Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Museum - Opening for the Tour
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 7, 2018 08:26

Manofwealthandtaste
Quite right ChrisL and I'm sure Matt won't mind me dropping this teaser......there are several items which will never appear online and can only be enjoyed in person!!

Well, alright!

Hello MOWAT -- what shows r u going to? Anyway, hopefully these items will appear in a book some day.

plexi

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 7, 2018 10:49

this makes me want to go to london for a show...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 7, 2018 10:59

little queenie

Well why aren't u? My plans changed. I'm going. U should too.

plexi

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 14:17

Just got another sneaky peak at the treat in store for the lucky people who are visiting. I won't spoil the surprise but you'll be pleasantly shocked and stunned. I need to go back.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 9, 2018 17:29

RMNice 58 perhaps it’s a bar? You keep going back ;-)

I had an epiphany about Exibitionism.
I think it’s failure to draw large crowds
is too close to resembling it’s over.
No-one, no-one anywhere wants to or even can comprehend that thought.
However,
Matt Lee’s presentation is present, alive, energy
infused with connection.

Plus, maybe he has a bar.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:16

35love, RMNice58 came for a sneak peak as he was in town a week ago and only coming back for Coventry :-( I just sent him some close up pictures as he's missing the opening week.

He also got to hear what I was listening to right now when he was hear ;-) Such a fun evening of sharing our passion for music and memorabilia.

I'll be cracking open the vaults (well some of them at least)

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:37

mattleeuk
35love, RMNice58 came for a sneak peak as he was in town a week ago and only coming back for Coventry :-( I just sent him some close up pictures as he's missing the opening week.

He also got to hear what I was listening to right now when he was hear ;-) Such a fun evening of sharing our passion for music and memorabilia.

I'll be cracking open the vaults (well some of them at least)

Ah but did he teach you new versions of backgammon?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 10, 2018 13:01

timbernardis
little queenie

Well why aren't u? My plans changed. I'm going. U should too.

plexi

the pit prices and rate of exchange makes it unreasonable....$600 for pit! i'm taking my chance with LD for edinburgh because it's edinburgh (my mom's home town), and going to marseille for the prices (though may end up eating an extra pit that no one is buying). this may be the end for me....!

Date: May 12, 2018 14:32

The Dutch soft launch...

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 12, 2018 18:12

Matt, we are flying in on May 19 so we signed up for Monday. How will we get the info on an address and time that you are ok with us coming by. Thank you.

Date: May 12, 2018 20:39

Looks amazing Matt and 35Love adding a bar would be a fantastic idea. Some suggestions for the cocktail menu:
Jaggermeister
Keith’s foaming ale (a fine Canadian beer)
NegRonnies
Gin and tonic Watter
Woodpecker cider
Wish I could be there for the big opening. Roll on Coventry on 2 June

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 13, 2018 03:13

Has Ronnie seen it yet?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: May 14, 2018 07:44

I've just completed a night of building a pop up display in Selfridges where they have some awesome Jagger stage clothes and some exclusive and limited merchandise too. It's open for tree weeks from 9.30am this morning so go check it out!

I will be closing the poll soon so please fill it in if you would like to visit my home museum. I will add details soon too...

Date: May 14, 2018 14:02

First stop Selfridges and then onto the Rolling Stones Museum!smileys with beer

Date: May 15, 2018 12:43

Dear All,

Many thanks for your response to the "Museum" opening days. I have trimmed the days down to 5 days that everyone that completed the survey can do at least one of. I am planning to open between noon and 6pm each day. Any ideas on the best way to give my address / contact details to everyone that wants to come without leaving them on a public forum forever?

Cheers,
Matt

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: May 15, 2018 13:16

Hi Matt

That's great you're opening up over 5 days, I'm planning to come on Saturday May 26th. Do you have everyone's email details who completed the Doodle poll - maybe you could email us all your details through that rather than posting your home address here?

Otherwise, perhaps you could set up a new email address and post it to this page and/or the Doodle poll page and everyone emails you to request details?

The museum is in your house right? Are you accepting gifts as seems wrong to make a house visit without bringing something! Maybe a wine or some beers for you to enjoy at a later time if you are drinker?!

Also great to hear you helped out at the Selfridges exhibit and am looking forward to seeing that too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 13:26 by markrs.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 15, 2018 13:19

mattleeuk
Dear All,

Many thanks for your response to the "Museum" opening days. I have trimmed the days down to 5 days that everyone that completed the survey can do at least one of. I am planning to open between noon and 6pm each day. Any ideas on the best way to give my address / contact details to everyone that wants to come without leaving them on a public forum forever?

Cheers,
Matt
Individual invites via Messenger (if they're on it ?). Pain in the rear though for you I know.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 15, 2018 17:08

I don’t know how many people are interested so am not sure what would be least time consuming for you. Would it work to ask people to email you with their name and username here, and you could reply with a prepared text giving your address and favourite tipple? Much appreciation for doing this Matt, thanks!

Date: May 15, 2018 18:57

I have updated the link with my address. Please don't repost it on the forum or publicly. I will open between noon and 6pm on each of the days. If it's a sunny day I have plenty of outside seating so bring your own beer or whatever you like, I have an awesome BBQ if people want to do something but no doubt I will be busy in the museum (there is a shop open next door to me). It works best to have about 4 or 5 people in the actual museum at once but I have plenty of space. Depending on how much you like Rolling Stones artifacts it takes between 30 minutes and several weeks to enjoy. I am very much looking forward to sharing my passion.

Any questions, email me (my email is not hidden here, so click on my username and get in touch).

Thanks,
Matt

Date: May 15, 2018 19:42

I'd say the top end of Matt's estimate of "several weeks" is about right!

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: May 20, 2018 15:52

Hi Matt,

I'm going to see your museum on Monday approx. 2pm.
I'm looking forward to see it.

Cheers,
rstass

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2018 22:59

Hope to see it next time around. Thanks for doing this, Mattie!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 23:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-25 10:48 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:49

Wait a minute... is that an IORR Band London guitar pick in Matt Lee’s case? Dammit - he’s as ruthless and cunning as he is charming. Checking for my socks...

(Thanks Matt! ***Smooch!***)

Date: May 25, 2018 01:34

Wow, four open days in and two more to go... I've had 25 to 50 people per day so far and it's been super great fun to share my passion with those of you who have been able to come. Thank you very much for indulging me ;-)

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:07

Hi Matt,

I just wanted to say thanks for inviting us to your home today and showing us your stunning collection.

It was well worth the trip up from Dartford to see your many unique items and hear some of your amazing stories.

Thanks also for your tips on how to spot a fake poster. Thanks for the cup of tea and I hope you enjoy the red wine.

All the best.

FR

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:31

mattleeuk
Wow, four open days in and two more to go... I've had 25 to 50 people per day so far and it's been super great fun to share my passion with those of you who have been able to come. Thank you very much for indulging me ;-)
Thanks Matt, great to have made it. Back home for my daughter's wedding next Saturday, see you I'm Manchester !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:44

Matt - so sorry I couldn't take up my slot. I had some personal family stuff to deal with on the day but hope I can make it across soon. It looks fantastic.

Date: May 27, 2018 17:20

I had over a couple of hundred visitors over the first five open days and it was great fun to host you all! Thank you.

Date: May 27, 2018 17:32

It would be great to see more comments from visitors to the Museum. It is a phenomenal experience and Matt deserves a lot of credit for not only putting the collection together but also for giving us the opportunity to see it live
Matt it sounds like it’s been a great success. Thanks again

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home