Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Daily Telegraph Article on Rehearsals
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2018 17:11

roller99
HomerSimpson
“A strange omertà governs super-fans”. Why? They are listening from a public street! Why not share the information with others? It’s not like someone is breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

It's quite simple; they will only share the information with those that they know they can trust. Information is never shared in a public forum where it can be spread all over the internet. The band wouldn't like it, the insiders wouldn't like news vans and mobs of people showing up.

You're missing the point of "the insiders". The whole purpose is to share this information in the same manner that a journalist would do, after the fact. Can you imagine a journalist who's meeting Paul McCartney in some quiet cafe, broadcasting that information before or while it's happening? No, they would never do that. They get the story and the information, and then they share it with the rest of the world.

And, in many cases, as you say "it's not like someone is breaking a non-disclosure agreement", no. It's not in writing. Keep this in mind: Some of us here get what you call "inside" information from specific sources. If it suddenly appears all over the internet, those sources are not going to be happy, and they will probably never give you information again. They give us this info because they know we will protect it.

Anyone can become "inside", it's a free planet. But you have to work at it.

Well said! thumbs up

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:06

I don`t have much patince for stuff like this, but I`ve forced meself through the posts in a hurry. I noticed there is some discussion about "would The Stones have wanted to leak, or not". Should those who know, say something? It`s a public road after all, and everyone can hear. At least there were some surprises, as one of the superfans said.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:18

If the Stones don't want anybody to hear their rehearsals I'm sure they are able to find some remote place. Thus…

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 10, 2018 23:58

PaintMonkeyManBlack
The Miss You ringtone mystery!

I bet it was the part I've been waiting in the hall Been waiting on your callWhen the phone rings

He remembered the ring tone incorrectly.... it was Gimme Shelter!

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 11, 2018 00:58

Cristiano Radtke
roller99
HomerSimpson
“A strange omertà governs super-fans”. Why? They are listening from a public street! Why not share the information with others? It’s not like someone is breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

It's quite simple; they will only share the information with those that they know they can trust. Information is never shared in a public forum where it can be spread all over the internet. The band wouldn't like it, the insiders wouldn't like news vans and mobs of people showing up.

You're missing the point of "the insiders". The whole purpose is to share this information in the same manner that a journalist would do, after the fact. Can you imagine a journalist who's meeting Paul McCartney in some quiet cafe, broadcasting that information before or while it's happening? No, they would never do that. They get the story and the information, and then they share it with the rest of the world.

And, in many cases, as you say "it's not like someone is breaking a non-disclosure agreement", no. It's not in writing. Keep this in mind: Some of us here get what you call "inside" information from specific sources. If it suddenly appears all over the internet, those sources are not going to be happy, and they will probably never give you information again. They give us this info because they know we will protect it.

Anyone can become "inside", it's a free planet. But you have to work at it.

Well said! thumbs up

This is not like what you described at all. If they don’t want a mob, go find a more secure location to rehearse. Or hire security to deal with the mob. Or hire no one and let the local police deal with it. Would be great publicity.

But more to the point - it’s way past time for those who know what was rehearsed to share with the others. Once again- all the information was gathered from a public street. I don’t follow your logic Christiano. Source gives secret rehearsal location to iorr insider....Stones rehearsed where they can be heard from the street and the song list leaks.....so therefore it must have been the insider? Does not make sense.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2018 12:54

I think they went to Clapham Old Town because the people who live there are simply cool calm and collected.

Clapham Old Town is the place where the locals would walk by the rehearsals location, hearing some great music loud and clear from inside, saying "It's the Stones", and then just walk on to whatever they were supposed to do.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 12, 2018 06:03

Great article. Thx for sharing.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 12, 2018 21:37

Gazza
tumbled
Wow. amazing story.
they wanted claps. they went to clapham..

Thank God they didnt rehearse in Scunthorpe.

rimshot

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 12, 2018 21:55

I think it always pays off for me to be respectful; even extra respectful
if a celeb is around; not syncophantic; but the times I've been in close
personal proximity to stars; the more space I allowed them, I think
the more relaxed they were; and that it made it more casual for
them as people to not be forced by politeness into being distracted
or objectified...it became a more people thing; and the more naturally
comfortable they were w not being bothered; the more naturally comfortable
I felt around them and vice versa....
I am just postive the first several times it happened I was probably
just stunned into shutting up; and if I did say something it was
probably feverish praise and you know how that is...
... but I think I tend to look for what's commonly human in all other
people of course; and really treat people I don't know w the same respect
and courteous distance; neither unapproachable nor very forward....

I DID get autographs at first. I had Ben E. King signature!!
Dion actually wrote my name down on the album he signed when I
was 10!!! I STILL HAVE IT and have donated a collection of several
hundred really rare and all time classic vinyl and still have only
THAT and RS Liver Than You'll Ever Be boot on vinyl left.
I think if I had met any of The Stones as a kid I'd be unable
to speak; seriously; if I met them within the first five years
of when I heard them; i would not even know how to be properly cool.
I'd stare or run.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 04:24 by hopkins.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home