Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: US shows next?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 13, 2018 14:49

The Sicilian
I think the Stones are content with concert in Buffalo on July 11th of 2015 being their last stadium show in the US, and last show in NY State.
I don't believe so on both counts.

The Stones mantra of "seeing how far they can go" has to be taken at face value at this stage. And if that's true, another swing through North America seems extremely likely. The rumor of perhaps several shows at a handful of cities in North America also strikes me as likely. If so, NY would undoubtably make the cut. The fact that there's still several major areas that haven't seen them in over ten years (Seattle/Vancouver/Denver,..) also bodes well for stadium shows.

The Buffalo show, while a great show with great fans, I doubt brings the band any contentment. Desert Trip shows, maybe.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 13, 2018 16:04

I wouldn't rule out US shows in the future...if the money is there, I'm sure they will do it. It matters little to them which country they play shows in as long as they make the necessary income to make it viable and not be embarrassed at lack of ticket sales.

Same format, 2 or three shows and then a gap and then a couple more...can't see any reason why they wouldn't if there are still people wealthy enough to want to spend their money on listening to pretty much the same songs....slowly getting slower in tempo as the years go by!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 13, 2018 19:39

slewan
bv
They might decide on something totally different after the UK tour. May be they love UK so much they just keep touring UK & Ireland for the next twenty years.

finally - a club tour grinning smiley
Great - I would take 2 months of from work and attend all the club shows.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 13, 2018 19:53

MisterDDDD
The Sicilian
I think the Stones are content with concert in Buffalo on July 11th of 2015 being their last stadium show in the US, and last show in NY State.
I don't believe so on both counts.

The Stones mantra of "seeing how far they can go" has to be taken at face value at this stage. And if that's true, another swing through North America seems extremely likely. The rumor of perhaps several shows at a handful of cities in North America also strikes me as likely. If so, NY would undoubtably make the cut. The fact that there's still several major areas that haven't seen them in over ten years (Seattle/Vancouver/Denver,..) also bodes well for stadium shows.

The Buffalo show, while a great show with great fans, I doubt brings the band any contentment. Desert Trip shows, maybe.

Great shows can appear anywhere. Big cities don't always make for the best shows. On the 2015 tour, band members got out to explore the city and restaurants. And, the billionaire owner of the Buffalo Bills and Sabres made sure that the band was well taken care of.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2018 19:59

Surely they don't want the last *Vegas show (or the private billionaire show that followed) to be their last live performance on US soil!
While it's not a guarantee at their old age, everything has been pointing to them returning - including a few strong hints from various inside sources.

Date: May 13, 2018 20:13

The Sicilian
Great shows can appear anywhere. Big cities don't always make for the best shows. On the 2015 tour, band members got out to explore the city and restaurants. And, the billionaire owner of the Buffalo Bills and Sabres made sure that the band was well taken care of.
We agree..
Made a lot of the Zip Code shows, including Buffalo. Great city, great hospitality.
Just stating the rumors and the facts.

Date: May 13, 2018 20:38

Walked out of the (very) often maligned Vegas show, thinking.. If that was the last US show, I would be very pleased with it.

Great sold out show in a city where they've played many.. great shows, great new venue, great sound.. nice laid back Lucky Dip section with plenty of 420 friendly fans, compared to the heat in the desert a week before, it was heaven.

All in one's perspective I suppose.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2018 20:53

Yes they've played many great shows in Vegas in the past and I've been to all since 2002, but the final *Vegas show was definitely not one of them.
MGM arena is far superior than the new sterile arena imo, and if they do return hopefully they'll play there again - it's smaller w/much better sound.
If that was the last US show, no biggie as I've seen more than my share of great shows in the past, and Midnight Rambler alone was memorable (along with a three song set by Keith due to Mick's illness).
That said, I don't think the band members would want that show to be their final US legacy, and especially Mick being the perfectionist would want out go out on top rather than being sick and not 100%.
**And then there's the final private billionaire show... can't see them leaving the US fans hanging with that being their last show here.

EDIT: Along with the Mick Taylor appearance in 2013, one of the best Stones shows I saw in Vegas was November 11, 2006 - the day Mick's dad passed away.
Could have easily been cancelled, but Mick was a trooper and gave it 110% -truly a moving and memorable performance from start to finish.

Mick Jagger's Father Dies at 93

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 21:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 14, 2018 00:27

Hairball
Yes they've played many great shows in Vegas in the past and I've been to all since 2002, but the final *Vegas show was definitely not one of them.
MGM arena is far superior than the new sterile arena imo, and if they do return hopefully they'll play there again - it's smaller w/much better sound.
If that was the last US show, no biggie as I've seen more than my share of great shows in the past, and Midnight Rambler alone was memorable (along with a three song set by Keith due to Mick's illness).
That said, I don't think the band members would want that show to be their final US legacy, and especially Mick being the perfectionist would want out go out on top rather than being sick and not 100%.
**And then there's the final private billionaire show... can't see them leaving the US fans hanging with that being their last show here.

EDIT: Along with the Mick Taylor appearance in 2013, one of the best Stones shows I saw in Vegas was November 11, 2006 - the day Mick's dad passed away.
Could have easily been cancelled, but Mick was a trooper and gave it 110% -truly a moving and memorable performance from start to finish.

Mick Jagger's Father Dies at 93

I was seriously reading reviews of that show 5 minutes ago.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 14, 2018 06:11

I truly enjoyed Vegas 2016.Had good view from pit.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home