Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
B-Stage Amps?
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: September 24, 2005 02:19

Anyone know what type of amps are on the b-stage?

Re: B-Stage Amps?
Posted by: heyheymymyitb ()
Date: September 24, 2005 03:10

I don't think there are any, unless Chuck has one for his keyboard. I'm pretty sure everything else is a wireless hookup to the stage. Otherwise I think it'd be very problematic for the B-stage to physically move, because it would have to be plugged in somewhere.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 24, 2005 09:17

"Otherwise I think it'd be very problematic for the B-stage to physically move, because it would have to be plugged in somewhere."

So the lighting etc runs on batteries? smiling smiley

Anyway, the amps are on the sides of Charlies drums,if you look hard in this pic, you see two small bxes, that is miked amps. And in front of Charlie there are two monitors also.

Pic owned by Nordic Stones Vikings

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-24 10:33 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: September 24, 2005 11:41

Everybody has his own amps on the B stage. I think they are Fender Twin Amps, at lest for Keith, and maybe Ronnie's got one on the B stage, but I'm not sure.
They hear the sound from their own amps and controls during B stage, because if you've ever been very close to B stage, you hear a totally crap mixture of the sound from the main stage PA and B stage PA and even drumming of Charlie!

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: September 24, 2005 11:55

keefed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everybody has his own amps on the B stage. I think
> they are Fender Twin Amps, at lest for Keith, and
> maybe Ronnie's got one on the B stage, but I'm not
> sure.
> They hear the sound from their own amps and
> controls during B stage, because if you've ever
> been very close to B stage, you hear a totally
> crap mixture of the sound from the main stage PA
> and B stage PA and even drumming of Charlie!

Yep, that sounds like the most likely answer, to me!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 24, 2005 21:02

The Small amps on the B-stage I beleive are so they can each hear thier own playing. I sat on stage at fenway and the Music was definitely coming from the main stage while they were on the B-stage.

Date: September 24, 2005 21:08

Add to last post: if you remember past tours In Arena's they had a bulk of amps over hanging the B-stage there is none of those this tour. every show I have seen since they started the Bstage there was always a different sound between the b and the main stage. Foxboro Licks tour was the worst blunder Ive seen, It was God awful. This tour I have seen four shows so far and there has not been one sound difference between the two.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 24, 2005 21:13

Virgil,

how do you explain the fact (I was close to the "catwalk" in Fenway Park) that the sound temporarily sort of faded while the B-stage was passing by? To me this means, that there also must have been direct sound from the B-stage and that we experienced a sort of brief interference.

Date: September 24, 2005 21:19

I f you read my post above about there being amps (4 of them) and monitors on the B-stage, of course there will be sound! It´s like the old b-stages they had, they also had amps and monitors, and they were loud! But I remeber in Copenhagen, standing by the B-stage, the sound was awful as there was some timedelay (probably unintentional) between the b-stage and mainstage. This was not the case on later gigs I saw.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 25, 2005 02:50

They had the same set-up for the Licks tour b-stage. With what looks to be Fenders miked to the PA. They look like a Fended reisue Twin of some type. Theses are not the same type of amps used on the main stage but they used these in some reharsals I've seen. Could they be custom made by Fender? Come on Stone Fans!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 25, 2005 17:20

I would really doubt the B-stage amps are actually Fender. There's something to the look of them (the grill cloth for example, the colouring of the tweed) that makes me think these are not Fender's. I have no proof, but I wouldn't be surpised that these Twins are actually made by Victoria amps. The Victroria company states at various points on their website that the Stones play Victoria amps. Keith's main stage amps are two '57 Low Power Tweed Twins, number 006 and 004.

Mathijs

Date: September 25, 2005 18:21

georgie48 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virgil,
>
> how do you explain the fact (I was close to the
> "catwalk" in Fenway Park) that the sound
> temporarily sort of faded while the B-stage was
> passing by? To me this means, that there also must
> have been direct sound from the B-stage and that
> we experienced a sort of brief interference.

Georgia,

I am not sure but the Ist fenway show I was in first row off the field in left and I noticed no difference. The same second night when I was onstage. But as I mentioned earlier The small amps on the B-stage I believe are used so they can individually hear there own music. Maybe as they passed you, you got an extra blast from the small amps. I sat right above the horn section Onstage they each had a small amp at thier feet and I got an extra blast of horns all night. I am no expert but IMO there is no way the small amps you see on the small stage are generating all that energy.

Date: September 26, 2005 00:26

Mathijs, maybe a couple of these?:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112, Blond tolex

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-26 00:28 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: September 26, 2005 00:27

Sorry, double post....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-26 00:27 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: September 26, 2005 00:58

I did a couple of pictures when i was in Tokyo in March 2003, we could visit the Main stage and B.stage

Amps Keith Richard Main Stage
[www.netsme.com]

Amps Keith Richard + Bass Main Stage (but my smile...)
[www.netsme.com]

Amps Ronnie Wood Main Stage
[www.netsme.com]

Arriving on the B-stage
[www.netsme.com]

The B-Stage Amps
[www.netsme.com]
[www.netsme.com]

Happy on the B-Stage
[www.netsme.com]

B-stage Amps settings
[www.netsme.com]

Closer look to B-Stage Amps Setting
[www.netsme.com]

Ronnie Wood - Main Stage guitar technician
[www.netsme.com]

Ronnie Wood - Main Stage guitars
[www.netsme.com]

Keith Richards - Main Stage guitars
[www.netsme.com]

Charlie Watts - Main Stage drums
[www.netsme.com]

Does it help ?
At least it was so fun to be there

Date: September 26, 2005 03:37

My,those are great photos! I envey you! So close..we almost found out the answer. How did you get the tour? Thanks

Date: September 26, 2005 03:57

I looked at some pics of Victorias on the web. They sure look close to the 80212 model they have. Can someone confirm this?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 26, 2005 05:51

THe Victoria's seem to have a longer nameplate on the front.
It looks like they say "Victoria Amplifers".
Whereas the Fenders are smaller (they just say "fender").
If one can make out the size of the nameplate, that may narrow it down.

Date: September 26, 2005 11:07

These pictures have made them in a tour in 2003.

It was organised with the Fan Club Asylum. I took this opportunity in Tokyo and i will never forget it, we had the chance to visit the main stage, the b-stage, we had a lot of details about the event.

Then i had the chance to meet the Stones under the stage before the concert....then back to the first row for 2 concert in Tokyo Dome....

Date: September 27, 2005 02:20

How was meeting the band?

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 27, 2005 02:32

I was 15 feet from Keith's side in detroit. He had to old beat to shit brown fender boxes up there and Darryl had a big new Ampeg just to the right of them. You can see them in the photo above. We were SO CLOSE we could hear Keith's playing through those little boxes and it sounded like it was in your living room. Very primal, basic and intimate. His stage amp sound clashed with that coming from the PA on the mainstage and made it sound like he was screwing up til your ears sored it out.

I have been b-stage side for every tour except N/S and this was easily the best set-up both for sound and site lines.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 27, 2005 02:34

Wow, you're a lucky guy. Thanx for the pics.
What on earth where you doing on stage - besides beeing happy?

Now - someone wake up Mathjis

Date: September 27, 2005 12:20

I dont know if all the Asylum packages around the world have had this opportunity includied.

I can tell that we were happy in Tokyo, beside of discovering Japan, we could visit the main stage and b-stage in the Tokyo Dome, we met the members of the stage team, the security, got a lot of explainations.

And then 4 of us..including me,. (our group was around 15) had the chance to spend more than an hour in the party before the concert, including all the Rolling Stones band members.

Any kind of same opportunity with other Asylum packages in other city or Tokyo was the one not to be missed ?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: September 27, 2005 14:34

To be honest I see nothing on those pictures. What a pitty that guy wasn't able to throw in the autopilot on the camera sad smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 27, 2005 15:48

Main Stage Amps, next another, a bit more light.

Date: September 28, 2005 21:39

?

Date: September 28, 2005 22:57

? anything else you want to know ?

Date: September 28, 2005 23:20

What are those things standing on top of the cabinets? Receivers for the wireless system?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 28, 2005 23:25

Yes they are receiver for wireless guitars.

Date: September 28, 2005 23:39

Looks like Ronnie has two Vibro-Kings but wonder what the small amp on the left is? Thanks again!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home