Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Buzz from Melvins “10 albums that made me”. Sticky Fingers
Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: April 20, 2018 06:43

“Sticky Fingers, to me, is rock & roll, top to bottom. It's the basis of why rock & roll is so cool. It's brimming with their influences, from blues to country, and they embrace it. They see the good in all those sorts of things. I see the good in them as well.

How did the Rolling Stones influence the Melvins? Oh my god, I don't even know where to begin. The simplicity of their playing is amazing. It's part of their genius. Yet it's very complex. If you listen to a song like "Moonlight Mile," just the rhythms and the way Mick Taylor is playing, it's very complex. And a song like "Brown Sugar," I can't believe they got away with that, you know? But that's the song. It's like, not everything is a social commentary. And there is such a thing as writing something from the third person. Just because I wrote a song it doesn't mean it's what I personally think. People need to lighten up about that sort of thing. It's just music. It's art. And art is something you enjoy”

[www.revolvermag.com]-–-bayou-country-1969

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home