my wife celebrating her birthday w/no real intention of seeing the Stones, but at that price couldn't refuse!

As for Groupon, in the past I've bought vouchers for restaurants - pay $10 for a $25 dining credit for example.
Never knew they were in the concert ticket business!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 18:23 by Hairball.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home