Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: 1985 video Mick Jagger ‘Secrets’
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 7, 2018 22:10

I was referring to the trail of corpses Keith left in his wake, people who didn't have his physical, social and financial resources to cope with heavy drug use, and the environment in which he raised his elder children, which in normal circumstances would call for having them removed from his care.

I think both Anita and Freddie Sessler mentioned that they were being kept away from Keith. I don't blame Mick in the least for this, although it's unlikely he did this out of love or altruism.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 7, 2018 22:28

Stoneage
I think the basic difference between Keith and Sir Michael is that Keith is primarily a musician and content with that. Music and the band comes first (when not drugs interfer...).
Sir Michael is that and everything else. Which is a lot more to handle...

Mick is a control freak, i think that's a no brainier, Keith says it, no one else in the band dare say it winking smiley
I think it works well for him, controlling his physical fitness, people who like to be in control rarely get involved with drink or drugs because that would be loosing their guard.
Its like that in an interview, Mick likes control and gives nothing away.

Control over his relationships, plenty of that has been discussed recently on iorr.

He controls the Stones, he decides if they are going to tour, if they will make an album, he makes the decision on everything they do from what songs go on the album, down to the shows they play, how many shows, where they play them, what musicians accompany them on tour, who gets dropped who is reinstated, what songs are to be played at each show, how they play them to some extent with the help of Chuck and Matt, how long the guitar solo's are allowed to last,( sometimes on stage he reminds me of a conductor winking smiley ) who gets to do the backing vocals on certain songs,( seen Keith made redundant many times ) he chooses the special guests, the duets, the size of the venues etc etc.

He is the commander, it wasn't always that way, things were very diplomatic with the Stones, they used to vote on things, but since Bill left that dynamic has changed and not many people realize what a strong person Bill was, solid as a Rock and he wasn't a yes man like Ronnie and Charlie, people forget that.
I remember Bill suggesting in the middle of WW3 that the rest of the Stones will find another singer if necessary.

Now we get Keith going along for the easy ride because he's too old in the tooth and too tired to argue, plus he Knows its Micks way or the highway, and then next to him we have the nice lovely yes men.

THIS ISN'T HOW GREAT MUSIC IS CREATED AND PLAYED, it works great in a gym or the corporate world but this is music, this is a band of four musicians trying to be creative trying to develop art.

Date: May 7, 2018 22:31

Bliss
I was referring to the trail of corpses Keith left in his wake, people who didn't have his physical, social and financial resources to cope with heavy drug use, and the environment in which he raised his elder children, which in normal circumstances would call for having them removed from his care.

I think both Anita and Freddie Sessler mentioned that they were being kept away from Keith. I don't blame Mick in the least for this, although it's unlikely he did this out of love or altruism.

Yes i see your point now Bliss, i remember Spanish Tony's book on Keith, it was horrific , the situation with Marlon etc, its amazing all Keith's children turned out great.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 8, 2018 02:17

Rocky Dijon
rev20
way beyond me rocky.

Eugene Landy was hired by Mike Love and The Beach Boys' Brother Records to get Brian Wilson functioning again.

Less extreme was Milton Wexler, another influential L.A. analyst with a lot of celebrity clients. He came under fire (investigated, but didn't lose his license) for writing screenplays with a film-maker client

no. stevens was NOTHING like those guys. she had ZERO interest in anything
other than keith's welfare. she would have never done one single thing that
mick suggested if she did not believe it was in keith's best interests,
no matter how much money mick would have paid her

the big question is whether stevens had earlier been mick's shrink also

i have a story about that, which i have never told before, in even
abbreviated form. an IORR exclusive

quite a while ago, i don't remember exactly when, but i think you could
look it up, on shidoobee a certain person started to shadow me, and comment
basically only on me. this is neither the first time nor the last time this
has happened to me, me being singled out like that. the screen name
was Justine547 or something like that. Justine would just kinda torture me,
but cleverly, so i didnt 100% mind it. she intimated that she knew just so
much more than me that i was lucky she was there...

one day i received a private message from Justine. i generally don't
react to private messages or even read them or even know they're there.
sorry, i don't have the energy.

but it was Justine, so i had to check it out. Justine claimed to have been
Mick's shrink at some time in the past, and that he still dropped in to see
her from time to time, much like i have described mick still dropping
in occasionaly to see some of his teachers at that buddhist monastery
in cambodia and that jain monastery in india

she proceeded to tell me, in some detail, the structure of mick's personality,
what his relationship with his father and mother had been, and how this always
led him to bond with, as Justine put it, "damaged" women. yes, remarkably
strong and intelligent women, but damaged, as remarkable people usually are.

this was all information that i had just started to understand on my own, and
post about, but Justine had for some reason just gifted me a great leap
forward in that understanding.

after i got that message, i really wanted to talk to Justine more, but she
just disappeared and as far as I know has never been seen online again

who was Justine? yeah i know what most people will think. either a nutcase
or just revvy's imagination...

was she stevens? (who i think was still alive at that time)

was she mick?

stevens or mick or some other shrink or a super-brilliant nutcase? i have no idea.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 02:37 by rev20.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 8, 2018 02:26

Interesting. I would doubt she was who she said she was even if the facts were correct, but sometimes people who had access to the famous want validation from select people they think aren't "like everybody else." It does happen. Her disappearing makes you wonder if she didn't think better of it. There is such a thing as patient confidentiality or even NDAs if she was a former employee.

I don't even remember her username here and those were the days when I was baiting you endlessly because I thought you were so much fun. And you were, I just didn't recognize your boundaries then. My fault entirely, of course.

Date: May 8, 2018 02:40

no, rocky, it was way earlier than when we tangled

and i do believe that if Justine was not a nutcase and was not mick,
but was really mick's shrink, that mick would have authorized her
to have told me what she told me

it was obviously unverifible, but it did get the message out to revvy
who could be counted on to put it out there, as at least a modest counter
balance to all the insane mick hatred that was still around at that time.
and still is, but fortunately to a much lesser degree

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 02:46 by rev20.

Date: May 8, 2018 02:53

LIFE is the great equalizer. For some, anyway.

Date: May 8, 2018 04:45

I'm not a big reader, but i did go through an autobiograohy phase about a year
ago , reading all these ones acclaimed as "brutally honest"

every one of them just so much self-serving crap. especially the ones
marketed as "i'm just revealing these things to warn others about the dangers"

yeah, sure you are

the only exception, and the only great one, was LIFE

"this is how i did it, this is how it was, like it or not"

i'd cite the page for the stevens story, but i don't have a hard copy at
this time, just the audio book, which has a great appeal for me, with keith
and johnny depp and some very cool drunk-sounding actor reading the various
parts. In print so much of it seemed so serious, but the audio book, except for
the really dark parts of course, always makes me smile a lot

this is especially true when i play it for other people, we wind up
laughing, sharing in the unfettered joy of BEING KEITH

keith, laughing: "i've gotten away with so much shit in this life.
(therefore) I am so screwed in the next one"

or else possibly, Mr. Richards, the ecstacy you have brought into this sad
world of ours has more than compensated for any errors you have made, and
your karmic balance is showing a very tidy profit indeed

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 11:05 by rev20.

Date: May 8, 2018 06:36

if you check their instagrams, mick and melanie are together at the
moment, or at least recently, in London

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 06:37 by rev20.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:31

rev20

i generally don't react to private messages or even read them or even know they're there.sorry, i don't have the energy.

Sorry for the off-topic Revvy but I hope it's ok if I PM you occasionally as part of our conversation at Shidoobee, as you know some things I don't want posted publicly. Sent you one yesterday.

Date: May 8, 2018 17:04

This post is pointed towards no one in particular, just giving my penny's worth on the interesting ongoing discussions on Micks secrets.

People say Keith is in denial but the very people who say that are in such denial themselves to say some of the things they say about Mick and Keith.
Its as though everything Mick and Keith do is part of some master plan eye rolling smiley
Probably its as simple as this as far as the band are concerned, Mick and Keith need to put up with each other to make the big money and enjoy this level of success.
Ok sometimes on stage they give each other that lovely look of would be brotherhood to each other, and that's nice. Yes they have respect for each other because to some extent they have to, but they are not close, i doubt they spend much time together outside of what is totally necessary to share this band.
They are different people, they went their separate ways once Mick married Bianca. There is no real love loss between them, Mick doesn't go out of his way to make sure Keith is in good health and i doubt he invested any time sorting out a suitable woman for Keith in the hope of her having a stable influence on him.

Mick is a great performer and a brilliant song writer, that goes beyond question, but is he this sensitive person with a big heart ? no he isn't, if you really study Mick you would know this, yes he loves his family and his children , of course he does but he's not interested in the welfare of Keith unless its because of the business, he needs Keith functioning at some level so they can tour, but not for one single second do you think Keith would take Mick's health advise even if Mick did give him any.

Jerry was nice enough to set up a blind date for Keith when he overcame his heroin addiction, it was a good thing for her to do, but that's as far as it goes.
Some of you are living in a fictional world, i did it myself with Keith when i was much younger, i looked up to him like he was some kind of God legend.
But he isn't, he's just a man who plays guitar and writes great music.
He has faults, he has addictions just like the rest of us, are we any different to Keith if we spend all out spare time fishing or playing golf ? no because its still an addiction, at least Keith's addiction for the better part of his life has been the music.

For someone on here yesterday to suggest EVERYTHING Keith says is BS is just shocking really, of course he has an imagination and it gets the better of him, and he knows he's great at story telling, its another form of entertainment, this is why Life the bio was so popular, casual fans love the myth, they eat up Keith's stories. Like any story teller though, there is always an element of truth to them, don't forget that, Keith's stories are based on facts, its not all BS.

Now for Mick , if any of you are honest you will admit that Mick is a driven man, a very ambitious man that likes to be busy and productive, and more than anything he likes to be the one in control making all the decisions..
He also loves his fitness and he loves to show the world by example that age is just a number.
But Mick is a contradiction, i doubt he ever finds the time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labour, he loves making money too much to ever really relax properly, i imagine he is quite a worrier too, because that is the nature of people that like to control people and situations, they are forever trying to keep the upper hand and its exhausting, as Keith once said, when you perceive something to be a power struggle you have a power struggle, even when you don't want to enter that persons belief that you are attempting to gain some of that power, you are in the game regardless, this is where Keith finds himself now, in a battle of wills that he gave up decades ago, because Mick is driven by that battle.

Mick loves women, he is very passionate about women, and he doesn't pursue them for an ego trip, he doesn't want or need anyone to notice his conquests, he just does it for the moment, he enjoys the time he has with them for what it is, he doesn't want to be tied to one relationship, it doesn't make him happy and more often than not it ends in misery.

Mick knows what he wants and he goes about getting it, women , money, fame, those are his motivations.
Please don't tell me Mick is working out master plans, he doesn't have the time or the inclination, he's probably too busy investing his time into increasing his personal fortune and pursuing suitable female conquests, oh and making sure the media and all of us don't get to hear about it winking smiley

Date: May 8, 2018 20:36

If that's a penny's worth, you're cheap.

Date: May 8, 2018 21:04

Rocky Dijon
If that's a penny's worth, you're cheap.

Well Mr Rocky, people like you leave me with a lot to comment on, you can't have it all your way winking smiley

I'm just the reality check, more of a friction writer in contrast to the fiction writers winking smiley

Actually i can't write to save my life but i try my best so that people can understand me, unfortunately i can never express myself with the written word in the way i'd like to.
Some of you guys on here could write a better book than anything i've read on the Stones, and you certainly have more knowledge than these biographers.
Doxa for instance is very talented, although he hates me lol.

Do you ever wonder why we feel compelled to talk about the Stones, its silly really when you think about it, its like hypnotism, the music or the performers themselves have entranced us in some way.
Its all a bit strange, just the fact that they are still Rocking in the mid 70's is a bit surreal, perhaps its all fiction, we might be the imagination of ourselves.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2018 21:06

Amateur psychologists having a field day here?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2018 21:08

But who is really on the couch ??

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2018 21:17

Rockman
But who is really on the couch ??

Yeah i was thinking that, its really about us isn't it.

We look at the Stones as demigods lol, but really we are discovering ourselves, we become what we think to some extent.

Date: May 8, 2018 21:19

In all seriousness, Keithsman...one of the great things about this site is it brings together so many passionate different opinions about the band, their history, their personalities, their work and its meaning. Andrew Oldham was correct all those years ago, "they're more than just a band, they're a way of life."

And I disagree completely. Not with your views since some of it makes perfect sense to me, but with the fact that you're not a very good writer. You acquit yourself very well. The above was excellent food for thought as were some of the drive-by's in response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 21:22 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: May 8, 2018 21:34

Where did revvy go?

Date: May 8, 2018 21:42

Rocky Dijon
In all seriousness, Keithsman...one of the great things about this site is it brings together so many passionate different opinions about the band, their history, their personalities, their work and its meaning. Andrew Oldham was correct all those years ago, "they're more than just a band, they're a way of life."

And I disagree completely. Not with your views since some of it makes perfect sense to me, but with the fact that you're not a very good writer. You acquit yourself very well. The above was excellent food for thought as were some of the drive-by's in response.

Bless your heart Rocky.

Yes they are a mystery, i was just thinking about something you said about Keith talking BS and i said its all fiction writing, but if you look at Mick and Keith's life its more outrageous and unbelievable than any fictional character in a book. How many times has Keith escaped death, just his driving alone is insane by many observers, falling asleep at the wheel etc, they live their lives like cartoon characters, its no wonder we think they are full of BS, they actually live their life like that, someone close to Keith in the 80's said he lives life on the ledge over the edge, apparently he got himself in all sorts of trouble in Mexico, it all got hushed up, it always does, they have people who clear up their mess, i heard first hand Stories about some of Ronnie's antics in Dublin Ireland that i would never repeat on here, crazy stuff.
It still goes on today, you couldn't make it up, 75 year old Mick dating 22 year old while cheating on girlfriend.
For all we know he could have 5 or 6 other girls like Noor on the side, you just never now.

Date: May 8, 2018 21:43

Rocky Dijon
Where did revvy go?

His still here, just not at the moment

Date: May 8, 2018 22:05

Where two or more gather in his name, revvy will always walk among us.

Date: May 8, 2018 22:19

Rocky Dijon
Where two or more gather in his name, revvy will always walk among us.

thumbs up
To be honest i never heard of Revvy until last week, i'm impressed, dudes a genius

Date: May 8, 2018 22:50

He is and a true character. A funny, creative madman who is fearless and sometimes even prescient.

Date: May 8, 2018 23:37

Rocky Dijon
He is and a true character. A funny, creative madman who is fearless and sometimes even prescient.

That's my specialty, knowing whats going to happen before it happens, when that penal gland is fully open its like everything has already happened, very disconcerting. Pity i can't hone it in to the winning lottery ticket numbers yet but i'm good at finding lost pets and children if that's any consolation. smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home