Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 29 of 31
Re: Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 19, 2018 14:50

hilary
i have a question..maybe someone can help me...It's just a curiosity but i noticed that in Wild horses, Keith used the electric guitar while, for example, in Copacabana he played an acoustic one (which i prefer!) thank you

Hi Hilary,
OK - and what would be your question then?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 19, 2018 15:15

Stonesfan2146
IORR's played really fast, sounds great!

Yes I like iorr speeded up, just the right tempo, best I've heard in recent years.

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:06

RoughJusticeOnYa
hilary
i have a question..maybe someone can help me...It's just a curiosity but i noticed that in Wild horses, Keith used the electric guitar while, for example, in Copacabana he played an acoustic one (which i prefer!) thank you

Hi Hilary,
OK - and what would be your question then?
well the question is, according to you, why he uses two completely different guitars for the same song...I think the acoustic is more suitable for a ballad

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:19

TornFrayedSue wrote: "... I enjoyed a great concert in Croke Park, although I draw a nosebleed on my LD (708 Cusack Stand), but I have never so far experienced such friendly steward and police and extraordinary well organized event..."

Speaking about stewards, I saw on a clip one of them nearly... dancing when the band was playing SFTD. The man was moving his head at the pace of the song, like the fans did. And I think he was also singing, for a few moments. Nice to see it!

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:28

The Irish Sun newspaper:

ED Sheeran spent his night off at the Rolling Stones’ Croke Park gig.
The Perfect star — who was enjoying a break from his Phoenix Park concerts —
was in one of Croker’s private boxes to see Mick Jagger and co.

And Kodaline watched the rock legends kick off the second leg of their European tour.

Game of Thrones actor Aidan Gillen, 50, also took in the extravaganza.

Conor McGregor posed with the Coronas’ Danny O’Reilly and girlfriend Emma Swift while enjoying Thursday night’s show from a VIP box.

Even former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern couldn’t resist seeing the iconic band live.

TD Timmy Dooley and Leinster rugby coach Leo Cullen were also at the concert.
A source said: “There was a massive demand for this gig and pretty much
everyone wanted to be there. The promoters were given a huge list of demands
for tickets and laid on an area for the VIPs.It was a ­seriously star-studded evening.”

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:53

If you look at this video it's interesting how many people who were not inside before the show started. At the left of the stage, there is constant flux of people coming in during Sympathy. Was this all due to the traffic or did the show start earlier than anticipated?
The show started 8.30 sharp. I'll shall arrive early at the upcoming shows to avoid the risk of being too late for show start! (Especially if thousands must collect their tickets at the venue)
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:55

laertisflash
TornFrayedSue wrote: "... I enjoyed a great concert in Croke Park, although I draw a nosebleed on my LD (708 Cusack Stand), but I have never so far experienced such friendly steward and police and extraordinary well organized event..."

Speaking about stewards, I saw on a clip one of them nearly... dancing when the band was playing SFTD. The man was moving his head at the pace of the song, like the fans did. And I think he was also singing, for a few moments. Nice to see it!

I saw some stewards the ailes taking pictures or videos with their phones thumbs up Still they were attentive and told people to not block the aisles completely, but as long as the flow of people going up and down was not obstructed, they simply let us have fun and dance grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 19, 2018 17:21

Rolling Stones - Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 19, 2018 17:23

"The fans in Ireland are always just amazing and full of energy." @MickJagger

"Dublin, particularly has always been a Stones’ town. Great welcome so far, great feeling, we’re ready to go really, you know." @officialKeef

[twitter.com]

--

The Rolling Stones - Croke Park, Dublin (No Filter Tour 17.05.18) - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 19, 2018 17:30

Start Me Up No Filter Pit A against the fence

[youtu.be]

Date: May 19, 2018 17:32

The Worst.
If you look at this video it's interesting how many people who were not inside before the show started. At the left of the stage, there is constant flux of people coming in during Sympathy. Was this all due to the traffic or did the show start earlier than anticipated?
The show started 8.30 sharp. I'll shall arrive early at the upcoming shows to avoid the risk of being too late for show start! (Especially if thousands must collect their tickets at the venue)
[www.youtube.com]

There was absolutely no problem getting into the venue, and the show was scheduled to start 8.30h. As BV mentioned in his review, the pit was half empty in the beginning, as was GC. I saw a lot of movement in GA and GC during the first 4 sounds, and guess, people from GC were invited to the Pit and GA were let in to GC to fill the section up. When I arrived around 7.30h GA was half empty, I thought, folks were still out enjoying the sun, as hardly anybody seemed to care for the support act. Around 8.15 GA started filling up, but then for almost an hour it seemed a constant movement of filling and emptying.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 19, 2018 17:54

The Worst.
Opening with Sympathy:
[www.youtube.com]

Thank you very much for bringing this video.
Great catching og my family and me (my wife, our two grandchildren 12 & 16 years, our daughter and me - the 3 first on their first ever Stones show) as we are guided by a guard from our obstructed seats (sec. LOW304, ROW: VV) to new, better seats on Hogan Stand. We asked kindly if we could stay in Gold S instead - No problem, and as the oldest of us (75 y) agreed that standing for 2 hours was OK we all were happy. Few minutes later we went to SUPER HAPPY as we were given PIT A wristbands and could walk into the PIT hot smiley:-) Can watch us marching to "heaven" from 5:45 ;-)

Date: May 19, 2018 18:22

Heart for Stones
The Worst.
Opening with Sympathy:
[www.youtube.com]

Thank you very much for bringing this video.
Great catching og my family and me (my wife, our two grandchildren 12 & 16 years, our daughter and me - the 3 first on their first ever Stones show) as we are guided by a guard from our obstructed seats (sec. LOW304, ROW: VV) to new, better seats on Hogan Stand. We asked kindly if we could stay in Gold S instead - No problem, and as the oldest of us (75 y) agreed that standing for 2 hours was OK we all were happy. Few minutes later we went to SUPER HAPPY as we were given PIT A wristbands and could walk into the PIT hot smiley:-) Can watch us marching to "heaven" from 5:45 ;-)

Congratulations!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 19, 2018 19:33

TornFrayedSue
I can only speak for myself, but I cannot relate to all the complaining. True, the set list was a little bit of a down point, but, for me, the only one. I guess, most of the normal concert goers are waiting for the old warhorses, and can deal with a little odd song within the set, but would be rather turned off, if they only played rarities.
I enjoyed a great concert in Croke Park, although I draw a nosebleed on my LD (708 Cusack Stand), but I have never so far experienced such friendly steward and police and extraordinary well organized event. Everybody new there job, and where to direct you, no hour long queuing, with 10 minutes I was inside. Going up to the Upper Tier I noticed I would not be able to stay there for vertigo (man, this is high up!!!) So went down and turned to a steward who directed me to customer service, where a friendly lady assured me this problem could be solved and accompanied me to a tent where another friendly lady changed our tickets to Lower 316. A wee bit far away from the stage, but I was happy. When the Stones came on, I realized, that people around me were more interested in getting food an drinks than following the action on the stage. As it was freezing cold out there, just staying in my seat, I decided to take a walk after Ride EM all Down and round people coming and going to the food and drink stands, and none of the stewards giving a damn who went in and out, so i chose to have a look into 308 found people all dancing in the aisles, clapping and singing along, so decided to stay there.
The band played tight and focused, a little glitch here and there, but hey, it is a live show, and opening night. Compared to Munich last year (did not do Hamburg) they were way better, and a huge thumbs up from me for Keith changing his set. Always preferred BTMR to Happy, and The Worst is a real treat, though I could do without Bernard's backing vocals ...

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2018 20:01

GeorgV
Some pictures from GC:

Great pics GeorgV - they put you right there in the thick of it. thumbs up
The pic of Keith shrouded in light has a spiritual/religious vibe to it...the second coming of....with all the worshippers praising the immortal and divine being...

As for reviews from the press, most if not all have been positive (and I posted a couple here), and it's always nice to read from Dean Goodman - probably my favorite writer/reviewer here on IORR.
He usually writes about the good, the bad, and the ugly in a truthful and sometimes humourous way, and this one is no exception - thanks Dean. thumbs up

Dublin reviews here:

[iorr.org]

PS. Please do not replicate reviews into these pages. IORR editor note.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-19 23:34 by bv.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 19, 2018 20:29

^ Too kind. One small typo you were too polite to mention. I WOULD (not "wouldn't" dissuade budget-minded fans from caving in. The yes/no thing is supposed to be a humorous nod to the big abortion referendum that everyone in Ireland is talking about.

Date: May 19, 2018 20:49

DeanGoodman
^ Too kind. One small typo you were too polite to mention. I WOULD (not "wouldn't" dissuade budget-minded fans from caving in. The yes/no thing is supposed to be a humorous nod to the big abortion referendum that everyone in Ireland is talking about.

OK gotcha with the "would"/"wouldn't" mix up....sounded a bit odd after mentioning the "pricing on this tour is unacceptable", but didn't read it as a typo.
I read it as you referring to budget minded folks who can get in with cheapy seats and/or Lucky Dips, and if they can get in for the lowest price, why not go for it.

But with the correction and they way you intended, perhaps another way of saying it is "overpriced, save your money for a rainy day"...

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:18

Hairball
GeorgV
Some pictures from GC:

The pic of Keith shrouded in light has a spiritual/religious vibe to it...the second coming of....with all the worshippers praising the immortal and divine being...

Thanks, glad you liked them. I didn't think of it like this when I took the photo, but I see what you mean

(quoting fixed)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-19 21:43 by GeorgV.

Date: May 19, 2018 21:29

Hairball

GeorgV
Thanks, glad you liked them. I didn't think of it like this when I took the photo, but I see what you mean

(Tried to fix quoting above)

Yes I know you probably didn't think of it like that, was just adding my own goofy thoughts as a caption. Great pics. Amen.winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:31

Hairball
Hairball

GeorgV

(Tried to fix quoting above)

Yes I know you probably didn't think of it like that, was just adding my own goofy thoughts as a caption. Great pics. Amen.winking smiley

That is a great pic indeed! thumbs up

Thanks for sharing, GeorgV!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:38

Finally got to the end of this thread, thanks for sharing your comments and pictures guys and gals !

Based on comments, videos and the Dime recording (in the "Hot Stuff" section) it seems it was rather a good show with the Stones picking things up where they left them in Paris at the end of October in very decent shape. Much better shape for sure than in the desert or in Hamburg or even in en 2012, 6 friggin' years ago ! Keith certainly isn't embarrassing himself on stage these days anymore like in 2012/2013 (yes he simplified his playing but you gotta do what you gotta do) and that's a relief for any fan.

"Neighbors" is a throwaway number but I've always liked it, possibly because of Charlie's intro drum pattern on the studio version, and it sounds really good in the Dime recording. I noticed that unlike in 2003 when Keith played the solo it's Ronnie now. Talking of Ronnie he looked bonier than ever and really really gaunt, Freddie Mercury gaunt...hope he's ok.

May they keep on rockin' for many years to come !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 19, 2018 23:46

Midnight Rambler: video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 00:03 by Heart for Stones.

Date: May 20, 2018 00:02

Just Your Fool: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:09

Just checked out a video of Neighbours. Gotta admit I was almost afraid to, having remembered how ferocious it was in 1981. But wow, I was quite impressed. They really rocked it. Not as frantic as 1981 but still pretty hot and lot of good guitar from Keith and Ronnie. They seem to be in better shape than on the first leg of this tour! Still capable of surprising us a bit!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:11

Heart for Stones

All the Best!

Mick is just amazing, how does he still do it at 75, he just blows my mind the older he gets, what an inspiration to us all, right that's it i'm back on salads and down the gym tomorrow winking smiley hot smiley

Date: May 20, 2018 00:13

HonkeyTonkFlash
Just checked out a video of Neighbours. Gotta admit I was almost afraid to, having remembered how ferocious it was in 1981. But wow, I was quite impressed. They really rocked it. Not as frantic as 1981 but still pretty hot and lot of good guitar from Keith and Ronnie. They seem to be in better shape than on the first leg of this tour! Still capable of surprising us a bit!

I actually prefer this new version to the original, which I did not like at all, when the album came out ..... this one was slower, more precise, Think, but still it really rocked!

Date: May 20, 2018 00:28

Wild Horses: video: [www.youtube.com]

All The Best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 01:18 by Heart for Stones.

Date: May 20, 2018 00:31

Before They Make Me Run: video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:36

The Worst.
[www.youtube.com]

I dunno about coming and going, I’ve stayed off all clips except ‘Worst’
but this was THRILLING first 40 secs or so then I turned it off
I hope the Twick crowd shakes their booties c’mon!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:37

Heart for Stones

All the Best!

Nice one.hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 29 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1756