Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - April 2018
Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 1, 2018 10:41

Irix - what makes you think south-west - I hope you are right I’m working in London and that would be even easier for me to go and check out.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 1, 2018 11:25

I've just compared some pictures of rehearsal rooms in London and found quite similar looking pictures and details. You could btw also clearly recognize the May 2014 location.

Since the Tour-Hotels can't be posted here, I think it's the same with the rehearsal location ....

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 1, 2018 12:01

Irix
I've just compared some pictures of rehearsal rooms in London and found quite similar looking pictures and details. You could btw also clearly recognize the May 2014 location.

Since the Tour-Hotels can't be posted here, I think it's the same with the rehearsal location ....

I'm sure the same rules apply for the same safety and security reasons.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 1, 2018 15:59

The iMac has been used for quite a while. At least since 2004 when I saw it backstage. I was going to ask what it was for, but thought that they used it to record the show.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 1, 2018 22:48

What about the set .....
Thinking about the new box, they have an opportunity to dust off little sister, lies, one hit and hang fire ...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 2, 2018 00:57

mariano
What about the set .....
Thinking about the new box, they have an opportunity to dust off little sister, lies, one hit and hang fire ...

Oh, and Slave.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 2, 2018 01:44

yes

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: May 2, 2018 02:24

Because Jagger now that Keith is not able to play Much anymore.See what happens in Stockholm last year.Hopeless playing

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2018 03:04

tommycharles
GasLightStreet
HonkeyTonkFlash
Why do we even have a rehearsal thread at this point? It was fun back when people used to be able to congregate outside and hear what they were trying out different. Apparently no one gets that close anymore.

U2 have been extremely quiet about their rehearsal location yet alone any leakage.

Completely untrue, we had detailed reports of every night of U2’s rehearsals (once they made it to production rehearsals, that is, obviously they spent some time in their studios playing together).

Of the current rehearsals, from what all I've read.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2018 18:15

GasLightStreet
tommycharles
GasLightStreet
HonkeyTonkFlash
Why do we even have a rehearsal thread at this point? It was fun back when people used to be able to congregate outside and hear what they were trying out different. Apparently no one gets that close anymore.

U2 have been extremely quiet about their rehearsal location yet alone any leakage.

Completely untrue, we had detailed reports of every night of U2’s rehearsals (once they made it to production rehearsals, that is, obviously they spent some time in their studios playing together).

Of the current rehearsals, from what all I've read.

Here is a video from a U2 rehearsal location.... son not completely quiet

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-02 18:15 by mtaylor.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 2, 2018 20:09

harlem shuffle
Because Jagger now that Keith is not able to play Much anymore.See what happens in Stockholm last year.Hopeless playing

Ronnie is the Stones guitarist. Mick told Ronnie to play all those Keith parts really really well or you are done. One bright sunny day Ronnie woke up, chucked all those liquor bottles into the skip. Part of the reason Ronnie is so happy these days, has two new kiddies. Most credit goes to Sally. This guy even dodged lung cancer. The core Stones are Mick and Ronnie today. The most healthy ones. Charlie soldiers on with his bad back, his loyalty keeps him on Stones tours if you can call these tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-02 20:12 by triceratops.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 2, 2018 20:54

triceratops
harlem shuffle

Ronnie is the Stones guitarist. Mick told Ronnie to play all those Keith parts really really well or you are done. One bright sunny day Ronnie woke up, chucked all those liquor bottles into the skip. Part of the reason Ronnie is so happy these days, has two new kiddies. Most credit goes to Sally. This guy even dodged lung cancer. The core Stones are Mick and Ronnie today. The most healthy ones. Charlie soldiers on with his bad back, his loyalty keeps him on Stones tours if you can call these tours.

As sad as it is to say, when watching the Fonda Theater show it's obvious that Ronnie is carrying 99% of the load, while Keith only comes to the fore when he hits those classic opening riffs.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 2, 2018 21:02

I am all for a critical and objective view of the stones and their doings and not-doings, until tour comes closer and so does all this bitter sourness about them, and then I become a fan again

Date: May 2, 2018 22:42

GAFF
triceratops
harlem shuffle

As sad as it is to say, when watching the Fonda Theater show it's obvious that Ronnie is carrying 99% of the load, while Keith only comes to the fore when he hits those classic opening riffs.

I don't know how people come to a conclusion like this? Does Ronnie play the solos on Bitch, the leading riffs on BS and CYHMK, the lead acoustic slide on YOU Gotta Move, the phaser licks on Whip, the Spanish guitar outro on Sister Morphine?

The only part Ronnie doubles with Keith is the lick on CYHMK before each verse line.

Keith plays more lead guitar, licks and riffs on SF Live than he does on SF!

Date: May 2, 2018 23:24

DandelionPowderman
GAFF
triceratops
harlem shuffle

I don't know how people come to a conclusion like this? Does Ronnie play the solos on Bitch, the leading riffs on BS and CYHMK, the lead acoustic slide on YOU Gotta Move, the phaser licks on Whip, the Spanish guitar outro on Sister Morphine?

The only part Ronnie doubles with Keith is the lick on CYHMK before each verse line.

I can only go by what is obvious on the Fonda Show DVD.

Date: May 3, 2018 00:08

GAFF
DandelionPowderman
GAFF
triceratops
harlem shuffle

Please feel free to correct any of my info above. If you can't do that, you're wrong and should be decent enough to admit that..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 3, 2018 00:32

Well I could use a CURRENT CLIP of wassup right now with the men
(can’t say ‘boys’ anymore)
rat a tat tat
from Chawlie

who cares anymore let’s just show up and party...

Date: May 3, 2018 00:45

DandelionPowderman
GAFF
DandelionPowderman
GAFF
triceratops
harlem shuffle

Please feel free to correct any of my info above. If you can't do that, you're wrong and should be decent enough to admit that..

Yes Keith does play all those parts. As I said, of course he plays ALL of the classic opening riffs, and Ronnie plays pretty much everything else. No need to get adversarial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 00:51 by GAFF.

Date: May 3, 2018 01:09

Wrong info needs corrections. People may believe your inaccuracies.

Date: May 3, 2018 01:29

DandelionPowderman
Wrong info needs corrections. People may believe your inaccuracies.

You’re taking this all way too seriously. We can disagree without you getting edgy, can’t we? Your attitude is less than friendly. That’s a shame.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 3, 2018 02:34

...sorry Gaff but team Dandy here...too much misinformation and conjecture on this board already and a huge turn off...work with facts...they are our friends....you want to rant?...you have every right too...but the facts need to be respected.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2018 03:21

For better or worse, Keith does play quite a bit on the Sticky Fingers live release.
And for better or worse, the same goes for Ronnie.

Without Mick Taylor, it's sort of a meaningless release imo except maybe as a souvenir for those who were in attendance.

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 3, 2018 03:56

In my opinion, the Stones have a fantastic ensemble sound and still
produce powerful shows. Keith contributes as much or more to that
great ensemble sound as any of the other musicians. If somebody doesn't
think he is being fancy enough in his playing for their particular taste,
okay, so don't go. But don't try to drain the excitement out of this thread.
Go to, or start, a thread about what you really like about whatever past shows
you really enjoyed.

And while I haven't listened to all of Fonda, the parts I have heard
have the most gorgeous overall sound and vibe. I was stunned at how good it
sounded. I'm not a very technical guy, or retro guy, so I don't listen to
many shows, or concentrate on any one person's playing, but damn I don't see
what there is to complain about in getting such a sweet and unique performance
from the latter-day Stones.

Returning to the topic, my wish is that their ensemble sound is right now
again getting nicely honed. The relatively few surprises we're likely to
get are for me just icing on the cake.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 09:29 by rev20.

Date: May 3, 2018 08:53

Dissolve the teams! I'm sorry, GAFF. Didn't mean to be either harsh or rude.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 3, 2018 08:57

It's hard to get through all that,bullshit here. - I thought the thread was dedicated to the '18 rehearsals. I thought they are actually rehearsing since three says. Is there no information at all?

Date: May 3, 2018 10:17

Monsoon Ragoon
I thought the thread was dedicated to the '18 rehearsals. I thought they are actually rehearsing since three says. Is there no information at all?

I saw on Sashas Instagram that she is rehearsing. But in Manhattan and not with the Stones.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: May 3, 2018 10:21

rev20
In my opinion, the Stones have a fantastic ensemble sound and still
produce powerful shows. Keith contributes as much or more to that
great ensemble sound as any of the other musicians. If somebody doesn't
think he is being fancy enough in his playing for their particular taste,
okay, so don't go. But don't try to drain the excitement out of this thread.
Go to, or start, a thread about what you really like about whatever past shows
you really enjoyed.

And while I haven't listened to all of Fonda, the parts I have heard
have the most gorgeous overall sound and vibe. I was stunned at how good it
sounded. I'm not a very technical guy, or retro guy, so I don't listen to
many shows, or concentrate on any one person's playing, but damn I don't see
what there is to complain about in getting such a sweet and unique performance
from the latter-day Stones.

Returning to the topic, my wish is that their ensemble sound is right now
again getting nicely honed. The relatively few surprises we're likely to
get are for me just icing on the cake.

Agree - looking forward to the 22nd in London and hope they are in fine form by then. I'm sure we'll hear more about the rehearsals as they leave for Dublin!

Date: May 3, 2018 10:47

Theodora posted on Insta: Here we come. Pictures of London?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 3, 2018 11:30

schwonek

Theodora posted on Insta: Here we come. Pictures of London?

Here's the link: [www.Instagram.com] .

It's New York City, picture taken from the Williamsburg Bridge: Google Maps.

Date: May 3, 2018 13:01

bye bye johnny
Thanks, spunky.

Rehearsal time! #stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

I
m trying to understand why it looks like there are TWO keyboard stations. I guess Ron Wood is on the far side where we see the white board (where he is laying out Vol 2 of books). DJ probably right in front beyond the keys; the small table, and the lonely mike out front is Jagger (?). Keith to Charlie's left wedged in there.
Far as the IMac -I think any band that works without a IMac at this level is foolish. There are most likely 10 IMacs going at the least. Leavell could be consulting it for something as basic as a songlist.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home