Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No Filter UK Tour - Food Thread
Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:18

For all those coming to the UK for these shows I urge you to try a Pukka Pie. They are simply superb. Your life will be enhance. Available from most fish and chip shops.

Don't miss out on this delicacy.

Re: No Filter UK Tour - Food Thread
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:20

Of all the great places to eat in London and you want to advise people to eat that garbage.

Nate

Date: April 20, 2018 18:21

Nate
Of all the great places to eat in London and you want to advise people to eat that garbage.

Nate

They are delicious!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:51

Don't forget to order some spam.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:00

show us ya waist-line Kev ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:50

Mars bars -- the "faithfull" swear by it...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:51

Nate

Nate

There’s a hell of a lot more to the U.K. than just London but I’m 100% with you on advising people to eat stuff like this. This country has a poor enough culinary reputation to start with and the likes of Pukka pies, sausage rolls, steak and kidney pies and similar do nothing to improve it.

Every British Town and City has a good selection of restaurants, heavily reliant on immigrant communities who’ve brought their cooking skills with them. When I go to Manchester, I look forward to sampling the famous curry mile, which I’ll be staying near.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:56

stonehearted
Mars bars -- the "faithfull" swear by it...

I'll take one of those ... dark, if you have one smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:13

cant wait to sample a kebab with chilli and garlic sauce in king kebab warsaw.

got one last year, kebab and wrap with sauce washed down with a pint of beer, for about £5.70

also if anyone can recommend any decent chinese or italian eating places in warsaw i would be interested. cheers.

Date: April 21, 2018 00:15

Actually I'm looking forward to a Steak and Ale pie!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:27

Looking forward to trying a steak and ale pie at a local pub, as well as perhaps while in Edinburgh a "Scottish Egg". Had never really heard of them, but after a bit of research, they look worth a try. Also, already have mapped out a great spot for a "Sunday Roast" after a long coach ride back to London from Edinburgh. cool smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 00:48

MisterDDDD
Looking forward to trying a steak and ale pie at a local pub, as well as perhaps while in Edinburgh a "Scottish Egg". Had never really heard of them, but after a bit of research, they look worth a try. Also, already have mapped out a great spot for a "Sunday Roast" after a long coach ride back to London from Edinburgh. cool smiley

I did that in 2015 .... never again! I hope you are a tiny persongrinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 21, 2018 11:59

British cuisine has improved immensely in recent decades. The day's of bubble and squeak, toad in the whole and spotted dick for desert are long gone. Fish and chips and the Sunday roast are two traditional dishes that popular. However, curry is probably the nation's favourite. Town's throughout the U.K. will often have several - or more - curry houses and takeaway's Non-Brits who've never visited the island will probably be surprised of the huge popularity of Asian food and eateries, but it's what we've been doing best for at least a couple of decades.

Date: April 21, 2018 12:03

I have to stop posting on my iPhone. 'Toad in the whole'?

Date: April 21, 2018 13:54

buttons67
cant wait to sample a kebab with chilli and garlic sauce in king kebab warsaw.

got one last year, kebab and wrap with sauce washed down with a pint of beer, for about £5.70

also if anyone can recommend any decent chinese or italian eating places in warsaw i would be interested. cheers.

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences in food which is fine but why on Earth would you go all the way to Poland only to eat kebabs, Chinese and Italian, all freely available at home? Polish cuisine is very varied and well worth a try and there are plenty of restaurants all over Warsaw providing that. Pasaz in the City Centre near the junction of Marszalkowska and Jerozolimskie, I have always found to be excellent value and gets good reviews. It has been there for many years too. Loads of similar places.

Date: April 21, 2018 13:57

Big Al
British cuisine has improved immensely in recent decades. The day's of bubble and squeak, toad in the whole and spotted dick for desert are long gone. Fish and chips and the Sunday roast are two traditional dishes that popular. However, curry is probably the nation's favourite. Town's throughout the U.K. will often have several - or more - curry houses and takeaway's Non-Brits who've never visited the island will probably be surprised of the huge popularity of Asian food and eateries, but it's what we've been doing best for at least a couple of decades.

So British cuisine has improved as a result of being largely abandoned and replaced by more popular foreign imports and so not British Cuisine at all! Curry and Chinese food probably top the list of favourite imports and are plentiful.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 21, 2018 14:11

When I go into a pub in Ireland I don't need a menu...I ask what's the Special today and order that and a pint...Done

Date: April 21, 2018 14:40

Nothing beats a full English breakfast, though smiling smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 14:57

grzegorz67
Big Al

So British cuisine has improved as a result of being largely abandoned and replaced by more popular foreign imports and so not British Cuisine at all! Curry and Chinese food probably top the list of favourite imports and are plentiful.

Indian cuisine cooked by British Asians. That is British. It is no-longer considered 'foreign' It's largely a good think that the dross served-up in yesteryear is gone - with a few exemptions, of course.

Date: April 21, 2018 14:59

DandelionPowderman

At the risk of appearing completely ignorant, what does that entail exactly?

Date: April 21, 2018 15:06

DandelionPowderman

Try a Scottish one with mostly the same components but with added black pudding and square sausage. Even less healthy grinning smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 15:13

Big Al
grzegorz67
Big Al

Indian cuisine cooked by British Asians. That is British. It is no-longer considered 'foreign' It's largely a good think that the dross served-up in yesteryear is gone - with a few exemptions, of course.

In that case it’s French, German and Dutch cuisine too. Or any other country where Indians have settled and set up restaurants. They’re often staffed by Bangladeshis anyway (or their British children & grandchildren). It’s still food cooked with Indian recipes and ideas, regardless of where it’s delivered. I do agree that it’s a good thing though thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 16:13 by grzegorz67.

Date: April 21, 2018 16:07

Rockman
show us ya waist-line Kev ....

One doesn’t eat them every day. Once in a while.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 21, 2018 17:28

grzegorz67

This country has a poor enough culinary reputation to start with and the likes of Pukka pies, sausage rolls, steak and kidney pies and similar do nothing to improve it.

I must admit I am looking forward to a month of sausage rolls and meat pies, washed down with jam tarts and fruit cake with thick icing. I'll pass on the curry, but maybe you have some Polish recommendations to prepare us for the real thing?

Date: April 21, 2018 17:38

DeanGoodman
grzegorz67

This country has a poor enough culinary reputation to start with and the likes of Pukka pies, sausage rolls, steak and kidney pies and similar do nothing to improve it.

I must admit I am looking forward to a month of sausage rolls and meat pies, washed down with jam tarts and fruit cake with thick icing. I'll pass on the curry, but maybe you have some Polish recommendations to prepare us for the real thing?

I’m not Polish Dean - merely a Scot who loves Poland, has visited many times and speaks it a bit (hence my login name) but here are a few things I like:

Pierogi (Polish Dumplings)
Bigos
Barszcz (Beetroot Soup)

Here’s a fuller list

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

I haven’t visited in 4 years and can’t wait.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 21, 2018 17:53

^ Sorry. I meant any Polish restaurants. I don't recall there being an abundance in Britain. There was a Polish supermarket at Elephant and Castle - until the mice too over.

Date: April 21, 2018 18:40

DeanGoodman
^ Sorry. I meant any Polish restaurants. I don't recall there being an abundance in Britain. There was a Polish supermarket at Elephant and Castle - until the mice too over.

There are certainly a good few of them dotted about nowadays and and there will be plenty in London. There’s a huge Polish club in Hammersmith with its own restaurant. Founded 50 years ago.

[www.posk.org]

Whatever type of food you like, you’ll find it in London as it has an expat community of pretty much every country on the Planet.

Date: April 21, 2018 19:53

MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 21, 2018 20:16

DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman

The toast underneath it all is the best part. smoking smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 20:25

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman

The toast underneath it all is the best part. smoking smiley
thumbs up smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home