Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: 1985 video Mick Jagger ‘Secrets’
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 5, 2018 22:36

nick
Stones broken or not, the CBS contract called for 5 releases, one of them being a Mick Jagger solo album and possibly a 2nd if they needed to fulfill the contract. Instead of fixing the Stones, Mick went and chose to see if he can go without the Stones. After She's the Boss he should had concentrated on putting an effort into the Dirty Work album. He chose not to and decided to split time between Primitive Cool and Dirty Work because the Rolling Stones contract needed Rolling Stones releases. He put his efforts first and 2 of the first 3 releases on a Stones contract were Solo Mick. I like Mick better than Keith. Overall I prefer his solo efforts ( mostly the 3rd & 4th) but it was Mick that broke things and put himself before the Stones. Keith puts out a solo album that if you had to choose between both She's the Boss & Primitive Cool versus Talk is Cheap, Shiiiit Keith wins hands down and then all of a sudden we get Steel Wheels. In the end we lost out on what Dirty Work could have been and completely lost an album that should had been before Steel Wheels.

Just reading your post nick, something occurred to me that i have never thought before, Talk Is Cheap inadvertently saved the Stones, the success of that album and accompanied tour must have got Mick worried, had he really lost Keith for good and could Mick make the big bucks without Keith ?
No wonder Mick called Keith up while Keith was touring with the Winos to get the Stones back in the studio to make Steel Wheels.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2018 22:46

keithsman
nick
Stones broken or not, the CBS contract called for 5 releases, one of them being a Mick Jagger solo album and possibly a 2nd if they needed to fulfill the contract. Instead of fixing the Stones, Mick went and chose to see if he can go without the Stones. After She's the Boss he should had concentrated on putting an effort into the Dirty Work album. He chose not to and decided to split time between Primitive Cool and Dirty Work because the Rolling Stones contract needed Rolling Stones releases. He put his efforts first and 2 of the first 3 releases on a Stones contract were Solo Mick. I like Mick better than Keith. Overall I prefer his solo efforts ( mostly the 3rd & 4th) but it was Mick that broke things and put himself before the Stones. Keith puts out a solo album that if you had to choose between both She's the Boss & Primitive Cool versus Talk is Cheap, Shiiiit Keith wins hands down and then all of a sudden we get Steel Wheels. In the end we lost out on what Dirty Work could have been and completely lost an album that should had been before Steel Wheels.

Just reading your post nick, something occurred to me that i have never thought before, Talk Is Cheap inadvertently saved the Stones, the success of that album and accompanied tour must have got Mick worried, had he really lost Keith for good and could Mick make the big bucks without Keith ?
No wonder Mick called Keith up while Keith was touring with the Winos to get the Stones back in the studio to make Steel Wheels.

Yes, that makes sense.
Big thanks to Keith for saving the Stones, and also persuading Mick to do Blue and Lonesome. thumbs up

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 5, 2018 22:53

Let's not conflate Mick's personal life with him dicking over The Stones and their fans.
The true crux of this is when he goes to record Primitive Cool. There was no need for that "crap". Dirty Work should had been the priority.
You got hand it to Bill German. His Volume 2 issues certainly had you thinking they were a band the whole time. He was more of a Rolling Stone then the band was during that period. Thank you Bill, you definitely came through for the fans.

Date: May 5, 2018 22:54

Yes Hairball but as much as i like Blue And Lonesome, i kind of wish Keith had persuaded Mick to finish the album of originals they were working on.

Date: May 5, 2018 23:02

nick
Let's not conflate Mick's personal life with him dicking over The Stones and their fans.
The true crux of this is when he goes to record Primitive Cool. There was no need for that "crap". Dirty Work should had been the priority.
You got hand it to Bill German. His Volume 2 issues certainly had you thinking they were a band the whole time. He was more of a Rolling Stone then the band was during that period. Thank you Bill, you definitely came through for the fans.

Absolutely, my view of Mick diminished because of him trying to Make it on his own while the rest of the Stones were still very eager to continue, i didnt care about what he does in his personal life, back in the 80's he was with his wife Jerry, i don't think people were interested in Micks love life at that point.
It's since the 80's that Micks personal life has hit the headlines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-05 23:04 by keithsman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2018 23:09

keithsman
Yes Hairball but as much as i like Blue And Lonesome, i kind of wish Keith had persuaded Mick to finish the album of originals they were working on.

There's still time for Keith to persuade him if he hasn't already, but it must be tough for Keith when Mick had 40 demos he's proud of.
With the success of Blue and Lonesome (and the fail of Getta Grip), Mick might begin to see things Keith's way and be enlightened to what works and what doesn't.
Rather wait for something worthy than have them put out some more disjointed material....patience...Keith will persuade him!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 5, 2018 23:27

keithsman
But what really surprised me was that Mick's solo career was so unsuccessful

Many of his contemporaries would have loved to have had Mick's level of failure. Just looking at U.S. stats, SHE'S THE BOSS ships platinum and charts at #13 with "Just Another Night" at #12 and "Lucky in Love" still in the Top 40. He steals the show at Live-Aid and "Dancing in the Street" becomes a Top 10 hit. "Let's Work" is still a Top 40 hit and selling over 300,000 copies of PRIMITIVE COOL isn't bad. His tours are a major success in Japan and Down Under. Mick only failed if you were expecting him to reach or exceed the same level of success as the Stones.

Date: May 5, 2018 23:38

keithsman

TALK IS CHEAP moved about a quarter of the copies of STEEL WHEELS. Only about 200,000 more units than PRIMITIVE COOL. Half of what SHE'S THE BOSS did. Mick was playing large venues in Japan and Down Under. Keith was playing theaters. Keith had the media on his side, yes. Was he reaching Stones-level success? Of course not. If he was, MAIN OFFENDER wouldn't have tanked four years later.

By the time TALK IS CHEAP was out in October 1988, the Stones were a done deal for 1989. Mick had prepared demos in the studio over the summer with Ronnie and Charlie and played them for Keith at their meeting in August 1988. The only real truth to Keith's story about Mick calling him up while he was mixing TALK IS CHEAP (Keith's version of events ALWAYS needs to be questioned) was to ask Keith if he wanted to play the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert in May 1988.

Mick had already sold out in Japan and was booked for the tour Down Under later in the year. There was a band meeting in May 1988 and the Stones decided not to play the Atlantic Records concert [Zeppelin's reunion stole the show and Ahmet Ertegun told the audience, "No, it's not the Stones, but they send their love" just seconds before announcing Zeppelin as the surprise finale], but agreed in principal to record another album and tour together in 1989.

Mick made it clear in several interviews in 1988 that if the Stones reunion did not come off for whatever reason he would record another solo album (this time with his touring band) and tour North America and Europe. Obviously, everyone wanted the big pay day of a reunion. It was in everyone's best interest.

Keith really isn't Superman. Without Mick, Keith is an avant-garde roots rocker with limited commercial appeal and yes, I love Keith's solo albums, but I refuse to see the world through Jane Rose-tinted glasses.

Date: May 5, 2018 23:52

Hairball
Big thanks to Keith for saving the Stones, and also persuading Mick to do Blue and Lonesome. thumbs up

I think it's safe to say that's another Keith version of History.

Consider that it was Mick who organized and headlined a Jazz & Blues Festival at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1992 playing a set of old blues songs only and being joined on stage by Charlie and Ronnie as a way of returning to his roots. Mick's version of "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing" with Gary Moore was released as a B-side to the WANDERING SPIRIT album the next year.

Consider that Mick cut the much-bootlegged album of old blues songs with The Red Devils (the band Rick Rubin thought would be the next Black Crowes had heroin not led to their premature self-destruction) during the WANDERING SPIRIT sessions. It was very much the forerunner to BLUE AND LONESOME.

Consider that as the Stones reunited for their 50th anniversary, they played a set of old blues songs with Mick in the studio in late 2011 and then Mick played a set of old blues songs at the White House (including "Commit a Crime") followed by Keith playing a set of old blues songs at the Apollo a couple nights later, and then Ronnie playing a set of old blues songs at the Hammersmith Odeon the following week all in early 2012 as they started to knock the rust off for their reunion.

Consider that during the 2015 tour, they considered recording at what used to be Chess Records but now is a museum and had Ronnie do a solo session at Mark Knopfler's award-winning retrofitted studio, British Grove prior to the December 2015 sessions that gave us BLUE AND LONESOME. Consider that Ronnie during this same period played more blues sets including his tribute concert to Jimmy Reed.

Now, does all of that sound like we owe it all to Keith? Yeah, he played the 45 of "Blue and Lonesome" in his documentary promoting CROSSEYED HEART, so yes, I'll give him the song, but the whole back to the roots, getting their chops down for a possible blues album idea is one that was around since at least 1992 and it doesn't start with Keith.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 5, 2018 23:59

But Rocky, Talk is Cheap outselling Primitive Cool almost two to one was a disastrous commercial result for Mick and for Sony at that time. He was Mick Jagger! Keith was his sidekick, as far as most of the public was concerned, if they even knew who he was. Of course, a Jagger solo album was of less interest because there were already many, better Stones albums for people to buy if they wanted to hear him sing.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:08

"Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" represent another reason why you should always question the convenient story circulated as truth.

Keith's amusing "they ain't Stones songs, if you want to put them out then put them out on your own" and Mick saying "I did what you told me to do" is a nice story, but let's look at it closer.

It's about as convincing as Mick saying that Brexit made him want to quickly write and record a solo single and put out the two songs three months after cutting them. It wasn't anything, just a creative artist making a topical statement and having fun with DIY technology.

Sounds plausible, right? So when "the bugger put them out" as Keith says, were we to imagine Charlie and Ronnie were shocked they had been tricked into playing on a Jagger solo single? Were they cheated of session fees? It's Interscope Records listing them as playing guitar and drums on the tracks.

While on the topic of Interscope, we're to believe they threw a few million away promoting the two tracks with music videos and remixes because it was just a silly whim by Mick to comment on Brexit and it was done quickly and should just be thought of as fun, sort of like Mick doing karaoke or making up "Tea Party Blues" for SNL. Do you think a major label who has been critical of the quality control with the new Stones album just wastes that sort of budget if they're not hoping for a return on their investment?

I maintain it was a solo single only because Keith objected. These were intended as Stones songs. They were to test the water to see how they were received. We know from Soldatti there are similar-sounding tracks in the can for the new album. Mick and Keith have continued writing new material last year and earlier this year. They're sifting through the material, keeping some, setting aside others, and going back to the well. Mick has been indicating since 2011 that another solo album will come along eventually. Meantime, the focus is getting Interscope to approve a strong Stones album (in their view). "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" were a litmus test that likely altered at least Interscope's view on how best to proceed with Mick and Keith's (and Mick and Matt's) new material. BLUE AND LONESOME will likely look like a litmus test for at least some of the new material as well.

I'll be pleased if "I'm mad, mad, mad which you, bee-bay" doesn't turn up as one of the new tracks.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:10

TeddyB1018
But Rocky, Talk is Cheap outselling Primitive Cool almost two to one was a disastrous commercial result for Mick and for Sony at that time. He was Mick Jagger! Keith was his sidekick, as far as most of the public was concerned, if they even knew who he was. Of course, a Jagger solo album was of less interest because there were already many, better Stones albums for people to buy if they wanted to hear him sing.

Agreed in as much as it gave Richard Branson the Stones as soon as the Sony deal was over. To be fair, it wasn't Sony until the STEEL WHEELS tour was well underway, it was CBS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 00:11 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:11

Yes Rocky , Teddy just took the words right out my mouth, Mick was the front man, the leader of the greatest band in the world, Keith wasn't really that well known to casual fans, back then i used to talk about Keith to people in general and so many young people back then didn't even know who Keith was.
Mick was the most famous man in the world along with Sinatra and McCartney.
Keith was not expected to be more successful than Mick, or as successful.

You really think Mick went solo for a top 40 hit, he was hoping for Micheal Jackson success. Thriller success lol. .
He was obviously being told a load of BS by his men.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:18

Rocky Dijon
keithsman

Many of his contemporaries would have loved to have had Mick's level of failure. Just looking at U.S. stats, SHE'S THE BOSS ships platinum and charts at #13 with "Just Another Night" at #12 and "Lucky in Love" still in the Top 40. He steals the show at Live-Aid and "Dancing in the Street" becomes a Top 10 hit. "Let's Work" is still a Top 40 hit and selling over 300,000 copies of PRIMITIVE COOL isn't bad. His tours are a major success in Japan and Down Under. Mick only failed if you were expecting him to reach or exceed the same level of success as the Stones.

Phil Collins repeatedly kick Mick's ass in with his success and still had time for Genesis.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:26

Rocky Dijon
keithsman

Mick steals the show at Live Aide ,( the live performance ) it was embarrassing but not as embarrassing as Keith and Ronnie with Dylan, the Stones would have stole the show though had they played, of that i have no doubt.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:35

keithsman
so many young people back then didn't even know who Keith was.
Mick was the most famous man in the world along with Sinatra and McCartney.
Keith was not expected to be more successful than Mick, or as successful.
You really think Mick went solo for a top 40 hit, he was hoping for Micheal Jackson success. Thriller success lol. .
He was obviously being told a load of BS by his men.

Agreed many young people didn't know who Keith was then. They still didn't after TALK IS CHEAP came out. They were listening to Guns 'n' Roses or U2 or INXS if they liked rock at all. Teens were not the principal audience handing Keith a gold record for TALK IS CHEAP or attending Winos shows. You're right, Mick was more like Sinatra. He and McCartney were old and not what kids thought of at all in the latter half of the 1980s.

Do I think Mick aimed for Top 40 success? No, Yetnikoff told him he could have his THRILLER. He was already trying for it with "Too Much Blood" (another song that "ain't the Stones"). However, we weren't discussing that we were looking at Mick's solo sales and concert revenue next to Keith. Sure, TALK IS CHEAP outsold PRIMITIVE COOL. Mick wasn't a failure. He was still charting. Overall, revenue to revenue Mick was still generating more than Keith and could fill more seats than Keith in a venue. Just no where near as much as they could together. Being bigger than the Stones was the dream. Equaling the Stones proved impossible. Keith understood that, Mick eventually learned the lesson the hard way.

We don't disagree so much as I don't put Keith on a pedestal or trust his version of how things went down. Keith exaggerates often. Just not as much as his core fanbase does.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:38

nick
Phil Collins repeatedly kick Mick's ass in with his success and still had time for Genesis.

He did, yes. I'm not sure what Phil Collins or Genesis have to do with this. If you're citing them as an example of Mick's contemporaries, try asking The Kinks if they would have wanted Mick's level of solo success in record sales or chart attendance. Try asking Dylan or The Beach Boys. Try asking Jeff Beck who was paying the bills as a hired hand for Mick, Rod Stewart, and Tina Turner. Phil Collins peaked commercially in the MTV era. He wasn't rendered nearly irrelevant by it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 00:43 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:41

Its not just the things mentioned above that are note worthy Rocky, it's a bit beyond statistics, Keith's theater shows would have been successful arena shows but Keith wasn't really going for the big time, he was enjoying himself, it wasn't about money, damn if you had seen his merchandise at the Town And Country Club it was laughable.
But what i will credit Keith with was the fact that he created a new band with great musicians, he created a new sound and style of delivery, he learned to command an audience.

This was all new and fresh, apart from TIOMS and GS he played mostly all his new materiel every night, he took chances.

Mick on the other hand went for safe bet Stones songs with copy cat Keith guitarists, really i mean what is solo about that, he was just doing the same thing he does with the Stones.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:42

keithsman
Mick steals the show at Live Aide ,( the live performance ) it was embarrassing but not as embarrassing as Keith and Ronnie with Dylan, the Stones would have stole the show though had they played, of that i have no doubt.

Bob, Keith, and Ronnie were not miked properly and lost audio. An unfortunate situation which was supposed to lend gravitas to the proceedings before the gooey all-star finale. Perhaps they didn't realize Bob, in those days, tended to be unintelligible to the uninitiated.

As for Mick's live set being embarrassing, that's entirely subjective. Most people saw it as the show-stealing moment, particularly with Tina. It was Mick Jagger working the stage even if Hall & Oates with Ruffin & Kendricks kinda sucked ("Miss You" came over alright).

Date: May 6, 2018 00:47

Rocky Dijon
keithsman

Bob, Keith, and Ronnie were not miked properly and lost audio. An unfortunate situation which was supposed to lend gravitas to the proceedings before the gooey all-star finale. Perhaps they didn't realize Bob, in those days, tended to be unintelligible to the uninitiated.

As for Mick's live set being embarrassing, that's entirely subjective. Most people saw it as the show-stealing moment, particularly with Tina. It was Mick Jagger working the stage even if Hall & Oates with Ruffin & Kendricks kinda sucked ("Miss You" came over alright).

I love you Rocky but if you think Mick singing State Of Shock and iorr with Tina being backed up the Hall and Oates band does it for you then what can i say .

Not only that but you keep saying keith tells lies in interviews the whole time.
If we can't take the truth from the horses mouth then where do you go, Mick is not timid he would put the record straight if he thought keith was lying about the way things happened.
I know Keith exaggerates, especially when drunk and his imagination gets the better of him lol, but fundamentally he is an honest guy, and so is Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 00:51 by keithsman.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:55

keithsman
damn if you had seen his merchandise at the Town And Country Club it was laughable.
But what i will credit Keith with was the fact that he created a new band with great musicians, he created a new sound and style of delivery, he learned to command an audience.

This was all new and fresh, apart from TIOMS and GS he played mostly all his new materiel every night, he took chances.

Mick on the other hand went for safe bet Stones songs with copy cat Keith guitarists, really i mean what is solo about that, he was just doing the same thing he does with the Stones.

I did see his merchandise. I was at a show in 1988. Keith put on great shows with The Winos if you love Stones studio outtakes or Stones with Keith on lead vocals (I do). I agree Keith never lost his musical integrity on his own. He made great records if you love the music he loves. He took what the Stones did on the outlier with reggae and soul and funk and dug in deep by playing with just the right guys. Wonderful, wonderful work that I adore, but it's limited commercial appeal and without the anti-Mick backlash, TALK IS CHEAP never would have reached the same level of success as MAIN OFFENDER quickly proved.

Jimmy Rip was copying Keith, yes - but he acquitted himself well on WANDERING SPIRIT - a great player and a pretty good songwriter and band leader. Joe Satriani was there more to cover for Jeff Beck who was expected to tour up to that point being the guitar sound of Mick's first two solo albums and much more 1980s since some of his playing sounds like Neil Schon on "Throwaway" and fit the era much more than Keith.

Mick quickly understood that prancing around to new material (solo or with the Stones) is not what audiences want. They want Jagger at 45, 50, 60, 70, 75 prancing around to the Stones' Greatest Hits. Mick is trapped in ways Keith could never be. Keith was liberated by going solo. Mick's bid for solo stardom was crushed under the weight of his past. Audiences would never accept him the way Jann Wenner and a few others (like Yetnikoff) wanted. He did okay. He was not avant-garde. He was yesterday's news.

In 1987, he was getting advice that he should consider joining David Bowie and Tina Turner's package tour and look to co-star in movies with Bowie where they would both deliver songs for the soundtracks. Horrible schlock was the result of hiring Roger Davies who masterminded Tina's comeback. Some 1960s legends made the transition to the MTV era well. Mick wasn't one of them. Back on topic, that's what RUNNING OUT OF LUCK proved when it was test-marketed in theaters in late 1985.

Date: May 6, 2018 00:59

Rocky i completely agree with you on all your last post.

Sorry to have gone off topic but that was fun winking smiley

Just last thing though, i think had Keith continued with his solo career he could have garnered the sort of status and success as someone like Van Morrison.

Keith also really shines when he plays with other performers, ok its usually people that are not necessarily the Bowie's of this world but does that matter.
Does it matter that Mick went all the way to the Tokyo Dome to fill a stadium, well Keith went to Argentina and did the same thing, but that's not what its about for me, i like integrity, i don't measure success because you brush shoulders with Bowie and Tina or make more money at the box office.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 01:06 by keithsman.

Date: May 6, 2018 01:02

keithsman
I love you Rocky but if you think Mick singing State Of Shock and iorr with Tina being backed up the Hall and Oates band does it for you then what can i say .

Not only that but you keep saying keith tells lies in interviews the whole time.
If we can't take the truth from the horses mouth then where do you go, Mick is not timid he would put the record straight if he thought keith was lying about the way things happened.
I know Keith exaggerates, especially when drunk and his imagination gets the better of him lol, but fundamentally he is an honest guy, and so is Mick.

I never said "State of Shock" and the dreadful chorus of "It's Only Rock 'n Roll" did it for me. Mick's performance with Tina as a showman was fine, but the music was awful. I said "Miss You" was kinda okay. I'd say the same for "Lonely at the Top" and "Just Another Night." Kinda okay doesn't make it for me, personally. That said, I do recall audiences there and watching on TV generally thought Mick stole the show, especially the well-rehearsed ad-lib of tearing off her skirt. Tina is a good actress, I'll give her that. She acts shocked when photos exist of the moment being rehearsed. After all, Mick wasn't going to risk showing the world Tina nude or in her panties. It would have been a disaster.

As for Mick setting the record straight, he regularly remarks Keith's "it just happened, man" remarks or his "pork pies" aren't the boring truth he tells. That said, Mick lies, too. Everyone who works with a publicist lies. The truth isn't good for soundbytes or it's inconvenient to share with the public so you tell a good tale that gets quoted and repeated. Keith is a master at that. Mick really isn't. More guarded, more likely to appear aloof. Mick's best interviews were when he was flirtatious with interviewers in the 1980s and imitated Jerry's Texan twang a bit. Mick laughing, then and now, usually is the most entertaining his interviews get. Otherwise he comes across as the impossibly famous man who really does not want to get asked the questions he's fielding.

Date: May 6, 2018 01:05

keithsman

It was fun. Hopefully no one thinks we're arguing. I obsess on this band and have done for decades. This is the only place I feel comfortable discussing it to the level I do.

Except with Revvy. I adore Revvy. I'm thrilled he's here and engaging with others, but I am reluctant to do one of these things with him.

Now lem motlow, on the other hand, is the best to go head-to-head with. An absolute wall of sarcasm that is razor-sharp.

Date: May 6, 2018 01:13

Rocky Dijon
keithsman

It was fun. Hopefully no one thinks we're arguing. I obsess on this band and have done for decades. This is the only place I feel comfortable discussing it to the level I do.

Except with Revvy. I adore Revvy. I'm thrilled he's here and engaging with others, but I am reluctant to do one of these things with him.

Now lem motlow, on the other hand, is the best to go head-to-head with. An absolute wall of sarcasm that is razor-sharp.

Absolutely we are not arguing and i respect your knowledge and sense of fair play. We are disagreeing on the surface of it but at the same time find our self agreeing . Revvy and lem are great but i have only seen Revvy since he came back.
he has another angle, a different way of looking at things like Doxa, very refreshing even though Doxa is a challenge if you upset him. winking smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 6, 2018 01:14

embarrassing

Date: May 6, 2018 01:19

potus43
embarrassing

Ok that was an exaggeration, i was just disappointed Mick didn't play with the Stones at Live Aid.
We got Hall And Oates backing band , who would you rather see play with Mick ?
Keith , Ronnie, Charlie, Bill, i mean come on Rolling Stones record sales would have flown through the roof has the Stones played a good set inspired by the occasion.
I really wished they had settled their differences for that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 01:23 by keithsman.

Date: May 6, 2018 01:28

Rocky Dijon

I'm not sure what Phil Collins or Genesis have to do with this...

I was just showing an example of someone who could have a successful solo career and not have it interfere with the band he was in. That's all there was to that.

Date: May 6, 2018 01:32

potus43
embarrassing

Yeah for Keith to have to watch Mick start his Live Aid set with the Jagger/ Richards title Lonely At The Top.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 6, 2018 01:35

Stoneage
Are we supposed to feel sorry for the vagabond, millionaire womanizer? Bullocks...

keithsman
Mick... would put the record straight if he thought keith was lying about
the way things happened.

1) wow LOL i have gotten exactly nowhere with the ultra-orthodox

2) my only hope is that the great bulk of silent readers are at least reserving
judgement about Mick's situation with his women, especially currently, because
it is a very serious situation, and that most of you out there, please,
are, and will be, paying attention to the evidence that has been and will be leaking.

3) the only person that Mick has been almost always honest with is himself.
that is his moral code. the only person that Keith has been seriously
dishonest with is himself. just like most humans. which is why we love
keith so much, he's way more like us.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 02:41 by rev20.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home