Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 31
Re: Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:47

So much negativity here.

No surprises? Noobody knew they are gonna do Neighbours and The Worst, until we saw the rehearsal list.

Only 19 songs? Lots of shows if not most shows since Bigger Bang have been 19 songs only. Cuba was 18 songs.

And maybe not so quick sales, bad public transport made them decide to get the goodies (like SFM) out in a few days in London prehaps.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:48

DREAMTIME
nothing that will help sales - a disappointment

Nah.
They’re not going to give a shite,
and BRING IT to England.
Wait and See.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:49

KeithNacho
Yes it's just me. IMHO Elvi's Vegas era was much more honest than this wasted group.
Just hear Hampton, even Tokyo 1990, even 1997 and 1999.........The only amazing thing is the spectacular decline in the guitar section
Rolling Sones music is based in KR guitar. Now wguitar playing is just a joke, below beginner level in many, too much times
In spanish, una tomadura de pelo y un abuso

Um, Hampton they were in their 30's. Tokyo '90 they were still in their 40's. Even 1999, almost 20 years ago and basically still young in their 50's. Come on, they are all in their 70's now, SEVENTIES, and they are supposed to still be at the same level as when in their 30's, 40's, or even 50's?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:51

Forgive me but it is quite ridiculous to judge a concert at home sitting on the sofa looking for a decent source on youtube. The concerts are another thing and can be judged only by going there. Very ridiculous ...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:51

I don't understand the negativity either.

Not played during NF1:
Neighbors
Wild Horses
Before They Make Me Run
The Worst

And I think Keith played quite well compared to Hamburg last year. This will be a great tour.

Re: Rolling Stones - Dublin Ireland 17-May-2018
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:52

bye bye johnny

Great photo you posted of all of them!

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:53

rev20
keithsman
rev20
i always like ronnie's deconstructed solos on SMU, and this one is
no exception. bet it sounds cool to not just me in proper quality

I think Ronnie's gone from the sublime to the ridiculous on this solo.

and back again. that's what i think i mean by "deconstructed". always
teetering on the edge of disaster. fun. like sonic youth or something.
but not gloomy. not that i know very much about sonic youth

flirting with disaster, its more of a jazz solo thing than a blues thing.
and keith does a lot of it too, on a good night.

keith does it with (mostly) proper notes, but on SMU ronnie is bending things all
over the place, which is what i get a kick out of

(mick had lunch with ed sheeran, 5 days til the next stones show, so
i'm hoping mick guests with ed now)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 02:06 by rev20.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:54

Miss You sounds good to me. I dig the sax !

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:55

KeithNacho
Yes it's just me. IMHO Elvi's Vegas era was much more honest than this wasted group.
Just hear Hampton, even Tokyo 1990, even 1997 and 1999.........The only amazing thing is the spectacular decline in the guitar section
Rolling Sones music is based in KR guitar. Now wguitar playing is just a joke, below beginner level in many, too much times

it's too bad they let blondie chaplin go. he's a great musician & was good to have around if someone was having a bad night on guitar. it happens to the best of them except maybe jeff beck haha.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:01

crholmstrom
it's too bad they let blondie chaplin go. he's a great musician & was good to have around if someone was having a bad night on guitar.

It's too bad they let Mick Taylor go...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 02:14 by ThePaleRider.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:07

No negativity, it is great if the Stones and their audience have a good time: But why the hell does Ron Wood mess up the little SMU solo like this?

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:09

windmelody
No negativity, it is great if the Stones and their audience have a good time: But why the hell does Ron Wood mess up the little SMU solo like this?

Maybe he doesn't play too well sober. lol.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:11

After 4 great Europe shows I attended last year, this set list may have put me off going to Southampton or Coventry.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:11

You know what?
Bjornulf deserved every single one of those rehearsal songs all to himself.
What a great story, it’s like just a magical sprinkle of clues solely for the hardest working fan for decades:
[stoneslife.org]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:12

Keith needs to let "Sympathy" go. He's fast approaching the state Chuck Berry was in at the end and he's relatively much younger. He doesn't even think about the solo so why bother? Sad.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:13

JN99
KeithNacho

Um, Hampton they were in their 30's. Tokyo '90 they were still in their 40's. Even 1999, almost 20 years ago and basically still young in their 50's. Come on, they are all in their 70's now, SEVENTIES, and they are supposed to still be at the same level as when in their 30's, 40's, or even 50's?

I totally agree, even Eric Clapton who is a few years younger than Keith is a shadow of the player he was 10 years ago, its unrealistic to expect them to play like they did 20 or 30 years ago.
I think Keith sounds better than in a long time, i was a bit disappointed with his second solo on SFTD though, he was ten times better in rehearsal, but that might be first night sober nerves.
I mean credit where credit's due, on the evidence tonight, Keith is much improved and he will only get better as this tour progresses..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:14

raphph
After 4 great Europe shows I attended last year, this set list may have put me off going to Southampton or Coventry.

At least in Coventry you can see The Specials as openers, but then again you could see them elsewehere in a smaller venue for a fraction of the price.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:18

bleedingman
Keith needs to let "Sympathy" go. He's fast approaching the state Chuck Berry was in at the end and he's relatively much younger. He doesn't even think about the solo so why bother? Sad.

Correction, MICK needs to let Sympathy go, remember Mick decides what songs are played.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:18

Chris85
crholmstrom

have noticed on recent tours the setlists tend to shrink as the tour goes on. starting at 19 not a good sign.

This was my first thought as I read the setlist upon waking up this morning (Sydney time). Is a 16-17 song setlist on the cards by the time this tour ends?

Meaning they cut one or both B & L songs, and/or the Neighbors slot?

Date: May 18, 2018 02:20

keithsman
bleedingman

Correction, MICK needs to let Sympathy go, remember Mick decides what songs are played.

If they did away with every song they can't play well anymore, that wouldn't leave much of a setlist left.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:22

Are there that many trolls on this forum or is it the same one posting under different names? There's a thread dedicated to playlist complaining btw.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:23

If they did every song on Hot Rocks (21 total) at the length of the original tracks, it would take 85 minutes. They could add the 12 extra tracks from Rewind and do 33 classics in less than 2 1/2 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 02:24 by Send It To me.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:24

Hairball
raphph

At least in Coventry you can see The Specials as openers, but then again you could see them elsewehere in a smaller venue for a fraction of the price.

i'm gathering that the ticket prices were really bad this year again. i usually avoid those kind of shows. last year saw u2 & roger waters. neither of those shows was out of control expensive. especially the waters show & he had 1 of the best presentations (both sound & visuals) that i've ever seen. i did bite on fleetwood mac this year. they weren't as expensive as feared & have to see neil finn. fleetwood wasn't cheap but not out of control. i got some pearl jam tickets too. by the time tickmaster worked their special magic, those were almost $300 for a pair. not so much with these bands but touring is the only way for a lot of bands to make money nowadays. add increased insurance costs etc & it is getting harder for your everyday musicians to make money. things seem to be going backwards in that regards. really have to be increasingly picky about where my concert dollars go. at least the stones aren't doing festivals. hope they play my part of the world 1 more time but i won't be burdened with any unrealistic expectations.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:26

Hairball
keithsman
bleedingman

If they did away with every song they can't play well anymore, that wouldn't leave much of a setlist left.

I have to be honest, i can't believe men in their mid to late 70's are still playing Stadium Rock. It's phenomenal really, a major miracle every time they do it.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:27

Send It To me
If they did every song on Hot Rocks (21 total) at the length of the original tracks, it would take 85 minutes. They could add the 12 extra tracks from Rewind and do 33 classics in less than 2 1/2 hours.

I would pay $100 to see that! thumbs up

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:28

Hairball
keithsman
Bjorn
A sober Keith makes the shows!!!

I agree, he was too old to pull off the drinking last year, his playing is so much more focused tonight, and its the first show, this could be a fantastic UK tour and hopefully they can bow out on top of their game.

Based on the setlist, the top of their game was decades ago.
Asisde from a couple of recent blues covers, the newest tune is 24 years old (The Worst) and after that 37 year old tunes from Tattoo You.[/quot

Bullshit. This was an exceptional gig. Super tight, incredibly focussed, the entire band on top form. Probably the best I have ever see Ronnie play - he was fantastic. But they all were. Mick's singing was great but his harp playing was even better. Keith was focussed and playing great, and his vocals on both of his songs were wonderful. I have seen the Stones 40 times and O would put tonight's how in my top 5. The negativity needs to stop - they are seriously on form!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:29

kowalski
Are there that many trolls on this forum or is it the same one posting under different names? There's a thread dedicated to playlist complaining btw.
Here here. Looking forward to my three shows with combination of kids, partner and friends and GA, seat, lucky dip at an average of 60 quid a ticket. 19 songs, 18 songs whatever, it’s the f*cking stones and we’re blessed they’re still around and playing. Quit moaning and enjoy. Roll on Tuesday night.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:31

windmelody

It was fine. But rather than being negative, why don't you focus on all the other amazing solos and other guitar work tonight. Ronnie was brilliant on Rambler, fantastic on Wild Horses, and his solo on Neigjbours was easily as good as 81.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:31

Irix
Real Live-Setlist so far:

1. Sympathy For The Devil
2. Tumbling Dice
3. Paint It Black
4. Just Your Fool
5. Ride'em On Down
6. Neighbours
7. Wild Horses
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. It's Only Rock'n Roll
10. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band Introductions ---
11. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12. The Worst (Keith)
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Start Me Up
16. Jumping Jack Flash

I just got home from work and seeing this for the first time. I see the cowbell at number 10, that's demoralizing. This is a bad setlist. They should just book a run at Vegas. What a major disappointment. How can they continue to con people with this.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:33

keithsman
bleedingman

Keith's playing on Sympathy was great - WTF are you talking about?? I am a guitarist by the way and I was impressed with his playing tonight.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 31

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home