Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: OT- Latest New/Used Record Your Bought
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2018 03:18

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 17, 2018 13:23

The new Paul McCartney album and the new Tony Bennett album

Date: September 22, 2018 01:03

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2018 01:30

No 75 from Numero Label …. and its a good one ….
Like where do the find this stuff ???…. Bea

If you like pleading vocals bleeding into the mic
then you'll be in girly group heaven ….. broken hearts mmmmmm beautiful stuff ….For you CP X….

ROCKMAN

Date: September 30, 2018 12:16

New one in the CD series ………

ROCKMAN

Date: October 1, 2018 16:26

Last ca. 15 albums
"And Nothing Hurt" - Spiritualized
"Let's Make Love' - Brazilian Girls
"Piano & A Microphone" - Prince
"For Ever" - Jungle
"Hope Downs" - Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
"Level Headed" - Sweet
"Acts Of Fear and Love" - Slaves
"Whale City" - Warmduscher
"Negro Swan" - Blood Orange
"Modern Sounds in C&W Music" - Ray Charles
"Young Romance" - Roosevelt
"AAARTH" - Joy Formidable
"An American Treasure" - Tom Petty
"Hindsight 20/20" - Carlene Carter
"True Meanings" - Paul Weller

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2018 01:11

Palace Revolution 2000
Last ca. 15 albums
"For Ever" - Jungle
"Level Headed" - Sweet

Great album...bought the vinyl and cd...their best album since...Let it Come Down!
Going to see them again on Oct.16 at the Orpheum, L.A. - they're been playing the new album in it's entirety along with a bunch of classic stuff - stoked!
If you haven't already, if you get a chance to see them live do not hesitate as it's sensory overload w/amazing musicianship!!!

As for other latest purchases, Brian Jonestown Massacre's new album 'Something Else;, and a bunch of inexpensive Northern Soul compilations - can never get enought of that stuff!
Also, pre-ordered Dylan, Beatles, and Hendrix deluxe sets.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: October 2, 2018 01:41

The Louvin Bros "The Family that Prays Together" love love love the Louvins !
Bought it at Ernest Tubbs Record shop in Nashville !

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 2, 2018 03:42

CD:
Buffalo Springfield - What's that sound box set

Joe Strummer 001 2-CD compilation

Vinyl :
David Bowie - Heroes - Japan first pressing [www.discogs.com]

Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue - Japan first pressing (great sound) [www.discogs.com]

Terry Callier - What color is love - 2015 reissue as found here : [www.discogs.com]

Date: October 2, 2018 15:00

Hairball
Palace Revolution 2000
Last ca. 15 albums
"For Ever" - Jungle
"Level Headed" - Sweet

Great album...bought the vinyl and cd...their best album since...Let it Come Down!
Going to see them again on Oct.16 at the Orpheum, L.A. - they're been playing the new album in it's entirety along with a bunch of classic stuff - stoked!
If you haven't already, if you get a chance to see them live do not hesitate as it's sensory overload w/amazing musicianship!!!

As for other latest purchases, Brian Jonestown Massacre's new album 'Something Else;, and a bunch of inexpensive Northern Soul compilations - can never get enought of that stuff!

Yes Hairball, I see it all the time ( was actualy going to mention about it), but when I see you posting in "what did you buy?" or "what are you listening to?" threads, it always mirrors much of what I got going.
Spiritualized is by far my favorite band nowadays. I have actually talked to many people about this, that Jason P. is the only music ever that comes close to affecting me like the Stones. On a totally different level; but like when I listen to an album by them I often feel like I have just met a new girl, who knocked me off my feet; and I am carrying her scent around all day.
Crazy Antony Newcombe and his bunch are hit and miss. More hit again. I don't have to tell you about the film 'Dig'; I;lm sure you've seen it. (Also a reason I will never listen to anything by Dandy Warhols fakers)
I just can not believe that you are also mentioning Northern Soul. Not too many people are into that. One of my favorite songs in the world "Do I Love You" (Frankie Wilson) got me started on that. KTF.
Re "And Nothing Hurt" - I liked it right away of course, but I was just a tiny bit let down because I had the same reaction that I started having to to Tom Waits or Lucinda Williams albums: where they are always at a top, top level - but in a way they had plateaued awhile back. So the new albums were great, even really great, but not really new or ground breaking. With Jason P newest album I thought that at first. But it took me a couple weeks to sink in deeper. That song about "The Road" kills me.
I tried getting others here into them, but got shot down by 35Love. But it turned her into my favorite poster here.

Just wanted to add that "Let it Come Down" is my fave Sp. album too. Most people go with obvious, but I always love LICD. And also those two late era ones that no one really seems to love "Sweet Heart Sweet Light" and "Songs in A&E". "Hey Jane" has got to be the best song in the world. I play it all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 16:59 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2018 19:58

Palace Revolution 2000
Hairball
Palace Revolution 2000
Last ca. 15 albums
"For Ever" - Jungle
"Level Headed" - Sweet

Yes Hairball, I see it all the time ( was actualy going to mention about it), but when I see you posting in "what did you buy?" or "what are you listening to?" threads, it always mirrors much of what I got going.
Spiritualized is by far my favorite band nowadays. I have actually talked to many people about this, that Jason P. is the only music ever that comes close to affecting me like the Stones. On a totally different level; but like when I listen to an album by them I often feel like I have just met a new girl, who knocked me off my feet; and I am carrying her scent around all day.
Crazy Antony Newcombe and his bunch are hit and miss. More hit again. I don't have to tell you about the film 'Dig'; I;lm sure you've seen it. (Also a reason I will never listen to anything by Dandy Warhols fakers)
I just can not believe that you are also mentioning Northern Soul. Not too many people are into that. One of my favorite songs in the world "Do I Love You" (Frankie Wilson) got me started on that. KTF.
Re "And Nothing Hurt" - I liked it right away of course, but I was just a tiny bit let down because I had the same reaction that I started having to to Tom Waits or Lucinda Williams albums: where they are always at a top, top level - but in a way they had plateaued awhile back. So the new albums were great, even really great, but not really new or ground breaking. With Jason P newest album I thought that at first. But it took me a couple weeks to sink in deeper. That song about "The Road" kills me.
I tried getting others here into them, but got shot down by 35Love. But it turned her into my favorite poster here.

Just wanted to add that "Let it Come Down" is my fave Sp. album too. Most people go with obvious, but I always love LICD. And also those two late era ones that no one really seems to love "Sweet Heart Sweet Light" and "Songs in A&E". "Hey Jane" has got to be the best song in the world. I play it all the time.

Yes, good stuff Palace Revolution 2000. thumbs up

Not sure if Let it Come Down from 2001 is my absolute favorite (maybe it is?), but that was right around when I first started getting into the band and saw them live for the first time at a small club in L.A. At the time, I read a great review in Mojo or Uncut, and then went to Borders bookstore (remember them?) where they let you put on headphones and listen to samples - first song was the raging On Fire and BAM that's all she wrote! Needless to say after that album and seeing them live I was hooked and had lots of homework to do tracing backwards through their catalogue. I remember hearing Dr. John play piano on the 17 minute Cop Shoot Cop from Ladies and Gentleman... and knew this was the real deal. Then tracing further back to Spaceman 3 and the various offshoots (Spectrum, Sonic Boom, etc), and while not all of it is great, it was like discovering a brand new long lost friend - warts and all haha.

As for the new album, when the first two leaked songs/videos became available, I listened once or twice and loved them, but wanted to hold out and listen in the context of the entire album. Finally got it, and loved it all upon first listen, yet it continues to creep into my soul and grow. I've had the cd in my car since release, and alternate listening to it and some of those Northern Soul comps (and yes Do I Love You by Frankie Wilson is an ultimate classic!). Here It Comes (The Road) Let's Go made the first immediate impression as a favorite, but then right away the stomping tunes On the Sunshine and The Morning After continued to raise the bar - classic Spiritualized rave ups! And the latter tune's lyrics tell quite a story...("Every mother wants to die before her children do..."). Now it's the slower soulful/bluesy ballads that are starting to really sink in with all of their subtle intricacies. While I love all those recent/previous Spiritualized albums and listened to them non-stop when released, this new one seems to be more concise and flows better as a whole....and continues to grow. It's been six long years since their last album which seems like an eternity, but to put that in perspective it's been 13 years and counting since the Stones last original new album....

PS - The Complete Works volume 1 &2 are also essential. Both are double cd's filled with amazing outtakes, demos, different takes, etc.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 2, 2018 20:16

I just picked up a Boxed Decca Have you seen your Mother Live....

Date: October 7, 2018 05:58

NICE ……………..…………………

ROCKMAN

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: October 7, 2018 09:56

The Clash - Combat Rock

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 7, 2018 14:09

stunning. the band was definitely "on" this night & i was lucky enough to be there.

Date: October 8, 2018 04:33

PiL - Brixton Academy 1986 2-LP set (2018 RSD release) - Great sound and nice concert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 04:33 by kowalski.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 10, 2018 23:01

Hollies - Live in Christchurch,1976 ...Long Cool Women smoking smiley
Simon and Garfunkel Collection,1981

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2018 09:04

on vinyl, pre-order...
greta van fleet album
voodoo lounge live release
beggar's 50...yes, I can't take my own good advice

Date: October 11, 2018 15:51

Joe Strummer 001

Big Red Machine - Big red Machine

An American Treasure - Tom Petty

Time Fades Away - Neil Young

True Meanings - Paul Weller

Lamp Lit Prose - Dirty Projectors

13 Rivers - Richard Thompson

With Animals - Mark Lanegan

AAAARTH - Joy Formidable

Young Romance - Roosevelt

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 13, 2018 17:29

Chicago Plays The Stones
Joe Strummer 001
Beatles,Dylan,Hendrix deluxe sets pre-ordered

Date: October 20, 2018 11:27

ROCKMAN

Date: October 20, 2018 18:20

"Its too late to stop now" Vol 1 - Van Morrison ( has he put out one bad album ever/)

"Rock Bottom" - Robert Wyatt

"Pharmacy" - Galantis

"Give out but don't give up" (Original Memphis) - Primal Scream (a Stonesfan should have this album)

"Starcrawler" - Starcrawler

Date: October 21, 2018 10:26

ROCKMAN

Date: October 22, 2018 05:02

Second-hand vinyl:

The Heartbreakers - D.T.K. (1982) [www.discogs.com]

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (original Japan release on RCA) [www.discogs.com]

Rocket Juice & The Moon 2-LP (2012) [www.discogs.com]

New vinyl:

Ty Segall & Freedom band - Freedom's Goblin [www.discogs.com]

The Bowie vinyl sounds great and the Heartbreakers one sounds surprisingly good...

Date: October 22, 2018 08:12

Marc Ribot - Goodbye Beautiful --- Songs Of Resistance 1942-2018 -- ----- ANTI 87604-2

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 22, 2018 10:05

Date: October 24, 2018 11:32

Worth a look … Good on ya Viv ….. Oi..!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: October 24, 2018 20:25

It has become almost impossible for me to keep up with all the music I would like to. It's a financial thing.
There are constantly brand new acts jumping up that are very interesting to me. Or friends will say "You have GOT to check out so and so".
Then there are newer acts from last 15 years that by now I am totally into, who may have hit the prime of their career, and are releasing their seminal albums.
Then there is a huge wealth of these re-issues, or the anniversary editions with xtra discs and all.
And also you have the purists and historians who all along have known more than myself, who bring up names I never heard of, but now you must go dig on them too.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 24, 2018 21:49

Rockman

Worth a look … Good on ya Viv ….. Oi..!!!!!

Not so great as you think ...very dubious business practices ...just happened to be right time, right place in 1976 - 7

Date: October 24, 2018 23:42

happened to be right time, right place in 1976 - 7

totally agree …….. Malcolm … New York Dolls

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home