Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - April 2018
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2018 21:33

Cristiano Radtke
"What a beautiful English thing. If you hold your phone to your ear you can just about hear a Rolling Stones bass line... rehearsing in Clapham Old Town... with about 200 people outside the pubs and oblivious... and yes they did play Wild Horses as I listened outside on the pavement through the window.... I tried to snap Keef as he left but the security were having none of it"

[www.instagram.com]
thumbs up
How very cool..
Gotta think it's a much better vibe for the band than a gated lot, with a generic soundstage and a couple dozen fans hangin outside.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 10, 2018 02:45

Why is everything such a secret? I don’t mean from the Stones camp itself. I mean from people that run or post to the board. Isn’t the point to gather scraps of information and share? So if someone knows what was rehearsed, why not share it with the board? I’m in Pennsylvania. If I was in UK, and I knew where the rehearsal was, I’d be there every day recording and streaming away, and would certainly not keep the info to myself. If I knew the Stones were at a specific location (a rehearsal studio, hotel, or elsewhere) I would certainly share that information here. Gives others a chance to hear the rehearsal or perhaps get a photo or autograph. Or just watch a limo drive by and wave.

So why all the secrecy? It’s just frustrating to me that it seems there are people who post here that know everything that was rehearsed and won’t share. Just like it seems people know more about future touring plans and won’t share that either.

I hope I don’t get banned for this. I’m an infrequent poster but more active when a tour is happening. I’m also dying of pancreatic cancer and will likely never see them again so I’m virtually following the action my my home in Pennsylvania. In the past we got all kinds of juicy information from the rehearsals. This time it’s nothing even though people do know, and gathered the information from a public street. There was no invasion of privacy. If the Stones were that concerned I’m sure they could find somewhere in England to rehearse where no one would know or hear them.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 10, 2018 11:44

Please do respect the fact that I am a private person. I do not want to be a matter of public discussion, and I do not accept that people expect me to work for them. If I have something to say in public, I will do so on my own will, not because somebody demand or threaten me to do so.

As it happens, I do run a web site called iorr.org. It has got some two million visitors every year, and some tens of thousands of these have posting authority on this forum. IORR has been running online since 1996 so it is now 22 years old still running. Before that there was the IORR magazine since 1980, so the IORR "service" has been around for 38 years. I am sure I could have done other things in life during those 38 years, may be just a fan without spending time on IORR. I run IORR as a free service in my spare time. As you may have noticed, you did not pay anything for being here, and there is no ads, and I don't sell your soul or privacy like the other major players (one of them do even say "we shall not be evil").

I do some times comment on IORR, as I am a fan and I have my own opinion. I do some times write stories, reports, thinks that happen. May be I have time to update my private blog stoneslife.org but I don't know. Last year was busy, this year is even more busy. I spend all my spare time following the Stones. There is a fine line between stalking and being a fan, I try my best not to cross that line. I do respect them, their hard work, and I would never do anything that might ever put them into danger or even make trouble for them, because after 47 years as a fan of them, I feel I am responsible, with all the information I do have.

I am the editor and moderator of IORR so if someone start discussing me as a private person here, or any other private person, then I will just delete that post, as it is breaking the privacy of the individuals. I am not a public person, I am not an insider, I have many friends, probably ten thousand or more on the road, but none of my real friends would ever accuse me of being hostile to other fans, so I will leave it with that.

Also, the more people ask me, or threaten me, in order to say something, or comment on songs, club shows, set lists, tour dates, the less I do want to say or tell. That's the nature of how I am. To those who ask for more from me, please ask yourself this question: Would you rather have less?

Luckily most fans here are hard working and they love the Stones. I do respect all fans so don't worry about Dirty Harry deleting your posting ability or banning you from IORR, I hardly banned anyone for half a year as it seems. I just wanted to tell that some times there is not all that much to tell, except I will tell if there is time.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-10 12:00 by bv.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: May 10, 2018 12:06

bv
Please do respect the fact that I am a private person. I do not want to be a matter of public discussion, and I do not accept that people expect me to work for them. If I have something to say in public, I will do so on my own will, not because somebody demand or threaten me to do so.

As it happens, I do run a web site called iorr.org. It has got some two million visitors every year, and some tens of thousands of these have posting authority on this forum. IORR has been running online since 1996 so it is now 22 years old still running. Before that there was the IORR magazine since 1980, so the IORR "service" has been around for 38 years. I am sure I could have done other things in life during those 38 years, may be just a fan without spending time on IORR. I run IORR as a free service in my spare time. As you may have noticed, you did not pay anything for being here, and there is no ads, and I don't sell your soul or privacy like the other major players (one of them do even say "we shall not be evil").

I do some times comment on IORR, as I am a fan and I have my own opinion. I do some times write stories, reports, thinks that happen. May be I have time to update my private blog stoneslife.org but I don't know. Last year was busy, this year is even more busy. I spend all my spare time following the Stones. There is a fine line between stalking and being a fan, I try my best not to cross that line. I do respect them, their hard work, and I would never do anything that might ever put them into danger or even make trouble for them, because after 47 years as a fan of them, I feel I am responsible, with all the information I do have.

I am the editor and moderator of IORR so if someone start discussing me as a private person here, or any other private person, then I will just delete that post, as it is breaking the privacy of the individuals. I am not a public person, I am not an insider, I have many friends, probably ten thousand or more on the road, but none of my real friends would ever accuse me of being hostile to other fans, so I will leave it with that.

Also, the more people ask me, or threaten me, in order to say something, or comment on songs, club shows, set lists, tour dates, the less I do want to say or tell. That's the nature of how I am. To those who ask for more from me, please ask yourself this question: Would you rather have less?

Luckily most fans here are hard working and they love the Stones. I do respect all fans so don't worry about Dirty Harry deleting your posting ability or banning you from IORR, I hardly banned anyone for half a year as it seems. I just wanted to tell that some times there is not all that much to tell, except I will tell if there is time.

Well said. I certainly appreciate the volumes of information you supply to fans through your dedication. Keep up the good work and enjoy the tour!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 10, 2018 13:14

HomerSimpson
Why is everything such a secret? I don’t mean from the Stones camp itself. I mean from people that run or post to the board. Isn’t the point to gather scraps of information and share? So if someone knows what was rehearsed, why not share it with the board? I’m in Pennsylvania. If I was in UK, and I knew where the rehearsal was, I’d be there every day recording and streaming away, and would certainly not keep the info to myself. If I knew the Stones were at a specific location (a rehearsal studio, hotel, or elsewhere) I would certainly share that information here. Gives others a chance to hear the rehearsal or perhaps get a photo or autograph. Or just watch a limo drive by and wave.

So why all the secrecy? It’s just frustrating to me that it seems there are people who post here that know everything that was rehearsed and won’t share. Just like it seems people know more about future touring plans and won’t share that either.

I hope I don’t get banned for this. I’m an infrequent poster but more active when a tour is happening. I’m also dying of pancreatic cancer and will likely never see them again so I’m virtually following the action my my home in Pennsylvania. In the past we got all kinds of juicy information from the rehearsals. This time it’s nothing even though people do know, and gathered the information from a public street. There was no invasion of privacy. If the Stones were that concerned I’m sure they could find somewhere in England to rehearse where no one would know or hear them.

Couldn't agree more!
Hendrik Mulder

Date: May 10, 2018 13:26

HomerSimpson

I hope I don’t get banned for this. I’m an infrequent poster but more active when a tour is happening. I’m also dying of pancreatic cancer and will likely never see them again so I’m virtually following the action my my home in Pennsylvania. In the past we got all kinds of juicy information from the rehearsals. This time it’s nothing even though people do know, and gathered the information from a public street.

Stay strong and best wishes to you. I know how you feel.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 10, 2018 13:53

hanging around a Clapham side street for numerous days hoping to hear/see members of the RS isn't my idea of a good time but each to their own.

Whether these indiviuals decide to share or supress their information during this time is none of my business.

As you were, BV...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-10 13:54 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 10, 2018 14:04

of course anybody is free to do as he or she sees fit. every choice is respectable. mine would be to share since I believe the band and their entourage has the shoulders and resources to resist the hype that can gather on a stones reharsal site in 2018.

an important point is also that anyone, exspecially in london these days, was also free to move the butt out and search and report if that is so important.

but we have been here before, haven't we?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 10, 2018 14:18

maumau
of course anybody is free to do as he or she sees fit. every choice is respectable. mine would be to share since I believe the band and their entourage has the shoulders and resources to resist the hype that can gather on a stones reharsal site in 2018.

an important point is also that anyone, exspecially in london these days, was also free to move the butt out and search and report if that is so important.

but we have been here before, haven't we?

Why should they have to though? The whole idea of rehearsing secretly in a quiet backstreet location that no-one knows is to get in good shape to perform to paying customers at the big venues to the very best of their ability so surely they're best left well alone to do that ? Rich and famous as they are, these guys are also human beings with lives, friends and families too, just like everyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-10 14:20 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 10, 2018 14:58

There may be any number of good reasons for the rehearsals to have been kept rather more on the QT than usual .

Why can't we just accept that and not moan about it so much .confused smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2018 15:05

Spud

Why can't we just accept that and not moan about it so much .confused smiley

Because it were really nice times at Vilvoorde 2007 or Bondy 2012/14 .... winking smiley

Date: May 10, 2018 15:44

grzegorz67
Why should they have to though? The whole idea of rehearsing secretly in a quiet backstreet location that no-one knows is to get in good shape to perform to paying customers at the big venues to the very best of their ability so surely they're best left well alone to do that ? Rich and famous as they are, these guys are also human beings with lives, friends and families too, just like everyone else.

yes of course you can see it from that perspective, but you could also see it from the perspective of guys that have made a fortune out of popularity and hype and publicity, that all means "being in public". So, at least it is arguable.

Me thinks that it is and it should be that kind of play where you keep secrecy but you are well prepared to accept (not to speak of "being happy with") the fact that secrecy fall.

Yes there's is a line between popularity and privacy, and that is the line of respect which I would not everwant to trespass.

Am I trespassing it if I share the info of the site of the "secret" reharsal?

Well it is arguable, at least, imo.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 10, 2018 15:56

maumau
grzegorz67

yes of course you can see it from that perspective, but you could also see it from the perspective of guys that have made a fortune out of popularity and hype and publicity, that all means "being in public". So, at least it is arguable.

Me thinks that it is and it should be that kind of play where you keep secrecy but you are well prepared to accept (not to speak of "being happy with") the fact that secrecy fall.

Yes there's is a line between popularity and privacy, and that is the line of respect which I would not everwant to trespass.

You are trespassing if you break the Editor's rules. If you want to publish their secret whereabouts, start your own website, do it there and set your own rules. We'll (very soon) see how long your website lasts. The Stones have a very powerful PR machine behind them and can detect and delete Social Media posts very quickly indeed!

They do their public bit when they appear on stage or TV as contracted. If you share their secret whereabouts, even if you don't go there yourself, you create an opportunity for others to do so and there is a huge spectrum of human beings out there, some of unsound mind. Think Mark Chapman and others.

Date: May 10, 2018 16:19

grzegorz67
maumau
grzegorz67

You are trespassing if you break the Editor's rules. If you want to publish their secret whereabouts, start your own website, do it there and set your own rules. We'll (very soon) see how long your website lasts. The Stones have a very powerful PR machine behind them and can detect and delete Social Media posts very quickly indeed!

They do their public bit when they appear on stage or TV as contracted. If you share their secret whereabouts, even if you don't go there yourself, you create an opportunity for others to do so and there is a huge spectrum of human beings out there, some of unsound mind. Think Mark Chapman and others.

Yes, I see you are reasoning from a corporate/institutional point of view which is perfectly legitimate. On the other hand, when you talk about information, there is the right and will to be informed, to get to know. Which is so legitimate that the freedom of the press is (or should be) built on that. Imagine a world in which, because people in some kind of power decide to keep something secret, those who make it public are doing wrong and must be considered bad..

You are perfectly right though when you say that this website has an editor with his own rules and editorial line. In fact I was saying something along these same lines when I wrote that everyone is free to move and search and report on their own if they think it is worth, and not simply sit and lament behind a screen.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 10, 2018 16:30

they should live stream the rehearsals....on facebook...4/5 songs maybe...that would be cool...

Date: May 10, 2018 17:19

Guys...

BV always shares a lot of information. But only when he wants to at the time he wishes to.

I am pretty sure he would have made a rehearsals page of big post with a lot of information now that the rehearsals are over. He always does.

Remember it is a privilege to receive inside info. Nobody has the right to demand anything so I just hope BV will still share the information as i am pretty sure he intended to.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 10, 2018 17:26

Don't think rehearsals are over...

Tweet today from Sasha Allen:

Good morning!!!!! And good afternoon!!!!! Enjoying rehearsals with #RollingStones

[twitter.com]

Date: May 10, 2018 17:40

Rip This
they should live stream the rehearsals....on facebook...4/5 songs maybe...that would be cool...

+1 thumbs up

Date: May 10, 2018 17:50

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Guys...

BV always shares a lot of information. But only when he wants to at the time he wishes to.

I am pretty sure he would have made a rehearsals page of big post with a lot of information now that the rehearsals are over. He always does.

Remember it is a privilege to receive inside info. Nobody has the right to demand anything so I just hope BV will still share the information as i am pretty sure he intended to.

I have been very cautious and respectful of BV editorial choices in my post, exactly because respect and gratefulness is due for the reasons you say.

Having said that, I also respect stones people who live maybe on the other side of the planet and are hungry for fresh news from the reharsal and, legitimately, think that sharing info of that, from people that do not break into private space but stand in a public street listening or strolling or sightseeing is not a capital crime.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:18

Photos from James Hall's 5/9 piece in The Telegraph:

Pedro Bastin

The Omnibus Theatre Credit: James Hall

The sign posted on the theatre door

[subscriber.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:26

bye bye johnny

'maintenance'? well said – this band isn't young anymore winking smiley

Date: May 10, 2018 18:28

slewan
bye bye johnny

'maintenance'? well said – this band isn't young anymore winking smiley

ahahahahah exactly spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 10, 2018 21:09

Things might be different now secrecy-wise because the world has changed - for the worse, I'm afraid.

Date: May 10, 2018 21:26

you make a good point Hairball, I agree, no big deal. that is but also should be the keyword about "news" on stones rehearsal 2018.
in one week no one will be interested that much in the rehearsals and we will be satisfied with and arguing about the setlists spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2018 21:37

maumau
you make a good point Hairball, I agree, no big deal. that is but also should be the keyword about "news" on stones rehearsal 2018.
in one week no one will be interested that much in the rehearsals and we will be satisfied with and arguing about the setlists spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thumbs up

And if we did know what was being rehearsed only to find out that none of the rehearsed rarities are being played at the concerts, we'd complain about that also!
Maybe that's part of the reason behind bv's secrecy? Doesn't want to give the whiners and complainers more fuel to moan about? smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2018 22:24

Hairball
maumau

thumbs up

And if we did know what was being rehearsed only to find out that none of the rehearsed rarities are being played at the concerts, we'd complain about that also!
Maybe that's part of the reason behind bv's secrecy? Doesn't want to give the whiners and complainers more fuel to moan about? smiling smiley

ahahahah exactly grinning smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 10, 2018 22:51

Best wishes to you, HomerSimpson.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 11, 2018 01:47

frankly, i'll go with the secrecy nowadays. means more days with less complaining when they open with "jumpin' jack flash". imagine, the rolling stones playing their biggest hits!

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 11, 2018 02:25

Thanks for anyone who has wished me well.

BV - sorry I irked you. I’m almost certain I did not speak about anyone personally besides myself. I read the story.....said there were several people there. I assumed you were the European in the story but since there were others present as well, and I assume they all are on this board,I just asked a question. Never demanded anything - esp from you. Asked why nothing was shared, sure. But making demands - no.

Chemo brain is real, and it is hell and sometimes I absolutely forget things, or say something stupid. Apologies if I crossed some invisible line. I love this site and check in literally a dozen + times a day. This is tour central and I’m looking forward to following it here. In the state I am in - fresh home from the 45th (?) chemo treatment, I feel like crap nonstop. This is one of the very few things I have to look forward to.

Keep up the good work.

Date: May 11, 2018 03:18

Just my little feedback for you:
Nice post above, but I don´t think you have to apologize because you didn´t say anything wrong, only expressed your feelings and honest thoughts...and this should be possible on this board. BV the owner makes the rules, but I don´t think his post was addressed to you specifically, but rather in general, and this Telegraph report made it a little difficult...Anyway there are a lot of different attitudes to this subject...a lot of people only read and do not comment, may be you did speak for some...
I also wish you well!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home