Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ohio set list
Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 25, 2005 07:01

johang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, Sway is there but where is the others? Still
> a boring set list.

They will play their entire catalogue at the next concert in order to eliminate all complaints. smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2005 07:03

She Saw Me Coming was soundchecked too - there's hope....

Date: September 25, 2005 07:07

Put that one in instead of Miss You,You Got Me Rocking,or maybe even Honkey Tonk Women and there wouldn't be much left to complain about.Maybe then we could complain about the lack of things to complain about or Chuck Leavell.

Date: September 25, 2005 07:08

that's right Thief - now how about changing your handle so that your name is actually spelled correctly.....

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: September 25, 2005 07:09

johang Wrote:
> a boring set list.

anything wrong with you today ? well, if you are serious (or silly..) then go on and celebrate that you didn't waste the money for that great setlist, lol...

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 25, 2005 07:12

Jesus Christ !! What do you guys want from these guys ? They play SWAY and now it's "did it sound good enough ?" Why all of a sudden is everyone expecting such obscure and lesser known songs to be played? In '81 the Stones had basically the same set list EVERY SINGLE SHOW. Hell, all the tours have been like that, with the exception of Licks tour at a few shows. NEVER SATISFIED ! There's hope ? Hope for what ? It's not like they are playing a show for just us every night they play.Yes, variety is good and I'm sure they will add new songs along the rest of the tour, but give it a rest already. Be happy they are still playing live and sounding as good as ever, crybabies !

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: September 25, 2005 08:13

WELL SAID, some of these scrotes' ignorance is astounding!

Date: September 25, 2005 08:14

I would post a review of this show, but the Stones blew me away so much I wouldn't be able to formulate my thoughts correctly.

two words:
@#$%&' SWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 25, 2005 08:40

need more info under asst - give us some more info on Sway godammit....

Posted by: MikeG ()
Date: September 25, 2005 08:52

Agreed. I've seen every tour since '75 and this is the best they've ever played or looked onstage. Some of the tours seemed so choreographed with Mick playing to the camera, etc. Tonight's show had a real feel of the '72 tour type of show...more back to "the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World."

As to the intial question about Sway. Yeah, they played it. No, it didn't sound like the LP/CD. Was I happy they played it? Absolutely. Now, if they'd only have played "Rocks Off".....*lol*...just kidding.

The sound was a bit muddy for the first few numbers tonight but once that was all figured out, the show was just incredible. Even had some moron jump onto the stage during "Sympathy for the Devil" and get knocked down and carried off by a security guy. What more could you want?

Didn't see Keith go the mic for anything other than his two numbers. Missed his background vocals -- he really gets into it. He was great tonight on "The Worst" and especially on "Infamy". He played guitar better tonight than any show I've seen.

Date: September 25, 2005 08:55

mike - more info, please - did RW do a solo on Sway...anything, we need more information - or did you faint when they played it or what?

Date: September 25, 2005 08:57

ok, i'll do my best...im still in shock, kinda...best setlist of the tour...band was amazing/high energy, very into it...crowd was same...it was obviously gonna be different when they opened w/ brown sugar...but, rough justice>BOMH>SWAY>ADTL????? are you KIDDING ME? it was amazing...

sway, predictably, was a bit tentative, hopefully a "warm up" for toronto...but it was only a slight miscue on one section...other than that, it was amazing, keith sounded great on the classic opening chords...im not sure the majority of the crowd "got it", but hell with those people...i was slayed stiff! it was really good though, in all seriousness...and ron played one of his better solos of the evening...

also: there was a SYMPATHY INCIDENT!!!! as they neared the ebnd of SFTD, some guy (it looked like) jumped onstage and knocked blondie over as the orange shirts swarmed on him. it all happened so fast it was hard to tell....

but SWAY and a SYMPATHY INCIDENT in ONE NIGHT???? that was a REAL @#$%&' stones show~!

Date: September 25, 2005 09:13

I was sitting in the first row of the upper tier and that happend right under us. It actually was one security dude that got him down and carried him off the stage. There may have been more that assisted after that. The "stage rusher" got by the yellow shirt guys (not sure how that happend) and was on the little side stage when I first saw him. He intially got by the black shirt security guy but then the security guy spun around, lunged and took him down. Was amazing to see, actually...a nice move *lol*.

Anyway, after that, he got on top o the guy and then picked him off and did an "exist, stage right" with the fool.

Date: September 25, 2005 09:24

I thought the sound was a bit muddy on that one still and the solos were not as discernable as they were later. Keith started it off and yeah, Ronnie did the lead on it, I believe. Tempo was a little quick, I thought and Mick's inflection on words/phrases was different than the studio version I'm used to but I thought it was just an awesome addition to the set. I'll take it anyway they want to serve it up...it's one of my "dream songs" to hear live. All the lyrics were there. Not sure I can say that about tonight's "Shattered" *lol*.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: September 25, 2005 09:57

MikeG Wrote:
> I thought the sound was a bit muddy on that one
> still and the solos were not as discernable as
> they were later. Keith started it off and yeah,
> Ronnie did the lead on it, I believe. Tempo was a
> little quick, I thought and Mick's inflection on
> words/phrases was different than the studio
> version I'm used to but I thought it was just an
> awesome addition to the set. I'll take it anyway
> they want to serve it up...it's one of my "dream
> songs" to hear live. All the lyrics were there.
> Not sure I can say that about tonight's
> "Shattered" *lol*.

I woulnd't mind if they dumped Shattered all together, it doesn't have a major connection with the audience as far as I can tell...

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 25, 2005 10:27

She Saw Me Comming should replace Shattered

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 25, 2005 10:32

If they really played Sway it means that they actually listen to fan's wishes...well, if they really did this one I take my setlist whining so far back.
No matter how it sounded, I applaud them for even giving Sway a try!!!!!!!!
That's adventurous, that's a real surprise, and that's what I've been missing until now. Well done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-25 11:46 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 25, 2005 10:46

Wow! That's frickin' awesome! Nice how they vary the intro/encore songs. And I'd love to hear this for a bootleg. I heard some IORR recorded it, so we're waiting.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:49

"If they really played Sway it means that they actually listen to fan's wishes...well, if they really did this one I take my setlist whining so far back.
No matter how it sounded, I applaud them for even give Sway a try!!!!!!!!
That's adventurous, that's a real surprise, and that's what I've been missing until now. Well done!"

Well, then we just keep on posting our wishes for new songs here and on other Stones sites and we will have more good surprises in the next shows.....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 25, 2005 12:18

Well, there's nothing wrong with setlist tips for the boys. You shouldn't call them wimps for not trying. But saying it would be a good idea to try some songs is never wrong.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 25, 2005 21:01

johang Wrote:
> a boring set list.

I predicted a month ago that when they finally played Sway someone would say, "ok, but the rest of the setlist sucked." Good to know this board has lost none of its predictability.

Date: September 26, 2005 04:15

Great.Now the complaints have been directed at me.The name is spelled Theif because,the e comes before the i in Keith.Besides,Thief In The Night was taken by someone who rarely posts here.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 26, 2005 04:38

They can still add on 4-5 better songs and skip the usual crap.

Date: September 26, 2005 04:44

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> Great.Now the complaints have been directed at
> me.The name is spelled Theif because,the e comes
> before the i in Keith.Besides,Thief In The Night
> was taken by someone who rarely posts here.

weak

Date: September 26, 2005 04:49

I'm tellin' you.Check some old posts.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 26, 2005 17:36

About Sway and good olĀ“ Rockmans comment about the Stones readin IORR.
Not necessarily. We left a wish list to StonesDoug in the early summer,
from this board. Sway was no 1 there. Doug left it to one of the members
in the Stones - nota bene - a few days after I talked to him over mail.

I wonder if not the other boards wish lists were topped by Sway too.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 26, 2005 20:26

I was there. It was amazing. I know we all bitch about YGMR and Tumbling Dice but these songs rocked. My only beef was there weren't enough new songs. I wanted She Saw Me Coming and Cat soooo bad. I think they cuold've gotten ride of IORR and added one of those 2. Maybe get rid of IORR, replace it wiht Cat and just add She Saw me comign somewhere else. Also, I wish they would have at least one song from B2B. If they can play 2 songs from Voodoo Lounge they could play at least one from B2B. But ya know what? I don't give a shit. I saw the greatest rock and roll band in the world put on the @#$%& best show ever. Mick rocked. Ronnie rocked. Keith rocked and Charlie rocked. The whole thing was cooking. Congrats to the boys and keep up the amazing work.

PS...Shattered was the highlight of the night. And Start Me Up was awesome too.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home