Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: B-Stage Amps?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 29, 2005 00:10

Well, the B-stage amps certainly aren't Victoria's, they are genuine '57 Twins. The amp on the far left is a Deluxe for Wood's lap steel. I don't know whether its a Fender or something else.

Mathijs

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: September 29, 2005 00:17

Based on my original pictures that are a little bit better even if they were taken in poor light conditions with a small digital camera, it is a Fender. All the guitar amps on main stage and B-stage were Fender.

Anyone else who have had the opportunity to go on the Rolling Stones stage for a tour ?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: September 29, 2005 00:20

Marc..are you sure there Fenders on the B-stage...I didn't see the name that clearly...they looked to be Victorias...could be wrong. Fender all the way on main stage it looks. Thanks

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 29, 2005 00:25

check the bordeaux red logo on the deluxe -it's a Victoria Deluxe.

Mathijs

Date: September 29, 2005 00:35

On the B-stage, if i make the original picture bigger, the one from the top where the buttons can be seen, the left amp has a leather hanger, on the right it has a plastic hanger, where i would say "Fender" is written on it.

But again i might have been a little dreaming while I was on stage and i just convinced myself they were all Fender amps (I am using myself a Fender Deluxe Blues Amp).

Date: September 29, 2005 03:21

Here's the give away: If you go to your b-stage amp settings pic Marc, you will note there are bolt heads with what look to be washers on the top of the amp, two on the left and one on the right. If you track down a pic of a Victoria 80212 you'll notice the same setup. Also note the two handles on the amp, the one on the left amp is the one that came with the amp, the handle on the right amp seems to be a replacement (Fender?). These amps do not look like the amps on the current tour because the cabs look like they have alot of wear and tear...I'll deny I ever said this if pressed in a court of law...lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-29 03:29 by ohcarol.

Date: September 29, 2005 11:22

I have learned something, i was not aware of Victoria line of amps, i was thinking they were Fender amps.

Next time that i will be on stage (you never know...) I will take a closer look....

Date: October 3, 2005 02:20

I still don't know for sure...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 2, 2006 11:16

I noticed that the mics are placed in the middle of the cone, perpendicular with the speaker.

I am no mic expert (don't even recon what mic is used), but if I am not wrong this is the way to have more bass and thickness in the sound.

Can anyone confirm? Add?

C

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: November 2, 2006 13:25

In Paris I was on the barrier in front of the B-Stage so I took a very good look.
They all have backline over there, Keith's Twins and so on.
You can't possibly have a band play wireless to the stage from such a distance, in fact there's a tech that has to follow Mick's motions during the b-stage set with some kind of antenna device that is of common use in wireless performances, otherwise the signal would be lost.
If you look at the main stage, you will notice other antennas near the catwalks as well.
Of course you can hear the sound out of the main PA, it would be impossible that the B-Stage could provide audio to the whole venue all by itself.
In fact there's a funny doppler effect when they are on the b-stage, like a half second delay between main and b-stage audio.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2006 16:08

Respect to Mathijs ;^)

I couldn't spot the difference between Fender and Victoria "Tweed Twin"s at distance under stage lighting. Maybe there are some much better pictures than I've seen.

Thing is, if you want a relatively low cost Tweed Twin today, you either buy a Victoria or Fender's own re-issue. You can then "relic" them to taste if required. Even if your rolling in money [no pun intended], you'd be silly to subject ireplaceable vintage amps to the potential hazards of B stage location.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home