Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : Where do you live?
Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:10

I personally live in the second decade of the 21st century.

Where do you live? Do you live in the modern age or do you live in 1969 or 1972? When did the clock stop ticking for you?

I did go on holiday to 1971 once but it was only a holiday. I did come back.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 21:12 by KevinLocksPerm.

Re: OT : Where do you live?
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:17

Huh?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:25

I live in my house....except when I go out to play....or workconfused smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:32

I don't live today
Maybe tomorrow, I just can say
But I don't live today

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:35

Geographically, I divide my time between Texas and Ohio. Temporally, I'm living in the past as much as I can while recognizing I'm a 21st Century man but I don't want, I don't want to be here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 21:35 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:51

At first I was going to say something sarcastic, like one poster above about living in his house.

But I very much understand the spirit of the question.

My answer: I live in a state of mind that excludes all things twenty-worst century.

I was born in 1966, but growing up in the 80s presented a problem, because the music just didn't sound right. I never understood my contemporaries going wild for ersatz generic fluff bands like Journey and Foreigner, let alone those silly hair metal bands with their "I just dropped an anvil on my foot" screeching front men.

Although I did go for contemporary groups of the time like the Clash and Echo and the Bunnymen, for me I always felt more at home with the sounds of the 60s and 70s -- Beatles, Stones, Doors, Cream, Kinks, etc.

I gave the 90s a chance, but didn't take it with me for long.

Going into the 2000s, the culture just became too loud -- talk shows became shout shows, rock music went completely off the radar to be replaced by flavor of the month pop singers, these idiotic "reality" shows...

I haven't seen a Hollywood movie or listened to a contemporary song or bothered to even switch on a radio or TV set since the last time I consumed a McDonald's cheeseburger -- more than 6 years now.

Body and mind have never been healthier.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:51

Somewhere over the rainbow, on the long and winding road, over the hills and far away, beyond the horizon, on the dark side of the moon.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:52

Analog man in a digital age

Date: April 11, 2018 21:57

I live back in the woods you see.....the woman and the kids and the dog and me

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:59

Two thousand light years from home.
It's so very lonely.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 11, 2018 22:00

is that you mark zuckerbot?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 11, 2018 22:56

99th floor of my block.... And guess what I'm doing?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 11, 2018 23:05

2000 LYFH
99th floor of my block.... And guess what I'm doing?

Let me guess, you are sitting at home looking out the window
Imagining the world has stopped???

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 11, 2018 23:21

Good question. I guess there are some who thinks it's still 1972 here. Or even 1792... I'm, sometimes painfully, aware it's not. 1972 would be a great year though for any Stones fan...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 11, 2018 23:37

Musically living in the past as I listen to little that was recorded past 1980.

Technologically I am a 21st century man as I am an Engineer and an internet junkie but I don't do twitter or facebook and am not glued to my phone.

Have to say that while I still love vinyl I also love the idea of carrying all my music on my phone when I leave the house and use my portable bluetooth speakers and wireless headphones all the time.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 12, 2018 00:55

I keep buying vinyls.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2018 10:20

Elmo Lewis
Analog man in a digital age

winking smiley Me too

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 12, 2018 11:29

Singapore (primarily) and Saigon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:04

In a village near Swindon, just over the border into Oxfordshire.

But from Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland with my original accent undiluted. I left aged 14 in 1981 grinning smiley

If we're taking musical point in time and not Geographical location, then yes, I'm more than happy to be a dinosaur as I think very little of today's latest music thumbs up

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:14

Excellent music exists today. This narrative of “it was better in my day” is so painfully dull and cliched.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:23

I live on earth #23 (version 2.1). grinning smiley
I mistook yesterday, I was on earth #12, it was a bad day.

How about you ?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:35

My heart is deep in the country
But I live for the city

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:49

Bastion
Excellent music exists today. This narrative of “it was better in my day” is so painfully dull and cliched.

It's about individual tastes and preferences and not facts. I prefer the music of 'back then' and no doubt today's music has its fans too, mostly (but not exclusively) the young. If it makes them happy, good on them.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 12, 2018 14:08

grzegorz67
Bastion

It's about individual tastes and preferences and not facts. I prefer the music of 'back then' and no doubt today's music has its fans too, mostly (but not exclusively) the young. If it makes them happy, good on them.

Well said thumbs up

Date: April 12, 2018 14:25

Bastion

Very much in agreement. Thread makes me want to post that too. So many posts saying in essence "I don't belong here today". That is a personal choice.
But the notion that there is not great music in the 80's, 90's, or today is absurd. Pop music sucks, but it always does.
The only thing that disappears with time is a person's desire to go and explore and digest new music and art.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-12 14:26 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: April 12, 2018 14:43

Palace Revolution 2000
Bastion

Very much in agreement. Thread makes me want to post that too. So many posts saying in essence "I don't belong here today". That is a personal choice.
But the notion that there is not great music in the 80's, 90's, or today is absurd. Pop music sucks, but it always does.
The only thing that disappears with time is a person's desire to go and explore and digest new music and art.

Totally agree. Whilst most of the music I listen to is fairly ancient now I am always open to something new. I never wanted to become one of those walking cliches who are so stuck in the past that they can't see and appreciate what's good about the present.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 12, 2018 16:59

KevinLocksPerm
I personally live in the second decade of the 21st century.

Where do you live? Do you live in the modern age or do you live in 1969 or 1972? When did the clock stop ticking for you?

I did go on holiday to 1971 once but it was only a holiday. I did come back.

Love your question Kevin, my full answer would be long and bore you to tears so ill keep it short.

I live in my own world , i make my own reality, all the answers to our questions are already deep within us, but there are so many distractions that we can't see it.
We are all connected to the oneness the wholeness of the universe, its a beautiful world when you see it for what it is, just an illusion.
Hey Keith wrote a song about that smoking smiley

You can't really go deep in a place like this so i will just leave it at that.
I don't do news or TV or anything online except this, i find that the world is manipulated by the rich few and i'm not interested in their indoctrination.

In a way the Stones are my only exception, these guys are worth the time and effort, they never stop to amaze me, i mean the fact that they are still alive and well and still manage to remain active after all they have been through is almost supernatural winking smiley

I guess if a picked a year i live in 81' Tattoo You and the tour that accompanied it.
If i lived in a place its in my head where everything you imagine comes true.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 13, 2018 00:16

In a van down by the river.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 13, 2018 01:25

Desolation Row

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 13, 2018 02:39

Country Honk in Memory Motel...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home