Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20
Re: The Rolling Stones - 15 June 2018
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 24, 2018 21:14

So Blue and Lonesome is the last studio record ever and they will release all records in a box?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 24, 2018 21:26

If it s a greAtest hits or box set of vinyl then wow what a disappointment. You can find all the old albums on eBay even first pressings fairly regularly

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 24, 2018 21:47

I'll buy it!! Looks awesome!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 24, 2018 22:13

Using 'Start Me Up' to sell a new release MUST mean a compilation, and not anything really new. But... There will be something new, sometime. I'm patient.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 24, 2018 23:43

This is the rumoured compilation that it was on talks in Universal about 2 months ago, something to cash in during the 2018 tour and released just in time for father's day, but it looks like it shifted from compilation to vinyl box set to cash in more money out of it.

Universal is not expecting any new album this year, it's not ready yet and the band has no rush to get it done any time soon, 2019 is the new date.

Also, a Beggars Banquet's 50th anniversary re-issue with bonus content is scheduled to be released on November 30th or December 7th, that's confirmed.

Date: April 24, 2018 23:45

<Also, a Beggars Banquet's 50th anniversary re-issue with bonus content is scheduled to be released on November 30th or December 7th, that's confirmed>

Great! thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 24, 2018 23:47

Thanks (as always) for the intel, georgelicks.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 24, 2018 23:50

DandelionPowderman

Great! thumbs up

Yeah, that's great (but not that won't have the new album this year)!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2018 00:04

georgelicks
This is the rumoured compilation that it was on talks in Universal about 2 months ago, something to cash in during the 2018 tour and released just in time for father's day, but it looks like it shifted from compilation to vinyl box set to cash in more money out of it.

Universal is not expecting any new album this year, it's not ready yet and the band has no rush to get it done any time soon, 2019 is the new date.

Also, a Beggars Banquet's 50th anniversary re-issue with bonus content is scheduled to be released on November 30th or December 7th, that's confirmed.

OK...Beggars Banquet Deluxe -now we're talking! thumbs up

As for this new vinyl box release, just speculating, but seems they might have made more money with a regular compilation in various formats vs. a box set of vinyl which no matter what kind of "comeback" it's making is still a bit of a niche market. And while it will be more expensive than a comp in all formats, not sure if enough will sell to out-profit a regular compilation which could have been sold at merch stands, etc. at all the upcoming shows. Then again, I'm not as knowledgable as you about the business. I'm also no Universal exec. or an expert at sales strategies - especially for bands that live off of their past glories.

Sad about the supposed new album, but that's something you've already discussed, and I've become used to the fact it's a LONG ways off...disillusioned...hardened...over it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 25, 2018 00:13

Beggar's Banquet Deluxe!!! PLEEEEEEAZE include that excellent version of You Got The Silver w/ Mick on vocals!! Love Keith but it's so weeeeird and interesting to hear Mick sing it, and I've wanted an official release of that for eons...

Date: April 25, 2018 00:56

Hairball
As for this new vinyl box release, just speculating, but seems they might have made more money with a regular compilation in various formats vs. a box set of vinyl which no matter what kind of "comeback" it's making is still a bit of a niche market. And while it will be more expensive than a comp in all formats, not sure if enough will sell to out-profit a regular compilation which could have been sold at merch stands, etc. at all the upcoming shows. Then again, I'm not as knowledgable as you about the business. I'm also no Universal exec. or an expert at sales strategies - especially for bands that live off of their past glories.

They are a 95% "physical product act" so the options are:

1- A "cheap" compilation of 20 warhorses priced at $5-7, it will sell more but not that much, physical sales are down 20-25% each year during the last 8-10 years, also a new Stones compilation is not news to anyone.

2- A 15 album box set priced way higher, it will sell way less than a regular compilation but it will make way more money thanks to the overprice.

So, 100,000/200,000 copies sold of a cheap compilation or 10,000/20,000 for an overpriced box set?

They went with the second option, there's not too much money difference at the end anyway.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 25, 2018 01:07

Tate
Beggar's Banquet Deluxe!!! PLEEEEEEAZE include that excellent version of You Got The Silver w/ Mick on vocals!! Love Keith but it's so weeeeird and interesting to hear Mick sing it, and I've wanted an official release of that for eons...

I go for that one............

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2018 01:07

If they stuck with the compilation idea, they could have added a new remix version of Start Me Up or Out of Control and maybe sold 10-20 copies more? smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 25, 2018 01:43

i dont care for the Vinyl shite, but the BB deluxe release is great News !!
Jeroen

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 25, 2018 02:15

georgelicks

Mono version of BB ? (like last year TSMR deluxe reissue)

Date: April 25, 2018 02:34

kowalski
georgelicks

They are working with bonus material, that's all I know.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 25, 2018 03:39

georgelicks
kowalski
georgelicks

Thanks. Hopefully it will be outtakes...

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 25, 2018 04:00

oh holy crap

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 25, 2018 09:59

Bashlets
If it s a greAtest hits or box set of vinyl then wow what a disappointment. You can find all the old albums on eBay even first pressings fairly regularly

Ditto that.

Despite being a die hard vinyl fan I can't get excited about many reissues.

The digital masters and the mastering to vinyl skills employed always leave a lot to be desired...even with the newer higher spec digital sources.

Now if we got some reissues skilfully cut from the best preserved analogue masters... my pulse might then quicken a little.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:06

georgelicks

>grinning smiley<

Date: April 25, 2018 10:15

Tate

They might save that one for the Let It Bleed anniversary? smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:27

Yes, the latest records and maybe in color vinyl. The reason for the colorful tongues. This is my guess.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:34

I wonder if they are going to add anything new to old BB outtakes - a la Exile and Some Girls deluxe editions...?

Is there still a lot of BB officially unreleased stuff that hasn't made it out in pretty high quality on boot?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 25, 2018 11:03

georgelicks
kowalski
georgelicks

Pay your dues
Family
Sweet Lucy
Highway Child
Jiving Sister Fanny
Travellin Man
Still a Fool
Blood Red Wine
Memo From Turner

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 25, 2018 16:51

should be this one:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Not a bad deal - 370 GBP for 15 Albums and MAYBE we will finally get "Blue And Lonesome" on one disc within this package. At least there's only one record visible.

Just noticed that the post-cards of Exile will be included and - I still can't believe - there's something like a small red/blue cardboard-toungue included.

What else could you wish for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-25 16:55 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2018 17:00

The Rolling Stones: Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971 - 2016

[www.Amazon.com] · [www.Amazon.co.uk] · [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] · [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] - €425.00

Date: April 25, 2018 17:01

KRiffhard
georgelicks
kowalski
georgelicks

Pay your dues
Family
Sweet Lucy
Highway Child
Jiving Sister Fanny
Travellin Man
Still a Fool
Blood Red Wine
Memo From Turner

All officially released earlier.

And I Was Country Boy
Stuck Out All Alone
Other takes of Dear Doctor
Acoustic takes of Family

are other likely candidates, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-25 17:01 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 25, 2018 17:15

A couple of interesting things from this release ...

Sticky Fingers:
Sleeve presented as Andy Warhol’s original design complete with working Zip and hidden image beneath.

180-GRAM HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL
REMASTERED & CUT AT HALF-SPEED IN ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
SOURCED FROM ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES
INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION

[www.recordstore.co.uk]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2018 17:15

Date: April 25, 2018 17:18

So, a 2 LP release of B&L, then..

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home