Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 24
Re: Breaking NEWS !!! ; From The Vault: No Security San Jose 1999
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 26, 2018 17:13

frankotero
I feel compelled to share my observation. The new LP box set is 5 pages already in 2 days in comparison to this thread. Since I've been on this board myself included there's been a lot of complaining about opening the vaults. Now they are and there's (seemingly) more interest in re-issues. Just found this a little ironic.
I believe this is due the vinyl box has visualization and details via promo adds. And there are more room to complain/speculate about prices, mastering etc. For example, personally I do not plan to purchase that box. Although was tempted at the moment amazon us had a promo (or error) price of $180 for about an hour.

This one is in shadow. Actually, no images, no details, no date, no set list. Just UrbanSteel got info from FSK site.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 26, 2018 17:23

Fair points ironbelly, but it's still confirmed and in my opinion a great announcement. I too briefly thought about buying the vinyl boxset, but the smart side of my brain kicked in thankfully. Anyhow, I suppose it's great for people that don't already own the records. Hey, just noticed we're up to page 4 already.

Date: April 26, 2018 17:52

frankotero
Fair points ironbelly, but it's still confirmed and in my opinion a great announcement. I too briefly thought about buying the vinyl boxset, but the smart side of my brain kicked in thankfully. Anyhow, I suppose it's great for people that don't already own the records. Hey, just noticed we're up to page 4 already.
Yes, that box is great. But still, most already have almost everything, sometimes in the version of original 1st pressing. The new release could be sourced from digital and from unknown mastering. I am CD guy, thus vinyl box is not very interesting for me apart from digital download (and only in the case this one will contain new transfer but not 2009 mastering).

But vault release of unknown concert is the main priority for me. Though I will not go for WARD release.

Date: April 26, 2018 18:03

I'm also not interested in Ward releases, too over inflated in my opinion. But as they say "to each is own". Also I used to be more focused on CDs but now I'm finding myself back to records, the original pressings of course as the newer stuff is all digital. They can catch my interest with color vinyl all analog re-issues. Something special and out of ordinary. My two cents.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 18:14

Very excited for this release, saw shows in Chicago and
Milwaukee, they were outstanding, best opening
ever and you get JJF and Bitch right after, hope we get
some official confirmation and release date
soon

Date: April 26, 2018 18:50

Really hope the amazing concert video intro is included in glorious HD quality. That will destroy me just by itself. Plus Some Girls in this raw fashion, I'm rockin' my ass off!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 26, 2018 19:56

This is long overdue and IMHO the Stones could release multiple shows from this tour as I would surely buy up CD/DVD combos .

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 20:08

I saw the band on Nov. 8, 1969, 2nd and without remembering certain specifics about the night I remember the impression the show had on me. I remember how I felt about the show. It was comforting some 28+ years later to be able to listen to a very nice recording of that show and to recall and understand why I felt the way I did after that show.

The last San Jose show was very well received in the arena. It was LOUD in there. Jagger (cheaply, I thought) kept reminding the audience that the show was being recorded. Perhaps it was because these shows were add-on, make-up shows, perhaps because of the cameras, but the show felt off to me. The band was working too hard to put on a great show, but it felt like they were playing to the cameras. I felt patronized. If there was one song to sum it up it would be Out of Control. It is not a bad song, at all, but its performance seemed simply silly to me, needlessly gratuitous.

Nonetheless I am interested in this release and how it will hit me now.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:37

Awesome!

Extremely looking forward for this!

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 27, 2018 17:12

Really looking forward to this, the From the Vault series have all been excellent releases, it's evident that care was put into getting the best out of the sound and picture on these shows regardless of how they were captured. I also love that they are all available in high quality vinyl editions which don't cost the earth. I hope they keep them coming!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 27, 2018 17:40

ChrisMahavishnu
Really looking forward to this, the From the Vault series have all been excellent releases, it's evident that care was put into getting the best out of the sound and picture on these shows regardless of how they were captured. I also love that they are all available in high quality vinyl editions which don't cost the earth. I hope they keep them coming!

with the exception of Leeds 1982, which is unwatchable.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 17:43

Wild Slivovitz
ChrisMahavishnu

with the exception of Leeds 1982, which is unwatchable.

But that has something to do with camera work, not with the picture quality.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: April 27, 2018 17:51

ChrisMahavishnu

I hope they keep coming too...but this idea that there has to be a video attached to the release is limiting. It's going to exclude some great stuff that many of us would really enjoy from 1970 Europe and '73 Australia.

Date: April 27, 2018 18:17

Personally I'm an audio man, video has importance too but not as much for me. I think I've watched a concert film all the way through only in the theaters and maybe 3 times at home. It gets boring for me. Music should be heard, unless you're at a concert, then it's a combination deal. That's the way I see it.

Re: Update Breaking NEWS !!! ; From The Vault: No Security San Jose 1999
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 27, 2018 20:02

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 12:22 by UrbanSteel.

Date: April 27, 2018 20:30

Translate please

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 27, 2018 20:35

artinis1

Translate please

Simple: no release date yet smiling smiley

Just copy the text and insert it into Google Tanslate: [www.fsk.de] .

Date: April 27, 2018 20:44

Why is it an update then?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 27, 2018 20:49

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 12:22 by UrbanSteel.

Date: April 27, 2018 20:51

Got it, really hope we get a release date soon

Date: April 27, 2018 21:07

I can something about 10 July. Maybe the release date? This would be okay by me.

Date: April 27, 2018 21:10

frankotero

I can something about 10 July. Maybe the release date?

No. It's July 10, 2015 and it refers to a regulation.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 27, 2018 21:16

DandelionPowderman
spunky
Hope it is the April 20 show

Yeah, and they can throw in I Got The Blues as a bonus track smiling smiley

Yes, I am torn ... 19th for I Got The Blues, or 20th w/ Moonlight Mile ... I guess I prefer the 20th but the bonus track would be nice!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 21:18

UrbanSteel
Eagle Rock and Polydor are two different companies, Eagle Rock delivers Video releases with for a short while Vinyl and CD as a extra.
Polydor releases only Audio with sometimes a bonus dvd in a super deluxe release as with Some Girls , Exile and Sticky Fingers.

Yes, but they are both owned by the same company, Universal Music Group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-27 21:19 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: April 28, 2018 08:34

My German might be a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that doc says they are invading France soon? Did I read that right?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2018 09:43

HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... good one Mr Kennedy ....HHHHHAAAA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 28, 2018 16:33

Kennedy
My German might be a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that doc says they are invading France soon? Did I read that right?
Rockman
HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... good one Mr Kennedy ....HHHHHAAAA

thumbs up LMAO! ... read between the lines, Kennedy is right!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 28, 2018 16:43

Too soon fellas, too soon...

Date: April 28, 2018 16:50

LeonidP

Where do you read such a nonsense confused smiley

Date: April 28, 2018 17:39

Irix
LeonidP

Where do you read such a nonsense confused smiley
I believe, here
[iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home