Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Westword
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: May 14, 2018 22:08

Is anyone a fan of the series? In season one there was a very pretty orchestral version of Paint it Black...can't remember the episode offhand. And last night, season two, episode 4 they played Play with Fire. I love the series, but it's rather confusing I must admit. Good music though!!

Re: Westworld
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 14, 2018 22:15

Bellajane

Is anyone a fan of the series?

No, but I like the 1973 original with Yul Brynner, also the successor Futureworld from 1976 ....

Re: Westword
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 14, 2018 23:30

Like it. My daughter informed the same writer did Jurasic Park and Westworld, kind of makes sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 23:34 by Maindefender.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 15, 2018 00:49

Westworld is a great show. It is complicated to follow but the violence and the high tech displayed make the show visually very enternaining.I like the complicated part more than what grabs the eyes. That first scene of show #4 of season 2 called "The riddle of the Sphinx"is rollingstones friendly.Great opening with pavlovian kick warranty for rolling stones fanatics!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: May 15, 2018 00:57

It's very difficult to follow and I find myself watching each episode several times. Never get bored. This season it's difficult figuring out Bernard's loops and memories in particular. Especially true in last night's episode. Glad Elsie is alive. I love her character!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2018 01:08

No not yet .... still working my way to the final episode of Dallas ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 15, 2018 01:12

Irix
Bellajane

No, but I like the 1973 original with Yul Brynner, also the successor Futureworld from 1976 ....

Agree on the original Yul Brynner Westworld, it was a great flick for it's time period! Disagree on FutureWorld, to me that one was really poor.

I did watch Season 1 of the HBO series, it is decent, but not great. The acting is excellent, but the story & pace moves pretty slow overall, and there are too many things that annoy me ... such as the robots having sex w/ each other, or the fact that the guests can (and have) stabbed robots to kill them (there is protection from shooting other guests, but you can't protect against stabbing them, so there is no way to be sure you aren't actually stabbing a real person!! Yet they do it anyway).

Season 2, don't know yet, i have them queued up in the DVR, I'll get around to starting it soon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 15, 2018 12:15

Bellajane
Is anyone a fan of the series? In season one there was a very pretty orchestral version of Paint it Black...can't remember the episode offhand. And last night, season two, episode 4 they played Play with Fire. I love the series, but it's rather confusing I must admit. Good music though!!

Really like the series but episode 2 in the second series lost me a bit and I had two rewind several times to check my understanding of what was going on. But Dolores - what - what a gal!

Date: May 15, 2018 16:46

Well Dolores is now Wyatt. Their personalities have been merged. So I guess she's both personas now. She still recalls her father and being the rancher's daughter. But she certainly is out for blood this season! All of the chaos this season is a new narrative IMO. I really don't understand how the weapons have become lethal to humans. Only the hosts could be killed by humans or by one another before. Wonder if there will be a third season...really don't see how at this point since everything is bent on destruction. Plus I read that the series is very expensive to produce. We're not even halfway through, so who knows.

Date: May 15, 2018 22:19

Irix
Bellajane

Don't know if it stood the test of time, but I remember it very well. Brrr..shouldn't become reality.smoking smiley

The making of West Worl with Yul Brynner being interviewed.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 16, 2018 03:44

I just started the series and the Stones song was in the very first episode.

Date: May 16, 2018 18:05

They've used 2 Stones' songs already in the series. Someone's a fan. Maybe there will be more. I just read that HBO has renewed it for a third season. So much madness and mayhem...just love it!smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home