Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31
Re: Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:33

stonehearted
keithsman
SMU. Mick forgets the words and i don't have words to describe Ronnie's solo.

[www.youtube.com]

The sound is too muddled in that vid to judge.

Tempo seemed OK.

So this tour Ronnie and Mick are the weak links, but Keith is OK?

Haven't heard any complaints about Keith in this thread, which is great.

Last tour he had me worried.
Haha. It's still early...

Rolling Stones - Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:34

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:34

Hi all. I was in the pit (Keith side) - got two great videos of neighbours and the worst will post when I can. Overall I thought it was decent - not outstanding but decent. First thoughts:

Surprised they kept sympathy opener - doesn’t have the same menace in the light (ditto for paint it Black which was earlier in the set).

I thought Keith played well - the first sympathy solo is as good as I’ve heard (and can expect) during this 2012 onwards period.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that the set was 19 not 20 like no filter part one - and didn’t disappointed that the “extended first set of the tour” didn’t materialise.

My guess is they are going to spread the rarities throughout the tour this time rather than one gig getting 2-3 (eg Hamburg) they will all get one. Tonight was neighbours, maybe monkey man will be Tuesday.

Crowd was decent - not so lively as others. Quite a bit of space in the pit - not as in big gaps - but everyone just had a little more personal space even at the front as it wasn’t tightly packed.

As is always going to be case from now until they stop - gigs are increasingly about the interaction and atmosphere amongst fans and the band and less about the set list.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:36

The Sicilian
Irix
Real Live-Setlist so far:

1. Sympathy For The Devil
2. Tumbling Dice
3. Paint It Black
4. Just Your Fool
5. Ride'em On Down
6. Neighbours
7. Wild Horses
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. It's Only Rock'n Roll
10. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band Introductions ---
11. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12. The Worst (Keith)
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Start Me Up
16. Jumping Jack Flash

I just got home from work and seeing this for the first time. I see the cowbell at number 10, that's demoralizing. This is a bad setlist. They should just book a run at Vegas. What a major disappointment. How can they continue to con people with this.

There's no con. This was a tight, focussed set list. I thought it worked really well and the playing tonight was great - band are on top form.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:38

Date: May 18, 2018 02:40

Posted by: bleedingman ()

john lomax
keithsman
bleedingman
Keith needs to let "Sympathy" go. He's fast approaching the state Chuck Berry was in at the end and he's relatively much younger. He doesn't even think about the solo so why bother? Sad.

Correction, MICK needs to let Sympathy go, remember Mick decides what songs are played.

Keith's playing on Sympathy was great - WTF are you talking about?? I am a guitarist by the way and I was impressed with his playing tonight.

How long have you been playing? I've been playing 41 years, in no small part thanks to Keith. Love his solo albums. His solos in the original Beggar's and Ya Yas are classic. I want to cry when I hear these half-dozen notes played to death. To each his own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 02:41 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:41

video: [youtu.be] Ride em on Down

Date: May 18, 2018 02:42

My thoughts:

- band seemed tight, focussed and well-rehearsed
- lots of smiles and good vibes within the band
- Ronnie played a blinder - probably the best I have ever seen him
- awesome harp from Mick. And vocals and performance great as usuAl
- no long gaps between songs - it felt like a tightly rehearsed set list
- really liked tumbling dice at number two - glad they shuffled things around
- sound quality in gold circle was excellent
- only downside was they didn't play street fighting man

Date: May 18, 2018 02:42

The Worst video: [youtu.be]

Date: May 18, 2018 02:43

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:44

GJB
Hi all. I was in the pit (Keith side) - got two great videos of neighbours and the worst will post when I can. Overall I thought it was decent - not outstanding but decent. First thoughts:

Surprised they kept sympathy opener - doesn’t have the same menace in the light (ditto for paint it Black which was earlier in the set).

I thought Keith played well - the first sympathy solo is as good as I’ve heard (and can expect) during this 2012 onwards period.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that the set was 19 not 20 like no filter part one - and didn’t disappointed that the “extended first set of the tour” didn’t materialise.

My guess is they are going to spread the rarities throughout the tour this time rather than one gig getting 2-3 (eg Hamburg) they will all get one. Tonight was neighbours, maybe monkey man will be Tuesday.

Crowd was decent - not so lively as others. Quite a bit of space in the pit - not as in big gaps - but everyone just had a little more personal space even at the front as it wasn’t tightly packed.

As is always going to be case from now until they stop - gigs are increasingly about the interaction and atmosphere amongst fans and the band and less about the set list.

Thanks for the honest review GJB - good to hear from someone who was there.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:44

Just Your Fool video: [youtu.be]

Date: May 18, 2018 02:45

Date: May 18, 2018 02:47

You Can't Always Get What You Want video: [youtu.be]

Date: May 18, 2018 02:47

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:49

GJB

thumbs up

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:51

I have not bought tickets for this tour, and we will only attend if we can pick some up at a sensible price. As much as I love them, I can admit that they are greedy old goats.........

However, if you didn't go to this show, shut the f**k up with your thoughts on how they played, or what they played, or what you think about the standard of their musicianship. Nobody wants to hear your s**t ramblings based on the fact that you have watched some crappy mobile phone videos on Youtube. D**ks......

If you were at the show, I'm sure everyone would love to hear your thoughts on the show, whether they are positive or negative.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:51

bleedingman
john lomax
keithsman
bleedingman
Keith needs to let "Sympathy" go. He's fast approaching the state Chuck Berry was in at the end and he's relatively much younger. He doesn't even think about the solo so why bother? Sad.

Correction, MICK needs to let Sympathy go, remember Mick decides what songs are played.

Keith's playing on Sympathy was great - WTF are you talking about?? I am a guitarist by the way and I was impressed with his playing tonight.

How long have you been playing? I've been playing 41 years, in no small part thanks to Keith. Love his solo albums. His solos in the original Beggar's and Ya Yas are classic. I want to cry when I hear these half-dozen notes played to death. To each his own.

I have been playing 35 years. And I have a band and we have released 4 albums and played about 1,000 gigs. Look, Keith's solos tonight weren't' Joe Satriani (thank god). His solo in Sympathy wasn't the album solo, but it sounded fine, no bum notes and there were some nice licks. Apart from the 1969 tour (when he was 25 years old) when has he ever played a blinding solo on Sympathy?? And in any event it's possible that the Sympathy solo on Ya YA's was overdubbed in the studio anyway. Look, I have been super critical of Keith(and Ronnie) in the past - I have seen some truly horrendous gigs where I have felt like they were playing like shit and just taking the piss - but I really thought that they played well tonight - it was the focus and tightness/interaction that impressed me. I accept that Keith ain't Eric Clapton, but he never was.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:55

Promoman2
video: [youtu.be] Ride em on Down

What a great tight & focused version. Ronnie's solo is a highlight.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:59

john lomax
bleedingman
john lomax
keithsman
bleedingman

I have been playing 35 years. And I have a band and we have released 4 albums and played about 1,000 gigs. Look, Keith's solos tonight weren't' Joe Satriani (thank god). His solo in Sympathy wasn't the album solo, but it sounded fine, no bum notes and there were some nice licks. Apart from the 1969 tour (when he was 25 years old) when has he ever played a blinding solo on Sympathy?? And in any event it's possible that the Sympathy solo on Ya YA's was overdubbed in the studio anyway. Look, I have been super critical of Keith(and Ronnie) in the past - I have seen some truly horrendous gigs where I have felt like they were playing like shit and just taking the piss - but I really thought that they played well tonight - it was the focus and tightness/interaction that impressed me. I accept that Keith ain't Eric Clapton, but he never was.

Well said. I too play guitar and Keith is really the only reason why. I've always loved his approach to playing, his sense of rhythm and space i.e. when not to play are unparalleled. Never been a big fan of the flurry of notes coming at me so fast I cannot process them. Meanwhile, Keith just pours so much emotion into his, however few there may be and I love it.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 18, 2018 03:00

john lomax
bleedingman
john lomax
keithsman
bleedingman

Great to hear you are working and recording. Hope you are doing well. Were you at this show? I think Keith sucks now, just me. I will always appreciate his light but for me he's fading and I'm pretty much done.

Re: Rolling Stones - Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 18, 2018 03:02

bye bye johnny

Mick is wearing the same shirt here as the picture for the home page of this website, from the last tour. Not like him to re-cycle garmets.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 18, 2018 03:03

Keith looks to be in good form.

Playing well and singing well.

Date: May 18, 2018 03:05

Before They Make Me Run video: [youtu.be]

Date: May 18, 2018 03:06