Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: IORR members fighting cancer.
Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 11, 2018 02:32

Hi all
Long time Stones super fan. Discovered Rewind in the early 80’s and never stopped.

I know some of the boys in the band have had a taste of this hell.

I’ve freely said I have inoperable pancreatic cancer diagnosed in March 2017. Anyone who knows anything about this knows that is a freaking miracle that I’m still alive after all this time, working full time, raising a son, and waiting to see my favorite band in the world make new music!

I’m wondering if anyone else here has cancer - particularly pancreatic? I’d like to hear your stories, good or bad. Throw in a Stones anecdote to keep it semi OT.

Re: OT: IORR members fighting cancer.
Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 11, 2018 03:26

You hang in there my friend and I wish you all the best in your fight against this terrible and cruel disease.
Your working full time and raising your son plus dealing with this illness,bloody hell that takes some doing.
I lost my brother in law New Year's Eve with the same desease, as it was picked up to late to help him.
I really hope you get so much enjoyment from this stones tour and they give you a
big lift,and play some of your favourite songs.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 11, 2018 04:08

May God bless you and your family with all Grace and Light of the Holy Spirit!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 11, 2018 07:10

The thing about life is that every day is a gift, and we don't always appreciate it.

Last year I lost my best friend of 45 years--a guy I'd known since the 10th grade who was more than a brother to me--to cancer. It started with a sore in his mouth that was misdiagnosed, then ignored by the docs, and when he insisted it must be something they looked again and gave him the works--surgery/chemo/ radiation. But it was too late. His face was so disfigured the last few months that it worried me he would scare children when I took him to the doctor.

There were so many times that I was moved by random small acts of kindness. I'll never forget the guy working at the pharmacy who ignored the giant open tumor on his face, and seeing his Rams cap, started talking football with him, like it wasn't even there. There were scores of people who were so helpful, and demonstrated the best qualities of humankind.

Seeing the good that people are capable of, and willing to do for a stranger, is a comfort in those dark moments.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are not alone. God bless you.

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: May 11, 2018 07:59

I kind of understand what you are going thru,

and yes you are a miracle,

my father got diagnosed with the same thing in 2008
and when they discovered it it was inoperable,and also because of his age (75).

Well within a month the damn cancer took my father's life and i was there with him for every moment until he passed holding my hand.

My father unlike me, never took drugs in his life and i had to watch the nurses inject him with morphine more and more everyday.

Hang in there and i hope you stick around a very long time.

God bless you.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 11, 2018 08:03

Let's start a petition for Homer to get to listen to what's been recorded of the album so far. Have Don Was play him the tracks somewhere...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 08:03 by Send It To me.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2018 13:18

May the Good Lord bless you and help you !

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 11, 2018 13:45

Yes, Homer, as harleybla wrote, you're a miracle. And a miracle can last for a very long time...

I don't say "be strong". We see that you are really strong and brave. Best wishes, once again.

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: May 11, 2018 14:38

I have no pancreas working no more,it's not a cancer but i should be dead since 10 years! So be confident in future,wish you the best.

Date: May 11, 2018 14:48

HomerSimpson

I’m an infrequent poster but more active when a tour is happening. I’m also dying of pancreatic cancer and will likely never see them again so I’m virtually following the action my my home in Pennsylvania. In the past we got all kinds of juicy information from the rehearsals. This time it’s nothing even though people do know, and gathered the information from a public street.

Stay strong and best wishes to you. I know how you feel.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 11, 2018 15:52

You are a brave, tough person. I send you prayers and all my best wishes to you and your family.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:16

Hang in there and enjoy you family and the STONES!!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:33

My mother died of pancreatic cancer. Never ever had been sick in her life. Within a half year she passed away. Never had been in a hospital, till her last week, where she died.
We have in the Netherlands a famous surgeon who tries to find a way to find a cure for this very awkward cancer. He has a site where people can donate money. I support him and his team. His name is Casper van Eijk, he is also the team doctor of Feyenoord (not my favorite Dutch football team which is Ajax)

SUPPORT CASPER

[www.supportcasper.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 16:55 by Christiaan.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:36

Homer S, my heart is with you, knew a couple of people from work who had pancreatic cancer.
That is a heck of a disease, hope your incredible luck and survival skill keeps going for a long time!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:53

Christiaan
My mother died of pancreatic cancer. Never ever had been sick in her life. Within a half year she passed away. Never had been in a hospital, till her last week, where she died.
We have in the Netherlands a famous surgeon who tries to find a way to find a cure for this very awkward cancer. He has a site where people can donate money. I support him and his team. His name is Casper van Eijk, he is also the team doctor of Feyenoord (not my favorite Dutch football team which is Ajax)

SUPPORT CASPER

[www.supportcasper.nl]

By the way, bless you HomerSimpson. Keep strong! Words are not easy to find in this situation

Greetings Chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 16:56 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 11, 2018 17:11

God Bless You.
Music has healing powers...
Keep Going and Keep Smiling.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 12, 2018 04:19

God bless you. My Mother passed from this in Belfast in December. She was never sick in her life. She fought pancreatic cancer for 26 months & died 3 months before her 80th Birthday. I have never encountered a stronger person. Stay strong. I will say a prayer for your health.

Date: May 12, 2018 04:29

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Can’t wait till the tour starts Thursday. It’s chemo day for me but I’ll be home in time to jump online and find some live streaming from Ireland. Maybe they will play Sister Morphine for me ! cool smiley

Date: May 12, 2018 07:16

Send It To me
Let's start a petition for Homer to get to listen to what's been recorded of the album so far. Have Don Was play him the tracks somewhere...

I would be humbly honored and incredibly thrilled if some one pulled this together. eye popping smiley

Date: May 12, 2018 10:58

All the best vibes coming your way, Homer.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 12, 2018 11:46

Keep on rolling

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 12, 2018 13:44

Homer...keep on fighting...
easy to say,hard to do...I know.
Best wishes and thoughts...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 13, 2018 08:44

I just saw this..may be of some use..

article

Wishing you all the very best...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 13, 2018 14:34

Send It To me
Who can start it how and where?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 13, 2018 14:44

Stay strong

Nate thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: April 6, 2019 00:03

Well, I am still here and fighting, but am very disappointed that I’m gonna miss the June show in Philadelphia. I’m 20 minutes from the stadium and was gonna grab a last minute ticket on StubHub or in the parking lot.

I’m hoping the rumors of rescheduling this tour later in the summer are accurate - I really want to see the Stones one final time. Haven’t seen them in person since the Licks tour.

If Mick is ready, the band will hit the road in a few months, and I’ll be spending a warm summer night with my favorite band, getting my mind off my worries.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:08

Good luck man …. I'll say a lil prayer for ya ….

Stay Safe

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:23

Hang in there, Homer.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:29

I think the stars will align for you over Philly this summer and you’ll get your show, Homer. Stay strong - all the best to you.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 6, 2019 01:58

Wishing you all the best Homer....hope you get to see the boys in Philly soon...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home