Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: The IORR World Cup 2018 Prediction Game
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 20:27

messi is great, but he hasnt done enough at world cup level to be considered as good as maradona.

problem with messi is he tries to do too much by himself and defences know that and can read his intentions.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 16, 2018 20:47

buttons67
messi is great, but he hasnt done enough at world cup level to be considered as good as maradona.

problem with messi is he tries to do too much by himself and defences know that and can read his intentions.

I wasn't comparing the two players.One thing for sure is that Messi is very capable of winning any football game on his own and whether opponents can read his intentions or not is besides the point because he does have the ability to make anyone trying to defend against him look like a fool and then go on to put the ball in the net.

Nate

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 16, 2018 21:52

Well, so far the demigod Messi has produced a missed penalty and 1-1 against Iceland. Messi is number 76 on the WC All-time goalscorer league.
Just after Peter McParland of Northern Ireland. But one step before Roger Milla of Cameroon.

Date: June 16, 2018 21:57

Stoneage
Well, so far the demigod Messi has produced a missed penalty and 1-1 against Iceland. Messi is number 76 on the WC All-time goalscorer league.
Just after Peter McParland of Northern Ireland. But one step before Roger Milla of Cameroon.

He's also the sole reason why Argentina is in the World Cup at all smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2018 22:03

Sure, Dandy. He is a quality player. But when he is worshiped like a demigod statistics can be an effective way to tell another story...

Date: June 16, 2018 22:26

61 goals in nationals. 600 something in club matches.

Date: June 16, 2018 22:54

Either way, Germany will win this tournament. Read my lips. cool smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 16, 2018 22:58

I'm not convinced yet. Let's see what they and Brazil have to offer.

Date: June 16, 2018 23:05

Silver Dagger
I'm not convinced yet. Let's see what they and Brazil have to offer.

It's all about the last minute winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2018 00:15

Dandy on top now!

Date: June 17, 2018 00:41

peru should have won today, but didnt take the chances they created.

croatia and nigeria was a poor game, no conviction from nigeria, and croatia failed to hammer home their superiority, they didnt impress me, too many individuals and not team players. they will fail when meeting tougher opponents.

hope germany and brazil tomorrow can up the tempo and standard.

Date: June 17, 2018 19:58

I'm done! Can you opt out of this stupid game? Anyway my team, Sweden, won't stand a chance against either of these teams (Mexico, Germany). They might as well opt out also...
Seems like the conditions are very demanding in Moscow. Heat and a demanding pitch it looks like. The Germans couldn't handle it. Which is quite unusual.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 17, 2018 21:45

Stoneage
I'm done! Can you opt out of this stupid game? Anyway my team, Sweden, won't stand a chance against either of these teams (Mexico, Germany). They might as well opt out also...
Seems like the conditions are very demanding in Moscow. Heat and a demanding pitch it looks like. The Germans couldn't handle it. Which is quite unusual.

Sweden, 3rd place in '94 and '58, I would not give up hope at all. for all we know, 2nd place may be a battle between Germany and Sweden and South Korea. Heck, Sweden gets a win vs. South Korea and who knows? They will most likely need 1 point from playing Germany and Mexico.

Finally, "The Times They Are A Changing" some in international football.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 21:46 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 17, 2018 21:47

VIVA MEXICO! Some game!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 17, 2018 22:58

Go, Sweden, go – win against Germany and Germany is done!

Date: June 17, 2018 23:00

Heroic by Switzerland! Unfortunately, I had predicted a 2-1 win for Brazil..

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:14

I was probably the only one with 1 : 1 for Switzerland : Brasil. So I made a huge jump from 21 to 4 in our league ...

If only the Germans had played normally and won 2 : 0, Torres and Dandy would be in danger !smileys with beer

resotele

Date: June 17, 2018 23:15

Suddenly I'm in again. Scored 7 points in one game. Luck of course. By the way, the Swiss goal should have been disallowed. It was a clear push on the Brazilian defender. But I don't mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 23:40 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:23

Today I was saved by Costa Rica - Serbia, with an accurate prediction. Got 0 points from the other 2 games.

Tomorrow will be a tough day, in terms of predictions... I think there will be big changes in the table. Hopefully not!

Date: June 17, 2018 23:25

Thanks, Broomwagon. Just a small correction concerning statistics: Sweden has a bronze from 1950 (in Brazil) and 1994 (USA). And a silver from 1958 (in Sweden).
We met Brazil in the final and a certain Pelé scored twice. 5-2 to Brazil. Pelé was only 17 then. His international breakthrough.

Date: June 17, 2018 23:28

I'm TomSea in the table... I just put that in my signature if it gets approved.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:32

Torres
Today I was saved by Costa Rica - Serbia, with an accurate prediction. Got 0 points from the other 2 games.

Tomorrow will be a tough day, in terms of predictions... I think there will be big changes in the table. Hopefully not!

Same here, and after Switzerland's goal I thought I could have at least 2 accurate predictions today. Meh.

Date: June 18, 2018 00:18

mexico were great today, tired near the end but tactically superb, lacked the killer punch or would have scored more.

germany underestimated mexico, still could have scored 1 or 2 though.

brazil a huge disappointment, and neymar was poor, gave the ball away too often, ball hogged to much, inviting tackles from swiss defenders then not having the sense to evade the tackle or pass, his decision making was appalling, hes no socrates thats for sure.

well done switzerland, got a deserved point.

so far few teams have impressed at this world cup,

spain, portugal, mexico. thats about it.

Date: June 18, 2018 00:53

Torres, by the way, is on place 23 in the overall group. Among more than 21 000 contenders. Not bad!

Date: June 18, 2018 00:59

They said Neymar was fouled a lot, okay, I don't approve of that necessarily but let's not forget, Brazil was gifted playing at home last time until they came up against Germany.

I have heard some say, oh this VAR and replay is taking too much time but after the last 2 World Cups, 2010 maybe even being worse, I welcome it. The replay won't be perfect either but it's something.

Great World Cup, I think I've played in the last 2 tourneys here including the last Euro, similar, maybe more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 01:07 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 18, 2018 01:04

I'm not even sure England will win vs. Tunisia.

I do think Belgium appears to be real solid and I'd say, they are safe for now. They will play Panama.

Sweden/South Korea, who knows? I lean towards Sweden.

Date: June 18, 2018 16:57

A double congrats to Stoneage: Both for the swedish win and for taking over the lead thumbs up

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 18, 2018 17:13

DandelionPowderman
A double congrats to Stoneage: Both for the swedish win and for taking over the lead thumbs up

also congrats to Stoneage from Switzerlan

resotele

Date: June 18, 2018 17:24

Thanks, Dandy and Resotele. One thing is for sure about this Swedish team - they don't score many goals. On the other hand they don't concede many either. "The Fir" (Granen) scored on penalty after a video review.
A necessary win for Sweden. To meet Germany will be a more difficult task though. I'm afraid...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 17:25 by Stoneage.

Date: June 18, 2018 23:24

4 in a row! I wish I had this luck with the bookmaker also...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home