Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman: At Home on the Cote
Date: May 18, 2018 18:12

Re: Bill Wyman: At Home on the Cote
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 18, 2018 19:24

The man who quit the greatest, most profitable band in the history of the world to mess around with metal detectors and run a burger joint. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 18, 2018 20:08

Man who started out playing blues in a small club and retired at 57 a multimillionaire and did whatever he damn well pleased for the rest of his life.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 18, 2018 20:13

Sounds like he's living the dream. Good on him.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 18, 2018 21:22

I doubt Bill has any regrets and bailed out a the right time...perhaps a little late. He seems to have been careful with whatever cut he got out of his stones years and has enjoyed the last few decades doing what every retired man should do and do what he wants.

Bill has left us a great legacy, he was there when it mattered, when the greatest rock songs were recorded....what followed his departure has been good, but it was never the same....I've never liked the strange role assigned to Darryl...plays in the band, but not one of the band....why?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 18, 2018 21:38

Sure, good for him. And remember, you can't take anything with you when you go. Bill is 81 now.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 19, 2018 00:20

Looking forward to the release of the Documentary film, hopefully soon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 19, 2018 00:27

GREAT. Looking forward to the documentary when it comes out.
And believe me, if I had a home Côte d'Azur France,
I’d live there, too.
Loved Bill’s books/ friendship with Marc Chagall.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 19, 2018 00:50

Good on Bill. Although I wish he was still on board I respect his life changing decision. I suspect he's an honest man trying to live a good quality life. Good point above how he was there for the important times. It's changed a lot but also it couldn't stay the same either, without becoming a sort of caricature revival band. I think we as fans got a good shake in the end (although not quite). I hope The Stones feel happy too for what it's worth.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2018 08:23

It's funny when we feel sorry for him for leaving the Stones and not making scads more millions. He has three homes! His restaurant has been filling his pockets for almost thirty years! And he doesn't have to wait for Keith to show up to do it! By all accounts he is rich AND happy. As Keith said about Bill's playing, timing!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 19, 2018 08:27

Bill has left us a great legacy, he was there when it mattered, when the greatest rock songs were recorded....what followed his departure has been good, but it was never the same....I've never liked the strange role assigned to Darryl...plays in the band, but not one of the band....why?

CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More cash for the 4 Stones.Hiring is cheaper.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2018 08:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-19 21:44 by Stoneage.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 11:31

Wishing Bill and his family happiness and health.
My dad had prostate cancer in 2005 and he is well, he is one year younget than Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-19 11:44 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 19, 2018 12:06

crumbling_mice
I doubt Bill has any regrets and bailed out a the right time...perhaps a little late. He seems to have been careful with whatever cut he got out of his stones years and has enjoyed the last few decades doing what every retired man should do and do what he wants.

Is it because Darryl isn't British?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 19, 2018 15:41

As much as I admire Bill: Could you really imagine playing a tour with the Stones nowadays at his Age & condition?

Sorry I can't! (and I support crumbling_mice's remark on Darryl - the humiliation of the founding members against him and Mick Taylor is hard to understand).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:36

Father Ted
crumbling_mice

Is it because Darryl isn't British?

Maybe. I think it's more about money. Bill was a full partner, in since the inception of the band we recognize as the Rolling Stones. It took Ronnie a long time, Bill's departure, before he was more than a well compensated hired hand, with a couple songwriting co-credits. The Stones, the 4 still sort of standing, have to pay a lot to the many backing musicians and singers they employ now. And all of them could be replaced tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice. Bill was part of the English image of the group. Darryl hasn't really contributed much to the group. Most of his playing is on songs Bill recorded with the group in their golden age. I guess Chuck would be closer to being a bonafide Rolling Stone, and he hasn't contributed much to their overall sound either. He's certainly doesn't have a set apart style like Nicky, Ian, or Billy had. All that aside, it's probably money. Why make Darryl a full member and pay him? It's not like he was there in the driving around in an unheated van days with Stu.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:42

Livin' the life, good for Bill and family !

I thought he'd sold everything he had in France though, his house and his Citroen SM ? Guess not !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:42

I realize the interview was to support a new documentary project.

But...

An opportunity was missed to ask Bill about his future

Or not

With the Rhythm Kings.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:57

24FPS
It's funny when we feel sorry for him for leaving the Stones and not making scads more millions. He has three homes! His restaurant has been filling his pockets for almost thirty years! And he doesn't have to wait for Keith to show up to do it! By all accounts he is rich AND happy. As Keith said about Bill's playing, timing!

Hilarious true

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home