Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood interview - The Sun, April 15
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2018 03:51

ROCKER ON A ROLL Ronnie Wood silences trolls and says Rolling Stones won’t stop performing until they are physically unable to

The guitarist sought to shut down trolls who call for the legendary band to stop gigging ahead of their 14-date No Filter European tour

From Dan Wootton's Bizarre column
15th April 2018

Bureau233/Eyevine

THEY’VE been rocking for almost six decades and have 25 albums under their belts – but don’t expect to see the Rolling Stones calling it a day just yet.

The band’s guitarist Ronnie Wood has vowed to carry on ­touring with bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts until they can physically no longer perform.

In an exclusive interview ahead of their 14-date No Filter European tour, Ronnie dished out some harsh words to online trolls who tell them to give up gigging.

He said: “I say get off your ass and get working while you can.

“We ignore all that. We’re still in our element and will go on for as long as possible.

“We enjoy what we do and so do our fans.

“Look how many people around the world want to come and see us.

“But being in front of home fans is special.”

And some of those fans attending the gigs at the London Stadium will be in for an extra treat.

I can reveal that Florence Welch will be joining the rockers on stage for one of the capital’s two concerts. She performed alongside them in 2012 at London’s O2 Arena, duetting with Mick on Gimme Shelter.

Superfan Florence will also no doubt be interested in the ­latest developments for the Stones musical, which is in the pipeline.

Talking about their new stage adventure, Ronnie said: “I’d love to do it but these things are all still going on. We’ve got an exhibition cooking away. I’ve just opened that in Nashville.”

Meanwhile, Ronnie will be ­making sure to pack the nappies when he heads off on tour this time round — for his twin toddlers Gracie and Alice.

Speaking at the Olivier Awards in London this month with his wife Sally Humphreys, he gushed: “The girls are coming on tour with us.

“They already play all kinds of xylophones, drums and guitars.”

That’s the next generation of Stones sorted then.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: Ronnie Wood interview - The Sun, April 15
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 16, 2018 03:55

GO, RONNIE, GO!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:39

35love

GO, RONNIE, GO!

thumbs upthumbs up

Intersting bits in that interview, thanks for posting bye bye johnny.

As interested as I someday might be in a "stones musical" allegedly "in the pipeline", I wouldn't be much interested until after their touring days are over.
Fortunately, it looks like as far as the band is concerned, that's a ways off yet.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:55

DON'T STOP!

As for the Stones musical, might be pretty good!
The Kink's Sunny Afternoon did very well, and I remember there was one about Queen that played in London for ages...maybe this is where the Stones' future lies once they call it quits.

Keep on rolling.................

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 16, 2018 08:23

Oh jeez, the very idea of a “Stones Musical” fills me with dread. The Kinks one isn’t bad, but the music of the Stones doesn’t fit a pit band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2018 08:54

Haha you're probably right maybe not a good idea.

I did see a Buddy Holly musical in London back in the '80's...not great, but not bad either!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 16, 2018 13:15

bye bye johnny

I can reveal that Florence Welch will be joining the rockers on stage for one of the capital’s two concerts. She performed alongside them in 2012 at London’s O2 Arena, duetting with Mick on Gimme Shelter.

Nice, thanks for sharing, bye bye johnny. thumbs up

I wonder if there will be other guests on this tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 16, 2018 14:43

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

Nice, thanks for sharing, bye bye johnny. thumbs up

I wonder if there will be other guests on this tour.

In the minority I believe, but I usually really enjoy the guest spots.
Not much interested in the opening acts but enjoy watching a guest interact with Mick and the band. Can be a nice change of pace, especially for the warhorses.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 16, 2018 16:04

Didn’t Tim Rice map out a possible stones musical a decade or so ago based on Machiavelli on called sympathy for the Devil of some such ? I seem to remember Rupert Lowenstien mentioned it in his book but Mick was not keen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2018 18:12

MisterDDDD
As interested as I someday might be in a "stones musical" allegedly "in the pipeline", I wouldn't be much interested until after their touring days are over.

Musical was mooted last summer by the same writer.

[iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home