Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - April 2018
Date: April 20, 2018 12:19

Monsoon Ragoon
Doc
scottkeef
If they could just refrain from playing "Miss You" again in life, it would be alright with me...then again it does provide a good time to go take a leak..

Miss You is one of their biggest hit, they won't skip it in stadium shows, sadly.

Tumbling Dice could be skipped IMO.
We had it on every show they played since 1972 (except CNIB, Paradiso and Double Door)
The casual fans wouldn' notice it's missing and we could have a slot for something new/rare

TD wasn't played also on some early 1976 shows. - You're right, but they love it. Many soundchecks start with TD, although there is no need to rehearse it.

Soundcheck is not a rehearsal.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:24

TD is the highlight at every show IMHO but it should be played as the closer of the first set before band intros as they did in 2007 and at the arena shows in 02-03. They skipped it one more time, in 2005, in Albany. Happy I wasn't there... They could skip Satisfaction and play SFM as the closer, or Sympathy.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:30

The Sicilian
bye bye johnny
Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts will start rehearsals for the show soon and are still yet to decide on what the final set will be.

The suspense is just unbearable. eye rolling smiley

The main thing with the Stones currently, there in no suspense "toujours le même plat réchauffé".

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:31

So see what HAS to be kept in front of massive audiences
I'd go with those 10

Satisfaction
JJF
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Midnight Rambler
IORR
Tumbling Dice (well only if you insist)
KR1
KR2

That leaves 8 slots for other stuff to pick, why not among these songs, including a bunch played recently yet rarely

Play With Fire
Sway
You Gotta move
Far away Eyes

Ride Em On Down
Just Your Fool
Commit A Crime
Everybody Knows About My Good Thing
Sister Morphine

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:35

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Doc
scottkeef
If they could just refrain from playing "Miss You" again in life, it would be alright with me...then again it does provide a good time to go take a leak..

Miss You is one of their biggest hit, they won't skip it in stadium shows, sadly.

We had it on every show they played since 1972 (except CNIB, Paradiso and Double Door)
The casual fans wouldn' notice it's missing and we could have a slot for something new/rare

TD wasn't played also on some early 1976 shows. - You're right, but they love it. Many soundchecks start with TD, although there is no need to rehearse it.

Right you have to rehearse at first to play the songs? soundcheck is to test the sound and instruments inside the area first.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:59

ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Doc
scottkeef

Right you have to rehearse at first to play the songs? soundcheck is to test the sound and instruments inside the area first.

A real soundcheck is testing the sound, instruments etc. But rehearsals in the venue of the show on the day of the show are also called soundchecks.

Date: April 20, 2018 13:16

Monsoon Ragoon
ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Doc
scottkeef

A real soundcheck is testing the sound, instruments etc. But rehearsals run-throughs in the venue of the show on the day of the show are also called soundchecks.

Yes, because they are testing the sound on whole songs in the stadium. Not necessarily to find the right amp sound or which effect pedal to use, but rather that the sound guys can stabilise the sound and find adjustments/cues that work in that particular stadium.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 20, 2018 13:58

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 13:59 by spunky.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 20, 2018 14:37

....for crying out loud....play Slave live already!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 20, 2018 17:37

I would think that they play TD at soundchecks because it's a full band performance including backing vocals and horns. A good one for the sound person to get a balance ?

sc uk

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 20, 2018 17:43

I guess that's why folks like bv go to every show but by most all accounts, the first few shows of a tour may offer up 1-2 more random songs but the band and show tightens up as the tour goes on with the more obscure songs being dropped. I consider myself thankful to catch the 2015 US tour opener in San Diego when they did Bitch and Moonlight Mile.

My point being, it's too bad they don't mix up the set a bit every night of a tour while still gaining momentum as a band. It doesn't/ shouldn't have to be one or the other.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 20, 2018 17:49

"Bitch" and "Moonlight Mile" were played several times on the Zip Code tour.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 20, 2018 17:49

Gaetzi
I guess that's why folks like bv go to every show but by most all accounts, the first few shows of a tour may offer up 1-2 more random songs but the band and show tightens up as the tour goes on with the more obscure songs being dropped. I consider myself thankful to catch the 2015 US tour opener in San Diego when they did Bitch and Moonlight Mile.

My point being, it's too bad they don't mix up the set a bit every night of a tour while still gaining momentum as a band. It doesn't/ shouldn't have to be one or the other.

I was glad we made the effort to go to the Hamburg opener last year. Extended set list . A bit under rehearsed but worth it. Hope for a long set in Dublin!

sc uk

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 20, 2018 18:02

The Sicilian
bye bye johnny
Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts will start rehearsals for the show soon and are still yet to decide on what the final set will be.

The suspense is just unbearable. eye rolling smiley

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 20, 2018 20:26

Will they be rehearsing in West London at the same place they used last year?

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 23, 2018 04:27

I’m in Dublin next week and would walk by and give a report if someone could send me in the right direction.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 24, 2018 00:47

i know addresses aren't shared but which country are they rehearsing?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2018 09:40

damnation

i know addresses aren't shared but which country are they rehearsing?

If they're not rehearsing at the same location as in 2017 then somewhere else .... [iorr.org] - (pg. 7-14).

Date: April 27, 2018 13:59

Mick tweet from a couple days ago:

Time to get in to tour mode! #stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2018 04:01

What bunk.

Of course the set lists will be similar if not the same as NO FILTER 2017.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 28, 2018 16:55

Rehearsals begin Monday in London.

Date: April 28, 2018 17:00

MelBelli

Someone should check the 2017 rehearsal site if they're there again ....

Date: April 28, 2018 17:13

Thanks for the info, MelBelli.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 28, 2018 17:19

What kind of time do the Stones usually rehearse? Is it in the day/evening... anyone remember roughly when they used to rock up and depart when rehearsing in London last time round?

Date: April 28, 2018 17:45

GJB

What kind of time do the Stones usually rehearse?

Ask BV .... [iorr.org] , [stoneslife.org] .

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: April 29, 2018 19:57

Any rumblings of any thing happening over there yet? Opening night about 18 days out...

Date: April 29, 2018 20:54

Some rumbling a few posts up:

MelBelli

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 29, 2018 21:28

Why do they rehearse three weeks after just half a year break and then play the same #$%/ as always? With two "new" songs not played in the last 25 years that will disappear after London.

Date: April 29, 2018 22:58

Monsoon Ragoon
Why do they rehearse three weeks after just half a year break and then play the same #$%/ as always? With two "new" songs not played in the last 25 years that will disappear after London.

UMT and Mr D didn't disappear after Hamburg..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2018 23:46

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

UMT and Mr D didn't disappear after Hamburg..

right, but Play With Fire and Out Of Control did (the latter after the second show (Munich))

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home