Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 12:18

I had never heard this bootleg until today...yeah, I know!!!

Holy Moly!!

That version of JJF - smokes. Taylor's little flourishes! Wow.

Wyman's bass thru Little Queenie....just perfection in 4 strings!! And Bobby......and Ian S....

SFM - sounds like the whole band is on speed.....none moreso that Watts - together with Taylor and Wyman through the end breakdowns playing over Keith's powering RIFFFFFSSSS - OMFG

What HAS to be the Bitchinest Bitch!!! Just rocks........Keys!!!! Oh yeah. Jagger too, exemplary! That rhythm.....Taylor and Richards (he's the GLUE!) ....HELLO!!!!

Brown Sugar - vibrant, speedy and LOOSE, THAT Riff from teh Riff-Master....and Taylor...smackingly ferocious.

That smoothy, creamy version of Satisfaction - where did they pull that out from? F-U-N-K-Y !!!!

The intro to Live With Me - YUMMY!!!!

The crunchy intro to Honky Tonk......

Wyman, Watts and Jagger in the intro to Rambler --------- and that whole breakdown in the middle - the whole band ----- woweeeee!!

The tuning up and finding their way into Stray Cat Blues - again Taylor's little licks - OMG!

Let it Rock - INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stones were on fire that night!!They played with SWAGGER and seemingly a lot of freedom, on that show!!! NO VIDEO screens to sync with!!!

Rod

Re: Get Your Leeds Lungs Out
Date: April 10, 2018 12:28

Leeds is officially released. Are you saying that JJF was on Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out? Weren't JJF and Live With Me missing on that release? Which bootleg label was this?

Might be that you have heard the official release.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2018 12:29

Officially released 2015 in the Sticky Fingers - Deeeeeluxe set ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 12:29

If Jumping Jack Flash is on your version it is NOT a bootleg but the official released version. You can find it on the super deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers

Date: April 10, 2018 13:36

hockenheim95
If Jumping Jack Flash is on your version it is NOT a bootleg but the official released version. You can find it on the super deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers

Well... I'll be... Bought this "bootleg" at record fair on the weekend. I been diddled. It IS just a CD-R of the CD in Super Deluxe Sticky!! Which I had forgotten about!!! WHICH IS NOW OUT of the box and in its own CD jewel case to go in the car CD player in the morning!! Sensational record... No?

Rod

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 13:40

I don't know why but there is something I don't like about that show. Compared to Ya-Ya's the guitars sound very thin. Maybe it has something to do with the amps they were using. I like the Roundhouse recordings better.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2018 13:41

bitusa2012
hockenheim95

Well... I'll be... Bought this "bootleg" at record fair on the weekend. I been diddled. It IS just a CD-R of the CD in Super Deluxe Sticky!! Which I had forgotten about!!! WHICH IS NOW OUT of the box and in its own CD jewel case to go in the car CD player in the morning!! Sensational record... No?

Sensational record..(release) YES! I have the audio release Super Deluxe Sticky
(Apple) and it is sweet indeed. The ‘Honky Woman’ ‘Live with Me’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 13:48 by 35love.

Date: April 10, 2018 13:51

hockenheim95
I don't know why but there is something I don't like about that show. Compared to Ya-Ya's the guitars sound very thin. Maybe it has something to do with the amps they were using. I like the Roundhouse recordings better.

Roundhouse is way better, but Leeds is a solid show, despite some sloppiness and sound problems, imo.

Keith's clean guitar sound isn't that great (same as on the Marquee).

Date: April 10, 2018 16:17

I do like that about the '70 tour; that it was such crap shoot. From one night to another the amp could be 100% different; Keith made the train, got to sleep, got high and a shave, and played great. The horns were audible one night, gone the next. Tuning problems. I love all that. So when a show clicks it is a rush.

A question to bitusa2012: if you just now heard the classic Leeds show, can I assume that you are still in waiting for Bruxelles '73, or Essen '70, Sydney '73, Boston '69, Philly '72, LA '75, Passaic '78 etc etc?

Date: April 10, 2018 17:15

Palace (may I call you Palace?)

Are you trying to say you have
“question to bitusa2012: if you just now heard the classic Leeds show, can I assume that you are still in waiting for Bruxelles '73, or Essen '70, Sydney '73, Boston '69, Philly '72, LA '75, Passaic '78 etc etc?”

on vinyl, all waiting to be played? Need a house-sitter? I may never leave.
(I am imaging my own dream set up I guess)

Date: April 10, 2018 17:50

35love

“question to bitusa2012: if you just now heard the classic Leeds show, can I assume that you are still in waiting for Bruxelles '73, or Essen '70, Sydney '73, Boston '69, Philly '72, LA '75, Passaic '78 etc etc?”

I thought that's pretty much what we ante up with around here; the basics.
I am not trying to sound like some assh***, honestly; but doesn't everyone (only around here) wear those shows in their very DNA by now?

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: April 10, 2018 19:28

Palace Revolution 2000
35love

I am not trying to sound like some assh***, honestly; but doesn't everyone (only around here) wear those shows in their very DNA by now?

I have most of those shows on boot or officially. They've all been uploaded to I-tunes and follow me everywhere - life is good!
I also recently trasnferred all 20 CDs of "Life" to my phone. A very wothwhile change of pace.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 10, 2018 19:29

bitusa2012
hockenheim95

I'm wondering how you can 'forget' that this show was released officially in 2015 and then ending up buying it on a bootleg cd-r afterwards... Are you not listening to your products or take them seriously?

Date: April 10, 2018 22:24

Palace Revolution 2000
35love

*not on vinyl with a sound system, no. Audio only utube yes, sure, we can all hunt and find. What can I say, I dream of having a soundproof room to myself with every RS vinyl and ‘do not disturb for a long time’ sign on the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 22:26 by 35love.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 10, 2018 22:30

Yeah, the "Let It Rock" (which was also used on the maxi-single B side UK release of Brown Sugar along with Bitch) is the best LIR EVER(in my opinion) No version from the 78 tour can carry it's jockstrap...

Date: April 11, 2018 03:40

Blueranger
bitusa2012
hockenheim95

I'm wondering how you can 'forget' that this show was released officially in 2015 and then ending up buying it on a bootleg cd-r afterwards... Are you not listening to your products or take them seriously?

I listened to the Deluxe Sticky Box a few times all the way thru then put it all back in box to preserve it...and then completely forgot this one!

I have it in my ITunes library but DO get 'stuck' on Nasty Music - still my fave Stones record of all time. Live, that's what I nearly had always turned to...

...but not anymore!

Rod

Date: April 11, 2018 03:51

35love

I have all these bar Essen '70. Mu hunt for that one begins today then!

Of them, Bruxelles '73 and Passaic '78 Out on Bail remain all time faves...the 73 record (Nasty Music) due to the out of this world You Can't always Get What yoU Want - just magnificent especially the way Keys and Taylor segue into each other, sublime, and the '78 record because of the killer versions of Beast of Burden, Respectable and Sweet Little Sixteen, though I love it all apart from Shattered (a song I have always, in all it's incantations, despised!).

Sydney '73 is not as good to me as Perth '73 - maybe because Perth '73 was my first date with my (still) wife! Happy Birthday Nicky! Nice one.

Rod

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 11, 2018 05:24

bitusa2012
I had never heard this bootleg until today...yeah, I know!!!

Holy Moly!!

That version of JJF - smokes. Taylor's little flourishes! Wow.

Wyman's bass thru Little Queenie....just perfection in 4 strings!! And Bobby......and Ian S....

SFM - sounds like the whole band is on speed.....none moreso that Watts - together with Taylor and Wyman through the end breakdowns playing over Keith's powering RIFFFFFSSSS - OMFG

What HAS to be the Bitchinest Bitch!!! Just rocks........Keys!!!! Oh yeah. Jagger too, exemplary! That rhythm.....Taylor and Richards (he's the GLUE!) ....HELLO!!!!

Brown Sugar - vibrant, speedy and LOOSE, THAT Riff from teh Riff-Master....and Taylor...smackingly ferocious.

That smoothy, creamy version of Satisfaction - where did they pull that out from? F-U-N-K-Y !!!!

The intro to Live With Me - YUMMY!!!!

The crunchy intro to Honky Tonk......

Wyman, Watts and Jagger in the intro to Rambler --------- and that whole breakdown in the middle - the whole band ----- woweeeee!!

The tuning up and finding their way into Stray Cat Blues - again Taylor's little licks - OMG!

Let it Rock - INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stones were on fire that night!!They played with SWAGGER and seemingly a lot of freedom, on that show!!! NO VIDEO screens to sync with!!!
Welcome back from the moon....which is where you must have been for the last several decades. Glad you enjoyed it.....you may also like the show from Oakland 69....I hear its famous too..

Date: April 11, 2018 05:30

Moon!!!....hhhhaaa
.... no just a sandgroper who spends too much time wiv The Boss ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 11, 2018 05:40

Rockman
Moon!!!....hhhhaaa
.... no just a sandgroper who spends too much time wiv The Boss ...

Well....I'd BE a Child of the Moon!

...and still TRYING to spend time with the Boss on Broadway but can't score 2 balcony tickets to any show!!!

Rod

Date: April 11, 2018 05:54

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

ROCKMAN

Date: April 11, 2018 16:02

bitusa2012
35love

I have all these bar Essen '70. Mu hunt for that one begins today then!

Of them, Bruxelles '73 and Passaic '78 Out on Bail remain all time faves...the 73 record (Nasty Music) due to the out of this world You Can't always Get What yoU Want - just magnificent especially the way Keys and Taylor segue into each other, sublime, and the '78 record because of the killer versions of Beast of Burden, Respectable and Sweet Little Sixteen, though I love it all apart from Shattered (a song I have always, in all it's incantations, despised!).

Sydney '73 is not as good to me as Perth '73 - maybe because Perth '73 was my first date with my (still) wife! Happy Birthday Nicky! Nice one.

Very cool Bitusa. I always thought that Sydney show from '73, I think the boot is called 'Rocks off' is one of the best shows ever. Those titles I mentioned, are really just off the top of my head; like the Biggest of the Big Hits. As you obviously know them all. "Nasty Music' is about as good as they come.
But yes, that used to happen to me too: that I would file something away, forget about it, and then go out and hunt it down again. It was at that point that I too stock, and looked at what I was really doing.

Date: April 11, 2018 16:08

I didn’t grow up buying bootlegs (I’ve had a few)
Must be a MN thang (RIP Prince)
I only just agreed to join my family account Spotify, after it sitting available over a year, and I listen 90% audio only thru earpieces.
You’ll never make a Saint outta me tho, Periscope/ live captures has been a joy.

ETA: I do loathe the tin canny sound of utube that often comes through underneath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 16:09 by 35love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home