Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tattoo You 2
Date: April 13, 2018 14:34

Weren't Heaven and No Use In Crying on par with those musical dimensions?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 13, 2018 14:48

DandelionPowderman

I don't think so. Those two songs are different, pretty emotionalrescuestic by constitution, and cannot hear them doing or coming up either of them, say, in 1972 (and, by contrast, neither of them having the melodic richness of "Tops", "Waiting On A Friend" or "Worried About You"). But the tasty blend of those 'ballads' from different eras with each other is the secret of the eternal greatness and depthness of TATTOO YOU side two, me thinks...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 14:54 by Doxa.

Date: April 13, 2018 15:08

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

I don't think so. Those two songs are different, pretty emotionalrescuestic by constitution, and cannot hear them doing or coming up either of them, say, in 1972 (and, by contrast, neither of them having the melodic richness of "Tops", "Waiting On A Friend" or "Worried About You"). But the tasty blend of those 'ballads' from different eras with each other is the secret of the eternal greatness and depthness of TATTOO YOU side two, me thinks...

- Doxa

I can't hear that, musically. And Heaven might be the most melodic track of the lot, imo.

All of them are great anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 13, 2018 15:35

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

I can't hear that, musically. And Heaven might be the most melodic track of the lot, imo.

All of them are great anyway smiling smiley

Yes indeed they are! I guess my term 'melodic' wasn't a apt one, but let's say 'a different type of melodic ideas' would be better. To me "Tops" and "Waitin On A Friend" are so essentially GOATS HEAD SOUP era sounding songs and reflecting musically the fine nuances and sentiments of that album and era (cousins of things like "100 Years Ago", "Winter", "Coming Down Again" and "Angie" or,if you like "Time Waits For No One" and "Through The Lonely Nights"). Of "Worried ABout YOU" we can say the same in regards of BLACK AND BLUE - easily put next to "Fool To Cry" and "Memory Motel" as mid-70's matured-up Jagger's ballads (as "Slave" reflecting the funky-based sounds of that album and era). As far as "Heaven" go, I think it is a typical Jagger-experiment of late-70's - the same guy coming up with things like "Emotional Rescue" and "Indian Girl". "No Use In Crying" has the most 'eternal' vibe, but I think it has a certain Pathe Marconi character, marrying something between "Down In The Hole" and "Beast of Burden".

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 15:51 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home