Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels affair, finally on CD with sleeves?
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: April 26, 2018 22:35

Look at this:

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-26 22:37 by Kuntaman.

Re: Brussels affair, finally on CD with sleeves?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 26, 2018 22:41

On the market for a long time.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 26, 2018 22:41

That's the Ward Records Japan release. There's no OBI because it came bundled with Marquee Club and the set has been split up. Nonetheless it's authentic. If you already have Marquee club then go for it!

Here he has Marquee Club and as you can see it has no OBI either.
[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-26 22:43 by nick.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:20

Brussels Affair was released officially a few years back. Why does this keep getting brought up?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:25

What is an OBI?!

Date: April 26, 2018 23:34

FrogSugar
What is an OBI?!

This guy from Star Wars.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:36

Meh, the official EU download has been out on multiple bootleg labels since it was first offered for half the price of that ebay listing.

I would have been happy to have paid for an official deluxe LP/CD set of this show had the Stones released it at a reasonable price but not for what they charged for the official box set.

Date: April 26, 2018 23:38

FrogSugar
What is an OBI?!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:45

FrogSugar

What is an OBI?!

See: Wikipedia.org .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:51

FrogSugar
What is an OBI?!
This tiny part of the Japanese edition could double or triple the price on the secondary market. Without OBI the edition is 'collectably' incomplete.

Date: April 27, 2018 01:06

24FPS
Brussels Affair was released officially a few years back. Why does this keep getting brought up?

Because he saw one by itself and at a lower price and not with all the extra crap that came with the deluxe.

Date: April 27, 2018 01:14

ironbelly
FrogSugar
What is an OBI?!
This tiny part of the Japanese edition could double or triple the price on the secondary market. Without OBI the edition is 'collectably' incomplete.

Having most of the needed Japanese CD's, I always thought the extra book legitimizes the CD and the OBI was not as important. I do realize their value and sell them to help offset the higher price of the Japan CD.

Date: April 27, 2018 01:38

nick
ironbelly
FrogSugar
What is an OBI?!

Having most of the needed Japanese CD's, I always thought the extra book legitimizes the CD and the OBI was not as important. I do realize their value and sell them to help offset the higher price of the Japan CD.
Wait till you get to exclusive stickers like this one

Recently the CD pictured above, Tattoo You [CP35-3032], with the remains of the shrink wrap and Golden Price Sticker was sold for no less than $500 while w/o sticker or OBI with some luck you can get it for $50 winking smiley.

Date: April 27, 2018 02:13

I keep what I get. I love my Stones CD's. Are you saying that I can sell the OBI's for more than the $15-20. I'm asking?

Date: April 27, 2018 02:29

nick
I keep what I get. I love my Stones CD's. Are you saying that I can sell the OBI's for more than the $15-20. I'm asking?
It depends on OBI and if you hit a guy who is desperately in need. For example, recently the prices of some Japanese CD's complete with OBI's went down to $15-20. Guess you will not be able to sell a separate OBI for those at the same value. On the other hand, for particular editions (not Stones related), like this

Bowie: Ziggy [Japan RCA CD] R32P-1037
people were offering up to 70 GBP for an OBI and were not able to find one, even damaged.
PS. I have a couple of OBI's missing in my collection and ready to trade or buy winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-27 02:32 by ironbelly.

Date: April 27, 2018 03:41

LOL, I saw an OBI discussion on Hoffman's site where some people actually throw them out.

Regarding the Ward Records Brussels/Marquee combo, eBay's lowest is $109 for CD/DVD and $120. for CD/Blu-Ray.

The Brussels Kuntaman referenced is 49.50 + 4.50 ship and the same for the Marquee auction.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 27, 2018 12:07

Irix
FrogSugar

What is an OBI?!

See: Wikipedia.org .

Thanks!

Damn, I could care less about an obi... Just gimme the CD and a decent booklet and I'm a happy camper.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2018 12:10

OBI carry much Pawa ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home