Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Museum - Opening for the Tour
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 28, 2018 00:05

A dream coming truth!
Very generous of your part Matt! I'm flying from Argentina and would like to visit your private collection around the Twickenham date!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 28, 2018 01:07

I can't make it, unfortunately. Maybe some day...
But a question out of straight curiosity:
There are multiple freaks out there. What do you do to protect or secure all this precious stuff?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 28, 2018 15:18

What a great idea thank you so much

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 29, 2018 10:14

Quique-stone
A dream coming truth!
Very generous of your part Matt! I'm flying from Argentina and would like to visit your private collection around the Twickenham date!

Quique-stone, r u from Buenos Aires? Do u know the Tributo Bar and Juan Ignacio Munoz? Will a bunch of u b coming like last fall (especially in Paris!)?

plexi

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 29, 2018 14:06

timbernardis
Quique-stone
A dream coming truth!

Quique-stone, r u from Buenos Aires? Do u know the Tributo Bar and Juan Ignacio Munoz? Will a bunch of u b coming like last fall (especially in Paris!)?

plexi

I'm hoping to enjoy your trip also with video and audio

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 29, 2018 18:06

I am making lots of preparations... I didn't think it would be so popular, I guarantee there will be plenty of unique stuff to hopefully make it worth it!

I have just updated my 1975 display to include a Mick Jagger stage worn blue and pink scarf thanks to the very generous donation of Helen Salter.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 29, 2018 18:39

And the green behind the pink and blue scarfs that MICK wore?
Is that a shirt?
I see an outfit...

COOL MATT!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 29, 2018 19:26

How awesome Matt! Have not been able to be in the right country at the right time for Exhibitism so would love to come by on Sunday June 17 or Monday June 18

Sarah aka Sparkly Top

Date: April 29, 2018 19:26

35love
And the green behind the pink and blue scarfs that MICK wore?
Is that a shirt?
I see an outfit...

COOL MATT!

Yes it's an Arrowhead Stadium promoters shirt. The Jacket to the right is a entourage jacket, sold to me as Mick's years ago but there is no actual evidence it was his, still super nice.

You were totally onto me the other day... it made me smile (alot). You know at least one track on the playlist ;-)

The thing that most people get excited about is the silver (and gold) entourage pin. The enamel pin is hard enough to find, let alone the silver one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-29 19:29 by mattleeuk.

Date: April 29, 2018 20:25

Good god Matt, where DO u find all of this stuff??!! I mean, who the hell saved all of this stuff for all these years just to put it into your hands??

As I said a few weeks ago, you need to document each and every item -- where, when and from whom you got it, what you paid or traded, what tour or release or event or whatever it is associated with, location if appropriate, historical context, etc. In a word, PROVENANCE. Will be important when you catalog the items for the formal museum. To go into your museum database, perhaps using the PastPerfect Content Management System (CMS), which was created for museums to keep track of their stuff.

Beyond that, it could be a book that fanatics like us would gladly buy -- you know, to include all of that information I just noted and fotos of each item or at least a selection of them. Enough preaching.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-29 20:28 by timbernardis.

Date: April 29, 2018 20:35

Making lots of progress... nothing like a deadline. One of Ten cabinets almost sorted.

So not enough room to show everything but hopefully there will be something for everyone. The recording history fans will love the Ronnie handwritten rehearsal lists and album track listing notes in the 1978 shelf.

Are you volunteering Plexi?

Date: April 29, 2018 20:56

When I retire. But actually, I have contacts with a lot of museum people in my library/archives line of work, including a number at the Smithsonian, and would volunteer at any time you would deem ready to inquire about state of the art "Best Practices", as they put it. For whatever it's worth.

plexi

Date: April 29, 2018 21:05

a couple of other notes -- you are doing a lot of work right now to make everything ready for our invasion and you noted that there is not enough room to show everything. Well, that is an admirable goal and I would LOVE to see everything, but the vast majority of any museum's contents are in storage, to occasionally be put on display in a series of rotating exhibits. Not that you don't already know that.

And for me personally, I don't imagine you have a set of Charlie's PLEXIGLASS walls with set lists on them, do you??!! Or ever seen them anywhere? I imagine they don't keep them.

Now damn it, I forgot what the other thing was I was going to say, will post it when I think of it again.

plex

Date: April 29, 2018 21:20

No plexiglass but I do have a 1970's Charlie used cymbal, the shoes he drummed in at Glastonbury, a split drum head from Voodoo Lounge and several hand caught concert used sticks in that kind of category. In terms of item count I can display only about 5% of the collection but with my new space this will increase significantly. I can pack a lot of interesting stuff into that 5% though.

Date: April 30, 2018 00:59

well I am just waiting to see the 5%!

plexi

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 1, 2018 00:43

timbernardis
Quique-stone
A dream coming truth!

plexi

Yes Plexi! I know the bar,have been there!
I will do the trip by my own but Juan Ignacio and his Tribute Bar organized a tour called 40x5 (like his Stones Bar) 40 passengers in 5 London days!

Date: May 1, 2018 01:45

I am working against the clock... museum build now in full swing. Nearly three out of 10 cabinets complete (not quite finished No Security and Licks).

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 1, 2018 01:59

Wow, and can’t wait to see what that handwritten paper(s) say in the ‘Some Girls’
showcase.... (don’t tell me here please!)
Looks fantastic!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 1, 2018 02:30

Great, great memorabilia, Matt! Sorry I will have to miss the tour, this time, anyway.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 1, 2018 14:20

More progress being made... still lots to do! Very much looking forward to welcoming so many people around the tour dates though. Don't forget to sign up so I can select the most popular days to open. More information coming soon.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 1, 2018 15:49

What a wonderful collection, Matt! Looking forward to seeing it.

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: May 2, 2018 06:08

So wish I could make it man! -Max

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 2, 2018 07:02

That’s very impressive.i like how everyone is dressed in that first pic,The Stones have always had the fans with the most style.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 2, 2018 11:21

I wish I could be there to see all these treasures.
Another time maybe, but thanks fot sharing all your stuff :-)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 2, 2018 12:51

Hi Matt, it's great to see New Zealand represented (1973) with a poster and program

It's too far for me to go, sadly, but you have an amazing collection

The person who mentioned selling a book catalog gets my vote too!

Date: May 2, 2018 18:58

That's right Matt, an exhibit catalog!

plexi

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: May 3, 2018 14:10

wonderful collection, matt. hope I'll be able to pay a visit

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: May 4, 2018 15:53

Last week I had the great privilege of enjoying a private preview of Matt's museum.
It's hard to describe how amazing the collection is. It's mind boggling and astonishing. Everything you look at is rare and unique and the collection is an incredible insight into the Greatest Rock & Roll band in the World.
It would be easy to be envious but you soon realise that Matt is the custodian of a significant part of The Stones history and that it is in safe hands.
If you have an opportunity to go and see the collection I would urge you to take it. You will not be disappointed.
Finally Matt is very generous with his time and, as many of us can attest, a great guy too.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 6, 2018 02:00

I’ve seen a bunch of Matt’s stuff and it’s well worth the visit.

He doesn’t just have regular Rolling Stones stuff, he has lots of one-of-a-kind stuff and lots of never-for-sale stuff!

Date: May 6, 2018 13:09

Quite right ChrisL and I'm sure Matt won't mind me dropping this teaser......there are several items which will never appear online and can only be enjoyed in person!!

Well, alright!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home