Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: IORR members fighting cancer.
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 02:25

Hey Homer, I'm wishing you that you will get to see them some more times over the years to come!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2019 02:28

Homer, I survived throat cancer. It wasn't the cancer, but the treatment that's still pulling me down a bit. (Or I just got old). I wish you the best, and for anyone who has to fight cancer. Someday soon we'll turn the corner and people will be either vaccinated for treated easily. Charlie had it. Bill had it. It's cruel, but stay strong.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 6, 2019 06:50

My wife died of triple negative breast cancer in September of 2017.

I found out what it means when people that have lost their loved one commit suicide because of the hole in their heart - I wavered on that fence for 4 solid months, literally night and day. I faced that.

It hurt. It almost ruined me.

Not sure if that is relevant but a few other people in the family lost loved ones to cancer - I'm surrounded by loss. SE Louisiana is not exactly... it's just really really weird.

I know it's good to be alive... but I learned how sad it can be to be alive while dealing with cancer.

It changed my life.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 6, 2019 07:26

GasLightStreet

I found out what it means when people that have lost their loved one commit suicide because of the hole in their heart - I wavered on that fence for 4 solid months, literally night and day. I faced that.

Not sure if that is relevant but a few other people in the family lost loved ones to cancer - I'm surrounded by loss. SE Louisiana is not exactly... it's just really really weird.

I know it's good to be alive... but I learned how sad it can be to be alive while dealing with cancer.

It changed my life.

We are dealing with Stage 3 too (I think that’s what you mean). We were going to enjoy retirement and travel then this happened to us immediately after I quit work. We are keeping positive. That’s what ya have to do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 07:33 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 6, 2019 08:32

You hang in there Homer. My thoughts ,& prayers are with you. I've lost 12 to 14 people to the big C, one my best friend. It hurts when I think of them.God bless.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 6, 2019 13:52

May The Lord Bless You Homer!!!! You are such a FIGHTER!!!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 6, 2019 14:05

God Bless you all...
Keep Going and Keep Smiling.

Posted by: knifeblade ()
Date: April 6, 2019 17:25

As a dosimetrist I treated cancer for sixteen years. Yes it can be debilitating and disfiguring, but I have seen some miracles. Most people don't realize is that radiation continues to work after treatment, that is why it takes time to recover.
Homer the best to you and the family on your recovery. It will take time but be patient.You have already beat the odds so keep rollin those tumbling dice.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 6, 2019 17:34

Yes thanks for posting that is uplifting.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 6, 2019 17:43

Wishing you all good things Homer, including a show. Hugs to you and yours.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 6, 2019 18:15

Homer, what steffialicia said, all my best.

GasLightStreet, so glad you hung in there. Sounds difficult.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:27

I went through my own cancer ordeal back in 2013, stage 3 colon. I discovered it thinking I might have had hemorrhoids but it turned up to be that. Went through surgery, God damn chemo and the works.

Cancer certainly changes you to appreciate life and treasure everything possible, it did for me at least. I live in Turkey and there isn't any support group to share or a crying shoulder so it was all myself, tough one I have to say. I remember during chemotherapy I started running and that helped me so so much in so many ways to bounce back the crazy chemo and the aftermath.

I can go on and on but that's my short story. Be safe my friend and I hope you stay with your family and friends for a long time, I certainly hope so!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:49

Hello,

I can offer sod-all other than my very warmest wishes to all you fantastic folk...thinking of you...keep on!

All the bestest,

Simon.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:50

thankfully ive not had cancer, my father beat it twice, my mother lost her life at 64 to lung cancer. the loss never really go,s even though it was 14 years ago.

i myself have had a huge problem with an inguinal hernia. because of the physical nature of my job i had to go off work and wait 8 month for keyhole surgery, i lost my fitness and concentration and basically my ability to do my job.

i got back to work 10 month after going off but didnt know then the mesh implant had moved out of place early on, so i lasted 2 months, 3 weeks after booking my warsaw trip to see the stones which i went on even though i could not afford it.

i went of work and had to wait another 8 month for the operation, in december 2018, after the op my flexibility was poor, i couldnt step up my fitness as the mesh impeded causing me further pain, the result is i had to ask my employer to pay me off and now im out of work, in debt, and a shadow of what i was, i feel as if i have half an engine instead of a full one and this is restricting me finding work, and is one of the reasons i wont be at the stones tour this summer.

im dissapointed as im trying to rebuild my life, but im also grateful for what i do have and for what i have done in the past.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 20:55

thankfully ive not had cancer, my father beat it twice, my mother lost her life at 64 to lung cancer. the loss never really go,s even though it was 14 years ago.

i myself have had a huge problem with an inguinal hernia. because of the physical nature of my job i had to go off work and wait 8 month for keyhole surgery, i lost my fitness and concentration and basically my ability to do my job.

i got back to work 10 month after going off but didnt know then the mesh implant had moved out of place early on, so i lasted 2 months, 3 weeks after booking my warsaw trip to see the stones which i went on even though i could not afford it.

i went of work and had to wait another 8 month for the operation, in december 2018, after the op my flexibility was poor, i couldnt step up my fitness as the mesh impeded causing me further pain, the result is i had to ask my employer to pay me off and now im out of work, in debt, and a shadow of what i was, i feel as if i have half an engine instead of a full one and this is restricting me finding work, and is one of the reasons i wont be at the stones tour this summer.

im dissapointed as im trying to rebuild my life, but im also grateful for what i do have and for what i have done in the past. im still relatavly young, at 50 and have a lot of life to live yet.

would be happy to share anyone elses experience of hernias and how it has affected their life, work and fitness.

good luck to everyone and wishing you all good health and long life.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 6, 2019 21:53

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Skippy. Stay strong, take care.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 7, 2019 00:23

Hi Homer. You have a great attitude. Keep up the fight. All the best to you
and your son!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 7, 2019 05:12

Stay strong m8. We'll pray for you.

Date: April 7, 2019 05:47

KingmanBarstow
GasLightStreet

It changed my life.

We are dealing with Stage 3 too (I think that’s what you mean). We were going to enjoy retirement and travel then this happened to us immediately after I quit work. We are keeping positive. That’s what ya have to do.

She was stage 4 at diagnosis. It evolved 11 times. It changed faster than they could keep up.

The technology and science since then, 2017, has improved, and it will continue. It's just a matter of how long some can hang in until something is figured out.

The people that say Big Pharma wants them to keep dying have zero idea of what's really going on. They are no different than the flat earthers, chemtrailers, anti-vaxxers and anything else that will come up: people without problems that run their mouths with no education about anything they're "against".

It can be very distracting, but the people who care continue to search for ways.

Cancer is not mowing the lawn, it's more akin to understanding the forest.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 7, 2019 09:51

Hang in there, Homer. I have some idea what you're going through. I have a rare, severe & very agressive version of rheumatoid arthritis. Not quite cancer but close enough. I've been fighting it for 10 years & am pretty much at the end of the line with available treatments. I'm on a 16 week cycle of chemo therapy. It should be a 12 week cycle but the insurance won't allow. They are giving me cancer drugs that slow the progression some but 1 out of 4 months there's more extensive damage being done. Trying to keep working but am getting to the point where most likely I'm going to have to stop. Anyway, the chemo is nasty. It sounds like you are getting good care. Prayers out for you.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:12

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I really hope that the tour takes place this summer - I cannot make plans that far ahead anymore. I don’t want my last memory of the Stones in Philadelphia to be me skipping the 2012 show. I could have gone but felt guilty about spending the $$ at the time. We all know how that show turned out.

So I promised myself if they ever came back here, come hell or high water (or stage III cancer), I would see them. Mid to late summer would be perfect for me.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 7, 2019 22:43

Hi Homer. You’ve been here at IORR since your last ‘live’ or non-live 2012
been with us, RS utube clips, show reviews, new releases.
So don’t let an unmet last live show make your fandom and love for the band any less.
I had 2 ‘unmet’ shows at my start (‘81,’89) yet I listened and continued/knew my favorite band.
Sending good thoughts-
GLS, thanks for sharing about your wife.
xxoo

Date: April 8, 2019 06:19

HomerSimpson, I wish you the best. Hopefully the best thing that is or has been happening to/for you is love.

How many shows you've been to, what your favorite kind of car is... none of that matters. I understand the happiness a memory can give but... the love of family etc is greater, and that truly means more than anything.

Date: April 8, 2019 17:39

My father also suffered a pancreatic cancer.

It is certaninly a miracle. Enjoy it!.

I wish you all the best Homer.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home