Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Breaking NEWS !!! ; From The Vault: No Security San Jose 1999
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 20, 2018 16:17

UrbanSteel
Shepherd's Bush was a part of the Bridges To Babylon European Tour 1999 and not a show from the No Security Show.

The tickets said Bridges To Babylon (least UK tickets did as these were postponed dates), the merchandise and the setlists were No Security. If a Shepherds Bush release has to be 'dressed up' as a BtB release then I would agree 100% that the 1999 European Tour was definitely Bridges To Babylon!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 16:21

Why is Bryan Adams' name there?... and so prominently?
Is that the actual cover?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 20, 2018 16:25

Valeswood
UrbanSteel
Shepherd's Bush was a part of the Bridges To Babylon European Tour 1999 and not a show from the No Security Show.

The tickets said Bridges To Babylon (least UK tickets did as these were postponed dates), the merchandise and the setlists were No Security. If a Shepherds Bush release has to be 'dressed up' as a BtB release then I would agree 100% that the 1999 European Tour was definitely Bridges To Babylon!

Stuttgart and Imst were de facto No Security shows. Then it became a Greatest Hits desaster - as always in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 17:51 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 20, 2018 16:27

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 12:24 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 16:34

UrbanSteel

No ,It is the poster with the Original dates for California.

Ok, thanks.
(So I don't have to start the GIF machinery yet ...)

Posted by: longlongwinter ()

I was there...believe it was a make up concert after Mick had to cancel due to voice? Great show but not the best from that tour. The opening night in Oakland was my top 3 Stones gig ever (out of 30+) next to Wiltern Theater and Vegas Babylon. Hopefully they captured a good mix. I know it was filmed as well

Posted by: dcba ()

UrbanSteel

You're right but releasing two prominent shows from 99 in a one nifty package was the thing to do (imo anyway).
Obviously Jagger disagrees... grinning smiley or he wants to keep the release at a decent price.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 20, 2018 17:02

Can't wait, I was there both nights.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:26

YAWN – give us something we don't have access to…

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:33

slewan
YAWN – give us something we don't have access to…

Wow you already have the pro shot video......You're very fortunate

I know some people have it....you must be one of the lucky ones.....now it won't have showtime across the bottom of the screen

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:37

Hoping this is as good as Wembley on 11 June 99 was. Great show.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:44

mjmjr
I know some people have it....you must be one of the lucky ones.....now it won't have showtime across the bottom of the screen
You know, they always can just crop the image to eliminate showtime. I would not be surprise if they will do.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:53

Release both. And these shows were OK but nowhere near as good as the earlier shows.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 19:05

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 20, 2018 19:45

Release date ....?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 20, 2018 20:11

I was at the first of two shows in Anaheim and Green Day was originally supposed to open but pulled out to record more of their silly music, which was more than fine with me cos Bryan Adams blew the roof off. Three piece band, Bryan on bass, and all dressed head to toe in white. Made for a nice offset to the Stones hitting the stage in all black.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 20, 2018 20:16

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 12:24 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 20, 2018 20:19

Ok, thank you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2018 21:33

This will be a nice addition, but the timing of the release seems a bit curious...is this just a temporary replacement to fill the void for the supposed new Stones album?
There was even some talk of another Greatest Hits release to fill the void and cash in on the upcoming tour...maybe they decided on this instead?

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 22:11

I was there...great show.....

Date: April 20, 2018 22:25

longlongwinter
I was there...believe it was a make up concert after Mick had to cancel due to voice? Great show but not the best from that tour. The opening night in Oakland was my top 3 Stones gig ever (out of 30+) next to Wiltern Theater and Vegas Babylon. Hopefully they captured a good mix. I know it was filmed as well

I was there as well, working in SF financial district, taking BART home to Fremont around 2 n the afternoon I stopped at the arena to take a "looksie" around. found an open door, went inside,hung for a bit, hid between seats for an hour, was 25 rows up from the B stage for the entire sound check including B stage!!! then hid for a couple more hours, found an empty seat and watched the entire opening night!!! WHAT A NIGHT.

San Jose was also great for Midnight Rambler on the small stage..Mick brought out the belt and was slapping the stage during the build up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 22:32 by snorton.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2018 22:53

hid between seats for an hour, was 25 rows up from the B stage for the entire sound check including B stage!!! then hid for a couple more hours, found an empty seat and watched the entire opening night!!! WHAT A NIGHT.

....... now that's rock-n-roll ..... good on ya snorton ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:23

I'm not really au fait with post 82 live Stones, so tell me, is this a release I should get excited about? If so, why? Thanks.

Date: April 20, 2018 23:46

Rockman
hid between seats for an hour, was 25 rows up from the B stage for the entire sound check including B stage!!! then hid for a couple more hours, found an empty seat and watched the entire opening night!!! WHAT A NIGHT.

The height of the folly was these 3 moments.

Hiding on the floor between the isles, looking up and seeing a seat cleaner looking down at me, we both smiled and he went on his way.

Later, having an arena attendant see me, I see her, she goes and gets her boss to report on me, I see them coming at me but when we are on opposite sides of a large pillar, we walk in a manner which doesn't allow them to see me but I see there backsides...I reach the opening then run like mad in the open area and because area is round, i get far enough away they can't see me, I hid in the bathroom for an hour as well.

Lastly, about 2 hours before the show starts I'm up high in the cheap seats, an usher comes over to ask my what I'm doing here before the public has been let in. I act sleepy and tell him I "just flew in from Toronto and I'm with the video crew, I'm trying to get a little shut-eye before the show starts" he says sorry Sir and walks away.

Once I heard the doors open and saw the fans...I was home free.
I can attest to the name of the tour "NO SECURITY", even though before the show, I saw the bomb smelling beagles search the stages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 23:48 by snorton.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:56

UrbanSteel

Is there that much of a difference?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:21

The ONLY post-Wyman tour I would love to have on DVD/Blu Ray. Saw them in Anaheim with basically the setlist of the 19th. Charlie and Keith were so on.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:54

snorton
Rockman

Hiding on the floor between the isles, looking up and seeing a seat cleaner looking down at me, we both smiled and he went on his way.

Later, having an arena attendant see me, I see her, she goes and gets her boss to report on me, I see them coming at me but when we are on opposite sides of a large pillar, we walk in a manner which doesn't allow them to see me but I see there backsides...I reach the opening then run like mad in the open area and because area is round, i get far enough away they can't see me, I hid in the bathroom for an hour as well.

Lastly, about 2 hours before the show starts I'm up high in the cheap seats, an usher comes over to ask my what I'm doing here before the public has been let in. I act sleepy and tell him I "just flew in from Toronto and I'm with the video crew, I'm trying to get a little shut-eye before the show starts" he says sorry Sir and walks away.

I can attest to the name of the tour "NO SECURITY", even though before the show, I saw the bomb smelling beagles search the stages.

Lol, fair play to you.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: April 21, 2018 01:04

Great News

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2018 01:04

snorton
Rockman

Great story, snorton! smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 21, 2018 18:37

peoplewitheyes
I'm not really au fait with post 82 live Stones, so tell me, is this a release I should get excited about? If so, why? Thanks.

It was the last time they were truly great. Live, everything after live was a slow walk down the stairs to being a passable Stones Greatest Hits band. Nice, varied setlist. Keith was great, Charlie was on fire, and it starts with a killer Jumping Jack Flash. The last whiff of danger. The final pass of magic. It's worth it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home