Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 30 of 31
Re: Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:37

The Worst: video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:52

Satisfaction w/final bow: video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:55

Heart for Stones
The Worst: video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!
I loved this performance. He is pushing 75, the body has aged, but behind all that it is still the same Keith. Lovely
smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:57

I prefer a lot more this version of Neighbors that the one of 2003 played in Paris. This version is much wilder!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 20, 2018 01:58

john lomax
retired_dog
mpj200
It’s odd to me that people actually log in here to complain about a band in their 70’s. Set list complaints, missed notes, blah blah blah. How about complaining to God for letting them age? Between Charlie’s back and Keith’s hands, this tour is icing on a cake that should have ended years ago.

Here’s a clue. Last night was 10 times better than Hamburg.

10 times? Really? No way. All in all in Dublin they sounded as rusty as in Hamburg, but Hamburg had the better setlist.

Bullshit. Hamburg had the better set list but Dublin was a far, far better performance. In Hamburg they seemed a bit tentative and rusty- in Dublin they were super-tight, focussed and they rocked hard. I have seen them 40 times since 1995 and the Dublin show was in the top 5 for me.

Clearly falls into the "the last concert I've seen was always the best"-category. Just wait 'til after the initial enthusiasm reality starts to sink in. And seeing them 40 times since 1995 does not add any more weight to your opinion. My first show was Hyde Park 1969 and I'm not going to tell you how many times I've seen them ever since just to avoid your face from turning red. I just hate exaggerations like "ten times better" and I have mentioned "all in all" to make my point clear. OK, Dublin may have had a few lesser noticable bugs than Hamburg, I'll give you that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 01:59 by retired_dog.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 20, 2018 03:31

Paint it black - Ronnie played not the sitar-sounding guitar, you can hear. Did they use an old playback?

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 20, 2018 04:41

deardoctor

Paint it black - Ronnie played not the sitar-sounding guitar, you can hear. Did they use an old playback?

It's a montage of clips from different songs other than Paint it Black, you can see Ronnie playing both a Gibson Firebird and Les Paul (which he usually plays on Midnight Rambler) at different parts of the video.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 20, 2018 12:34

Who played the sax solo on Neighbours? Sounded really week.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 20, 2018 12:59

My Review.Dublin a quick 2 days trip well worth it had a great time..The show no complaint here.I thought the band was in fine form nice Keith changed up his 2 song's set..Neighbor's was great to hear..The crowd was well into it and i had a standing ticket everyone around me was in good spirit's and drinking them to...Stayed at the Gate hotel a 10 minute walk to Croke Park..Had to laugh when i checked in.... next to the hotel pub...Sign say's Stones after party guess i picked the right hotel to stay at....Saw many people wearing either white/green stones shirt's for the gig available at Penney's shop 9 euro i picked up 3 the next day even the ugly black t which in your hand is not so bad...Also after i wondered into a pub and a gent was selling no filter tour shirt's for 10 euro so i got one of them to...Side note hit the James Joyce museum funny 3 minute walk from the hotel also picked up Ireland Wild Atlantic Way Passport 10 euro you can get them at the Post office very cool...People loved my Green ticket got a laugh where did you get that they asked i said from a Leprechaun..Lol....No time to hit the meet up at the pub beforehand but thank's for the head's up...Decided in for Berlin!!!!!!! and Prague...Have a Great time for those going to the London gig's....Also picked up a ticket to see the Waterboy's 17 euro in August so Dublin i will be back...M

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 20, 2018 13:47

So after all is said and done, and despite all those reports and posts saying how bad the tickets were selling and everything, Sheeran putting the guys on shame, there turned up 70 000 people?

I guess the Stones and their promoters still know what they do.

- Doxa

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 20, 2018 13:55

Testify
I prefer a lot more this version of Neighbors that the one of 2003 played in Paris. This version is much wilder!

Absolutely correct! The guitars were really strong on that one. I've heared it on my first concert back in 2003, didn't like it then. But Neighbours in Dublin was a great number...

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 20, 2018 14:28

Are they still in Dublin? Anyone spotted the plane?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 20, 2018 14:56

TornFrayedSue

Looks like they flew on Sat, 19-May-2018 (16:14) from Dublin to Farnborough (17:07):

The list on [www.Flightradar24.com] says the destination was Liverpool, but it was then diverted to Lasham Airfield. In reality it looks like they flew to Farnborough, since there was the next Takeoff (18:26) of the SX-ATF (to Alesund, Norway). There was no intermediate flight from Lasham Airfield to Farnborough in the Playback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 16:10 by Irix.

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: May 20, 2018 15:12

GeorgV
Some pictures from GC:

Thank you for posting George V. I see that the back of my head (with hat - next to the blue shirt with....NES) made the cut in the first photo.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 20, 2018 16:10

Doxa wrote: "So after all is said and done, and despite all those reports and posts saying how bad the tickets were selling and everything, Sheeran putting the guys on shame, there turned up 70 000 people? I guess the Stones and their promoters still know what they do".

Yes. As I already noted, it's impressive the fact that they attracted 70,000 people, charging these prices in a country that lived a kind of austerity for years (and maybe still lives it, I don't know), in bad timing, while a part of the Press was configuring a really bad mood, bad atmosphere, with articles about the prices being so high (not unfair comments, I have to admit). And about the Stones facing the danger of a real disaster. But...

Their popularity is bigger than people's anger for the prices the charge. An 70,000 audience is a clear proof, IMO.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 17:35

I grabbed a couple of those €9 Penney’s Tees yesterday at noon just before heading for the airport. I’m 1.74m and quite slim yet the Large size black event tee I got on Friday was too tight and I had to return on Saturday to swap for an XL. However, a single green XL event Tee in my size had mysteriously appeared in the interim so I got that one too.

The material is much thinner than usual Merch Tees and it will be very interesting to see what my washing machine does to it....winking smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 20, 2018 17:42

ChrisMahavishnu
deardoctor

It's a montage of clips from different songs other than Paint it Black, you can see Ronnie playing both a Gibson Firebird and Les Paul (which he usually plays on Midnight Rambler) at different parts of the video.

The audio is from Hyde Park 2013.

Date: May 20, 2018 19:35

Neighbours [www.youtube.com] has some glitches but overall awesome with magic moments [youtu.be] and [youtu.be]

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:44

don't usually watch live clips on youtube, but quite impressed with
neighbors and gimme shelter. shelter grinded rather than
soared, but in a good way, and sasha is great i think

i join what i think is the consensus: for a first show, with a late-to-the-party
crowd, excellent overall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 19:45 by rev20.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 20, 2018 21:54

kowalski
ChrisMahavishnu
deardoctor

Thanks for the infos! So they used Hyde Park. That´s pretty fake

The audio is from Hyde Park 2013.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 20, 2018 22:17

Irix
TornFrayedSue

Looks like they flew on Sat, 19-May-2018 (16:14) from Dublin to Farnborough (17:07):

The list on [www.Flightradar24.com] says the destination was Liverpool, but it was then diverted to Lasham Airfield. In reality it looks like they flew to Farnborough, since there was the next Takeoff (18:26) of the SX-ATF (to Alesund, Norway). There was no intermediate flight from Lasham Airfield to Farnborough in the Playback.

Thanks a lot. Last year there was a lot more observation going on about their arrival and departure. Maybe it is because the plane this time has not adequate painting on it winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2018 05:06

Its great to experience the show thru my friends posting pics, videos and reviews. So thanks for posting. By all accounts (aside from setlist whining) THE ROLLING STONES ROCK AND RULE!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:01

Is it just me or is something (the French horn) really out of tune on YCAGWYW intro?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:56

still on a bit of a high from Thursday gig. It was so so good. Any Bootleg recordings of the gig pass them this way.

Heres a pic i took of the merch. Got the Yellow Tongue shirt and a programme €55.Beware the medium is quite long and baggy

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 21, 2018 18:45

Wasn't there but based on some clips I did see : Ride Ém On Down and Gimme Shelter were great. (I'm going To Prague btw)

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 18:51

What a shame to see all the cell phones pointed at the band. I get it, I even do it to on occasion but it just really kills the vibe and blocks the views. Such a distraction. Put the cell phones down and enjoy the show...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 23, 2018 00:55

Maybe posted before...here´s a drone´s view:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 23, 2018 01:30

TooTough

Maybe posted before...here´s a drone´s view:

Before the show: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 23, 2018 20:28

strat72
I have not bought tickets for this tour, and we will only attend if we can pick some up at a sensible price. As much as I love them, I can admit that they are greedy old goats.........

However, if you didn't go to this show, shut the f**k up with your thoughts on how they played, or what they played, or what you think about the standard of their musicianship. Nobody wants to hear your s**t ramblings based on the fact that you have watched some crappy mobile phone videos on Youtube. D**ks......

If you were at the show, I'm sure everyone would love to hear your thoughts on the show, whether they are positive or negative.

What crawled up your ass? There are plenty of people here who are interested in discussing how they played, what they played, etc. who haven’t attend the shows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 20:29 by HomerSimpson.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 27, 2018 16:55

My personal video from Pit A,against the fence, but this one is “full HD”.

Start Me Up

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 17:18 by Christiaan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 30 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home