Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith and Mick interview on BBC4's Today - May 15
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:18

Interview starts on 1:43:00: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Keith and Mick interview on BBC4's Today - May 15
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:40

Keith political at 1:49:07 ..... wau

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:38

well, if it wasn't Keith and Mick those comments would be banned by bv…winking smiley

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 15, 2018 20:52

ANYWAY TO LISTEN TO THIS NOW, WAS IT RECORDED?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 15, 2018 21:20

It was recorded, and can be heard at the link above.

Thanks, Cristiano.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:06

They was on radio 5 ( BBC) around 18.40 tonight.

Don't know if it was the same interview.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:08

What did he say that was political?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:10

Keith said that America should get rid of Trump.

The quote has been picked up by the major news agencies.

Keith's comment had its intended effect:

Now everyone knows the Stones are back out on tour.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:31

The British musician, who has lived in Connecticut for decades, recalled Tuesday that the last time he became angry was in 1989 — in a row concerning Trump when the band was on the road for its "Steel Wheels" tour.

"(Donald Trump) was the promoter for us in Atlantic City and we got to Atlantic City and (it was billed as) Donald Trump presents… the Rolling Stones (was written) in miniature," he told BBC Radio 4's "Today" program.

"We never have much to do with promoters but this one got me. That was the last time I got angry, I pulled out my trusty blade and stuck it in the table and said: 'You've got to get rid of this man.'"

Now, it's the U.S. that has the problem, Richards suggested. "Now America has to get rid of him. Don't say I didn't warn you," he added.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:57

Cheap publicity for the tour both literally and otherwise. I never thought there was anything cool about this showing the blade crap but at a time when kids are being stabbed on a daily basis in the UK it sounds more crass than ever.

Date: May 15, 2018 23:39

rev20
keefriff99
"Now America has to get rid of Trump. Don't say I didn't warn you,"

This quote has an interesting double meaning.

It obviously seems to refer to now

But it also clearly refers to a somewhat famous interview Keith gave in mid-2015.
In that interview Keith said, "Donald Trump as president? Worst nightmare, right?
But don't laugh, it could happen"

Full quote from the interview with Billboard's Hugo Lindgren:

"I do find him refreshing. He’s cut through a lot of crap, and eventually ... well, can you imagine President Trump? The worst nightmare. But we can’t say that. Because it could happen. This is one of the wonders of this country. Who would’ve thought Ronald Reagan could be president?"

Date: May 16, 2018 00:10

Interview can be found here. Fast forward to 1:43:00 as noted previously.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 16, 2018 00:16

Big bad Keith stuck a knife in a table,in a private room where no one could see it of course (except for his lackeys)and then told someone else to go talk to the guy.
I often wonder if the crew and his bodyguards laugh at Keith behind his back.
If he’s willing to use these knives and guns he’s always playing with,why the security guards?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 16, 2018 00:30

Ya should kick-up about burnt toast Keith .... charcoal aint good for ya ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 16, 2018 00:57

Wonder if he had the black mascara on to really let those Atlantic City guys know he meant business,love Keith but c’mon man.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 16, 2018 01:16

At least he didn't comment on Trump's hands.

Date: May 16, 2018 01:29

Yeah warn Keith about the health dangers of burnt toast then close it

ROCKMAN

Date: May 16, 2018 02:09

I was waiting for the Keith brigade to show up.do you guys have a hotline you call or an app that lets you know if he’s insulted or disparaged in any way?
No problem with his politics,millions have the same view but that knife story is embarrassing.
It reminds me of Barney Fife-hands on hips,”yeah Andy,I had to show em who’s the boss around here”

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2018 02:44

- (I was going to write something here but I don't dare. So I settle with this.)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2018 02:50

I don't think he meant that in a morbid way. Removed from power rather, I think.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 16, 2018 02:55

Keith quote from "Shine A Light": "Hey, Clinton, I'm Bushed!" So deep.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2018 03:12

Like Mick's comments from the interview as well.
Keith of course is spot on. Good on him for speaking truth.

They have every right to take shots at him of course, especially after ignoring their requests to cease and desist using their music during the campaign
(and he's still using it at his "rallies").

[thehill.com]
"The Rolling Stones’s frontman Mick Jagger also knocked Trump in Tuesday’s BBC interview for playing the band’s 1969 classic, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” without their permission during his 2016 White House bid.

"He used it on everything. He used it on every rally through the election campaign,” Jagger, 74, said.

“I wasn't the DJ, obviously,” Jagger said, but, “it’s a funny song for your play-out song.”

“So when he finished the speech, he played this out on this sort of doomy ballad about drugs in Chelsea,” Jagger continued.

“It's kind of weird if you think about it, but he couldn't be persuaded to use something else. That was an odd thing, really odd."

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 16, 2018 04:58

lem motlow
Big bad Keith stuck a knife in a table,in a private room where no one could see it of course (except for his lackeys)and then told someone else to go talk to the guy.
I often wonder if the crew and his bodyguards laugh at Keith behind his back.
If he’s willing to use these knives and guns he’s always playing with,why the security guards?

He told Cohl .. "Either you go tell him to leave .. or 'I'LL' go tell him to leave' .. Cohl obliged

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 16, 2018 05:02

bleedingman
I try to separate artists from their politics but if Keith said that he can go f*ck himself. I can't seem to find the interview but did he say why we should "get rid" of our President? These are turbulent times and I will never spend another dime on Keith or the Stones if this is true.

Lol .. guy .. I think you are taking this Waaaaaay to hard.

It's a comment .. it's an opinion. I'm sure you don't agree with Keith on many other things ..

Why let it interfear with him as a musician in your eyes and ears. I don't think about KR the political dude .. It is simply some remarks .. He never liked Trump .. well before his run for President.

Again .. I think you are taking this far too seriously .. far too hard.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 16, 2018 05:44

bleedingman
I try to separate artists from their politics but if Keith said that he can go f*ck himself. I can't seem to find the interview but did he say why we should "get rid" of our President? These are turbulent times and I will never spend another dime on Keith or the Stones if this is true.

As someone already said,... bye Felicia! The band is allowed to speak their opinion on politics. And they ALL hate Trump. Get over it or nor. Who cares?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 16, 2018 07:21

It’s always laughable to hear pampered rich people tell us what we should think or do. Kind of like when Keith was lecturing us how we should not be afraid of opening the borders to any and all comers. That thread got deleted too

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2018 07:38

Not a fan of Trump, but Keith would be better off spending more time rehearsing and/or rambling on incoherently about recording new music instead of trying to appear "dangerous" with his blade.

Date: May 16, 2018 08:29

Its just not in any way part of the real world.and these goofy sounding reasons-
he put our name in small letters on the marquee and used our press room” ,this is a reason to assault someone with a deadly weapon only if you suffer from mental illness or have a history of extreme violence toward others,Keith has neither.it’s another fairy tale.

Ronnie actually wrote in his book that he was asked by Peter Grant and the other members of Zep to replace Jimmy Page.
The only thing I can imagine being funnier than watching Keith try to fight or use a weapon in an actual conflict is the moment they handed Ronnie the double neck and said ,”OK Song remains the same,hit it”
You have to wonder if they believe their own bullshit or not,

Date: May 16, 2018 08:33

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 16, 2018 08:43

Stoneage
Trump doesn't seem to have a big support in show biz though. Have you heard of any artists supporting him Bleedingman? Apart from Kid Rock and Ted Nugent?

Kanye West

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home