Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best Rolling Stones Books
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:25

'Rolling Stones an Unauthorized Biography in Words, Photographs, and Music' by David Dalton, 1972. I no longer have the book but it's available. Had some great stories about Brian and his lifestyle and demise. Really brought me up to speed on the band.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 19, 2018 23:20

Deltics
jlowe
Rockman
Read all the Oldham books ... they're good value

Yes, agree totally.
I was hoping for a 'Stoned 3' as Volume 2 seemed to tail off in the mid 60s.
So nothing much about the Klein 'takeover' and the Immediate years...then the decades of virtual silence.

There are chapters on Allen Klein and the sorry saga of Immediate in ALO's "Stone Free" published in 2012.

Yes, true but...
Stone Free is more a collection of pen pictures of Rock Managers, actually a very entertaining read in its own way.
What is really lacking in all the books (even Prince Ruperts) is the full detail of the Klein/Oldham behind the scenes business dealings. For example, were the group ever given the opportunity to buy those copyrights and masters? The Beatles have detailed books on the sorry Northern Songs saga. But the group lost rights to both recordings AND publishing. Even by rock's low standards, that is pretty bad.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 20, 2018 12:53

I enjoyed old God's almost dead,even though I've read reviews where some things are inaccurate about recording dates but overall it's a good read in my opinion

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home