Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - April 2018
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 12:03

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Just my little feedback for you:
Nice post above, but I don´t think you have to apologize because you didn´t say anything wrong, only expressed your feelings and honest thoughts...and this should be possible on this board. BV the owner makes the rules, but I don´t think his post was addressed to you specifically, but rather in general, and this Telegraph report made it a little difficult...Anyway there are a lot of different attitudes to this subject...a lot of people only read and do not comment, may be you did speak for some...
I also wish you well!

thumbs up I wish you well, too

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 11, 2018 12:43

I wish you well too HomerSimpson

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 15:25

Whilst the reasons for not publishing rehearsal locations are pretty obvious, in previous years there have been detailed reports on this board about rehearsals. I don't think BV has banned anyone from posting their own stories of the rehearsals (as long as they don't publish the location) but has said that he should not be obligated to publish his own. I might be incorrect in that but it's what I understand. Nevertheless, he has given us some tantalising clues.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:00

Anyone is free to pubish anything they hear or see in public as long as it is not in violation with the security with the band. Nedless to say, locations and exact procedures of arrivals and departures are in the category of security issues. Such info might be fatal in the wrong minds.

What you hear on a public street is completely up to the individual listener to publish. If it is a private discussion between two individuals then it has no space here on IORR, may be in The SUN or some other press with less ethics. What you hear of song titles etc is usually not a big secret. Still, keep in mind that quite a few on IORR are looking forward to the first show as a big surprise. If you post "spioler info" about songs, which might be interesting to some, it might ruin the surprise factor for many here on IORR. That is one of many reasons why some, like me, don't publish many details from reherals. Then some say "for me only info"... Well wake up folks. Nothing is private or limited on Internet. One day it is between us. Next hour it is a headline across the Internet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:04

You're right BV

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:48

Well for me, I’m vey curious for the songs which they rehearsed. Don’t mind to know before my first show. Maybe there can be opened a topic with the songtitles.
As header for the topic
SECRET, SONGS PLAYED ON REHEARSELS
So anybody who doesn’t want to know, shouldn’t look. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 16:49 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:51

My idea ~ film the rehearsals and release a DVD

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 11, 2018 18:41

Christiaan
Well for me, I’m vey curious for the songs which they rehearsed.

Per James Hall in The Telegraph:

Jumping Jack Flash
Wild Horses
Angie
Street Fighting Man
Shine A Light
Sympathy For The Devil
Under My Thumb

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2018 18:43

bye bye johnny
Christiaan

Jumping Jack Flash
Wild Horses
Angie
Street Fighting Man
Shine A Light
Sympathy For The Devil
Under My Thumb

You can add Miss You to that list. grinning smiley

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 11, 2018 19:02

I hope they keep Street Fighting Man in the set list,it was an absolute beast last year.

Nate

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 19:06

bv
Anyone is free to pubish anything they hear or see in public as long as it is not in violation with the security with the band. Nedless to say, locations and exact procedures of arrivals and departures are in the category of security issues. Such info might be fatal in the wrong minds.

What you hear on a public street is completely up to the individual listener to publish. If it is a private discussion between two individuals then it has no space here on IORR, may be in The SUN or some other press with less ethics. What you hear of song titles etc is usually not a big secret. Still, keep in mind that quite a few on IORR are looking forward to the first show as a big surprise. If you post "spioler info" about songs, which might be interesting to some, it might ruin the surprise factor for many here on IORR. That is one of many reasons why some, like me, don't publish many details from reherals. Then some say "for me only info"... Well wake up folks. Nothing is private or limited on Internet. One day it is between us. Next hour it is a headline across the Internet.

What is the most important, knowing what songs they'll play or to be at the secret gig.
I think someone could write a message here saying:
Go guys on this website or that one where he'll post the address rehearsals and the next secret gig place. Nothing wrong with IORR rules. It won't be me... I don't have these...smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 11, 2018 19:58

ouroux58
bv

What is the most important, knowing what songs they'll play or to be at the secret gig.
I think someone could write a message here saying:
Go guys on this website or that one where he'll post the address rehearsals and the next secret gig place. Nothing wrong with IORR rules. It won't be me... I don't have these...smoking smiley

Location can not be that secret anymore - Clapham. "What a beautiful English thing. If you hold your phone to your ear you can just about hear a Rolling Stones bass line... rehearsing in Clapham Old Town... with about 200 people outside the pubs and oblivious...and yes they did play Wild Horses as I listened outside on the pavement through the window...

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 20:11

Any realistic chance of a secret club gig in Dublin?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2018 20:18

IrelandCalling4
Any realistic chance of a secret club gig in Dublin?

Would hope so, and it would certainly add more excitement/publicity to the upcoming tour and help the poor sales.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2018 21:16

"Closed for business..but not for long"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 21:36

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny
Christiaan

Jumping Jack Flash
Wild Horses
Angie
Street Fighting Man
Shine A Light
Sympathy For The Devil
Under My Thumb

You can add Miss You to that list. grinning smiley

[www.instagram.com]

Ok thanks, still hoping for a suprise! Song not or not often performed. At least one I haven’t witnessed myself live.
No Expectations
Would be great and and also true, because we all know by now they are not adventurous with their playlist...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-11 21:36 by Christiaan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2018 21:54

bv
MisterDDDD
I'm hoping for a couple "new" songs from Blue & Lonesome.

Just your Fool and Ride 'em on Down were fantastic to hear live, would love to see them mix it up and sub in Commit a Crime and Little Rain.

Just go on the tour and your wish will come true. There are four in the can as we speak.

And to those who complaing about ticket prices and everything else in life: This will be a most fascinating tour. Get a ticket for a show or more if you don't have it already. No regrets. This is the going home tour.

The "four in the can" as bv replied to my earlier post wanting to hear more/different from B&L, has in my mind assured us of at least one "new" B&L track.
Sticking with my original choices, but wouldn't mind hearing "Hate To See You Go" live.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 11, 2018 22:43

Hopefully, it's a very extended version of Miss You, like 45 minutes long.......I kid!

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: May 12, 2018 00:37

All time the same setlist.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 12, 2018 00:40

beachbreak
Hopefully, it's a very extended version of Miss You, like 45 minutes long.......I kid!

Maybe not a bad idea...because with 80,000 people, the bathroom lines will be really longeye rolling smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 12, 2018 00:45

Licks tour Columbus they played "Soul Survivor" at sound check. Sorry it took so long to let you guys know. I was busy.

Date: May 12, 2018 00:49

The rehearsals this week was done at a new location vs the last week. This week it was full production rehearsals. Which means you don't get to hear much, unless you are willing to move around in-between airplanes, cars, birds and all sorts of other noise. How I missed the sharp and clear sound at the Omnibus Theatre in Clampam Old Town at times.

Most of this week I was on my own, anyone who passed by this area would hear nothing see nothing. Wednesday had a great finish I am still dreaming about:

Sway (two complete takes)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Slipping Away

While Keith did "Slipping Away" a crow was sitting on top of the corner of the roof of the hugh studio building, on the corner facing me. I had Keith on the magnificent "encore" finishing off four hours of Stones rehearsals that day, while the crow was singing along. These three songs would have been the perfect finish of any concert for me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 12, 2018 00:53

Thanks Bjornulf !!

Date: May 12, 2018 00:57

Thursday and Friday it got a bit more crowded at the rehearsals location. We were may be five or six on Thursday and a "massive" crowd of fourteen tonight. I guess some came because they had the same dream as any other Stones fans - to be invited in for the final set. Unfortunately that never happend, and to be honest, normally it don't happen.

Today they were running through the complete set list that we might expect them to be perform next week in Dublin, a whole set lasting two hours. Thsn just after the sound of Satisfaction ended, they posted this on the web...

Not long after everybody took off. Mick did a nice gesture by making his drived slow down, then rollmng down his window and waving at us. Thanks Mick, and see you all in Dublin next week.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-12 01:00 by bv.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 12, 2018 01:06

Thanks for the hints bv! thumbs up

"Sway (two complete takes)"

Sounds like this will make it to the setlist - at least for the first show or two.
Might end up as a candidate for one of the song votes, in which case I would definitely vote for it...but only if Mick Taylor will be playing the solo (just kidding!) winking smiley

Date: May 12, 2018 01:10

We were quite an international "crowd" today, at the rehearsals, with fans originating from UK, Hungary, The Netherlands, USA, New Zealand, Argentina, Poland and Norway, sorry if I lost count on may be a country or so tonight. Most of the fans here had plans for seeing the band for most of the shows of the tour, may be eight shows or more during the tour. The good thing is I think the Stones have planned to circulate a number of songs, so that fans who go to more than one show may be getting more than just twenty or so songs.

It has been two great weeks in London. I miss my family. Time to go home now, for a few days, before I move on to Dublin early next week. Thanks to everyone I met during these two weeks. It may have been lonely at times, but you are never alone when The Rolling Stones are in town!

Bjornulf

Date: May 12, 2018 01:16

To be honest, I don't think either Sway or Knocking will make it to the main setlist. They are to complex and demanding. Too risky for an opening night. But for London show #2 or any other place really when they feel like it they might throw in one of them or both. And to have "Slipping Away" as the final song of a show it will be in my dreams but not for real I think.

They have been working hard on several songs out of "Out Of Our Heads" they normally don't play, this will be the highlight of the shows for me. I just hope they keep these songs in the set, it will bring back the mid 60's feeling of the very young Mr Richards on guitar, I just can't wait until next week to hear it.

The band is in great shape, all smiles, and they are just like horses just before the race is about to start - very ready.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 12, 2018 01:24

Thank you so much BV. This sounds like it really will be a special tour and you had an interesting time in London.

Take care and enjoy the Weekend.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 12, 2018 01:38

working hard on several songs out of "Out Of Our Heads"

Spider and the Fly ..... ????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 12, 2018 01:48

Rockman
working hard on several songs out of "Out Of Our Heads"