Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: LEAK: 2002 Sessions - Discussion Thread and Info
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:32

Doxa
keithsman

I mean defending Mick no matter what and saying he is still a creative genius is just fighting a loosing battle, even Doxa bless him, the ultimate iorr spin doctor fails to convince us no matter how prolific his novels and flights of fancy are. winking smiley

What? I am defending Jagger as some sort of 'creative genius' because I don't agree that he is having a writer's block? And I fail to 'convince' you and supposed others - if there are any (I hope not) - who belong to this phenomenon I can only see as a cult. The ability to convert some True Believers back to rational secularism doesn't belong to my discoursive arsenal or interest. Why I bother? Because this is a public forum, some issues are interesting, and there probably are people who might find my points interesting or even trying to understand what I try to say.

But this constant, tiresome reducing everything into biased Mick vs. Keith confrontation - I guess it serves someone's agenda, or gives some significance to one's fanhood, but I find it simply childish. I guess anyone can prefer whatever or whoever, but constant trolling with that - be the issue whatever - is just... aargh...sad smiley

- Doxa

Yes. Exactly. And it takes the life out of every serious discussion.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:39

Hairball
35love
P.S. “Keithsman”
The only reason I joked w/ you on the infamous Mick Taylor thread
because Hairball egged me on! The Micks chicks stepping in or something.
So chill dude. I won’t play with you no mo.

I lightheartedly said "the Mick brigade" and wasn't referring to anyone specifically or egging anyone on, so please leave me out of this. smiling smiley

Dude, how the heck I get into ‘it’? I’m out too man!
It’s nonsense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:44

doitywoik
Well, Ronnie has to make up for divorce losses, and the kids want to be fed. He's even painting setlists lately to make ends meet.

And Charlie, them horses eats lotsa hay ... grinning smiley

Lol...go Ronnie go! grinning smiley

As for Charlie, do we know how many horses he owns these days?
Does he even know? smiling smiley

edit: spellcheck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 03:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:46

And - is he even allowed to ride them? He doesn't have a driving licence either, I hear ...

Date: April 21, 2018 03:49

Hairball
doitywoik
Well, Ronnie has to make up for divorce losses, and the kids want to be fed. He's even painting setlists lately to make ends meet.

As for Charlie, do we know how many horses owns these days?

You know what? If I presented you with that shellacked colored setlist of your Staples LA 2013 show, framed, you’d cry. You would. Go Hairball, Go.

Date: April 21, 2018 03:54

From 2015:

"And Paul Atkinson, who gave Shirley Watts initial encouragement to start the farm and was hired before Joan, presided over a period of extreme growth; according to one report, under his stewardship, the stables expanded from a dozen to 150 horses."

Date: April 21, 2018 04:06

35love
Hairball
doitywoik

As for Charlie, do we know how many horses owns these days?

You know what? If I presented you with that shellacked colored setlist of your Staples LA 2013 show, framed, you’d cry. You would. Go Hairball, Go.

I don't think so 35love, but I might cry if given the hand scribbled Vredenberg 2003 setlist. winking smiley

As for Ronnie's proper art (not scribbled setlists), generally speaking I'm not a huge fan/admirer, but admit I own an original print of his. I met him twice at two private art opening receptions both in Las Vegas. The first show in 2002, Ronnie and I stood in front of one of his paintings of Jimi Hendrix and discussed in depth about his work in general, and briefly about both of our backgrounds as visual artists - he was very cordial and it was cool to talk with him. After hesitating and contemplating, I ended up buying a limited edition screen print of his titled Solo II (1992) for apprx. $350 which depicts him holding his guitar and looking directly at the viewer. Limited to only 600, the print was professionally and elegantly matted and framed by the gallery, and sent to my home a week or so later. Along with the print was a surprise - a personalized signed thank you note on 8" x 11" paper from Ronnie with a cartoon/caricature of himself he drew - big nose and all - which I actually cherish more than the print itself (matted and framed it myself and is hanging next to the print). Evidently the value of the print itself has gone up quite a bit. I think it was Mattlee who gave me the most recent appraisal a few years ago at apprx. $1,000 (more or less), and I imagine it has continued to increase in value since then.

doitywoik
From 2015:

"And Paul Atkinson, who gave Shirley Watts initial encouragement to start the farm and was hired before Joan, presided over a period of extreme growth; according to one report, under his stewardship, the stables expanded from a dozen to 150 horses."

Wow that's alot of horses to feed! He must have truck after truck loaded with bales of hay continuously delivering to his farm on a daily basis - that's alot of hay!
Would be intersting to know some of the names of them - maybe some named after famous jazz musicians like Charlie Parker?
And what are the chances that one of them is simply named Mick?

Date: April 21, 2018 04:11

Hmm ... calculating ... 150 horses ... unknown number of vintage cars ... the days on the road ... Charlie likes to sit in his cars ... maybe he likes to sit on his horses too? Car days, horse days - and in between a few days on the road?

Date: April 21, 2018 04:20

Good old Charlie sitting in a car...or on a horse...thinking about jazz musicians...and maybe thinking about how many sets of drumsticks to pack for the upcoming tour. smiling smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 04:39

Hell, who knows, he might have a collection of vintage drum sticks even!eye popping smiley

As for Ronnie, cool story! When I learned all the art on Gimme Some Neck was by him (doesn't the cover say "All drawings by me!" or so somewhere?) I was indeed impressed, he's certainly better at drawing than others. Should there ever be a Rolling Stones graphic novel, let him do the penciling.

When did his drawing/painting activities become known, actually? I learned about it only from Gimme Some Neck.

Date: April 21, 2018 05:12

Cool story Hairball and ties in w/ topic, year 2002.
I’ve been into learning/ reading more about art 18th century currently/it’s been enriching. I don’t collect and have strong opinions about what’s allowed on my walls, no clutter, lol.
Cheers smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 05:13 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2018 14:38

retired_dog
Doxa
keithsman

I mean defending Mick no matter what and saying he is still a creative genius is just fighting a loosing battle, even Doxa bless him, the ultimate iorr spin doctor fails to convince us no matter how prolific his novels and flights of fancy are. winking smiley

What? I am defending Jagger as some sort of 'creative genius' because I don't agree that he is having a writer's block? And I fail to 'convince' you and supposed others - if there are any (I hope not) - who belong to this phenomenon I can only see as a cult. The ability to convert some True Believers back to rational secularism doesn't belong to my discoursive arsenal or interest. Why I bother? Because this is a public forum, some issues are interesting, and there probably are people who might find my points interesting or even trying to understand what I try to say.

But this constant, tiresome reducing everything into biased Mick vs. Keith confrontation - I guess it serves someone's agenda, or gives some significance to one's fanhood, but I find it simply childish. I guess anyone can prefer whatever or whoever, but constant trolling with that - be the issue whatever - is just... aargh...sad smiley

- Doxa

Yes. Exactly. And it takes the life out of every serious discussion.

smileys with beer

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 21, 2018 18:51

So the fact that i have different opinions to yours ruins the descussions lol. That's a bit like saying let's ignore everyone with an opposing opinion, let's just get them banned if we can't upset them enough to make them go away.

If you don't agree with my point of view, come back with your point of view, don't attack me personally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 19:01 by keithsman.

Date: April 21, 2018 20:06

keithsman
So the fact that i have different opinions to yours ruins the descussions lol. That's a bit like saying let's ignore everyone with an opposing opinion, let's just get them banned if we can't upset them enough to make them go away.

If you don't agree with my point of view, come back with your point of view, don't attack me personally.

Rubbish. This has nothing to do with not respecting different opinions. Read again and read properly - it's all about

this constant, tiresome reducing everything into biased Mick vs. Keith confrontation

that's childish and kills every serious discussion.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 21, 2018 21:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 01:10 by keithsman.

Date: April 21, 2018 21:26

"Every serious discussion"....yawn...eye rolling smiley...this isn't some formal college course on the history of the Rolling Stones
Sounds like some people need to lighten up a little bit here.

Date: April 21, 2018 22:07

But ‘some’ posters rhetoric is so ridiculously troll like,
it turns the rest off.
Furthermore, I expressed an opinion about missing Jagger’s voice on ‘Trouble’,
and Hairball went to calling me and I quote: ‘Keith basher’
which I then felt necessary to defend.
Too much drama. So some say F. it.

Date: April 21, 2018 22:26

35love
it turns the rest off.

Good example for someone who advices other people to "to lighten up a little bit" better start with their own self.

Date: April 21, 2018 22:40

35love
it turns the rest off.

Wrong...here's what I said in reply to one of your posts in regards to you inexplicably thinking Mick was on Trouble.

35love
“So let's face it:
KEITH STOLE TROUBLE FROM THE ROLLING STONES”

*did you need these leaks to figure that out?
I knew the first time I heard the song/intro,
and my heart sank when Jagger’s voice didn’t come on.
Also, when they played it on the SHO ‘Billions’
and 4 notes/or so in, I said: Rolling Stones!
*pause, then, OMG it’s ‘Trouble’ from Keith.

Hairball
"Confused as to why you were surprised (heart sank?) that Mick wasn't on it the first time you heard the song/intro of Trouble when it was clearly put out as a Keith solo tune,
And if memory serves, you were one of the biggest cheerleaders of Crosseyed Heart...maybe you've now had a change of heart? Maybe Mick has swayed you in to becoming a Keith basher?...lol..."

Note the word "maybe" followed by an "lol"...in other words it was said in jest not meant to be taken seriously.
But you can live in a soap opera drama if you like, meanwhile most of us will continue to approach the topic in a lighter manner.

retired_dog
"Every serious discussion"

Yawn...eye rolling smiley...yes this is very serious lol!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2018 22:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 00:57 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 21, 2018 22:53

Okay Hairball, please stop reposting my past posts.

I don’t want this kind of attention, and frankly, I’m disappointed.

Taking a break.

Date: April 21, 2018 22:58

Just wanted to clarify the situation when being misquoted!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 22, 2018 00:42

..this used to be a fun site. Unfortunately it has devolved. Unfortunate.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 22, 2018 21:04

who else hears a ghost of Silver Train in the spidery intro to 'Because'? Not to mention a little of Claudine's shuffle...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 23, 2018 01:22

peoplewitheyes
who else hears a ghost of Silver Train in the spidery intro to 'Because'? Not to mention a little of Claudine's shuffle...

I definitely hear Silver Train in the string bends.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2018 02:11

Are any of these up on YouTube?

Date: April 23, 2018 02:20

Haven't seen any yet.

Date: May 20, 2018 17:10

Who is still listening to these?

I am!

Avoiding the concert threads, but needing a fix.

Beacause, Dreams have been swirling round my head for weeks. Listening loud now.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 20, 2018 17:45

I am too ! smileys with beer Clearly the songs are not finished but I like the vibes from these sessions. And there's some really good singing from Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 17:54 by kowalski.

Date: May 20, 2018 17:49

smileys with beer to you too! Yeah, the feel is there, and some of those choons have great ideas in them

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home